AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2013-10-13, 10:06   Link #1
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Social Group Moderated Message Alert

When I logged in today, I found in my notifications that I had an "Unapproved Group Messages" alert.

I am in fact a governor of a social group, "Exiled to the Couch." However, this group is not set to have moderated messages. (I double-checked this, just in case I'd accidentally done something stupid.)

When I clicked on the notification, it took me to a screen showing, "Your Groups with Moderated Messages," which in turn showed one group, "Exiled." So far so good. What I could not find, however is:

1) Any link on-screen or tool by which I could look at the allegedly moderated message that was presumably waiting for my approval.

2) Any notification of what had been moderated (if the notification referred not to "there's a message waiting for approval" but to "a moderator had to moderate you.")

So basically, I'm looking for some guidance as to what's going on and what, if anything, are my responsibilities as a social group governor in response to what happened.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:33   Link #2
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Just checked this, and noticed that a new member made a post in your group, which was wating for moderation on our end. I have now approved the post; please tell me if you continue to see the message.
Old 2013-10-13, 13:35   Link #3
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Thank you for the explanation! The notification has now vanished.
Old 2013-11-18, 16:49   Link #4
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

I've received another notification of this sort. Same thing?
Old 2013-11-18, 19:15   Link #5
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Yes, same situation.

You don't need us to approve the posts however: as the group's maintainer you have the ability to approve moderated posts in your group. You just need to look for the post marked "This Message is Moderated". Only you and the original poster can see such posts. If you can't find it, check each page of the discussion, starting with the most recent, and use the selection menu to check "Unapproved Posts" for you. See attached screen shots. The notification will tell you in which group the moderated post resides. Unfortunately there isn't an easier way to find such posts as yet.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2013-11-19-AnimeSuki-Moderation-1.png (11.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png 2013-11-19-AnimeSuki-Moderation-2.png (6.5 KB, 4 views)
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 19:21   Link #6
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Yes, same situation.

You don't need us to approve the posts however: as the group's maintainer you have the ability to approve moderated posts in your group. You just need to look for the post marked "This Message is Moderated". Only you and the original poster can see such posts. If you can't find it, check each page of the discussion, starting with the most recent, and use the selection menu to check "Unapproved Posts" for you. See attached screen shots. The notification will tell you in which group the moderated post resides. Unfortunately there isn't an easier way to find such posts as yet.
Ah, thank you! I was able to hunt through and find the message in question quickly enough. (New skill learned; not bad for a Monday. )