Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-22, 15:05   Link #921
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Takiko is HOT! That's able to make me give this episode a pass grade, considering that they'll probably fit LN vol. 7 into 2 episodes anyway.
When I watched Iron Man, I thought red heads were overrated, but now I am enlightened.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 15:10   Link #922
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
I think it's Harutora. When we got the vision in the first arc it was Harutora who had it, not Natsume. Plus, his father linked the Ogre (Touji) to him to control and not Natsume. It's history repeating itself really.

I don't think it's 'typical chosen one' however. He's very strong yes, but he's not really that skilled thus far, and he's been shown to be something of a dork. He's definitely not typical in the Chosen One stakes.
If he was highly skilled at the start, I think it would have made it look to obvious. But I agree, I kind of feel like it's someone else, not Natsume.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 15:19   Link #923
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Takiko is HOT! That's able to make me give this episode a pass grade, considering that they'll probably fit LN vol. 7 into 2 episodes anyway.
Takiko got me sold
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 19:32   Link #924
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The infamous "Ryou" Saotome and Suzu sharing a name is probably also not a coincidence. It would explain why Suzu seems so interested in obtaining The Raven's Coat, and that she possibly sought Doman out because the Onmyo Agency was hiding it instead of rightfully giving it to the person they believe to be Yakou's reincarnation. Though if Suzu is really Ryou Saotome, then she likely doesn't look anything like she used to. There's no way she'd risk Jin recognizing her at the school while she was there. And then there's people constantly calling her Doman's Familiar...
Nah it's definitely Suzu. When Harutora mentioned "Ryou" Jin had pained reaction that suggested stuff like this happens all the time. He then corrected him, and I could certainly believe she do that given her flippant personality. It's not if anyone would know what her purpose was there if she was caught anyway. There is no indication that anyone knows she with Douman either.

Quote:
\Amami talking about retiring after bringing down the Two-Horn Syndicate sounded like a huge death flag, especially when Hirata is still beneath suspicion .
Kinda of felt that way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Wasn't asking who they were.

As for Kagami, WTF is the Agency thinking? If they deliberately chose Kagami for the job over other free Divine Generals, then it's no wonder the Syndicate manages to play them. I hope Amami dies.
Who says the other guys were free? And I doubt Kagami would do anything where other Exorcism Officers are watching anyway.

Quote:
It's 3 episodes actually, and Vol 7 is like around 450 pages... good luck with attempting 2 episodes of that without massive changes. The staff isn't going to cover everything even with the amount currently slotted, but it will be enough for the main points.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-01-23 at 14:21.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 01:50   Link #925
noctis_lucis

I only hope they'll make Harutora justice in next episodes
noctis_lucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 09:52   Link #926
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
She can't realy be meatshield as that rumor about her being reincarnation is... well rumor. If her parents wanted use her like that they could as well make it official cause (as you could see) her father have free acces to that jacket.

To be honest I still hope she is. It would be interesting if Harutora wasn't just another choosen one.
But those rumors are causing her to be targeted instead of people looking for others in that family as candidates. So she is still a meatshield.

This anime despite the good looking male characters is still targeting males so it's most likely Harutora as the Yakuo candidate. He just has to work at being number one like Naruto and Luffy.
Old 2014-01-23, 13:01   Link #927
Tenzen12

You still missing point, Only person ever targeted Natsume was Suzu, realy big shots would not decide their target bassed on rumors, but instead they would go for object that would allow them find who it is for sure. Which is exactly what happened.

So if someone tried put Natsume into such position, he failed, but there is no such person. Reason for these rumors are her skills alone.

Anyway I don't see any relation between target audience and choice of Yakuo candidate. It doesn't metter who of these two it is as long as Harutora remain being protagonist.

Btw: I too am inclined belive Harutora is incarnation due narative, but Natsume would be better in that position even in metter of genre.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 13:04   Link #928
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Wasn't there also this fanatic from the Twin-horned syndicate that kidnapped Natsume when she returned to Tokyo?
Old 2014-01-23, 14:06   Link #929
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But those rumors are causing her to be targeted instead of people looking for others in that family as candidates. So she is still a meatshield.

This anime despite the good looking male characters is still targeting males so it's most likely Harutora as the Yakuo candidate. He just has to work at being number one like Naruto and Luffy.
Like Tenzen said, it has nothing to do with the target audience nor is Harutora's situation anything like the later two. Also he orginally entered the school for Natsume's sake so as to keep the promise he made with her long ago. Getting stronger by becoming a state shaman just happened to be a part of that. This episode marked the first time he really took interest in sorcery itself.

Just to note, Twin Horn (and the magic community in general) does believe Natsume to be Yakou's reincarnation, so the Raven Coat is mostly useless to them. The only person who was after the coat was Suzu, Twin Horn only supported Douman in the attack because they owed him a favor (and going against him probably would have been bad for them at that time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Wasn't there also this fanatic from the Twin-horned syndicate that kidnapped Natsume when she returned to Tokyo?
Correct. The Principal was observing him prior to the incident. The anime kinda of skirted this (although hinted at in a flashback) but Douman had messed with the Magic Investigator's mind which is why he thought he was "Hishamaru" and his imitation ogre, "Kakugyouki" (also given to him by Douman).

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-01-23 at 19:04. Reason: remove what might have been an hint. ^^;
Old 2014-01-24, 06:08   Link #930
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

let's seee..... That Souma-girl is a new super-villain...

Suzu is disguising herself as a senpai.... but actually she's a Yakou's admirer and also a part of Twin Horn Syndicate
judging from Ohtome's reaction, maybe he got some trouble dealing with her in the past.. or maybe they got something 'romantic' around them

I don't like that Ogre-Eater man... why should he chosen as guard?? I prefer Kogure a lot (too bad he's independent)
and also... Ashiya Douman is alive!! Yes!! I like that old man... so badass and powerful

lastly, poor Amami-ojiisan... He's getting more death flag in this episode... I think he won't last another minute... He'll the first one to die when his assistant back-stabbing him after commencing the operation
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 20:12   Link #931
kagato3

New Douman is a trip.

About Ogre-Eater as a guard well the right hand man for Amami is the one that blew up the car on Douman so he likely is part of the twin horns nothing like sabotaging the guard on your targets. I'm also getting bad vibes from Amami especially his claim that all adults are deceitful. He might not be raising a raising a bunch of death flags, but villain flags.

Looking back I think Douman was going to visit Ohtome and Amami was the person already there
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 21:27   Link #932
Iron Maw
Banned

I rather doubt Amami is part of Twin Horn, he wouldn't be leading a mop up operation against his own organization. But hey anything is possible..

Speaking of Kagami...

Images
huh
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Anyone catch that? if you think about it, his 'X' scar looks like a bigger version of one Suzuka had.
Old 2014-01-25, 22:06   Link #933
Kyuusaisha

They did talk about his "seal" in an earlier episode. Something about no point in removing his "fangs". Amami was talking about it with Ohtomo.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 19:23   Link #934
Preciize
Them Feels~

Interesting. So Ryou Saotome and Suzu Saotome are the same person. Then there's that guy with the red glasses who seems to know who Harutora is, and maybe his past as well? So many things going on, this series certainly doesn't disappoint. Just keeps getting better and better.

Anyways, new OP wasn't bad, but I prefer the old one. Same with the ED.
Old 2014-01-28, 11:04   Link #935
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 16:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2014-01-29 at 09:25.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 13:51   Link #936
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I have been wondering. Is it common for someone with massive amount of spiritual energy to not have the very basic requirement to become an onmyouji, spirit vision, like Harutora?

It's just weird...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 13:57   Link #937
Avaricia
My Lord

Too much twists
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 14:01   Link #938
Raxnom
気疲れ

The fun part is still ahead
Old 2014-01-28, 14:25   Link #939
Death Usagi
Banned

So much twists and...

traitors... traitors everywhere...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 14:37   Link #940
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 16

@MisoFan, Amami isn't Kyouko's father, just a family friend.

Hmm... no ED this week huh? I guess the staff is trying pretty hard fit in as much as possible without effecting the pacing.

Anyhow, plottwist!

Well played Amami.

So it turns out that Takiko really isn't a new character at all. In fact she's been here from the very beginning! One hell of a couple familiars she's got her though. And going by what Takiko said it seems Twin Horn and the Academy roots aren't all that different afterall save for Yakou's deification. In the end their all following Yakou's will, Twin Horn just inherited the other one.

I wasn't expecting Harutora and Kagami to have any sort of dialogue, at least a pleasant one, they certainly seem to share a common interest. Nice to see that Kagami actually doing his job. His familiar on the otherhand....

And in another twist, that instructor from ep 15 turns out to be another disciple...

Quote:
I have been wondering. Is it common for someone with massive amount of spiritual energy to not have the very basic requirement to become an onmyouji, spirit vision, like Harutora?

It's just weird...
If you go by what Kagami said it's not really normal at all. If person can't use spirit sight then typical s/he probably doesn't have much spiritual power to begin with.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-01-28 at 16:26.

Tags
action, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen, supernatural anime