AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-11, 07:35   Link #101
danielevo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Ok i want to say what im thinking,

I know that discussion about Luffy Crew Power after two years will very long and will go nowhere, especially about the difference power between sanji and zoro,, but what i want to say is this :

If we looking back at Sabaody Archipelago when luffy crew re-assemble, we saw Sanji and Zoro fight each other before met Luffy, and do you know what happen ?
They look like exhausted after they fought, i know that they are not fighting seriously, but we know that they look exhausted.. I think Oda know that in future we will discussion about their power, so Oda give this fight to say undirectly that Sanji and Zoro power is not much difference.. So if Zoro have to fight doflamingo like Sanji did, maybe Zoro will have same situation like Sanji before..

Thats what im thinking
danielevo is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 08:17   Link #102
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
^ Are you sure? I only remember that they were exhausted from running around and searching for Luffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
Didn't Zoro also use so-called armament haki at Fish-man Island as-well?

Law seems to have changed since we first saw him.Some-thing probably happened to him during the two-years the straw-hats were seperated.It seemed he wanted to find One Piece more than any-thing and now he wants revenge and is prepared to die for it?
The first time Zoro used it, was against Monet.

How did you get the idea that OP was Law's top priority. Before the time-skip he even said that he doesn't want to rush things and that he will take his seat when the time is right.
ri0 is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 08:57   Link #103
Dark_Ritual
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Seriously you guys need to chill, Luffy gets owned fast against any big boss, but he later defeats them. Crocodile owned Luffy faster than Dofla did Sanji
Spoiler:


Zoro got owned by Mihawk, Kuma, Enel etc, in fact Enel owned Zoro so fast
Spoiler:
but that didn't mean Zoro was weak or not strong enough to be monster trio, means Enel power was too much for him and wasn't anything for Luffy , so Sanji being a close physical martial artist then Dofla and his strings wouldn't be an easy fight for him at all....

So for now anytime a Strawhat monster trio or not faces against the big bad boss then they will definitely lose on first try until they learn more about the enemy.
Dark_Ritual is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 09:39   Link #104
7runks
SSJ7
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: London UK
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ritual View Post
Zoro got owned by Mihawk, Kuma, Enel etc, in fact Enel owned Zoro so fast
I don't think anyone other than few selected haki users or a rubber man like luffy could have defeated Eneru, matter of fact luffy got lucky or more precise oda made that possible, is like hitting the lotery and luffy hit that day, with crocodile was the same, logia users like the ones oda put on luffy's journey were possible to be beatable by luffy, think about if enel were / had any other logia power ability then luffy would have died with all the others and one piece would be done for. A great power battle as always was luffy x lucy as lucy was a zoan type, so was more power x power and without his second melting rubber ability which made luffy faster which by fast = greater power concerning pressure in his punches towards an enemy because lucy as was a zoan had a greater power than luffy, luffy's rubber burning ability was the turning point which decided the whole thing.

Zoro on the other hand is luffy's level and Sanji is a bit below the both of them. As luffy is weak x sword, pierce and some other objects, oda created zoro for that purpose, my point is how luffy could have defeated das bones and how zoro could have defeated crocodile without haki, perhaps if he had a water sword? see, impossible match ups. Zoro or any other character had absolute zero chances against enelru, I think if i'm not mistaken the first haki ability we saw was the observation haki with enelru which prevented him to be hit by luffy on most attacks.

I think Sanji's role is preparing food for the development of the crew as a whole, that is his first priority, secondary is protecting ladies and fighting treacherous characters.

Sanji on my view will never be as strong as luffy and zoro, zoro on my view is the same as luffy but concerning cleverness, both of them are a lot dumber than Sanji, battle wise all 3 are the same.

Dofla's ability is like a spider web, you can't see and when you are caught then you are done for. Good thing is that now Sanji knows about it and will be more careful next time if there will be a next time which I think it will not be. Zoro or luffy would be great opponents for doflamingo.
7runks is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 10:04   Link #105
Dark_Ritual
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7runks View Post
I don't think anyone other than few selected haki users or a rubber man like luffy could have defeated Eneru, matter of fact luffy got lucky or more precise oda made that possible, is like hitting the lotery and luffy hit that day, with crocodile was the same, logia users like the ones oda put on luffy's journey were possible to be beatable by luffy, think about if enel were / had any other logia power ability then luffy would have died with all the others and one piece would be done for. A great power battle as always was luffy x lucy as lucy was a zoan type, so was more power x power and without his second melting rubber ability which made luffy faster which by fast = greater power concerning pressure in his punches towards an enemy because lucy as was a zoan had a greater power than luffy, luffy's rubber burning ability was the turning point which decided the whole thing.

Zoro on the other hand is luffy's level and Sanji is a bit below the both of them. As luffy is weak x sword, pierce and some other objects, oda created zoro for that purpose, my point is how luffy could have defeated das bones and how zoro could have defeated crocodile without haki, perhaps if he had a water sword? see, impossible match ups. Zoro or any other character had absolute zero chances against enelru, I think if i'm not mistaken the first haki ability we saw was the observation haki with enelru which prevented him to be hit by luffy on most attacks.

I think Sanji's role is preparing food for the development of the crew as a whole, that is his first priority, secondary is protecting ladies and fighting treacherous characters.

Sanji on my view will never be as strong as luffy and zoro, zoro on my view is the same as luffy but concerning cleverness, both of them are a lot dumber than Sanji, battle wise all 3 are the same.

Dofla's ability is like a spider web, you can't see and when you are caught then you are done for. Good thing is that now Sanji knows about it and will be more careful next time if there will be a next time which I think it will not be. Zoro or luffy would be great opponents for doflamingo.
That's the point of me talking about Enel, Luffy was great opponent against him thanks to his Devilfruit, great opponent for Dofla will be a swordsman or someone really good at haki both types but Sanji is known of that so if he fights Dofla again it will be tough and probably lose again to his Devilfruit...


See I could care less what you think of Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji strength, in the entirety of the manga so far Oda has been comparing Zoro and Sanji more than he has Luffy and Zoro.. In fact after Timeskip Oda made Zoro and Sanji the same height, both are same age they are rivalries, both took out a pacifista together, both survived Kuma attack and was ready to give their life etc so all this Zoro is closer to Luffy than Sanji is all fanbase made up shit.....

Don't try to convince me otherwise because I only follow what the author puts in manga not what fanboys want/see.. Before the Strawhats training, Oda made sure the readers understood that the Strawhats each put their dream in 2nd and put making Luffy the pirate king 1st and they al trained to get stronger to make Luffy pirate king before their own dream, so Zoro being swordsman and Sanji being cook doesn't change the fact both trained to be stronger and make Luffy pirate King and what happened in Sabody won't happen again.
Dark_Ritual is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 10:34   Link #106
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Doflamingo's strings and him controlling people like a puppet or stopping them in place could involve another persons strength or willpower. If that is so then those things may not work against Luffy.

Jozu may have been really strong but Luffy has shown he can surpass even that after 2 years. Consider Luffy's many strength feats in the past before you reject that.
And it's obvious that Luffy would have a stronger willpower than those who we've seen controlled by Doflamingo. Either way those strings work I highly doubt it will have much of an effect on Luffy.
Observation and Armament haki can do so much.

I see it like this. No matter what Doflamingo tries with his ability he's still going to get his little ass kicked, wouldn't you people agree?
I think at the end of the day, Luffy will defeat Doflamingo. The fight wouldn't be one sided and i think Oda will treat it as a boss fight ( with luffy also taking considerable amount of damage).

One thing i was thinking was even though Sanji has such a great observation Haki, how come he couldn't foresee what was coming at him.

Personal i think Zoro doesn't have a strong Observation Haki but in a fight he has that instinct/gut feeling thing which could even surpass Sanji's observation Haki ( arguable). He lacks a sense of direction but in a fight he is really keen to danger and knows what is coming at him. Maybe he just has a huge latent/potential observation haki.

Another Thing about Zoro is , would he be able to cut those strings? I know Doflamingo could probably Haki imbue those things but wouldn't Swords be a counter to threads ( Like how Rubber is weak against swords too) ? He can just cut them .

As for Luffy, i am really curious as how Oda is going to play conqueror's Haki part in new world. We saw Doflamingo get out of Aokiji's Ice. I will call it out now, i think that was conqueror's Haki. So Would Luffy be able to use Conqueror's Haki to get out of Doflamingo's fruit as well? I am really curious as how Oda sensei will approach this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ritual View Post
Seriously you guys need to chill, Luffy gets owned fast against any big boss, but he later defeats them. Crocodile owned Luffy faster than Dofla did Sanji
Spoiler:


Zoro got owned by Mihawk, Kuma, Enel etc, in fact Enel owned Zoro so fast
Spoiler:
but that didn't mean Zoro was weak or not strong enough to be monster trio, means Enel power was too much for him and wasn't anything for Luffy , so Sanji being a close physical martial artist then Dofla and his strings wouldn't be an easy fight for him at all....

So for now anytime a Strawhat monster trio or not faces against the big bad boss then they will definitely lose on first try until they learn more about the enemy.
A great thing about Oda sensei is that he doesn't always follow the same formula unlike other writers ( *Cough Kubo) . Yes there are similarities from time to time but he does deviates often.

And as i have said, past doesn't ( beyond the doubt) establish the future.

As for Enel, i think had luffy not been a Rubber man, he would have had the same fate as Zoro .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post


^This. It's unbelievable how some people here are not grasping this.


Sanji supposedly has a strong observation Haki. One could assume 2 things. His observation Haki wasn't strong enough to know what was coming at him ( i think a less likely scenario).

Two he knew what was coming at him and still couldn't do anything to stop it ( wasn't strong enough to do so). I think this is the more likely scenario.

But this is just my opinion.

To be honest Blackbeard, the only thing you have used in your argument is the past. And even that past wasn't as black and white as you make it to be. Sanji was indeed comparable to Zoro ( though weaker) before time skip. But imo Oda has been developing the story ( even before time skip) in a fashion that shows step by step the gap between Zoro and Sanji is increasing.
Also to be honest you are not even giving us specific examples. Using the phrase "monster trio" or saying "Sanji zoro comparable" is not providing ( at least imo not convincing) evidence.

After Strawhats defeated Moriah, Zoro still had much more power than Sanji when they were both standing. Against the Harpy lady, Zoro defeated her with just that haki ( could even be conqueror's haki version Zoro). I think in each fight, Oda has shown Zoro to be a notch better than Sanji. Now after the time skip, thus far Zoro has had no issue what so ever against any opponent. Sanji has had a harder time.

And yes i realize that the opponents Sanji has faced thus far been relatively ( probably) stronger. So let's just see how Zoro will fare against a more powerful opponent. Imo the signs that Zoro and Sanji's power gap is increasing are there.

Imo Oda might have been even reserved to show this more plainly yet because of the avid fanbase "monster trio" has. Even in this forum when Barto said he has seen Zoro as vice captain, there was an uproar with the "monster trio/Sanji" fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7runks View Post
I don't think anyone other than few selected haki users or a rubber man like luffy could have defeated Eneru, matter of fact luffy got lucky or more precise oda made that possible, is like hitting the lotery and luffy hit that day, with crocodile was the same, logia users like the ones oda put on luffy's journey were possible to be beatable by luffy, think about if enel were / had any other logia power ability then luffy would have died with all the others and one piece would be done for. A great power battle as always was luffy x lucy as lucy was a zoan type, so was more power x power and without his second melting rubber ability which made luffy faster which by fast = greater power concerning pressure in his punches towards an enemy because lucy as was a zoan had a greater power than luffy, luffy's rubber burning ability was the turning point which decided the whole thing.

Zoro on the other hand is luffy's level and Sanji is a bit below the both of them. As luffy is weak x sword, pierce and some other objects, oda created zoro for that purpose, my point is how luffy could have defeated das bones and how zoro could have defeated crocodile without haki, perhaps if he had a water sword? see, impossible match ups. Zoro or any other character had absolute zero chances against enelru, I think if i'm not mistaken the first haki ability we saw was the observation haki with enelru which prevented him to be hit by luffy on most attacks.

I think Sanji's role is preparing food for the development of the crew as a whole, that is his first priority, secondary is protecting ladies and fighting treacherous characters.

Sanji on my view will never be as strong as luffy and zoro, zoro on my view is the same as luffy but concerning cleverness, both of them are a lot dumber than Sanji, battle wise all 3 are the same.

Dofla's ability is like a spider web, you can't see and when you are caught then you are done for. Good thing is that now Sanji knows about it and will be more careful next time if there will be a next time which I think it will not be. Zoro or luffy would be great opponents for doflamingo.
You summed it up very well .

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2013-10-11 at 11:03.
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 11:05   Link #107
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ritual View Post
That's the point of me talking about Enel, Luffy was great opponent against him thanks to his Devilfruit, great opponent for Dofla will be a swordsman or someone really good at haki both types but Sanji is known of that so if he fights Dofla again it will be tough and probably lose again to his Devilfruit...


See I could care less what you think of Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji strength, in the entirety of the manga so far Oda has been comparing Zoro and Sanji more than he has Luffy and Zoro.. In fact after Timeskip Oda made Zoro and Sanji the same height, both are same age they are rivalries, both took out a pacifista together, both survived Kuma attack and was ready to give their life etc so all this Zoro is closer to Luffy than Sanji is all fanbase made up shit.....

Don't try to convince me otherwise because I only follow what the author puts in manga not what fanboys want/see.. Before the Strawhats training, Oda made sure the readers understood that the Strawhats each put their dream in 2nd and put making Luffy the pirate king 1st and they al trained to get stronger to make Luffy pirate king before their own dream, so Zoro being swordsman and Sanji being cook doesn't change the fact both trained to be stronger and make Luffy pirate King and what happened in Sabody won't happen again.
Misinterpretation
If you follow the authors manga then you should know that Zoro is the only Straw hat to make ultimate sacrifice for Luffy’s dream (Chapter 485 page 19). You can say Sanji would have done the same. But then why didn’t Oda allow both Sanji and Zoro to absorb Luffy’s pain and fatigue together? Why didn’t Oda allow Sanji to absorb the pain by himself? Zoro took all of Luffy’s pain, fatigue, and managed to save all the Straw Hats from Kuma, and regardless of what you say Sanji was not there to do it. Is Oda saying something by allowing Zoro to take the sacrifice? What about his leadership input over Usoppe when he tried to come back (Chapter 438 page 2)? This shows that Zoro is very conscious of the crew and its well being not in safety but has a unity. It show that Oda is giving Zoro more of a special role in the crew. Now you point the after the time skip about Oda putting them has equal after the timeskip. Has Zoro been defeated yet? I know Sanji has (Chapter 724). Has Zoro seen his limitations? I know Sanji has (Chapter 681 page 17 Sanji’s leg cracks). Why did Oda display Sanji’s leg cracking and his defeat at the hands of Daflamingo? Why is Oda leaving Zoro undefeated after the two year time skip? Right now the evidence is pointing that Zoro is up there with Luffy. In my opinion he is stronger.

Your Actions Speak differently
If you could care less about our opinions of Zoro (power level between Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji) and all the other made up shit, then why did you even respond to the posts by putting your opinion in? Obviously you care because you had to refute are opinion or let us know what you think.
grey_1960 is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 11:07   Link #108
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: My Sacred Dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
Creating a Wax shield is part of Mr.3's power,I suppose.How good the shield is depends on other things.
Magellan did get luffy with his poison.

Luffy did not beat-up Magellan.
Magellan did not fight in a pathetic or low class way.
Did you want him to not use his Devil fruit ability?
Magellan only got Luffy with his poison because Luffy was weakened by attacking him because he preferred to sacrifice his hands to save, Ace. Magellan couldn't touch Luffy with his own strength, he was no match for Luffy. Obviously if any fruit out there is hax it would Magellans. Then there's his red venom and his venom demon. He resorted to that BECAUSE Luffy was whooping his little ass.

Magellan is weak. Resorting to venom that fucks up everything in it's path just because you are getting your ass whooped is pathetic and low class. You who is not a fighter wouldn't understand that since you have no honor in fighting. Luffy does. Magellan doesn't. He's just a swamp ass tool used for guarding a prison in a dark hole under water called Impel down because he's not a fighter.

So what were you saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I think at the end of the day, Luffy will defeat Doflamingo. The fight wouldn't be one sided and i think Oda will treat it as a boss fight ( with luffy also taking considerable amount of damage).

One thing i was thinking was even though Sanji has such a great observation Haki, how come he couldn't foresee what was coming at him.
And I agree. Luffy will most definitely take some serious damage in the fight. But not taking any damage wouldn't be fun at all. This is going to be his first major fight in the New World so he needs to get a good taste of the power he's facing. Doflamingo is at the sort of level where Luffy will most definitely be pushed to his limits so this will be a fight where we finally get to see Luffy show off his new level of awesomeness.

Not sure if I got you wrong but, oh, yes Sanji did see that attack coming with his Observation Haki. The issue here is that his body couldn't react fast enough to avoid the attack. I'm sure he was also surprised since he didn't know how the hell the attack was going to do what he observed.

What I'm most interested in is seeing Zoro's progress. I'm sure he has become quite strong. I would say he's around Law's level. If Zoro has truly improved his focus like he has once said he should then I'd imagine that he has some amazing control over his observation haki.
__________________
You Peons Must Be Content With Being Weak. So Vexing...

Last edited by Shockingly; 2013-10-11 at 11:19.
Shockingly is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 11:21   Link #109
mrShady
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Magellan only got Luffy with his poison because Luffy was weakened by attacking him because he preferred to sacrifice his hands to save, Ace. Magellan couldn't touch Luffy with his own strength, he was no match for Luffy. Obviously if any fruit out there is hax it would Magellans. Then there's his red venom and his venom demon. He resorted to that BECAUSE Luffy was whooping his little ass.

Magellan is weak. Resorting to venom that fucks up everything in it's path just because you are getting your ass whooped is pathetic and low class. You who is not a fighter wouldn't understand that since you have no honor in fighting. Luffy does. Magellan doesn't. He's just a swamp ass tool used for guarding a prison in a dark hole under water called Impel down because he's not a fighter.

So what were you saying?
You're reading the wrong series then.
You might as well be pissed at Aokiji, Kizaru and Akainu as well since both of these lame logias didn't hold back at people below their level (only dishonorable fighters would do this right).

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-10-11 at 12:05. Reason: Let's not name call...
mrShady is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 11:36   Link #110
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Not sure if I got you wrong but, oh, yes Sanji did see that attack coming with his Observation Haki. The issue here is that his body couldn't react fast enough to avoid the attack. I'm sure he was also surprised since he didn't know how the hell the attack was going to do what he observed.

What I'm most interested in is seeing Zoro's progress. I'm sure he has become quite strong. I would say he's around Law's level. If Zoro has truly improved his focus like he has once said he should then I'd imagine that he has some amazing control over his observation haki.
I think we are on the same page . I personally like to mention most/every single possibility that comes to mind thus i included that possibility that he didn't see the binding coming.

The part about him noticing the binding attack or not imo based on the panel is arguable. Personally i am leaning toward him having noticed it but not been able to react fast enough ( so same as you ) but i think there is a chance he didn't notice too ( which means his observation haki wasn't strong enough). Luffy could have been able to see it coming but at the same time Oda likes to give the strawhats a handicap before the fights. So it will be interesting how everything will pan out.

As for Zoro i think he has an amazing amount of (maybe latent) Observation Haki. He had it even before time skip. It's just that he has zero sense of direction but when the time comes to fight he is really sharp. His instinct is probably stronger than most Observation Hakis.

Another thing about Zoro is that he can even cut a Logia with a sword shockwave. I mean when he hit that Harpy he didn't even use his sword but rather the shock wave from his sword slash. I think that's only reserved for advance fighters even in new world standard.

Zoro vs Law, it's hard to predict for me at the moment. But i don't think the gap between them is that much ( with either possibly being stronger than the other).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
You're reading the wrong series then.
You might as well be pissed at Aokiji, Kizaru and Akainu as well since both of these lame logias didn't hold back at people below their level (only dishonorable fighters would do this right).


Although i don't think Magellan was weak per se , he did get beaten up by luffy pretty bad. He had a very strong Devil fruit and he used it to fullest. I don't think it's unfair per se either. Luffy used/uses his devil fruit all the time too.

The result of the fight was that he had to take a shit for hours due to having to used his powers so much ( luffy pushed him to his limits) . And that Sacrifice by Luffy gave the escape in impel down the chance/opening to escapee from there since he wasn't there to stop them.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-10-11 at 12:07. Reason: Removed the off topic, but you were correct in your reasoning. :)
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 12:03   Link #111
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I've gone and removed and edited some posts since hurling personal insults is off topic. Also, let's get back to discussing the chapter and move the power level discussion to a more appropriate thread.
__________________
CrowKenobi is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 12:15   Link #112
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I've gone and removed and edited some posts since hurling personal insults is off topic. Also, let's get back to discussing the chapter and move the power level discussion to a more appropriate thread.
Sorry for the off-topic part . You are right.
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 12:41   Link #113
mrShady
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Although i don't think Magellan was weak per se , he did get beaten up by luffy pretty bad. He had a very strong Devil fruit and he used it to fullest. I don't think it's unfair per se either. Luffy used/uses his devil fruit all the time too.

The result of the fight was that he had to take a shit for hours due to having to used his powers so much ( luffy pushed him to his limits) . And that Sacrifice by Luffy gave the escape in impel down the chance/opening to escapee from there since he wasn't there to stop them.
I wasn't really commenting about his Luffy trashed Magellan point but rather the ridiculousness of him claiming Magellan to be a coward in the way he fought.

@ mod
Considering the tone of his post I wasn't really sure if that was how he honestly felt or was just exaggerating his opinion that's why I wasn't sure if it was him trolling or not. It wasn't even an insult and considering his earlier use of language at others I can't fathom where I went overboard.
mrShady is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 18:03   Link #114
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: My Sacred Dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
You're reading the wrong series then.
You might as well be pissed at Aokiji, Kizaru and Akainu as well since both of these lame logias didn't hold back at people below their level (only dishonorable fighters would do this right).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
I wasn't really commenting about his Luffy trashed Magellan point but rather the ridiculousness of him claiming Magellan to be a coward in the way he fought.

@ mod
Considering the tone of his post I wasn't really sure if that was how he honestly felt or was just exaggerating his opinion that's why I wasn't sure if it was him trolling or not. It wasn't even an insult and considering his earlier use of language at others I can't fathom where I went overboard.
I'm pretty sure I know more about fighting than you ever will since I live in it.

You obviously don't know what trolling is. Trolling is trickery in a disrespectful manner for the benefit of easing ones boredom. Ever see a troll face? Shit talk is plain out shit talk. Learn the difference between the two. And keep your personal anger feelings to yourself instead of coming up with pathetic excuses for the Mods. And NO, I wasn't trolling or talking shit, you just need to keep your ego and your business to yourself since you can't handle the heat. And life is hell and heaven. People talk shit and troll all the time. Get over it. And I'm a girl, don't just assume everyone is a fucking guy.
And Sorry for the off topic stuff, Mod. Anyways, I would think that when these threads reach 3-4 pages it pretty much becomes dead so I think letting things slide will be fine either way since without it the thread would just die until the next chapter is released.
__________________
You Peons Must Be Content With Being Weak. So Vexing...

Last edited by Shockingly; 2013-10-11 at 18:14.
Shockingly is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 19:07   Link #115
solidguy
I'm not a tumor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the dreams of beautiful women
Age: 24
You heard it here first life is heaven and hell...

I'm actually rooting for the sunny going off to Zou. I can't wait to see more of the heart pirates plus the story shifting away from Luffy for a little while. There could be problems with pacing but if done right this may very well turn out to be my favourite arc!
solidguy is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 19:59   Link #116
bonsobon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Considering Sanji's attacks did virtually no damage to him, was Doflamingo really praising his strength or was he just mocking him?
bonsobon is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 20:13   Link #117
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: My Sacred Dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
Considering Sanji's attacks did virtually no damage to him, was Doflamingo really praising his strength or was he just mocking him?
Well naturally a haki user can sense the strength of another living creature.
We all know Sanji is extremely strong. Obviously Doflamingo noticed this and the power of his first attack and gave him a small praise.

Naturally you'd expect an underling to be weak but Sanji is actually extremely strong. That's why Doflamingo recognized him as Black Leg Sanji of the Straw Hat Pirates because he was strong. Unfortunately for Sanji he wasn't strong enough.

So no, he wasn't mocking him.
__________________
You Peons Must Be Content With Being Weak. So Vexing...
Shockingly is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 21:50   Link #118
Dany Rangel
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
^ Are you sure? I only remember that they were exhausted from running around and searching for Luffy.



The first time Zoro used it, was against Monet.

How did you get the idea that OP was Law's top priority. Before the time-skip he even said that he doesn't want to rush things and that he will take his seat when the time is right.
I kind of remember he used some sort of barrier/shield(haki) at fish-man island.

Yeah,he said:"One Piece isn't going anywhere".
Dany Rangel is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 22:10   Link #119
Dany Rangel
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ritual View Post
Seriously you guys need to chill, Luffy gets owned fast against any big boss, but he later defeats them. Crocodile owned Luffy faster than Dofla did Sanji
Spoiler:


Zoro got owned by Mihawk, Kuma, Enel etc, in fact Enel owned Zoro so fast
Spoiler:
but that didn't mean Zoro was weak or not strong enough to be monster trio, means Enel power was too much for him and wasn't anything for Luffy , so Sanji being a close physical martial artist then Dofla and his strings wouldn't be an easy fight for him at all....

So for now anytime a Strawhat monster trio or not faces against the big bad boss then they will definitely lose on first try until they learn more about the enemy.
Luffy has only gotten owned by 3 big bosses which he later defeated;Crocodile,Rob Lucci,and Caesar.Please tell me if I forgot some-one.
Crocodile did not own Luffy faster than Doflamingo owned Sanji.
Kuma did not own Zoro.
Dany Rangel is offline  
Old 2013-10-11, 22:16   Link #120
JonSnow
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
At the end of the day, Sanji lost to Doflamingo because of his disadvantages with speed and strength. Sanji needed to kick like 10 times to keep himself in the air which will pretty much decrease his speed and Doflamingo can just move without much effort because of his strings.

It got me thinking, those feathery coat that he used to block Sanji's attack might be made of some special impact and damage resistant material, with haki added, it would be a perfect shield. Just a wild guess.I wonder how's Sanji feeling right now? Not being strong enough to protect his nakamas who ended up getting saved by Law. Perhaps he's realizing now that the power level they have right now is not enough to take on Kaido, who Joker's so afraid of.

Sanji needs to learn those Happou kenpo techniques. Those vibrating kicks were able to damage the fused funk brothers who were resistant to weapon attacks, infused with haki. Well That's if Sanji doesn't decide to eat the mera mera no mi for the sake of Luffy. That's like sacrificing his dreams in exchange for a power up.
__________________

Last edited by JonSnow; 2013-10-11 at 22:47.
JonSnow is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.