AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-29, 11:14   Link #41
Nayim

They learn from Tsukihime remake where some characters got new costume design like Arc & Ciel for example.

Huh, I found irony...
Old 2014-01-29, 11:26   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What do you guys think about Shirou, Rin and Saber getting new casual outfits? Shirou and Saber will probably end up looking better, but is it really possible to improve Rin? The red sweater + short skirt + stockings combination was godly. If they remove her zettai ryouiki, we riot.
Actually, while I agree with your point that Rin’s usual getup is already iconic and looks boss, some variations for her casual clothing won’t hurt. Unless she really like that sweater and has a hundred of 'em in her wardrobe to wear for the entire series .
Old 2014-01-29, 11:26   Link #43
GDB

I think it's more like they realized the story takes place over the course of 2-3 weeks, and as such the characters probably need more than one pair of clothes.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 13:15   Link #44
ukulelembo
Detective

Direct source for everything:

Now we need just translation.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 13:54   Link #45
Nayim

From Beast Lair's info so far:

Quote:
Miura: The content of Fate/Stay Night should be assembled to follow the vector introduced by Fate/Zero, we are following that logic. If we succeed things should become interesting. There is one more thing, from the time I received the post of director I decided one thing. That is to draw precisely the character who is Emiya Shirou. Shirou who is incomplete as a magician and doesn't possess any worthwile talent in the first stage of the story, adding to that Saber who is tied to an incomplete summoning, who doesn't receive enough mana and who can't fight at full strength. Despite this while claiming to Saber "Women shouldn't fights", he still throw himself in the frontine. Drawing him like this could make him a very annoying character with one wrong move. But playing the original game I realized he wasn't just an idiot who wanted to become a hero, but someone who's heart is warped somewhere. Why did he become this way, by understanding and despiting this I'm sure he could become a very attractive protagonist.
Old 2014-01-29, 14:01   Link #46
GDB

If "Women shouldn't fight" is a centerpiece of what the anime will be, then I fear it's yet another freaking Fate route.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 15:01   Link #47
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If "Women shouldn't fight" is a centerpiece of what the anime will be, then I fear it's yet another freaking Fate route.
thats not claimed as a centerpiece. It's just describing how Shiro is in all the routes.
Old 2014-01-29, 15:54   Link #48
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
I think the only way it'd work is if the core is the HF route, with a few major changes/additions:

Spoiler for Visual Novel:
Well, whilst I think they'd have to include a significant part of HF to cover everything, I don't think you could resolve Saber's story without significant changes.

Spoiler for HF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Because HF's plot threads would probably be most important in it, and ufotable would actually get the feeling and tone of fate/stay night down more properly, they'd do justice to the characters, it wouldn't be a low budget piece of crap, etc.

I can go on and on really.
Well, sure, but, fundamentally, it would just be a remake of the Deen anime, only hopefully better-executed. Deen tried to include as much of HF as they could fit, they just tacked it on in one arc and then ignored it in order that they could return to the standard Fate plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterum View Post
So it really isn't an adaptation for HF, oh well.

I guess it make sense to focus on Saber, and they didn't gave us any satisfying battle between her and Gil, so NOT to give us one in their FSN adaptation would be weird won't it?
I don't think that necessarily follows. The picture is just a picture of all the servants, even Shirou is absent (well, in his normal form, anyway...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
You'd think the Sakura haters would be wanting an HF adapation most of all so we could watch how much Sakura's life horrifically sucks and see her suffer.
No, I'd imagine Sakura haters would want something like MoS,
Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-29, 16:02   Link #49
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
From Beast Lair's info so far:

Quote:
Despite this while claiming to Saber "Women shouldn't fights", he still throw himself in the frontine. Drawing him like this could make him a very annoying character with one wrong move. But playing the original game I realized he wasn't just an idiot who wanted to become a hero, but someone who's heart is warped somewhere. Why did he become this way, by understanding and despiting this I'm sure he could become a very attractive protagonist.
The director understand Emiya Shirou as a character? Praise teh lord!
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 16:05   Link #50
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

"Women shouldn't fights" is not his most likeable trace of personality. And I agree with that sentence: “Drawing him like this could make him a very annoying character” because it does. And yes, I did play the game. Why he has to be the protagonist? I think Saber could fill that role better than he does and not just because she can actually fight.

In any case, if they are going with mister I-Am-A-Hero-Of-Justice there I think they need to change the focus of the game. Because potential there is but the actual way they use it is another thing. And he still remains as my least favorite part of this franchise. Hey I didn’t like UBW because it has to do so much with him and Archer.
Old 2014-01-29, 18:26   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

To me, it sounds like another Fate adaptation. The aspect of Shirou's character the director seems to be focusing so strongly on is mostly present in that route. He also mentions Saber being gimped by her incomplete summoning, which I don't recall being such a big problem in other routes.

I think they're going to do Fate andinclude elements from UBW and HF. So basically what DEEN tried to do and failed hard at.
Old 2014-01-29, 19:02   Link #52
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
To me, it sounds like another Fate adaptation. The aspect of Shirou's character the director seems to be focusing so strongly on is mostly present in that route. He also mentions Saber being gimped by her incomplete summoning, which I don't recall being such a big problem in other routes.

I think they're going to do Fate and include elements from UBW and HF. So basically what DEEN tried to do and failed hard at.
If you're talking about Shirou's personality then UBW and HF really go into it a lot more than Fate. Those two really go into his reasons, the consequences, and testing just what is more important to him.

Hell no on a combination. The 3 routes are too different from each other (more so with Heaven's Feel than the others) to properly combine all 3. It will only end up the same as the Deen anime.
Old 2014-01-29, 19:39   Link #53
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Hell no on a combination. The 3 routes are too different from each other (more so with Heaven's Feel than the others) to properly combine all 3. It will only end up the same as the Deen anime.
No they're not. What Saber learns in UBW is exactly the same as Fate, only without the romance and sex.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 22:49   Link #54
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
^ I would contest that statement.

Spoiler for just in case:
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 23:24   Link #55
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

To comment on the director's take on Shirou, one of the reasons DEEN failed so hard with their presentation on him and why a lot of people dislike him is because they overplayed his main character role while failing to show is personal demons and contradictions as a character. In the end because of this he becomes a self righteous weaksauce master with a white knight complex.

At least the new director knows this and will try to present Shirou better. Hopefully.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 00:45   Link #56
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
^ I would contest that statement.

Spoiler for just in case:
What? A character can still receive development even if she is not the "focus".

Also
Spoiler for UBW:
Old 2014-01-30, 03:04   Link #57
Brother Coa
Banned

So all in all they have decided to let original writer, who wrote original F/SN ) rewrite the story the way he wants for the anime. This was probably the best idea.

So it will probably be as I said, in a way - he will probably go with combining all three routes. But in a way that he will take the most important happenings from all three routes ( for example he will definitely write school incident and Saber's battle for Medusa, fight in the church with Caster, fight against shadow etc... ) but write new story-line between them that will combine all of them perfectly. With old material and the way everything happened in VN it would be impossible to combine all three, but with this ( writing totally new story-line ) it will be more than possible - especially if done by the guy who basically wrote the original F/SN.

So the only question that remains is how he will write it? We only know that Shirou will be main protagonist ( surprise, surprise ) and pretty much nothing else beside it will have same tone and feel like true F/Z successor. Who will be his love interest, what will his ideal be in the end and will he lose Saber or no will pretty much determine the route we will see. I only have one wish: if he decide to end it like Fate route I want for him to include Realta Nua extended ending. That will complete the entire franchise for me.

@Shadow5YA

There is one BIG difference between Fate and UBW scenarios regarding Saber:

Spoiler for Difference:
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 03:29   Link #58
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
So all in all they have decided to let original writer, who wrote original F/SN ) rewrite the story the way he wants for the anime. This was probably the best idea.

So it will probably be as I said, in a way - he will probably go with combining all three routes. But in a way that he will take the most important happenings from all three routes ( for example he will definitely write school incident and Saber's battle for Medusa, fight in the church with Caster, fight against shadow etc... ) but write new story-line between them that will combine all of them perfectly. With old material and the way everything happened in VN it would be impossible to combine all three, but with this ( writing totally new story-line ) it will be more than possible - especially if done by the guy who basically wrote the original F/SN.

So the only question that remains is how he will write it? We only know that Shirou will be main protagonist ( surprise, surprise ) and pretty much nothing else beside it will have same tone and feel like true F/Z successor. Who will be his love interest, what will his ideal be in the end and will he lose Saber or no will pretty much determine the route we will see. I only have one wish: if he decide to end it like Fate route I want for him to include Realta Nua extended ending. That will complete the entire franchise for me.

@Shadow5YA

There is one BIG difference between Fate and UBW scenarios regarding Saber:

Spoiler for Difference:
Wrong. She understands her mistake in either route. All you're doing is interpreting the Realta Nua ending to an extreme. You do realize that ending was pretty much just giving Shirou x Saber pairing a happy ending, right?
Old 2014-01-30, 03:42   Link #59
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
No, all they've confirmed is that Kinoko Nasu attends script planning meetings and offers input. Actually, he has participated in this capacity since the original Fate/Stay Night anime (for which he served as script supervisor and helped break the story down into 24 episodes), so the arrangement isn't new. Type-Moon tends to be closely involved with anime adaptations and licensed spin-offs.

If Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero are indications, ufotable's employees (production managers and assistants, etc.) may write the scripts, which gives the studio a sense of ownership over the entire product.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 04:11   Link #60
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Wrong. She understands her mistake in either route.
This is not true, she only understand her mistake in Fate route. That is why she get's to Avalon only in Fate route. Fate/Zero pretty much explained that each time she fail to acquire the grail she is sent back to Calamn and from there in another Grail War. And the only time she broke the contract is in Fate route, she ddn't do that in UBW and she pretty much died in HF at that monastery.

Quote:
No, all they've confirmed is that Kinoko Nasu attends script planning meetings and offers input.
Yeah, but as I understand this time he will have more say in the things so they will pretty much do it how he tells them. In that case we will get the story as close to the original one. IT will be like he is actually writing it in a sense.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable