AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-07-29, 20:34   Link #921
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
what the fuck 14 years -_-
so the ultraman part, slaying angel one by one is already finished huh? so what the fuck they fighting with dat super modern flying giant ship in the sea? -_-

oh yea i could understand dat ultra yandere side of gendou he want to reunite with his wife so badly and cant move on like a fucking teenager but i dont understand that seele bastard objective, fusing all people into one bastard giant naked rei? wtf man, its so.... i dont even know how to describe it, so egoist man, they force a billions of people, what the advantages of being a naked giant rei anyway... Seems like they need to be raped by giant dog to death to fix their fvked up brain...
Like i said , they fought mark niomecanic robots from IPEA
Ipea runs indepentdly from Nerv but i believe they were somewhat coordoned by Seele but can't tell officially sorry.

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_Mark.04

Seele wants to reunite humanity because they saw the damages through it , seele is anterior to humanity , practically built the first civilaztions , became later some dark reunion of powerful people running the world in secret .
YThe particularism is that they are strongly religious and decided to stop the shit humanity is doing.
Since people are dumb , stupid , egoist , idiots , bla bla bla the only to improve that is to up humanity to godhood and the only way is through instrumentality v (i'm talking about NGE universe)

For organizations something to sum up (from 3.33 )
Shinji from Nerv (neonerv ?)
Asuka from Wille (rebels with a cause ?)
Mari from IPEA (i'm not sure ! is she a rebel too ? or a spy from ipea)
Kaworu from SEELE (well he got owned when seele send him in gendo's house huhuh)

We can see hjow the dialogue can be hard , they all are from different organisations , we can congratulate kaworu tough , he was may more efficient to dialogue with shinji than asuka was supposed to.(okay the 14 years didnt helped)

Malkuth
I'm talking non only the beginning but the whole film so i prefer warn people.
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 00:44   Link #922
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
The impact was launched but kaworu managed to stop it , and of course was killed
I dunno, the movie was pretty ambigious on that part. Technically the Impact did not stop when Kaworu died, it only stopped when Mari ejected Shinji from Unit 13. (Which, if I'm not mistaken, is currently the single most significant contribution to the story Mari has made yet... Or at least it seems to be the only time she has ever actually succeeded at anything.) But then there was that random shot of Kaworu just when she did that, so... maybe he had something to do with it? I dunno.

Quote:
If you love happy ending don't watch it.
Incidentally, at the moment I think this the single biggest problem I have with these movies right now. The way things are now, it seems to be working up to a similar end to the TV-series, if not an even bleaker one... in which case... what was the point in taking the story in such a drastically different direction anyway? It's basically looking like we'll end up with a story that begins the same way as NGE, had a completely different middle section, and then ends basically like End of Evangelion. Oh and also things are getting so bleak that if we do indeed get another "The world ends (srsly)" ending... Would it even have any weight to it? The world has basically already ended. Not to mention we've seen two similarly spectacular narrowly averted apocalypses already... If we get a third one, it runs the very real risk of just being boring. And while making the end of the world boring would in itself be quite an accomplishment, it's probably not the kind of thing one should actually aim for.
Old 2013-07-31, 06:20   Link #923
Lenneth4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I dunno, the movie was pretty ambigious on that part. Technically the Impact did not stop when Kaworu died, it only stopped when Mari ejected Shinji from Unit 13. (Which, if I'm not mistaken, is currently the single most significant contribution to the story Mari has made yet... Or at least it seems to be the only time she has ever actually succeeded at anything.) But then there was that random shot of Kaworu just when she did that, so... maybe he had something to do with it? I dunno.

Incidentally, at the moment I think this the single biggest problem I have with these movies right now. The way things are now, it seems to be working up to a similar end to the TV-series, if not an even bleaker one... in which case... what was the point in taking the story in such a drastically different direction anyway? It's basically looking like we'll end up with a story that begins the same way as NGE, had a completely different middle section, and then ends basically like End of Evangelion. Oh and also things are getting so bleak that if we do indeed get another "The world ends (srsly)" ending... Would it even have any weight to it? The world has basically already ended. Not to mention we've seen two similarly spectacular narrowly averted apocalypses already... If we get a third one, it runs the very real risk of just being boring. And while making the end of the world boring would in itself be quite an accomplishment, it's probably not the kind of thing one should actually aim for.
Yeah i see what you mean

Well , i believe somewhat 4.0 will be phenomenal
Old 2013-08-12, 13:49   Link #924
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mols View Post
]I was quite frustrated by the film. There were, for me, two huge problems that bothered me through out the film. First, like you said, no one bothers to explain anything, not to him or us but until much later into the film.
You understand that they DON'T KNOW IF IT'S REALLY SHINJI OR NOT, right? (I mean, when they wheel him out, it says "S. IKARI ??" on his foot.)

He might be an Angel, he might be... something else...
Old 2013-08-12, 13:55   Link #925
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I believe he is the real Shinji and you know they never explain anything in Evangelion.
Old 2013-08-15, 01:28   Link #926
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Can someone tell me why there are only covers of Sakura nageshi? I can't find the original anywhere.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 01:48   Link #927
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
You understand that they DON'T KNOW IF IT'S REALLY SHINJI OR NOT, right? (I mean, when they wheel him out, it says "S. IKARI ??" on his foot.)

He might be an Angel, he might be... something else...
We can definitely rule him out as Shinji Ikari. He could be Simon though.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 12:43   Link #928
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Can someone tell me why there are only covers of Sakura nageshi? I can't find the original anywhere.
Lots of Utada's material, including Sakura Nageshi, is on Amazon.com's MP3s.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 03:15   Link #929
Alchemist007
*Author

Just saw 2 and 3 back to back.

2 was relatively a good watch, with expected characters in different fights. The climax was quite a bang too.

3 was very, very bad. The setting is changed into some king of dull hellscape. The characters have turned into some weird Shinji hating assholes (I still can't believe that was supposed to be Katsuragi). Random timeskip, a chunk of time just for playing piano and being homoerotic, I didn't think I was watching an Eva movie. It's like they took the writers, directors, and producers of the first two movies, killed them, and replaced them with morons. If I could give this anything positive, it would be that Shinji's character reacted fairly decent considering what he was going through.

The preview for 4.0 was too short to be certain of anything. I just hope we get back to the proper Tokyo 3.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2013-08-16 at 03:30.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 03:31   Link #930
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Just saw 2 and 3 back to back.
...The characters have turned into some weird Shinji hating assholes (I still can't believe that was supposed to be Katsuragi). ...
Yep, one of the biggest problems with this movie. The writers decided to forget how humans interact with each other!
"Shouldn't they all fell guilty since they were all working together?" -"nope, let's make all of them angry against Shinji with no guilt of their own."
-"Let' s make them explain things to the kid, then" -"nope, no need, no need.".
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 03:48   Link #931
Alchemist007
*Author

I feel if something is well written, it can be explained as things happen, as they need to be told. Exposition here and there can be good. But they had Shinji sit down and play shougi with an old man to do it. And I preferred that to the wasting of time just playing piano. It's also pretty annoying how Angel 1 gets blown up and still manages to say "I'll be back" beforehand, hopefully Rei 2 is still alive then. I just really hope the 4th movie is much better.
Old 2013-08-16, 04:02   Link #932
mols

I agree with you on the point of explaining things to us, the viewers. This can be done in a number of ways (like shogi, etc) my problem was the lack of explanation to Shinji himself. It was too awkward not to explain anything and just show angry faces... And the fact that they were as guilty as him seems to have been forgotten by most of them.
Old 2013-08-16, 06:15   Link #933
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
We can definitely rule him out as Shinji Ikari. He could be Simon though.
Funny, considering how Shinji and Simon were at the outlet basically the same character, except with drastically different influences causing them to develop in polar opposite directions... and I did not see Shinji blowing up any alien fleets through sheer willpower or punching stuff so hard that they hit nothing at all and break a hole in it. Nor did I see him make any manly speeches about believing in yourself and piercing through the heavens... or having any faith in himself to begin with, for that matter. Oh, and I also noticed a distinct lack of succeeding at anything, which for me is another defining aspect of Simon's character.

So, uh, how exactly has Shinji turned into Simon in this movie, exactly? Far as I can see, any traces of Simon he may have picked up in the previous movie (which I also disagree with by the way... unless one were to specifically compare him to Simon as he was in episodes 9 and 10 of the show) were quite thoroughly torn out of him roughly around the same time he realized that absolutely nothing he did turned out right.
Old 2013-08-16, 08:04   Link #934
Lenneth4

People should watch the movie again
If there wasn't interaction between characters ,then the shogi scene is a dream?
The father of shinji was a mirage ?
Kaworu explaining him how he destroyed the world never happened,shinji was high ?
Also misato warned shinji about it before he ran away with mark-9
Asuka tried also to reason him

It's more failing to make him understand what he is doing than lack of interaction

come on guys
Old 2013-08-16, 08:09   Link #935
mols

Quote:
People should watch the movie again
If there wasn't interaction between characters ,then the shogi scene is a dream?
The father of shinji was a mirage ?
Kaworu explaining him how he destroyed the world never happened,shinji was high ?
Also misato warned shinji about it before he ran away with mark-9
Asuka tried also to reason him

It's more failing to make him understand what he is doing than lack of interaction

come on guys
Hmmm, not really. I was talking about Misato & co. Not the others which did explain things. I do not think what Misato or Asuka did can be considered useful explanations. They, at most, give half the information. And more than that just try to order him around.
Old 2013-08-19, 11:27   Link #936
dmaxzero

Asuka and Misato were just bossing him around and verbally abusing him. Is like they forgot they are dealing with Shingi Ikari. They just needed 15 minutes of a "human to human" explanation instead of just angry stares and verbal abuse to have him do what they wanted. The movie suffers from illogical progress for the sake of plot and little else.

The kabooms and bloody stuff were neat.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 12:51   Link #937
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
Is like they forgot they are dealing with Shingi Ikari.
Oh, they forgot a lot more than that.

Pirate Misato breaks my heart.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 13:10   Link #938
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
3 was very, very bad. The setting is changed into some king of dull hellscape. The characters have turned into some weird Shinji hating assholes (I still can't believe that was supposed to be Katsuragi). Random timeskip, a chunk of time just for playing piano and being homoerotic, I didn't think I was watching an Eva movie. It's like they took the writers, directors, and producers of the first two movies, killed them, and replaced them with morons. If I could give this anything positive, it would be that Shinji's character reacted fairly decent considering what he was going through.
This was my reaction as well. I wouldn't mind the "dull hellscape" if they actually did something with it. Instead, they took almost everything that we know NGE for, replaced it with random flying spaceship thingies and a useless new cast of bridge bunnies who won't be getting any more screentime unless they decide to dedicate 4.0 to them entirely, and tried to make up for it with a pitiful excuse for mindrape after Shinji has his Oedipus moment.

The only things they did right IMO were the launch sequence in the beginning (because space tech is cool), Rei's new plugsuit, and the part where Shinji is re-introduced to NERV. All that TTGL-esque "Wille" BS and every new character they introduced with the possible exception of Touji's sister can go straight to hell. Even Mari is superfluous; all she accomplishes is to take away screentime for Asuka's character development.

Quote:
The preview for 4.0 was too short to be certain of anything. I just hope we get back to the proper Tokyo 3.
1.0 was good. 2.0 was good but leading in a somewhat worrying direction. 3.0 was a confirmation of those worries. It'll take a miracle for 4.0 to negate the fail, let alone be good.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 16:29   Link #939
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
Asuka and Misato were just bossing him around and verbally abusing him. Is like they forgot they are dealing with Shingi Ikari. They just needed 15 minutes of a "human to human" explanation instead of just angry stares and verbal abuse to have him do what they wanted.
Misato basically became Gendo at that point. I mean the words "pirate Misato" make me imagine something else entirely.
Old 2013-08-20, 07:08   Link #940
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
1.0 was good. 2.0 was good but leading in a somewhat worrying direction. 3.0 was a confirmation of those worries. It'll take a miracle for 4.0 to negate the fail, let alone be good.
I agree with the above except for "leading in a somewhat worrying direction" for 2.0. IMO the ending in 2.0 could've led to something special if only the writers have a clear concept of what they are doing or want to do. Instead, they retconned some things in 2.0's ending and we get asshole-Misato & pain-in-the-ass Asuka among others who have become followers of Let's-Hate-Shinji Religion just to stress that Shinji really has no one to turn to but Kaworu this time. In other words, this whole 3.0 movie is basically Kaworu episode (back in the old series) cranked up to eleven.

Tags
evangelion, remake