AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-02-16, 15:32   Link #2121
Breimoon

in a few pages earlier someone tought that since they had to infiltrate with the other survivors they could not use the titan powers to defend themselves since the mission was more important .
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 12:59   Link #2122
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvisions View Post
I have to disagree with you, because we do see a titan eating Eren, the main difference in this point is that he used his titan's power to survive.

What I believe to be a big differential is that, back then, when Reiner and Berlthold were traveling with his friend, that was eaten by Ymir, they did not have yet, the power to shift into titans.

I can deduct that because: They were very young, they were attacked by a titan and did not fight back, and don't forget that, they call themvelves WARRIORS, if they have could, they WOULD have fight back!

THERE IS AN IMMENSE emphasys on surviving into this history, the fear of death... They would have done everything they could in order to survive, even more when they are having his friend being eaten alive in front of them.

So, all indicatives, points that, at least in this oportunity, both Reiner and Berthold couldn't shift into titans, by deduction, neither his friend that just stood there and died.

Do not forget to take into account, that Reiner uses his titan to save Berthold on the present events, so, if he could have saved his old friend, he would have done so back then too.
_____

Do not forget also, that Ymir STOLE this power, she from a biological point of view, was as normal as anyone, but due to some kind of procedure became a titan.

We can assume the same is true to Reiner, Berthold, Eren, Annie and any other one, even they young poor friend, that meaning: All of them, were normal people, prior to receive their titan powers. And if Reiner, Berthold and friend, did not had titan power, I don't see how your argument could be valid.

Don't forget too, that Reiner asks Ymir about her wandering time, and during their dialogue we have indicatives that, this part of losing consciousness, is part of the process when shifting for the first (or few first) time, they even include Eren into this subject, saying the same happened to him. That's why Reiner is comprehensible(?) about Ymir deed of killing his friend, because that nightmare, he felt on his own skin too. Nothing is said about the need of eat a human/titan-shifter to recover their consciousness.

Until we have EVIDENCES that there are some specific exceptions where one just borns with titan powers in a human condition, I don't think we should consider that any young kids can shift into titans or are given this powers just without a purpose.

Because even RBA had a purpuse when using their titan forms, and their titan form fits precisely their roles and needs into their plan.

PD: We learned from Cp. 51 that the titan body assimilates the normal human body in normal conditions. What happens to Eren and other titan shifters, is that something stops the process pefore they have their full body assimilated, but when he exceeds his limits, the assimilation goes further, sometimes being really hard to separate him from his titan body. So we cannot just say that one titan-shifter, just turns titan, and then shifts back to a human state, what we can affirm is that they have a controlled assimilatation state, but the pilot remains a human, the major point is the mind condition to control the titan body, when one lost control over mind for some reason (see Eren multiple times), the titan body acts wildly.

I really don't see how eating or not eating people would interfer into this process, as obviously, the pilot had always been there (in titan-shifter case), but couldn't control the titan body, as of matter to get out from the titan body volunteer, the pilot has to be knowing what he's doing.

I would bet, that a trained and prepared mind would be of much more impact to the pilot that anything else, see Eren cases when he loses his focus, things start just to go worse and worse, even his titan body becomes rubbish.
Ymir is an exception. She was in Titan form for 60 years! The other Shifters cannot stay like that for more than a few hours at best. Before Ymir attacked Berik, she was NOT what we call a titan shifter. Maybe she was a titan shifter already and then was for some reason assimilated by a titan body, but during her "complete titan" state, she was something different for sure.

Also why did Reiner (& Bertolt) not fight back, if they were titan shifters already? Judging from the looks, they must have had that fight with Ymir not long before departing to the walls. Unless it was the case that Reiner and Bert already exhausted their powers shortly before Ymir appeard somehow, I don't see the reason.

@Breimoon:
That was not my point. Sure, they didn't use their titan powers to go from Wall Maria to Wall Rose, but how did they get past all the titans between their "village" and Wall Maria?
Old 2014-02-17, 15:06   Link #2123
zibi88

maybe RB couldnt use that power at that time... like they were traveling to the warrior village in order to gain training and their mission.... at that place they met Annie and they got their mission then after they trained their powers

kinda like with eren... he had this power but couldnt use it before some trigger happened.... earlier he was running and was getting injured but the accelerated healing never happened..... but the difference between eren and RBA is that he had noone to train with and doesnt know how to use some abilities (like annie can heal one part of her body as priority...do harden) and has to go the long way of self learning

first we need to learn where the warrior village is... is it in the walls... underground of the wall city... or far away from the walls on the other side...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 15:47   Link #2124
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

If the village is inside the walls... how did Bertolt get outside to transform into the Colossal Titan?
Old 2014-02-18, 01:32   Link #2125
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Just walk outside?

As it looked, the gates are usually open during the days, as long as there are no titans around.

Personally I don't understand for what reason they have gates in the first place (and having a size for titans to fit through, instead of a normal door's size).
maybe in need of going in or out by a horse... and when they run away they usually are stuck in packs so wider gates are needed... the same goes for wagons with boddies...weapons and injured ones

well it was not them who build the walls but they found them like that from the very beggining so they had no involvment of building the gates :P what if the walls were meant to be titan prison like the coordinate would order them to get in and then close the walls locking all of them inside :P (but humans went there first so plan went to hell so now they need to be gone as they made the wall opening to let them in...with humans as a bite to get them inside)
Old 2014-02-18, 09:31   Link #2126
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Just walk outside?

As it looked, the gates are usually open during the days, as long as there are no titans around.

Personally I don't understand for what reason they have gates in the first place (and having a size for titans to fit through, instead of a normal door's size).
I think you are misunderstanding something. The gate that is usually opened is the INNER gate (the one that was broken by the Armored Titan). The outer one (which was destroyed by the Colossal Titan) is only opened for Survey Corps expeditions. Why should they take the risk of opening the the outer gates in other situations? They'd risk getting ambushed by the sudden appearance of an abnormal titan.
Old 2014-02-21, 04:01   Link #2127
Breimoon

lol the special came out . Was hoping for Mikasa and Annie to finally fight but instead they beat up Eren. Bertolt got jelous of Eren being with Annie and ate him with Mikasa.
Old 2014-02-21, 11:28   Link #2128
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Aaahh... Not sure if you guys are discussing of Sungeki no Kyojin? The 4koma version of SnK manga?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 11:48   Link #2129
Breimoon

The animated special, episode 5
Old 2014-02-21, 13:16   Link #2130
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
The animated special, episode 5
but why are you talking about anime in the "manga" thread... mod should move those to anime thread

and the episode was out for some time already...

so anyway any news about that picture of Reiner, bertholt and yamir standing on the wall talking ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Cause maybe the anime section does not know about Bert? -.-
then the parts about bert and everything after annie arc. from manga you put in spoiler tags.... or post in the "general thread" as it covers both anime and manga stuff ^^

Last edited by zibi88; 2014-02-22 at 11:36.
Old 2014-02-22, 09:08   Link #2131
Breimoon

Cause maybe the anime section does not know about Bert? -.-
Old 2014-02-23, 20:44   Link #2132
misso

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post

so anyway any news about that picture of Reiner, bertholt and yamir standing on the wall talking ?
you mean this?

(edit: deleted the link, ask me if you want it ^^)

Last edited by misso; 2014-02-24 at 04:33.
misso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 01:14   Link #2133
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by misso View Post
you mean this?

here was the link
Wow ! thanks... didnt even know that there was a special chaper or anything like that ! anyway you better delete this link and send it to people if they ask for it by PM.... since you might get banned for posting direct links to stuff here (just saying so you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
@zibi88:

you should delete or modify his quote as well...
done ^^

Last edited by zibi88; 2014-02-24 at 11:42.
Old 2014-02-24, 04:35   Link #2134
misso

Quote:
Wow ! thanks... didnt even know that there was a special chaper or anything like that ! anyway you better delete this link and send it to people if they ask for it by PM.... since you might get banned for posting direct links to stuff here (just saying so you)
oups! i didn't know we couldn't post link, but can we post pictures maybe? (under spoiler)
it's such a important chapter and many readers don't know about it. It was on the end of volume 12 only.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2014-02-24, 10:14   Link #2135
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

@zibi88:

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
"Goddess" was refering to Christa's/Historia's behaviour.
Old 2014-02-24, 11:55   Link #2136
zibi88

Quote:
@zibi88:

well there is no need to post this under spoiler tags since its already translated and its about manga :P

personaly I think that that yamir might be talking about herself... we dont know what kind of past she had... and that titan from that other special chapter said "yamir-sama's people".... the -sama is generally added to someone important... maybe a pristess or someone of that kind

she said this was scary but she lives... and she stays with RB becouse she feels guilty for the stuff she did as a titan (killed their friend and kinda has stolen their power) but thx to that she was able to turn human back... so she can go between human-titan like a god

Well she did not mention christa/historia in it so its hard to tell who the goddess really is

But what im kinda afreid is that they are in the Shingashina district... Erens house is there... im worried that they will try to find that basement, break in and take or destroy the thing that is inside about the truth about titans.... they learned about it from Erwin in that long motivational talk xD and eren in past said that the "rock" from the wall fell streight at his home.... so all they need to do is mark all destroyed buildings by a rock and search for a basement

Personaly I dont want them to find it becouse I want to learn what is there and they might take it or destroy it before eren gets there (well they might take everything from insie and threaten eren that they will give him that thing if he comes with them)

as for the whole wall maria thing... I just dont get it... why cant they lure titans to one spot and sent small group from the opposite side towards wall maria.... then climb the wall... and go to the shingashina district around on top of that wall... as titans cant get up there anyways. Its like if the holes are from south from the Shingashina part why cant they move towards the wall maria by north side where there is no hole and titans are focused on that one spot (hole) to move deeper into the city
Old 2014-02-24, 12:27   Link #2137
misso

Quote:

but she is talking about herself , no ?
the titan in ilse's notebook chapter said 'ymir sama", i always thought it was about this ymir and she was kind of a boss or a "goddess" in the titan world or something like that.
Old 2014-02-24, 12:34   Link #2138
misso

Quote:
well there is no need to post this under spoiler tags since its already translated and its about manga :P

personaly I think that that yamir might be talking about herself... we dont know what kind of past she had... and that titan from that other special chapter said "yamir-sama's people".... the -sama is generally added to someone important... maybe a pristess or someone of that kind
yes i think too she was talking about herself.

Quote:

as for the whole wall maria thing... I just dont get it... why cant they lure titans to one spot and sent small group from the opposite side towards wall maria.... then climb the wall... and go to the shingashina district around on top of that wall... as titans cant get up there anyways. Its like if the holes are from south from the Shingashina part why cant they move towards the wall maria by north side where there is no hole and titans are focused on that one spot (hole) to move deeper into the city
maybe because there are too many titans and they can't lure all of them in one spot.
Old 2014-02-24, 12:35   Link #2139
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
but she is talking about herself , no ?
the titan in ilse's notebook chapter said 'ymir sama", i always thought it was about this ymir and she was kind of a boss or a "goddess" in the titan world or something like that.
No from the context it really seemed that she was refering to being a "nice person, selfless and helping others", which Historia was doing while she had her fake persona "Christa" on. The recent chapter, where Historia talked with Eren about it, ironically showed that at least in Eren's eyes "playing goddess" is something creepy.
Old 2014-02-24, 15:06   Link #2140
Kiltias

Pretty much what GreyZone said.

We know what Ymir is like.She is bossy,selfish,harsh and tends to edge with and piss off a lot of people.IIRC Historia even said Ymir has the personality ever.

She was simply referring to being "Good" for once or "helping", in reference to Historia who was multiple times regarded as a "Goddess" due to her Fake Persona.

That is why Ymir said it in the first place I guess.
Historia only plays "Good Girl", Ymir isn't a "Good Person" per se.

Quote:
First of all - Monkey Titan disagrees with not getting up there.And I do know some people theorize the one who killed Mike and from Utgard are two different ones.Not saying there are.

Secondly - How many Titans are out there?
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote