AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-14, 21:44   Link #1921
Shimuzu
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
so guys, anyone know if there's gonna be a follow up VN for TE or anything in continuation for the TE universe? :P
Shimuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 22:02   Link #1922
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimuzu View Post
so guys, anyone know if there's gonna be a follow up VN for TE or anything in continuation for the TE universe? :P


Supposedly, the light novels will resume publication - supposedly.

Also, it is all but confirmed that age will most likely not release an Extended Cut DLC to please their unhappy fans.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 17:53   Link #1923
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u Lucina/dancer girl
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the arm of the Lucina... Duh!
Age: 21
Everyone is arguing about incest, but is there anyone out there that is a Crysyuu shipper? Or am I the only one. Cryska getting so lil love is making me sad, but I'm happy for her since she loved yuuya and yuuya loved her back(She won! Haha~). Susanoo was not shot down in Alt so we can safely say that yuuya and Inia did their thing and went to meet Cryska in the end.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 08:17   Link #1924
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Part 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzH_oWkEJOU
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 14:39   Link #1925
vic-vic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: forge-world Moscow 1
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Everyone is arguing about incest, but is there anyone out there that is a Crysyuu shipper? Or am I the only one. Cryska getting so lil love is making me sad, but I'm happy for her since she loved yuuya and yuuya loved her back(She won! Haha~). Susanoo was not shot down in Alt so we can safely say that yuuya and Inia did their thing and went to meet Cryska in the end.
*Proudly wave around Cryska/Yuuya flag.*

But seriously, the silver haired beautiful Soviet esper really need more love.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 16:24   Link #1926
faiz blaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Sorry, I'm more an Yuuya-x-Yifei fan.
__________________
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 18:51   Link #1927
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
No Yuuya/Inia here? Aww damns.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 19:29   Link #1928
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
I don't know jack shit about TE but did someone mention wincest?

Here is my signature good sir
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 23:13   Link #1929
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I don't know jack shit about TE but did someone mention wincest?

Here is my signature good sir
There was an argument a week ago or so on how Yui's feelings for Yuuya are wrong, and it was pointed out that those feelings occurred naturally, and that if Destined_Fate were to insist that their incestuous relationship were wrong, he'd be displaying himself to be a hypocrite, as this stance is in odds with his previous statements.

Check back pages 94-96.

And now I know how Stephen Colbert feels when he digs up politicians' previous speeches and throws their own words in their faces.

Anyway, basically, Heineman tells Yui that she's Yuuya's half-sister, and that Yuuya's dad who knocked up his mom is her father. So Yui is now a tsunjellyderewinmouto ojousama, which is all kinds of win (even if I don't particularly like ojousama characters, but it's Yui, she gets a pass).

I pointed out, however, that while this is probably true, we also need to take into account that Heineman is trolling Yui for his own purposes, and that he's not a reliable witness. I would not base my case on his testimony, speaking as someone who studied law. Plus, it's not as if Muv-Luv has had characters outright lying to each other - note how Sandek managed to convince Yui the Americans were behind beserk Scarlet Twins, and how he manipulated Yuuya to die.

Having said that, given that at the end of the series the only girl left standing is Inia (Sorry, Shiranui, you don't count), I seriously have to wonder whether Inia actually manipulated events to neutralise her love rivals, leaving her alone with Yuuya...

Afterall, AMT did call her Tzeentechnia. Or something like that. My 40k-fu is weak outside of IG.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 05:56   Link #1930
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
I called her Iniazinchi, or something like that. I don't remember.
But yeah, Inia is sly.

Plus, she's definitely spying on your first time with Cryska.

Spoiler for Inia, I am your father:


Speaking of parings, I am firmly in the CryskaxYuuyaxYui triangle camp.
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 06:52   Link #1931
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Did Cryska and Yuuya actually do 'it'?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 09:35   Link #1932
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
The VN is all-ages (as much as a VN can be, anyway), so there aren't any H-scenes in it.

If it was 18+ though, I'm pretty sure it would have at least one scene, a la Alternative.
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 10:29   Link #1933
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
No chance of that happening right?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 13:44   Link #1934
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 31
Pretty much. Any VN on the 360 or PS3 is going to be All Ages, particularly since Sony has a policy of no porn on their consoles.

(This has not stopped clever modders from sucessfully porting several Windows 98 VN eroge to the PSP, but it's a drop in the bucket.)
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 14:19   Link #1935
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u Lucina/dancer girl
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the arm of the Lucina... Duh!
Age: 21
At least let them do it off screen, takeru and sumika did it before sumika die.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 15:32   Link #1936
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
The way the game ended. It'd probably be a Alternative of a Alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Pretty much. Any VN on the 360 or PS3 is going to be All Ages, particularly since Sony has a policy of no porn on their consoles.

(This has not stopped clever modders from sucessfully porting several Windows 98 VN eroge to the PSP, but it's a drop in the bucket.)
Same rule applies to handhelds as well. You'll only find 18+ on pc. Ironically enough, its usually the G rated ports that have sound and better visuals. Not to mention usually a better revamped system... and in rare instances a new route.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 21:12   Link #1937
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Same rule applies to handhelds as well. You'll only find 18+ on pc. Ironically enough, its usually the G rated ports that have sound and better visuals. Not to mention usually a better revamped system... and in rare instances a new route.
I know, that's the irony. Hell, PS2 port of Fate/Stay Night assembled the awesome cast...

That said there are also games where removing the ero doesn't hurt, like Eien no Aselia, although I never finished that game because I pretty much hated almost everyone in that world. (Logistics juggling was interesting, however.)
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 07:35   Link #1938
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
So how did the sales for the TE VN do? Good enough to warrant a PC release?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 10:08   Link #1939
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
So how did the sales for the TE VN do? Good enough to warrant a PC release?
Actually it might be the opposite. Tech Gian is mainly apeshit with pcs releases. Even if it got a game it wouldn't really count as the main division of age since TE was based off the novel. Its pretty much up in the air. I'm pretty sure they know if they make a pc release it'd sell pretty well, but the problem is I'm pretty sure they also know no one would buy a half-assed released. Meaning they'd probably need to fix the plot and add ero scenes or no one would buy it. Muv Luv is essentially ero and gore. Without the two you can't really have muv luv.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 18:24   Link #1940
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Actually it might be the opposite. Tech Gian is mainly apeshit with pcs releases. Even if it got a game it wouldn't really count as the main division of age since TE was based off the novel. Its pretty much up in the air. I'm pretty sure they know if they make a pc release it'd sell pretty well, but the problem is I'm pretty sure they also know no one would buy a half-assed released. Meaning they'd probably need to fix the plot and add ero scenes or no one would buy it. Muv Luv is essentially ero and gore. Without the two you can't really have muv luv.
Sadly if you realized since Alt. Chronicles 03 there's no more of both. It's still Muv-Luv though.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.