AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-30, 14:35   Link #4061
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

we're close to getting an english patch for grisaia no kajitsu so that should be on your list.
http://tlwiki.org/?title=Grisaia_no_Kajitsu
you'll definitely love the characters more in grisaia than g senjou
Old 2013-05-30, 14:40   Link #4062
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
we're close to getting an english patch for grisaia no kajitsu so that should be on your list.
http://tlwiki.org/?title=Grisaia_no_Kajitsu
you'll definitely love the characters more in grisaia than g senjou
Oh Nice. Will add.

G Senjou would been great if they designed it better. Specifically instead of treating each non-true girl as a "chapter", let things branch out so each girl is a route, or alternative universe event. Instead, they made things consecutive and made you break 3 hearts in the process. Sometimes I wonder if the game was punishing the MC for breaking 3 girls heart rather than shooting his brother.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 15:05   Link #4063
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
More questions

-Rewrite is H? I thought it was labeled for all age and no sex content.

-Little busters-Isn't it an all loli game of some kind? To my understanding it is not even fully translated. (I am not a fan of Downloading mass loli games-you never know if it is actually legal these days)

-Eien no Aselia-Question, is this a Final Fantasy style game? I just want to avoid FF style game if possible (I.E you walk in dungeon for a few steps, screen flashes and mob pop out every few step or so)

-Sharin no Kuni- I heard it is very depressing. And having Maou as my "drama to go" for now is enough. Unless it has a action oriented story as well?

Hoshizora no Memoria -What is this one about? haven't heard it.

Also, anyone know any good, translated Ojou-sama type of stories?
Rewrite has no H, it's all age.

Little Busters has only one loli, you're thinking of Kud Wafter, the "sequel" to the game, if you can call it that. It stars the same loli character from Little Busters. The original game is fully translated but the "expansion" game is not, which is just extra stories with the side characters and one new one afaik. I'm not sure how the new character fits into the story so I can't say for sure if the core story of the game is complete, but still, the original game is fully translated.

Eien no Aselia has no dungeons, just a world map. Think "Big Bang Age" or "Rance" with much simpler mechanics. There is no H in the English version btw.

Sharin no Kuni is very heavy drama, not action oriented at all. It goes very deep into the psychology of the characters, something I tend to like as long as it's not a bunch of bs.

Hoshizora no Memoria "Wish Upon a Shooting Star." Don't mix it up with the sequel called "Eternal Heart." It's a fairly light hearted game, it doesn't really get depressing but there are some moments where you might feel bad for the characters. The base of the story revolves around Mare, a grim reaper, according to her. While romancing your girl of choice, you may or may not (depending on route) learn more about her, like what she really is. At the same time, you, the MC, is searching for your childhood friend, which is heavily implied to be your first love, but the MC can't remember her name for plot reasons. It's a pretty interesting story, but be warned, it's in dire need for the After Story (Eternal Heart) to be translated.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 16:09   Link #4064
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

A few more questions:

Eien no Aselia-

http://vntls.org/project/aselia/ (Project tracker, not actual download)--This thing indicate the project has sexual content, but there is also another one meant for 12+. Is there a way to tell which is which? o_O

There are also a couple title I am looking into

Duel Savior-Is this any good? It does not appear to have any game plan but straight VN

Harem Party-How is this one? Is it straight VN as well with an RPG cast?

Koihime Musou-I heard it is based on Romance of 3 Kingdoms with great strategy and girls, cept meeting the female version of Cao Cao sounds rather odd. Do they all use the original cast's name? o_O Or just a parallel fantasy world?
Old 2013-05-30, 16:28   Link #4065
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
A few more questions:

Eien no Aselia-

http://vntls.org/project/aselia/ (Project tracker, not actual download)--This thing indicate the project has sexual content, but there is also another one meant for 12+. Is there a way to tell which is which? o_O

Duel Savior-Is this any good? It does not appear to have any game plan but straight VN

Koihime Musou-I heard it is based on Romance of 3 Kingdoms with great strategy and girls, cept meeting the female version of Cao Cao sounds rather odd. Do they all use the original cast's name? o_O Or just a parallel fantasy world?
I'm not sure how to tell the 12+ and 18+ apart for Eien no Aselia. But if you look here http://vndb.org/v74, you will see only the 12+ is in English.

I've only sampled Duel Savior so far, I didn't find it that interesting. I'm not really fond of any of the characters except that red haired one. But to get on her route, you need to finish every other route just to start hers... ya... I'm not too keen on doing that so I found a save data to start her route right away. I started the route but I stopped to play something else, will get back to it eventually. There is a battle system in Duel Savior, a very very basic side view action one, which is pathetically easy. It's so easy that it feels like a waste of time to even give the player control of the battles.

Never tried Harem Party, so I wouldn't know.

I tried Koihime Musou because I liked the anime. I couldn't really enjoy the game, the battles have even more basic mechanics than Eien no Aselia, which is not fun. But that's not the main reason I stopped playing it, I can enjoy simple battle systems, don't misunderstand me on that. The real reason I stopped is because Ryuubi is not in that game (she's in the 2nd and on, no English version though), I didn't really feel like continuing it without having a character to look forward to seeing. Plus, I read somewhere that the battles take a really long time to finish later on.

Not sure what you mean by "original cast name" and "parallel fantasy world."
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 19:28   Link #4066
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Ahhh, can't decide XD

Oh, when I meant original cast or parallel world is like

for example, original cast, the story is based on 3 kingdoms fighting each other. There might be some similarities, but still unique. You won't see a female version of Lu Bei for example.

Parallel world instead you do, seeing female version of Cao Cao and the entire cast. (I am having a hard time digesting the entire cast of Romance of 3 Kingdom as cute girls, sorry, )
Old 2013-05-31, 00:57   Link #4067
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Managed to progress a bit with Reminiscence's trial.

The protagonist is reminiscent of Kaito in several familiar ways; he's stumbling around trying to find his way while making a living; obligatory deep, dark past; and is a crouching moron, hidden badass. I can't help but think that the writer has a penchant for male leads like this, though admittedly I do miss Kaito's taste in literature (or to be more precise, the author's self-insert thoughts on contemporary literature with Kaito as his speaking agent). It wasn't a big thing, but it did help in solidifying him more as a character, what with his literary opinions and reading during his off-duty hours, and the like.

Seeing Hidetaka in action on his own terms were really interesting moments to read through, because you get to see just how flexible and adept he is at catching cues and then coming up with strategies for his own benefit. He's apparently good at using people thanks to his diverse connections. The re-negotiation as well as the following investigation event were quite interesting in terms of portraying is competency; especially the re-negotiation scene for me because of the way the author's written it out with such a decisively business-savvy approach (though I would have appreciated a bit more in-depth economics, but this is just personal opinion). I can't help but see Hidetaka as a big, fat liar to himself when he mentioned that it'd be impossible for him to catch up with Madoka and the others...only he gets to seal the re-negotiation on very amicable terms and leave them eating his dust. Or maybe he really just loves lying to himself and this was just one of the many scenes pointing it out which I most likely have missed out on.

Is it just me, or does Madoka, despite all her disappointed and disenchanted take on the current Hidetaka, come off as wistfully...I don't know, pining? It's like she's disillusioned yet at the same time, her every interaction with him has this undercurrent of eager hoping, as if at any moment the Hidetaka she's familiar with would suddenly reappear out of nowhere and blow all her expectations away. Or maybe, as mentioned earlier, it's just me.

Seeing Aki with those empty eyes vocally and scathingly proclaiming her hatred for Hidetaka as well as her sheer sadistic delight at seeing him as an empty shell of his former self...brrrrrrrrr. Her request to Aksella afterwards didn't do much to help lift the creepy factor. This must be some REALLY fucked up history we're talking about.

And despite Mizuno Rin featuring heavily in the main promotional materials for this game, I don't see how she could have much on an impact on Hidetaka, or the the main story for that matter seeing as Hidetaka pretty much ignores her presence whenever she gets mentioned pre-Kizuna's appearance. I hope she isn't just an extra character tacked on for shits and giggles.

One last thing:
Spoiler:
My familiarity with AkaGoei is admittedly rusty; hell, I even thought that Kizuna was Kaito and Reika's kid (you'd think the hair, the name, and the teacher's route in Shuumatsutron would have already given it away, argh).
Old 2013-05-31, 03:55   Link #4068
cranston

Quote:
A few more questions:

Eien no Aselia-

Eien no Aselia was once ported to PS2, a non-H version.
When the successor title, Seinarukana came out, the PS2 Eien no Aselia was re-ported to PC and given as a bonus item. The english translation patch was made for this version of EnA, full name Eien no Aselia: Kono Daichi no Hate de.

Koihime Musou had pathetic strategy. Worse than EnA. EnA wasn't bad, just somewhat slow and repetitive. My problem was that I played Seinarukana before EnA, and Seinarukana absolutely blew my mind with its mechanics, CG and story. So EnA was rather humdrum to me. Still, I would recommend EnA rather than Koihime Musou.

But in terms of fun play, Big Bang Age over EnA.

PS
Call your Cao Cao as a cute girl, and raise you one Hitler as a cute idol-singer. :P
cranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 07:35   Link #4069
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post

One last thing:
Spoiler:
Yuuki wears an USB stick around his neck so Reminiscence obviously follows Tae's route.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 07:39   Link #4070
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranston View Post
Eien no Aselia was once ported to PS2, a non-H version.
When the successor title, Seinarukana came out, the PS2 Eien no Aselia was re-ported to PC and given as a bonus item. The english translation patch was made for this version of EnA, full name Eien no Aselia: Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Don't know about the English version or its source, but the special edition of Aselia is H.
Old 2013-05-31, 07:44   Link #4071
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Yuuki wears an USB stick around his neck so Reminiscence obviously follows Tae's route.
Wouldn't that ignore what happened in Shuumatsuron ?
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 07:46   Link #4072
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Yeah, I wanted to ask that question. How exactly would we know which route Reminiscence follows after? Would it be one route, or would it be a culmination of various plot elements coupled together from each of the routes on which Reminiscence is then built upon?

PS. it's out

Would anyone mind if there was a separate discussion thread for Reminiscence? Just throwing it out there.
Old 2013-05-31, 07:50   Link #4073
Kirayuki

I personally think it's just a loose continuation, the continuity question will just pop out if we only look at it from just one route's perspective.
Old 2013-05-31, 07:53   Link #4074
Soviet

And Shuumatsuron ignored the first game, or mostly Reika's route because she got a new one anyway. It's not like the games are big on continuity.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 07:56   Link #4075
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Mmm, cool, that works. Means I won't have to try too hard when it comes playing "spot the threads". Thanks.
Old 2013-05-31, 07:58   Link #4076
Kirayuki

I believe the first game used Kaoru's route (yes, it's more like a sub route) as the base for shaping up the way to Shuumatsuron. But yeah, the continuity itself in general doesn't really exist here.
Old 2013-05-31, 08:04   Link #4077
n0m@n
C-Z

I actually found Kaoru is one of the good heroines in the game lol. One of the good thing about Shuuratsumon is that it has Kaoru's route(She did have a sun rouute diverged from Kanzaki, but......yeah...)
I wonder if a character that carries the name "Nikaidou" will appear?

@Hemisphere
Yeah, we should build a separate thread for Reminiscence.

Edit:
Yeah, build it here.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...04#post4703204

Lets discuss it here since it will be easier.
Old 2013-05-31, 08:53   Link #4078
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Don't know about the English version or its source, but the special edition of Aselia is H.
Isn't that one done by Donkdoms (sic) and meant for 12+
Old 2013-05-31, 09:00   Link #4079
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I'm talking about this

http://www.xuse.co.jp/product/042_aselia-se/
Old 2013-06-02, 17:14   Link #4080
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I've started playing one of purplesoft's older titles "Memoria", which features some form of cohabitation between humans and a race that looks human and has animal ears (and tiail) + an elven-esque slow aging trait. Similar to Koi+Choco you are forced into one route during your first playthrough (which is still my on-going one). Our dear main character Kouichi is sadly one of his fellow dense comrades. To be precise, that kind of dense, where the writer loves to rub it in your face, even though the first half wasn't *that* bad under that aspect. And I don't believe that his memory loss, which was revealed in the beginning, is at fault for it.
-> Dense towards his tsuntsun "bad mouth" childhood friend (nothing unusual)
-> The most obvious dense moment:
Spoiler:

Otherwise, there's finally Da Capo 3 X-rated and the new Ex-one VN

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel