AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-13, 05:25   Link #21
Cammy

Why is everyone saying male audience...is it any special from other yuri animes? >_>

Anyway...Does anyone know if any fansubbers are picking up on this because it looks awesome..
Cammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 05:58   Link #22
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy
Why is everyone saying male audience...is it any special from other yuri animes? >_>
Because its serialized in a male oriented magazine thats why.

What do you mean by "is it a special from other yuri anime?"

Other yuri manga/anime that are targeted at male audience:

Kannaduki no Miko
Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~
HEN
Yamibou
Strawberry Panic!
Haru Yo Koi
... and others.
Old 2006-02-13, 11:30   Link #23
Cammy

*coughs* well ok, that wasnt really my question...I would really like to know if anyone will be subbing this >_>
Old 2006-02-13, 12:48   Link #24
NeoSam

Quote:
*coughs* well ok, that wasnt really my question...I would really like to know if anyone will be subbing this >_>
All of these were subbed:

Kannaduki no Miko
Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ (still being subbed)
HEN
Yamibou

So yeah, of course it will get subbed.
Old 2006-02-14, 15:04   Link #25
Cammy

Uh well i know lots of good anime that are never fansubbed or only partly...and whats with the attitude...it was a simple question >_<
Old 2006-02-14, 16:45   Link #26
NeoSam

Quote:
Uh well i know lots of good anime that are never fansubbed or only partly...and whats with the attitude...it was a simple question >_<
Ok, I answered the question seriously, and I don't know what "attitude" you are talking about.

I'm only saying that all these male oriented yuri anime (that I know of) got subbed, so I'm pretty sure this will be subbed too.
Old 2006-02-17, 05:57   Link #27
Succubus Evaligan

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
You are a girl, a guy, an animal, I don't care what you are.

Strawberry Panic! novel is for male audience
Strawberry Panic! manga is for male audience
Strawberry Panic! anime is for male audience

Whatever the content of Strawberry Panic! is, its intended for male audience.

And FYI Kannaduki no Miko manga and anime are also aimed at male audience.

You can make the words as big as you want, that will change nothing, Strawberry Panic! is serialized in a magazine aimed at male audience, and it is targeted at male audience.
You say that all kisses between anime girls are for male audience? LOL
Exist girls that likes yuri like me. Yuri is not only for boys. Yuri is for girls too.
I don't care if that is produced by a Shounen Jump or other. That doesn't prove nothing. Yami not Matsuei have shounen-ai and is targeted like Shoujo.
Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is for male audience too? I really don't think that.
Kannaduki no Miko is for male audience only for the mechs?...
Magic Knight Rayearth has mechs too and is for female audience.
I sorry say this... but many of my male friends hate Kannaduki no Miko only because Souma loses against Chikane. They hate the fate of Souma. I really love Kannaduki no Miko. I don't care about Souma. I love Chikane and Himeko.
Maybe the manga of Kannaduki no Miko is more for male audience for the rape scene, but the anime is for both, male and female audience. I don't like much the mecha action... but is ok.

The desing of character in Strawberry Panic look more targeted for female audience than male audience. It's more like Maria-sama ga Miteru. I don't see big breast in Strawberry Panic.
and... the novel... what boy read a novel?
I sorry... but I really don't knows boys that like read novels...
maybe a manga... but a novel?
I read the novel of Maria-sama ga Miteru and it's for girls... is for female audience... all novels that I read... are for female audience.
Succubus Evaligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 06:29   Link #28
NeoSam

I had enough of this, exactly on what do you base this?

It doesn't really matter to me, if you care were it was serialized or not.

Strawberry Panic! novel is aimed at a male audience and it was published under a label for young men, and it is targeted at male audience.

You like it or don't like it, I don't care, since the manga is serialized in a male oriented magazine its also aimed at male audience.

It looks like Maria-sama ga Sh*t or whatever I don't care, Strawberry Panic! is for guys no matter how it looks.

Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is for male audience.
Kannaduki no Miko is for for male audience.

You like it or not, many manga/novels containing yuri in it (sexual or not) are aimed at male audience.

Novels are for girls yeah right, in what world are you living?

There are gazillion novels for male audience that are published in japan, and Strawberry Panic! is a yuri novel/manga/anime for male audience.

You want yuri for girls, look in female oriented magazines, and no Strawberry Panic! is not for girls and it will never be. saying stuff will not make it for girls.

Strawberry Panic! is published under a label for young men and it is for young men.

Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is for male audience.
Kannaduki no Miko is for male audience.
Old 2006-02-17, 07:19   Link #29
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Whoa, can we all cool down a bit here. The bunch of you are arguing about different issues, you are to comparing apples to oranges.

What NeoSam says is correct.

Strawberry Panic! is aimed at a male audience.

Now just because it's aimed at a male audience doesn't mean that females can't read or enjoy it. Nowhere does NeoSam say that females aren't allowed to read or enjoy yuri, nor does he state that yuri is exclusively meant for a male audience.

The point is, series such as Strawberry Panic!, Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~, Kannaduki no Miko, etc. are published and intended for a male audience, i.e. the primary market are males. As far as the publishers are concerned, they don't care who actually purchases it (male or female) but they target such series to males.

There are many other published yuri series targeted for a female audience just as Strawberry Panic! is targeted at a male audience. But this doesn't stop anyone from actually reading either.
Quote:
Why is everyone saying male audience...is it any special from other yuri animes?
In the context of this discussion, there are two types of yuri series.
Targeted for females
Targeted for males
So it's only "special" because it's targeted for males. The fact they are targeted in this way does not mean that they are restricted or banned or limited in any other way (except maybe the adverts are more applicable to the intended audience).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Succubus Evaligan
and... the novel... what boy read a novel?
I sorry... but I really don't knows boys that like read novels...
maybe a manga... but a novel?
I read the novel of Maria-sama ga Miteru and it's for girls... is for female audience... all novels that I read... are for female audience.
And this is where you are going wrong. You seem to state that boys do not read novels and that Maria-sama ga Miteru is only for girls. This is basically tosh. People may read and enjoy what they like, they may well be outside the intended demographic of the product but so what.

Maria-sama ga Miteru is intended for a female audience but that doesn't mean males can't watch and enjoy it (as shown by the number of posts from males in the Maria-sama ga Miteru forum here at AnimeSuki.

Now, please stop the arguments (or so called discussion) since you are getting nowhere. This thread is for the discussion of Strawberry Panic! so let's keep it that way.

If you are male or female and enjoy it, good for you.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 09:03   Link #30
Cammy

I do know quite alot of girls who will watch strawberry panic(including myself)...anyway, i didnt really mean to contribute to this whole argument, i dont care wether you are male or female and enjoying different types of anime. And ok im sorry NeoSam i mustve misunderstood you.
Old 2006-02-17, 10:18   Link #31
NeoSam

No problem Cammy

Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay

Ok I just found out something great
I'll mention it in this post since I have to add this to the first post of this thread

There's also a novel based on the novel

Strawberry Panic! started as a short novel (short stories) being serialized in the bishoujo magazine Dengeki G's Magazine (bishoujo magazines are aimed at male audience).

After the short stories finished serializing in the bishoujo magazine Dengeki G's Magazine, the short stories were collected and published in one volume:

Here's the cover of this one volume novel:

Ok so I already mentioned this, so whats new:

A manga based on this novel is serialized in the bishoujo magazine Dengeki G's Magazine, and it will be published (when its released) under the seinen(young men's) comic imprint Dengeki Comics.

No I already mentioned the manga LOL, this is what I found out:

A novel based on the novel (yes a novel based on a novel >.<) is going to be published under the seinen(young men's) label Dengeki Bunko.

Yes a novel based on the novel and its not going to be one volume long. (the first volume of this novel will be released next month(March 2006), I'll post the cover when its out).

The first volume of the manga will also be released on March 2006, I'll post the cover when its out.

Ok as you see, and I hope I don't have to mention this again; both the original novel and the new novel based on it are published under a label for young men, and the manga based on the novel is also published under a comic imprint for young men.

I'll add the new info about the new novel in the first post of this thread.

(please read xris's post, and thank you xris for clearing things up )

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-02-17 at 18:29. Reason: O.O my english is bad (clearing things up and not out O.O)
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 12:15   Link #32
DaFool
Resident devil

Actually the emphasis on 'made for males' was for ignorant boys who go "girls, ewww", but xris already cleared things up. If yuri fangirls got offended, the 'flame' wasn't meant for you.

For the record, I enjoyed Maria-sama ga Miteru over Kannaduki no Miko. And though Marimite originated from a josei novel, they do make freaky otaku merchandise for it.

I must say the website for Strawberry Panic is the most gothic good stuff I've seen among the upcoming series.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 21:00   Link #33
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

The first chapter of manga is out. (Manganews)

/edit: doh....this should have gone in the manga forum. Alas...

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-02-24 at 21:20.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 02:09   Link #34
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
Is that synopsis correct? Because if it is, and this is yuricest between fourth graders, then you may want to edit your post to say "This is a yuri manga for a pedophilic male audience."
Sorry to dig up such an old post, but no-one seems to have corrected this. It says in the story summary that "4th grade" means first year of high school, i.e. St. Miatre is a combined middle school/high school and Nagisa has joined halfway through.

So people who'd otherwise go "ewww, loli" can enjoy this series too
Old 2006-02-25, 08:19   Link #35
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

its gd for anime to be targeted on male audience cos it means to have a all girlx girl relationship

am a fangirl too, but am glad anime was targeting on male ^^ rather than it target on girl audience which mostly those type of anime are yaoi ~ ~"

more male audience means more bishi anime girls and more shoujo , so it doesnt matter to me on the issus of targeting who. gender doesnt matter =D ,maybe am a L***** not really sure..

btw chapt 3 has already been released by chinese sub, if u understand chinese, u can get it from their online manga ^^

off topic: if u do like strawberry panic , read strawberry shake too, its also a yuri manga.. hope it will get serialize
friendshipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 15:46   Link #36
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Looks interesting, perhaps Doremi-fansubs might pick it up to fill in the yuri tendencies gap after Mai-Otome is over.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 02:13   Link #37
NeoSam

The site for the seinen anime Strawberry Panic! has opened:

http://www.strawberrypanic.com/

Edit:

A second version of the first chapter of the manga has been released, torrent available here: http://www.manganews.net/seriesinfo.php?id=4087

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-03-01 at 03:44.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 02:24   Link #38
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
The site for the seinen anime Strawberry Panic! has opened:

http://www.strawberrypanic.com/
Cool, thanks for the link!

Although the official site hasn't listed it yet, the broadcast schedule is also out - 13 episodes, starting April 11th.
Old 2006-03-01, 06:17   Link #39
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

13...same as kannaduki no miko..same as maria sama ga miteru/haru ..same as yami to boshi to tabibito

why cant shoujo ai anime be 26 or more ..just like mai hime/otome >_<!!

ahHH XDD!! two yuri anime on the way this april , simoun and strawberry panic

make this march pass fast

for this anime, their cast and producer are quite well known...the anime they had produce are popular too , like ichigo 100%, mashimaro and gunslinger girl
Old 2006-03-01, 07:09   Link #40
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

..arrr heard from rumour said that it is 26 esp...o_0....

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri