AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-02-23, 19:37   Link #1
hqbreaker

Does anyone know why tsubasa chronicle anime was canceled?

I loved that anime and was quite upset when they canceled it. I read the whole manga and it was really confusing. Does anyone know why it was canceled?
hqbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 02:49   Link #2
Tenzen12

Anime wasn't canceled. 26 episode is one of standard anime formates. Long runners like Naruto, or One Piece are actualy more atypical.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 04:02   Link #3
saya_leviathan

^The OP is talking about why there's no third season.

The reason why there wasn't a third season is because CLAMP is very dissatisfied with how Bee Train adapted the manga, most especially the 2nd season which after the Library arc contains a lot of fillers.

Hence, they let Production I.G. continue the anime in the form of the OVAs (Tokyo Revelation, which adapted the Acid Tokyo arc and disregarded the fillers of Season 2, and Shuraiki which only adapted the Nihon arc).
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 15:53   Link #4
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I thought the anime was very boring and poorly executed, dropped it a few episodes into season 2. I haven't read the manga so no elitist comparison was required.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 18:58   Link #5
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
^The OP is talking about why there's no third season.

The reason why there wasn't a third season is because CLAMP is very dissatisfied with how Bee Train adapted the manga, most especially the 2nd season which after the Library arc contains a lot of fillers.

Hence, they let Production I.G. continue the anime in the form of the OVAs (Tokyo Revelation, which adapted the Acid Tokyo arc and disregarded the fillers of Season 2, and Shuraiki which only adapted the Nihon arc).
I don't think there's any proof of that going down. It was convenient speculation given the change in animation studio, but that's about it.

At any rate, the TV series was an NHK production, whereas the OVAs were commissioned separately by Kodansha. Most likely, I.G. secured the contracts for both since Bee Train was their subsidiary at the time of the NHK project (the two companies went their separate ways in 2006).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote