AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-13, 01:31   Link #881
Fwarlord

That make me wonder how could Lelei's mother world exist for so long and those guys in the emire be arrogant enough to immediately land an attack to a completely unknown world? It's hard for me to believe earth is the most dangerous world they ever entered...
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 03:27   Link #882
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Welp, that was an unexpected reference .
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 03:44   Link #883
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
That make me wonder how could Lelei's mother world exist for so long and those guys in the emire be arrogant enough to immediately land an attack to a completely unknown world? It's hard for me to believe earth is the most dangerous world they ever entered...
Pretty sure the last time the gate opened was before the Empire even existed.
It may have been when humans first came to that world, and it may have been connected to our Roman Empire times.

(humans, elves, dwarves, etc are not native to that world)

also,
Spoiler:

When I meant opening holes is dangerous, I mean, mortals screwing around.
It's one thing for Gods to do it, it's another for puny mortals to do it.
Old 2013-11-15, 13:15   Link #884
ZeKeR
Superbad

... please do tell me Sugawara is with Itami's bunch and can probably brofist pedobear for winning the affections of the loli XD

also, I wonder how would the nobles react to seeing what a battery of 155's could do. if they could be wide eyed at the small arms and mortars, I can imagine their terror on seeing what the cobras could do as well as the rape factor of the MBT's.

and I dont think the tanks' in the gate are gonna load sabots since I dun think a tank sabot could harm a thick castle wall IMO but they ARE gonna have HE all around (I dunno what HEAT rounds could be do good to ground targets IMO.
Old 2013-11-15, 13:43   Link #885
Breimoon

well , they could be useful in taking down dragons instead since their scales are hard.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 23:31   Link #886
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
... please do tell me Sugawara is with Itami's bunch and can probably brofist pedobear for winning the affections of the loli XD

also, I wonder how would the nobles react to seeing what a battery of 155's could do. if they could be wide eyed at the small arms and mortars, I can imagine their terror on seeing what the cobras could do as well as the rape factor of the MBT's.

and I dont think the tanks' in the gate are gonna load sabots since I dun think a tank sabot could harm a thick castle wall IMO but they ARE gonna have HE all around (I dunno what HEAT rounds could be do good to ground targets IMO.
And if the noble's saw an F-4 dropping a 1,000 pound general purpose bomb they'd really want no part of that.

As for castles, in WWII modern artillery and tank rounds had a reduced effect against the walls of European castles. A good curtain wall could hold up at least for awhile. However automatic weapons would keep the embrasures and arrow slits clear of enemies, and attacking troops should be able to gain the ramparts with minimal casualties.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 00:21   Link #887
havensgate
skull one

have anyone ever mention/explain to empire that our tech level is 15 century ahead of them?
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 00:33   Link #888
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
the gate ALWAYS open to a world that is a higher civilization/MP/powerful world than the existent one. the empire KNEW that. since they came from the gate, too. to forestall the invasion, they did send recon scouts to kidnapped some hostages from Shinjuku, and comes to the wrong conclusion that the opposite site (Japan) are weak. so Augusta try to strike first, their original plan was if the new civilization on the other side is stronger, they will sue for peace, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Pretty sure the last time the gate opened was before the Empire even existed.
no, there are hints in book 1, 250 years ago the empire drove back the invading horse riding nomads after heavy losses.

Quote:
It may have been when humans first came to that world, and it may have been connected to our Roman Empire times.

(humans, elves, dwarves, etc are not native to that world)
there are proofs that multiple human civilizations were visited, Loli at 960+ is older than the empire, Loli is human, and Lelei is human, yet she does not consider herself empire. the empire, most likely from our Rome, is able to conquer this world because of their Rome civilization/technology compare to all the other kingdoms on the continent.

Quote:
Spoiler:
when xxxxx open a hole, without doing anything to it, the hole will AUTOMATICALLY shut itself after a short period of time, (when the two worlds separate) so you have infusion of outer culture without totally annihilate the original natives, what you see at chapter one as the outer frame of the GATE is actually the empire magician's doing, to force the hole not to close, thus creating the problem of instability, etc.

Quote:
When I meant opening holes is dangerous, I mean, mortals screwing around.
It's one thing for Gods to do it, it's another for puny mortals to do it.
book 4 explaining how gate works and book 5 of facing the consequences.
Old 2013-11-16, 08:37   Link #889
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
And if the noble's saw an F-4 dropping a 1,000 pound general purpose bomb they'd really want no part of that.

As for castles, in WWII modern artillery and tank rounds had a reduced effect against the walls of European castles. A good curtain wall could hold up at least for awhile. However automatic weapons would keep the embrasures and arrow slits clear of enemies, and attacking troops should be able to gain the ramparts with minimal casualties.
and telling them it's just a simple "dumb" bomb and there's another that knows what its gonna hit.

since the shock and awe tactic in the capital had para'd into the city as vanguards for the main unit, it really does help with the pinning down of the enemy trying to use the slits in the walls and battlements (btw is it really possible to parachute into a castle tower without the chute snagging and stuff?) tho.

and for Itami's team, isn't there anyone lugging around a shotgun? let the nobles shoot that and probably see them mock the "tube that fires a massive spray of metal balls" until someone shows them the danger it poses even to melee units.
Old 2013-11-16, 17:20   Link #890
Dark Wing

I had this theory long ago that the world on the other side of the gate may have been a migration point but people kept shooting it down...
Old 2013-11-17, 01:20   Link #891
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I had this theory long ago that the world on the other side of the gate may have been a migration point but people kept shooting it down...
prolly its on the assumption of people on warcraft setting will have a hard tiem to live PLUS there are some things that are trying to kill you, demigods trying to offer you into sacrifice and such... you know, the usual stuff XD
Old 2013-11-18, 01:01   Link #892
dragonsense

horray at last after long hiastus someone take the project to translate gate light novel.. there's an update for chapter1 in baka tsuki but looks like the translator had no intention to continue translate the novel beyond it so sad

Last edited by dragonsense; 2013-11-18 at 01:33.
dragonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 05:49   Link #893
Go_Kin_Zhen

I translated '山海楼防衛戦' as Sankai Mansion Defensive War for tankoubon 3 chapter list.
Is this the right translation?
Go_Kin_Zhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 09:34   Link #894
Voceane

Don't you think that now the gate is close, Itami will become the avatar of and Leilei Hardy's. Hardy open the gate and create a new avatar and link the new world to her/his dominion.
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 13:48   Link #895
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Kin_Zhen View Post
I translated '山海楼防衛戦' as Sankai Mansion Defensive War for tankoubon 3 chapter list.
Is this the right translation?
that is correct, but a bit stiff word by word, some other possibilities including "Battle for Sankai Resort", "Defense of Sankairo", etc.
Old 2013-11-19, 00:40   Link #896
Go_Kin_Zhen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
that is correct, but a bit stiff word by word, some other possibilities including "Battle for Sankai Resort", "Defense of Sankairo", etc.
Thank you, I think 'Defense of Sankai Resort" is the best option.
Go_Kin_Zhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 02:11   Link #897
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
when xxxxx open a hole, without doing anything to it, the hole will AUTOMATICALLY shut itself after a short period of time, (when the two worlds separate) so you have infusion of outer culture without totally annihilate the original natives, what you see at chapter one as the outer frame of the GATE is actually the empire magician's doing, to force the hole not to close, thus creating the problem of instability, etc.
Well duh. Yes, I know that. I read the books myself.
It simply wasn't relevant to what I was saying, which is if the gate opened to a world that's TOO destructive in the past, like oh I dunno, Ridley Scott's Alien world, Hardy could do some damage control without just letting the shit hit the fan.
Old 2013-11-21, 05:14   Link #898
dragonsense

any news about chapter 31??
dragonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 10:10   Link #899
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsense View Post
any news about chapter 31??
November 30th. The manga is back to monthly schedule till further notice, so it's out on the 30th of each month.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 16:54   Link #900
Breimoon

new ch is out. Quite nice.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction