AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-09, 03:04   Link #161
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
So the strongest likely candidates are Bartolomeo and Chinjao's grandchildren Sai and Boo. I hope Luffy will be recruiting them.
Do you mean highly likely candidates to join the crew?

For Sai and Boo I think this chapter made it quite clear that they won't become Mugiwaras. Why should Luffy ask them to join? They don't have any specific skill/trait and Chinjao puts them under Luffy's wing anyways. They'll be allies in the NW, but I doubt they'll join the crew.

As for Bartolomeo, I think it's the same. But love could also turn into hate as, I think, Whitemoon already mentioned.
Though Bartolomeo would at least fit better into the crew, because his personality isn't comparable to one of the others and he's kind of unique, I don't see any of those three becoming a new member.
ri0 is offline  
Old 2013-09-09, 10:46   Link #162
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Best chapter in ages - Scope is finally getting larger. Luffy has fanboys.
I don't know if it is the "best chapter in ages" (I enjoyed the more chaotic portions of the arena fights), but there were quite a few interesting tidbits that helped to expand the world in meaningful ways.

That being said, I was not a fan of Barty's behaviour. I enjoyed the idea of the humour of the situation, but the execution came across as too forced for me (mostly due to the exaggerated nature of Barty's character design).
james0246 is offline  
Old 2013-09-09, 11:17   Link #163
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
You're right about those six months... As I said I painted the graphic from what I remembered and I could have sworn, it took Luffy six months.

Still, I highly doubt your theory because there is simply way too less time.

Even if Luffy got taken to Sabo one or two days after his birthday - it's up to you to decide the likelihood of this - that would only leave nine months for all the following to happen:
- Sabo, Luffy and Ace befriend and become brothers
- Sabo gets kidnapped
- Gray Terminal Incident with Sabo dying
- Sabo healing from his wounds (allrigt, with Iva's help)
- Sabo, a 10 year old (!!), getting a motive for and being able to defeat a Shichibukai level opponent and his crew.

Actually nine months only if we assume, that it took Luffy a whole year to reach Moria. It's far more likely that this happened faster and that he got taken to Dadan some time after his birthday, which would further shrink the time for all that to happen.


But I won't argue with you about that. The time-table would have been a set argument based on the manga, but I remembered the chapter you mentioned falsly. I still doubt your theory but at least it "could" be possible
Imo the authors generally have the freedom with the age and time. 7 years could also mean 6 years and 11 months, ... . I won't delve on this point too much though.

But i do question this, would you chew an author if 10 years wasn't exact and it was 10 years and 2 months? Would you say "WOW he is a troll author" because of that?

Also Sabo couldn't have been healed by Iva. Iva couldn't accompany/guard Dragon because of his big head. This was stated in both anime and manga when Iva was angry at Dragon for going alone ( at the same time he came back with the wounded person). So we can safely assume Iva at that time didn't possess his devil fruit powers. I really pay close attention to details when i come up with my theories . This theory is not something i came up with yesterday. I have been working on this for months.

As Sabo's motivation, simply we don't know. We can guess but those won't be reliable. Not enough information.

And yes indeed "could be possible". I don't think i have claimed that it must be this or that . I have repeated this many times for every one that this is a possible path Oda could take based on hints/signs.

P.S. what you mean the chapter i mentioned falsely ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
@Whitemoon648 - Again, I ask you what you think the likelihood of Sabo being Kaido is. You can put a number to it, and that number will determine the level of merit of your theory. The only thing that is keeping your theory from being completely destroyed is that we don't know Kaido's age. And it's just a matter of time until we're introduced to Kaido and Oda gives us his age in a databook (or perhaps even in the story itself). If he's older than 22, which looks to be very likely, then say goodbye to your theory.
Well this is one of my theories regarding who sabo is. If it isn't right at the end i am fine with it. All i am just saying is that my theory isn't based on flawed information. Every thing i have said to support my theory is either explicitly or implicitly implied in manga.

As for number, you can put a number on flipping a coin ( 50/50) or when you know for a fact X can be only 4 possibility ( 25 percent each). Putting a number on something like this would at best be arbitrarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Do you mean highly likely candidates to join the crew?

For Sai and Boo I think this chapter made it quite clear that they won't become Mugiwaras. Why should Luffy ask them to join? They don't have any specific skill/trait and Chinjao puts them under Luffy's wing anyways. They'll be allies in the NW, but I doubt they'll join the crew.

As for Bartolomeo, I think it's the same. But love could also turn into hate as, I think, Whitemoon already mentioned.
Though Bartolomeo would at least fit better into the crew, because his personality isn't comparable to one of the others and he's kind of unique, I don't see any of those three becoming a new member.
I personally think, this arc will end by Mugiwara's having gained many allies to go against a yonkou.

This will be more of a recruiting/gaining more power arc. Same as Ri0 I don't think Sai or Boo will become Mugiwaras but they could be allies against Kaido ( Like how Whitebeard had allies ).

I honestly think Bartolomeo will get mad at luffy because of something he might say. Maybe realizing that he wasn't destroyed by lighting because of his powers or something silly like this . I however do see him as an eventual ally or mugiwara but not before they have their drama .

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I don't know if it is the "best chapter in ages" (I enjoyed the more chaotic portions of the arena fights), but there were quite a few interesting tidbits that helped to expand the world in meaningful ways.

That being said, I was not a fan of Barty's behaviour. I enjoyed the idea of the humour of the situation, but the execution came across as too forced for me (mostly due to the exaggerated nature of Barty's character design).
I personally like the word unstable better . It was a good chapter, but imo not the best in ages either.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2013-09-09 at 16:22.
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2013-09-09, 18:58   Link #164
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
And yes indeed "could be possible". I don't think i have claimed that it must be this or that . I have repeated this many times for every one that this is a possible path Oda could take based on hints/signs.
I guess it could also be possible that Luffy does not succeed in his goal to be pirate king by the end of the manga. Nothing in the manga explicitly contradicts my theory.

Quote:
explicitly or implicitly implied in manga.
What does this even mean...
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline  
Old 2013-09-09, 21:06   Link #165
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Please cease with all conversations concerning what Oda can and cannot do. This is a avenue of discussion that can bear no fruit.
james0246 is offline  
Old 2013-09-09, 21:39   Link #166
JonSnow
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I hope next chapter's about Nami's situation. They should be able to pull their own weight. Even if Zoro shows up, he shouldn't help Nami's group. They should have been alert and more on their guard since they're close to enemy territory, instead of just kicking back like there's no danger.
__________________
JonSnow is offline  
Old 2013-09-10, 01:54   Link #167
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, I was not a fan of Barty's behaviour. I enjoyed the idea of the humour of the situation, but the execution came across as too forced for me (mostly due to the exaggerated nature of Barty's character design).

Really, I think that's what makes the whole thing even funnier! The idea that some loathsome-looking punk like him gets as giddy as a schoolgirl upon laying eyes on Luffy..... IMO, it's comedy gold!



Anyhoo, now that all of the silly arguing about Sabo being Kaidou has ceased (for now? ), we can also focus on the new thread!
marvelB is offline  
Old 2013-09-10, 05:19   Link #168
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Imo the authors generally have the freedom with the age and time. 7 years could also mean 6 years and 11 months, ... . I won't delve on this point too much though.

But i do question this, would you chew an author if 10 years wasn't exact and it was 10 years and 2 months? Would you say "WOW he is a troll author" because of that?

Also Sabo couldn't have been healed by Iva. Iva couldn't accompany/guard Dragon because of his big head. This was stated in both anime and manga when Iva was angry at Dragon for going alone ( at the same time he came back with the wounded person). So we can safely assume Iva at that time didn't possess his devil fruit powers. I really pay close attention to details when i come up with my theories . This theory is not something i came up with yesterday. I have been working on this for months.

And yes indeed "could be possible". I don't think i have claimed that it must be this or that . I have repeated this many times for every one that this is a possible path Oda could take based on hints/signs.

P.S. what you mean the chapter i mentioned falsely ?
No, of course I wouldn't because of 10 years and 2 or 4 months. But as I said before, I think the time frame is simply too short for a 10 year old, who recently beat up bears, to reach a level where he could slaughter a Shichibukai level opponent and his entire crew.

I started this discussion only cause I thought Luffy's hunt after Ace was nearly 7 months. Then the manga would make it quite clear. In my eyes, the room for your theory is still too short, but I understand why you defend it so much. And as I said earlier, I really like it

The "falsly" was reffering to my memory. I remembered the chapter, which you mentioned, falsly (six instead of three months) and that's why I started this argument in the first place.

Not really important for the discussion, but I wasn't able to follow you on that "Ivankov couldn't heal Sabo"-matter.
I also don't remember that Iva's head prevented him from guarding Dragon. On the other hand, I thought Iva accompanied Dragon when he found Sabo. Gonna read that again.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-09-10 at 06:28.
ri0 is offline  
Old 2013-09-10, 23:46   Link #169
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
No, of course I wouldn't because of 10 years and 2 or 4 months. But as I said before, I think the time frame is simply too short for a 10 year old, who recently beat up bears, to reach a level where he could slaughter a Shichibukai level opponent and his entire crew.

I started this discussion only cause I thought Luffy's hunt after Ace was nearly 7 months. Then the manga would make it quite clear. In my eyes, the room for your theory is still too short, but I understand why you defend it so much. And as I said earlier, I really like it

The "falsly" was reffering to my memory. I remembered the chapter, which you mentioned, falsly (six instead of three months) and that's why I started this argument in the first place.

Not really important for the discussion, but I wasn't able to follow you on that "Ivankov couldn't heal Sabo"-matter.
I also don't remember that Iva's head prevented him from guarding Dragon. On the other hand, I thought Iva accompanied Dragon when he found Sabo. Gonna read that again.
When drag came back with wounded person iva was mad as why he went without him
And drag responds by saying your (big) head would attract too much attention hinting he couldn't shrink his head thus no df power yet. Iva didn't have his df power sohe couldn't have healed him .
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2013-09-11, 01:35   Link #170
BPD Renegade
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: searching for place to lay anchor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
When drag came back with wounded person iva was mad as why he went without him
And drag responds by saying your (big) head would attract too much attention hinting he couldn't shrink his head thus no df power yet. Iva didn't have his df power sohe couldn't have healed him .
I'm pretty sure that was just banter.
BPD Renegade is offline  
Old 2013-09-11, 13:36   Link #171
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
I'm pretty sure that was just banter.
Yeah,that was most likely a joke...
noktown is offline  
Old 2013-09-11, 14:38   Link #172
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
When drag came back with wounded person iva was mad as why he went without him
And drag responds by saying your (big) head would attract too much attention hinting he couldn't shrink his head thus no df power yet. Iva didn't have his df power sohe couldn't have healed him .
This must have been a joke. Iva was with Dragon, when he met Sabo for the first time in town. If he didn't have his powers, he couldn't have accompanied him back then either.
I also didn't find this "big head"-comment in the manga.
ri0 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.