Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-15, 11:16   Link #3781
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I mean Kurumi, of course Rinne wasn't even a canon character. In fact, the author is probably making a reserve just for Kurumi with intention for the near end of the series.

BTW, do you have any idea how creepy/freaky it is to be kissed by an another guy? I'm gonna scream insanely when I woke up from a nightmare like that.
Well the disappearing part made me wonder is all.

I definitely do. I try to avoid that one scene in Naruto whenever possible.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 11:33   Link #3782
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Uhhh... for those who say that Rinne isn't a canon character...
Spoiler for Confirmed?:
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 11:37   Link #3783
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Spoiler for Confirmed?:
It's completely impossible for this to have happened between volumes three and four. Volume three left off on a cliffhanger, and volume four picked up immediately where three left off. Then volume four was one straight shot.

The only place Rinne Utopia could have possibly fit in is between volumes four and five. Which would make complete sense since the anime ended with the end of volume four.
Old 2013-08-15, 11:39   Link #3784
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Spoiler for Confirmed?:
Uh... try fitting the visual novel into the main plot. It's like trying to fit One Piece Film: Z into the main plot of One Piece. Main plot events clash with in-game events. Just because the VN has a time frame (June 26 to July 2) doesn't make the thing canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It's completely impossible for this to have happened between volumes three and four. Volume three left off on a cliffhanger, and volume four picked up immediately where three left off. Then volume four was one straight shot.

The only place Rinne Utopia could have possibly fit in is between volumes four and five. Which would make complete sense since the anime ended with the end of volume four.
I maintain that the events clash. Namely, Origami getting punished is not in the VN. It's like she's still allowed to use Realizers while awaiting punishment that potentially meant getting kicked out of the AST. At least now I know why Mana wasn't in the game... it's because she's unconscious in a hospital bed during this time.

Then again, Rinne has the power to retcon anything... who am I to talk about event clashes when she's concerned. Except her own existence, that is. Since June 21 was a Wednesday, June 24 and 25 would be weekends, which means no school (unless there was half day school on Saturday). Volume 4 ended on June 22 evening, and since no mention of Rinne was made prior to the VN, it means the only way she could have interacted with the main cast as if nothing's happened is if she transferred on June 23-24, and by June 22 the school was still closed. Hard for it to occur.

But what makes the whole thing impossible (and hence the VN non-canon) was the fact that Shido didn't speak to Origami at all after the incident until midterms ended in July, yet there was a conversation between them when she sneaked into Shido's bed at the beginning of the game.

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-08-15 at 12:44.
Old 2013-08-15, 11:51   Link #3785
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Why are you aiming at me? I was just inquiring.

Please blame my colleagues. They treat Rinne as a canonical character.(I'm starting to, but not fully)

Part of the Discussion from My Backyard:
1: All the spirit follow a specific sephira in their numbers right? Rinne doesn't have any numbering in hers.
2: What?
1: There are only 10 Sephira, and 6 spirits have been named already, each with their spirit number in their name.
Me: Don't forget Da'at!
2: Is that even a sephira?
1: Wait. Hold on, lemme check the book. (checks book) Oh, look. Da'at is here. "The Part where all the sephira unite. Counted if Keter is omitted. Also called the tree of life."
2: Now I remember! Shidou sealed a few spirit powers, and Westcott mentioned about him, right? So Shidou could be Da'at? No that can't be right.
Me: I think Hidden plays a key role in this.
1: Huh?
Me: Look here. See that it's a bit blurred?
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 12:12   Link #3786
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:

Please blame my colleagues. They treat Rinne as a canonical character.(I'm starting to, but not fully)

1: All the spirit follow a specific sephira in their numbers right? Rinne doesn't have any numbering in hers.
1: There are only 10 Sephira, and 6 spirits have been named already, each with their spirit number in their name.
1: Wait. Hold on, lemme check the book. (checks book) Oh, look. Da'at is here. "The Part where all the sephira unite. Counted if Keter is omitted. Also called the tree of life."
2: Now I remember! Shidou sealed a few spirit powers, and Westcott mentioned about him, right? So Shidou could be Da'at? No that can't be right.
Those are your colleagues? Tell them to join this forum and tell us why they think Rinne is canon!

Old 2013-08-15, 13:57   Link #3787
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
I maintain that the events clash. Namely, Origami getting punished is not in the VN. It's like she's still allowed to use Realizers while awaiting punishment that potentially meant getting kicked out of the AST. At least now I know why Mana wasn't in the game... it's because she's unconscious in a hospital bed during this time.
The thing is, as far as the anime is concerned, Origami was just being confined at the time the game took place. (I doubt the game being released just as the anime ended was a coincidence, the game was most likely made to compliment the anime more than the novels) Then with the barrier surrounding the city the AST decided to keep her on the reserves, as Origami explained.

Quote:
Then again, Rinne has the power to retcon anything... who am I to talk about event clashes when she's concerned. Except her own existence, that is. Since June 21 was a Wednesday, June 24 and 25 would be weekends, which means no school (unless there was half day school on Saturday). Volume 4 ended on June 22 evening, and since no mention of Rinne was made prior to the VN, it means the only way she could have interacted with the main cast as if nothing's happened is if she transferred on June 23-24, and by June 22 the school was still closed. Hard for it to occur.
Again, I'd wager the game was made to compliment the anime more than the novels, and they didn't say much about when what happened in the anime. *shrug*

Quote:
But what makes the whole thing impossible (and hence the VN non-canon) was the fact that Shido didn't speak to Origami at all after the incident until midterms ended in July, yet there was a conversation between them when she sneaked into Shido's bed at the beginning of the game.
Except for one thing you overlooked. By the time Origami snuck into Shido's bed, the barrier, and Rinne's world, had already activated. Remember that Tohka's powers going berserk was when Rinne created the barrier; she created it and her world to save Shidou's life when Tohka's powers erupted, as Reine explained at the end of the game. So when Shidou was in bed recovering from the incident, they were already in Rinne's world, and Origami sneaking into Shidou's bed would have been "erased" as well when the barrier went down.
Old 2013-08-15, 14:01   Link #3788
Algester

Quote:

breaking down Rinne's kanji gives you 0 or "origin" hence her power similar that to a god (plus considering the kanji of God in her name already implies what she's capable of, but at the same time I thought that Shidou and co. someway somehow got themselves in the Matrix simulator) but also if you break down Shidou's kanji you get 11 if you think Malchut is the pathway to god/Keter then Shidou is the connecting bridge to the tree of life this is probably why he can absorb the power of the spirits, basically put by the end of all his ordeal he's inhumanely human plus the harem
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 14:57   Link #3789
Ragna92

Quote:
Well they finally made a Kurumi doujinshi. 18+, so I don't think I'm allowed to post the link in the thread , and the only version I can find of it so far is in Chinese.
About time. Was it hard to find?
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 15:21   Link #3790
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
About time. Was it hard to find?
Nope, it was just released at Comiket 84. You just need to know where to look.
Old 2013-08-15, 17:57   Link #3791
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Tell us the name and artist.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 19:58   Link #3792
81Z27

Quote:
EDIT: Date AST Like volume 3 summary here.
Ah nice, good to see some new characters.
81Z27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 20:00   Link #3793
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
The thing is, as far as the anime is concerned, Origami was just being confined at the time the game took place. (I doubt the game being released just as the anime ended was a coincidence, the game was most likely made to compliment the anime more than the novels) Then with the barrier surrounding the city the AST decided to keep her on the reserves, as Origami explained.

Again, I'd wager the game was made to compliment the anime more than the novels, and they didn't say much about when what happened in the anime. *shrug*

Except for one thing you overlooked. By the time Origami snuck into Shido's bed, the barrier, and Rinne's world, had already activated. Remember that Tohka's powers going berserk was when Rinne created the barrier; she created it and her world to save Shidou's life when Tohka's powers erupted, as Reine explained at the end of the game. So when Shidou was in bed recovering from the incident, they were already in Rinne's world, and Origami sneaking into Shidou's bed would have been "erased" as well when the barrier went down.
Fair enough. Still, as far as the novels are concerned... And the anime left out a bunch of stuff anyway so it's not the best thing to compare to when we want to determine the canonicity of a separate work (in this case, the VN).

In other words, everyone's memories got wiped? Because unless that happened, I'd say that he'd have counted the times inside the barrier too.

I still wonder why he didn't at least try to kiss Tohka then. It should have been the first thing that came to his mind. Yeah, lack of logic in that game. That too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
breaking down Rinne's kanji gives you 0 or "origin" hence her power similar that to a god (plus considering the kanji of God in her name already implies what she's capable of, but at the same time I thought that Shidou and co. someway somehow got themselves in the Matrix simulator) but also if you break down Shidou's kanji you get 11 if you think Malchut is the pathway to god/Keter then Shidou is the connecting bridge to the tree of life this is probably why he can absorb the power of the spirits, basically put by the end of all his ordeal he's inhumanely human plus the harem
And I still say that Rinne does not represent zero. When I searched the online kanji dictionary all I got were 零 (more likely, given how the other girls were named) and 無 (less likely). (FYI 園 means garden, not zero.)

How'd you get 11 from 士道 anyway. ._.

Quote:
I figured. Explains the sudden extra doujinshi recently.

Btw the new Kotori doujinshi is set at the end of volume 5 and the Kurumi one is set after volume 7. But you guys should've figured that out already, right?

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-08-15 at 20:11.
Old 2013-08-15, 21:19   Link #3794
Algester

Quote:
Fair enough. Still, as far as the novels are concerned... And the anime left out a bunch of stuff anyway so it's not the best thing to compare to when we want to determine the canonicity of a separate work (in this case, the VN).

In other words, everyone's memories got wiped? Because unless that happened, I'd say that he'd have counted the times inside the barrier too.

I still wonder why he didn't at least try to kiss Tohka then. It should have been the first thing that came to his mind. Yeah, lack of logic in that game. That too.

And I still say that Rinne does not represent zero. When I searched the online kanji dictionary all I got were 零 (more likely, given how the other girls were named) and 無 (less likely). (FYI 園 means garden, not zero.)

How'd you get 11 from 士道 anyway. ._.

I figured. Explains the sudden extra doujinshi recently.

Btw the new Kotori doujinshi is set at the end of volume 5 and the Kurumi one is set after volume 7. But you guys should've figured that out already, right?
you break down 士 if you know chinese numerals im sure you know how
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 21:35   Link #3795
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
you break down 士 if you know chinese numerals im sure you know how
Ok, that was really lame. I like.

I'm not sure the author would use it like that though.

Old 2013-08-15, 22:14   Link #3796
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Just search 'date a live' and find the recent one. Otherwise search 'C84'.

OK... So will there be an extra about Rinne Utopia?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 22:28   Link #3797
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:

Yep, after Rinne's barrier came down a bit after she disappeared, everybody's memories were wiped about her and everything that happened during the course of the game. (their memories were wiped with each world reset to though; Shidou only had small flashes of the previous times they went through the world, so he realy wouldn't have been able to keep track of how many times the world reset) Classic Reset Button plot. Whch is why I'm not sure whether or not to definitively say if the game is canon. I wouldn't be surprised if it is though, given how they manage to fit it in.

Actually, I believe he couldn't get close because Tohka's out-of-control powers were pushing him away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
[感電少女注意報 (真冬)] 少女狂騷恋歌 (artist and title)
Old 2013-08-16, 00:29   Link #3798
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
[感電少女注意報 (真冬)] 少女狂騷恋歌 (artist and title)
Is it kinda odd that even a Chinese/Taiwanese doujin artist could participate the C84 as well? Cause I heard comments stating that the artist is a Chinese. I could be mistaken, though.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 01:13   Link #3799
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Is it kinda odd that even a Chinese/Taiwanese doujin artist could participate the C84 as well? Cause I heard comments stating that the artist is a Chinese. I could be mistaken, though.
It's a Chinese translation of the doujinshi. A lot of mangas and doujinshis are first released on the Internet by Chinese uploaders, who naturally first translate it to their language.
Old 2013-08-16, 01:56   Link #3800
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Yep, after Rinne's barrier came down a bit after she disappeared, everybody's memories were wiped about her and everything that happened during the course of the game. (their memories were wiped with each world reset to though; Shidou only had small flashes of the previous times they went through the world, so he realy wouldn't have been able to keep track of how many times the world reset) Classic Reset Button plot. Whch is why I'm not sure whether or not to definitively say if the game is canon. I wouldn't be surprised if it is though, given how they manage to fit it in.

Actually, I believe he couldn't get close because Tohka's out-of-control powers were pushing him away.
I... see. And all of Ratatoskr's stored info got wiped too huh. They really want to make this as canon-looking as possible. Oh yeah when did Rinne first see them? Did she retcon their first meeting or something?

Still, not even thinking of kissing them to try and re-strengthen the seals...

I'll need to look at a summary of Origami's route before I continue with the argument of whether the game was canon or not.

Quote:
Not sure if it's allowed.

Quote:
It's a Chinese translation of the doujinshi. A lot of mangas and doujinshis are first released on the Internet by Chinese uploaders, who naturally first translate it to their language.
And yet they don't upload the original Japanese doujinshi as well...? The first 3-4 Yoshino doujinshi suffered this fate.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy