AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-23, 23:55   Link #41
mechdra

Eva being a teacher is totally out of my expectation.

I wonder who is Touta's ancestor since he is from Konoe bloodline. Konoka alone or Konosetsu? Did the two get married or they have their own husband? This will be interesting to find out.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 05:10   Link #42
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Shopping:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 07:24   Link #43
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Shopping:
Eva-nee-chan is hot. I feel jelly for Touta.
Old 2013-08-24, 08:23   Link #44
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Some people are probably expecting Setsuna to appear, given that this kid is apparently Konoe and uses swords. However, I personally prefer for Motoko, because:
1. Setsuna already had her happy ending.
2. Having Motoko appear and talking instead of just being cameos will finally give irrefutable proof that LH and MSN is the same verse, instead of the maybe/maybe not teases we keep getting.
Old 2013-08-24, 08:57   Link #45
AstroNerdBoy

Motoko's sister is proof enough that Negima and Love Hina are in the same 'verse, but I do agree that I'd love to see Motoko back over Setsuna. I loved Setsuna, but Motoko coming back for UQ Holder would rock.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 09:23   Link #46
dragon1412

i have yet to read this but no loli Eva is a huge blow to me and sorry but the MC seem ... dumb.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 09:29   Link #47
Nanahara Taiki
Nero

Well... Evangeline sure has changed a lot.

Also all these theorize just hyped me more to read it.
Nanahara Taiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 10:34   Link #48
alquimio_125

It seems that time has made everyone forget and forgive what Akamatsu did with the last chapters of Negima.
Sadly not the case with me.
And now I see everything that makes this man with suspicion and skepticism.
I will be conditioned by what he did in his previous work and I will not enjoy this series as it should. What is very sad because I have the feeling that this would be the kind of story I like and would love.
alquimio_125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 10:37   Link #49
mechdra

I can see a few Negima cast might appear. Chachamaru, Setsuna and Mana is the only ones that is not human. Who knows, maybe Rakan is still around since he can survice using willpower!

Talking about Mana, I wonder will we get to see that war that Mana is involved. Could that be a foreshadowing for this series.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 11:03   Link #50
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by alquimio_125 View Post
It seems that time has made everyone forget and forgive what Akamatsu did with the last chapters of Negima.
I will be conditioned by what he did in his previous work and I will not enjoy this series as it should. What is very sad because I have the feeling that this would be the kind of story I like and would love.
In my case at least, it isn't about forgetting. Was I really disappointed by the sudden end with lots of questions open? Yes, of course. But even then, I enjoyed the manga so much during all those years, I liked so much the characters and story and universe he delivered us, that still think the story was totally worth it, even with that end.

In that sense Negima didn't made me lose my hope in Akamatsu, and I was going to follow his next manga even if nothing at all related with Negima. Although of course both being related and have Eva was awesome.
Old 2013-08-24, 11:29   Link #51
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Considering that what happened to make Negima end the way it did had reasons beyond just Akamatsu deciding to suddenly end it - the manga copyright laws, publisher issues etc -, and considering that Negima was the only work where this kind of thing did happen, I think a bit more faith is in order.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 11:49   Link #52
ReddyRedWolf

Since this is years later I'm hoping for a Keitaro and Naru's kid, and Hitoshi and Saati's kid being the new MCs contemporaries.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 11:53   Link #53
Homura7

^People still believe that copyright crap? LOL
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 11:53   Link #54
dragon1412

Quote:
to be frank, i have a little skepticism towards this series, but as ppl said, negima gave a lot of circumstance so i will take it away for now, as it seem like this one is related to negima, i hope it draw a conclusion that negima can't, but oh well, that's just my own expectation.
Edit: the reason for negima ends is actually unclear, the copyright just have the highest chance among them, some of other being Ken go to college, the story goes too haywire, ... but for now the general consensus is the copyright.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 12:04   Link #55
Homura7

The real reason is because this is business. I heard his contract expired the day of the last release. And now he's having his new work serialized in the same magazine.

Personally, I didn't find anything wrong with the end. After the decisive battle with Fate followed by Cosmo Entelechia I knew the series would be ending soon. Sure we didn't get some questions answered, but that should not be excuse to suddenly hate the series or hold a grudge to the author, that would be stupid.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 12:16   Link #56
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
The real reason is because this is business. I heard his contract expired the day of the last release. And now he's having his new work serialized in the same magazine.
Sure, but Akamatsu could have renewed his contract. There is no way the magazine would be the one to axe his work when Negima sold extremely well.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 12:20   Link #57
Dargor
Welp

You'll find that the level of bitterness towards the ending is directly proportional to how much money people spent on the series. After spending cash on some thirty odd values, yeah, there will be some people who will be pissed off.

Anyway, I'm still on still on the fence on this one. The potential lack of a older Asuna will make me ever so slightly sad. Ah well, can't have everything.
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 12:31   Link #58
alquimio_125

Probably never know exactly the reasons for the end.
For here I read the theory that said that Akamatsu actually sick of working for the publisher and wanted to become his own boss as soon as possible, so he sent his manga to hell taking advantage of their contract expired already.
Well you see, even not this being the reason, for me any other reason will be NEVER justification to that end.
It will seem to you to be stupid or extremist. But that's how I feel about that ending rushed and the unanswered questions in the height of his success.
alquimio_125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 13:38   Link #59
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Personally, I didn't find anything wrong with the end. After the decisive battle with Fate followed by Cosmo Entelechia I knew the series would be ending soon.
Which would have been fine had he actually ended it that way (maybe with a tease for a sequel), instead of giving us a filler arc filled with character derailment follwed by an abrupt ending with a what-the-fuck "where they are now" epilogue.

Honestly? Adult Eva is nice, but I'm not waiting this with excitement, just one of those mangas you read to pass time. The days of waiting enthusiastically for Ken's work is long gone to me.
Old 2013-08-24, 15:11   Link #60
ellifeedn
Thinker

We've been over this in the Negima thread, we don't need to bring it up in this thread.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love