AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

Old 2013-11-09, 22:49   Link #1321
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
We're multiplying left and right. One of these days I hope to be a naked nudist.
People will probably misunderstand you.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 01:24   Link #1322
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

The look on Ryuko's face in the second one is marvelous. XD
Old 2013-11-12, 09:29   Link #1323
immblueversion

So, I heard Madman Entertainment suspended its stream of Kill la Kill in Australia because of the early leak of episode 6.

This may have been brought up in this thread or somewhere else, but I'm too lazy to check.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 09:51   Link #1324
Gravitas Free Zone

I hadn't seen it in this thread, but I had heard of Madman's servers leaking episodes like a colander before...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 06:00   Link #1325
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

WHAAAAAAAAT there's no WAAAAAAY my MAAAAAATUUUUUUIIIIII can get a SUUUUUBFOOOORUUUUUUMUUUUU!!!

Ham for emphasis.
Old 2013-11-13, 08:54   Link #1326
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
So, I heard Madman Entertainment suspended its stream of Kill la Kill in Australia because of the early leak of episode 6.
Ex-fansubber and AS member Quarkboy, Sam Pinarsky, has some pungent comments about Madman's lack of security in the comments attached to that ANN piece.

Of course, Madman cannot touch Sony when it comes to incompetence in network security. We had to get new credit cards after the entire PSN accounts database was stolen from its servers.

It appears that the "theft" of the upcoming Kill la Kill episode required only that someone guess the URL that pointed to that file. No clever hacking was necessary. The fact that it was on the servers in advance of release is idiotic.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 06:51   Link #1327
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post

This may have been brought up in this thread or somewhere else, but I'm too lazy to check.
Crunchyroll got the rights to steam Kill la Kill to Australia and New Zealand earlier today, I am not worried. Though IMO we should've gotten it through Crunchyroll in the first place, Madman's video player is absolutely atrocious.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 09:18   Link #1328
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Crunchyroll got the rights to steam Kill la Kill to Australia and New Zealand earlier today, I am not worried. Though IMO we should've gotten it through Crunchyroll in the first place, Madman's video player is absolutely atrocious.
I have to agree with this assessment.

(That said, I get by with horriblesubs most of the time for everything though...)
Old 2013-11-16, 09:02   Link #1329
tuckersister

I think there is more to Isshin's murder than meets the eye.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 11:16   Link #1330
VirgilTheart
One Very Sexy Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I think there is more to Isshin's murder than meets the eye.
I think that much is probably a given. I have a feeling that if it were really as simple as Satsuki being evil and Isshin's killer, we'd know it already. While I doubt she actually did it, if she were to end up being the killer, I'd be rather confident in that there were other factors at play that relieve her of some of the guilt.
Old 2013-11-16, 12:17   Link #1331
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I think the odds of Satsuki being the murderer are less than a million to one. She knows something about what happened, but she isn't the perpetrator. Maybe it was her butler.

As others have suggested, I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually joins forces with Ryuuko somewhere down the road.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 12:23   Link #1332
VirgilTheart
One Very Sexy Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I think the odds of Satsuki being the murderer are less than a million to one. She knows something about what happened, but she isn't the perpetrator. Maybe it was her butler.

As others have suggested, I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually joins forces with Ryuuko somewhere down the road.
I'm guessing it was her mom or another Kiryuin relative. But yeah, Satsuki is almost definitely going to join forces with Ryuuko down the road.
Old 2013-11-16, 14:29   Link #1333
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Just had a crazy thought: forgive me if this has been mentioned already.

A lot of people have suggested that Mako is going to be killed off a la Kamina in TTGL. I think thats a great theory, but what if the reverse is true? What if Mako is actually the main character and Ryuko was bound to get the Kamina treatment.

I don't think this is likely to happen, but damn, wouldn't it be shocking if it did?
Old 2013-11-16, 16:32   Link #1334
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

People are claiming this is a hint towards Mako dying eventually:

The numbers backwards look like "Si, I die". "Si" being spanish for "yes".

Probably just major over-analysis, but we can't totally rule out the possibility just yet.
Old 2013-11-16, 17:29   Link #1335
Destined_Fate

I don't know if the show will be the same without Mako as Ryuko is already badass enough. So Mako helps temper her and open her eyes to things she normally wouldn't see.

And I don't really want to see a depressed Ryuko as Mako is like her only real friendas Sensei is more of an ally/mentor.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 22:23   Link #1336
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Doesn't Satsuki already have a chauffer? Wouldn't that make Gamagoori trying to get a license to drive her to school kind of moot? o_O
Old 2013-11-16, 22:28   Link #1337
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
People are claiming this is a hint towards Mako dying eventually:

The numbers backwards look like "Si, I die". "Si" being spanish for "yes".

Probably just major over-analysis, but we can't totally rule out the possibility just yet.
If it happens, it won't happen today - Kill la kill is far closer to Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt than TTGL, so dramatic deaths are only fit for the final moments.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 23:23   Link #1338
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
If it happens, it won't happen today - Kill la kill is far closer to Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt than TTGL, so dramatic deaths are only fit for the final moments.
I doubt that. It's normally much to serious for it to be totally like panty and stocking. Besides, it's not like gurren lagann didn't have silly episodes
Old 2013-11-17, 20:54   Link #1339
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
I doubt that. It's normally much to serious for it to be totally like panty and stocking. Besides, it's not like gurren lagann didn't have silly episodes
Like episode 6. Especially the uncut version. Sure, it was so unlawfully fanservice-y that it was edited into a clipshow for TV, but it was honestly better as a comedy and as a solid three-act episode on its own. And it actually gave meaning to the end when Yoko's bikini flew off.

To elaborate for those who haven't seen it, part of the second half of episode 6 was about Kamina trying to see the girls naked, but gets thwarted at every chance. It's shameless, but it's also very funny, especially how up-front and serious Kamina was when justifying himself: "There are just some things a guy has to see!"

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 03:15   Link #1340
whitecloud

just realize this....no wonder i have the feeling to have seen the ED somewhere...its seems other realize it too, its just for the life of me i dont know what the name of the film....?anybody know?

Tags
action, aniplex, comedy, fanservice, high school, imaishi, trigger