AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-31, 15:16   Link #21
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I was considering this, myself. It sounds silly at first, but..... the more I think about it, it has the potential to be an extremely useful ability. I mean, Kelly could basically use this power to control the most powerful DF/haki users in the world if he manages to attach himself to them. In fact, it makes me wonder why he didn't bother becoming Don Chinjao's "jacket" if he wanted to dominate the tournament!
But then that can lead to does he have full control of the strong or only people that he is stonger then. Sooo if he trys to attach someone who strong willed or has haki how long would his control on them last plus he does seem to look defenceless while in the jacket form soo they or somelse could easly push the jacket adside or blast it away. Plus given that its a jacket could this mean it has the same weakness like Buggy DF where it can be tied up or stuffed into a box and then dropped into the ocean?
Old 2013-07-31, 15:47   Link #22
SeanQ

I don't think he can just attach himself to whoever he wants ... person has to actually pick him up and put him on ... and why would Don Chinjao need his assistance in winning the tournament anyways?
Old 2013-07-31, 16:09   Link #23
ellifeedn
Thinker

Why does Don Chinjao have the number 12 tattooed on his forehead?
Old 2013-07-31, 16:41   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
But then that can lead to does he have full control of the strong or only people that he is stonger then. Sooo if he trys to attach someone who strong willed or has haki how long would his control on them last plus he does seem to look defenceless while in the jacket form soo they or somelse could easly push the jacket adside or blast it away. Plus given that its a jacket could this mean it has the same weakness like Buggy DF where it can be tied up or stuffed into a box and then dropped into the ocean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
I don't think he can just attach himself to whoever he wants ... person has to actually pick him up and put him on ... and why would Don Chinjao need his assistance in winning the tournament anyways?

Well, while you guys are probably right, it DOES look like Kelly can at least move around while he's in jacket form, so I sorta figured that maybe he can "steal" a person's body by force if the opportunity presents himself. Hence why I suggested that he could have stolen the Don's body (though that does leave the question of who would be the actual tourney winner between the two of them since they'd be fused together)......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Why does Don Chinjao have the number 12 tattooed on his forehead?

That was explained last chapter: He was the 12th commander of Kano country's Happou navy. Also note that Sai, the current commander, has the number 13 tattooed on his stomach, as proof that he's the Don's successor. It makes me all the more interested in learning more about Kano and the Chinjao family, personally.
Old 2013-07-31, 21:37   Link #25
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

finally... two fighters left...

clash of two conqueror hakis will be interesting
Old 2013-07-31, 22:26   Link #26
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I've got the feeling that the whole tournement was just done by Oda to help the anime get "filler" or "stretch" material. The anime is already more than half done with the punk hazard arc, so it may become hard to maintain the distance.
Old 2013-07-31, 22:35   Link #27
AdventSleeper

Fun chapter. Characters introduced and defeated so quickly.

As for the mini-story. Poor Grandma
Old 2013-08-01, 00:23   Link #28
marvelB

Oh, and BTW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
I bet the treasure that Garp stole from Don is something really stupid like a childhood girlfriend that Garp kissed in front of Don, or the last taiyaki at a famous store.

Funny that the part in bold was mentioned, because an interesting theory I've seen being thrown around was that Garp probably stole the Don's lover or daughter in the past, who eventually became Luffy's grandmother. If that really is the case, then that would most certainly explain Chinjao's hatred towards the Monkey D. bloodline......
Old 2013-08-01, 00:50   Link #29
adriankhoo153

Quote:
Yeah, I was considering this, myself. It sounds silly at first, but..... the more I think about it, it has the potential to be an extremely useful ability. I mean, Kelly could basically use this power to control the most powerful DF/haki users in the world if he manages to attach himself to them. In fact, it makes me wonder why he didn't bother becoming Don Chinjao's "jacket" if he wanted to dominate the tournament!
I am sure there is a limitation to the user. First he need to wear himself to powerful user is not easily done. Second, the user might beat him down or struggle him out of the halfway wearing jacket. Somehow I think he could only overpowered lower level user than himself.
Old 2013-08-01, 03:37   Link #30
ri0

This chapter got me thinking of how much progress Luffy made during these past two years.
Of course there was a lot of fodder in this tournament. Nevertheless those are guys who at least made a name in the New World for themselves. One of those, the leader of a country's naval force was easily pushed out of the ring by Luffy with a single, by the looks of it, Gear 2nd boosted kick.
But the main action starts now with the fight against a profound Haki user. That got me really, really excited since I'm hoping to see how much Luffy closed the gap to the top tiers.

I think Ango set his ambitions a little bit too high, whereas an open tournament battle propably isn't the right place to judge the strength of a self proclaimed sniper. Makes me wonder where the Lvl 6ers are hiding anyway.
Old 2013-08-01, 05:57   Link #31
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 716
That was a good chapter. Unique fighters in this arch. Shame Ideo was kicked out really quick but the inevitable was bound to happen. I wonder how much Luffy is holding back in this tournament? He has not used his rubber fruit this whole tournament (Except for the immunity to blunt force which is passive and his gear 2). I don't think this fight will be a close for Don Chinjao.

adjusting
If Luffy gets really good with armor haki he can imbue enough haki into his rubber to were his Immunity to blunt force will be useful again against haki users. Kinda like Akainu with Vista and Marco.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-08-01 at 08:22.
Old 2013-08-01, 20:59   Link #32
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

expect luffy to have a new technique or gear for this battle

and this is just one block. hopefully in the other blocks there are other powerful people like one that can use mythical zoans
Old 2013-08-02, 00:23   Link #33
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
^Yeah, saw your summary over at AP. The part about Ango knowing the whereabouts of the level 6 prisoners is most definitely the chapter's highlight for me so far. I wouldn't even be surprised if some of them were among those shadow brokers we saw at PH.....

Also, as awesome as the Luffy/Chinjao stuff sounds, it also makes me rather apprehensive because this is just gonna open up yet another can of worms as far as the power debates are concerned.....

Edit: Damn, Panda was faster than usual this time.....
It's not like Jean Ango is anyone important. He's just fodder. The only escapee's he caught were the weak fodder ones. He's insignificant. He didn't affect anything in the slightest.
Old 2013-08-02, 00:40   Link #34
marvelB

^Insignificant to the plot as a whole? I agree. Doesn't mean I find him any less interesting, though. Heck, I'm just glad we got to see more named bounty hunters appear, whether they be "fodder" or not. And I happen to really like Ango's character design, so there's that, too.

That being said, I think the fact that he was aware of something that the WG hushed up before the time skip would give him some modicum of relevance, don't you think?
Old 2013-08-02, 02:36   Link #35
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Within each new chapter, Chinjao's design reminds me more of Jinpachi Mishima from Tekken. Especially when he is berserked.

And about Jean Argo, I think only hope of seeing him ever again lies within a Buggy cover story where he is getting hunted by Jean.
Old 2013-08-02, 09:04   Link #36
noktown

I hope no one interferes with the fight,Luffy should take him 1 on 1.
Old 2013-08-02, 09:32   Link #37
ziggi92

Interesting chapter with great fights.

I do wonder who in luffy crew will get the fire devil fruit personally I think it is going to be

Sanji for some reason but I think it would kind of ironic if Usopp would get one most powerful

Devil fruit in the world.
Old 2013-08-02, 14:52   Link #38
marvelB

On another note, anyone interested in some of the latest volume's SBS info can check out this update over at the SBS thread!
Old 2013-08-02, 16:56   Link #39
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He doesn't call Luffy 妓配王, that the name of his move.
ぎはいおう -> pun of おいはぎ
It's basically oihagi spelled backwards in Japanese.

Oihagi is a looter who attacks others and take their stuff.
Which is what Jean Ango does.
Thanks that make hell a lot more sense, it never crossed the me that it is could a name for the move. Though even knowing that, withe my level of Japanese, I still would know the meaning of it...
Old 2013-08-02, 19:02   Link #40
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I too share marvelB's sentiments on the quick loss of Jean Ango (and the other notable contestants for that matter, as well), but this arc has a lot to cover and thus a quick but intense progression is appropriate. We don't want this tournament dragging out for too long, and clearly Oda feels the same way. Awesome chapter and awesome fights. Also, is there a chapter next week or not?