AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2003-12-17, 18:06   Link #1
s0nicfreak
Taking harem applications
*Artist

Question is there a php script to keep track of what series/ep # of anime you watched

or one that can be used as it, where i can login and add new serieses or change the ep # that I have watched and then it makes a table??
s0nicfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 18:12   Link #2
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nicfreak
or one that can be used as it, where i can login and add new serieses or change the ep # that I have watched and then it makes a table??
wouldn't be hard to make one
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 18:21   Link #3
s0nicfreak
*Artist

Then make one plz
Old 2003-12-17, 18:25   Link #4
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Better idea: go learn php.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 18:27   Link #5
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

You could make a list at AnimeNfo?
Old 2003-12-17, 18:28   Link #6
s0nicfreak
*Artist

Quote:
Better idea: go learn php.
psh... fine... *walks off muttering something incomprehencable (but it doesnt sound nice)*
Old 2003-12-17, 18:37   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. I've been wanting to do this myself, but been too lazy to do it. As far as doing it via PHP, no need to. It's a lot easier to do this via a simple shell script than putting together a php script. If you're on nix, you can do it using a simple shell script. Windows on the other hand will present a bit more of a challenge. Tell ya what. I'll play with this on my bsd box and see what I come up with. Should only take me maybe 15 minutes unless I hit a snag.

I'll post what I find once I'm done.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 18:38   Link #8
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

s0nicfreak, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but scripts take a lot of work to write, and you could just make a text file and list all of the anime series that you've watched? A Microsoft Excel document is just as good as that, probably even better (since it makes the table for you).

Also, as ashibaka said, I think you can do the same thing at animenfo.com :P
Old 2003-12-17, 18:55   Link #9
s0nicfreak
*Artist

I only said for him to make one cuz he said it was easy, and I was joking anyway.
Text/excel wont work because I want to be able to put it online, & update it without having to re-upload a file whenever i change it. Animenfo wont work cuz I want to be able to have it look like I want and be all on 1 page, and it would be a prob if I start to dl a series that isn't on animenfo yet.
Old 2003-12-17, 19:03   Link #10
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
I only said for him to make one cuz he said it was easy, and I was joking anyway.
Text/excel wont work because I want to be able to put it online, & update it without having to re-upload a file whenever i change it. Animenfo wont work cuz I want to be able to have it look like I want and be all on 1 page, and it would be a prob if I start to dl a series that isn't on animenfo yet.
Aye, it is pretty easy if you know how to code in php. Here are a few links that might help you out:

http://us3.php.net/readfile
http://us4.php.net/file_get_contents
http://us3.php.net/file
Old 2003-12-17, 19:21   Link #11
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Animenfo wont work cuz I want to be able to have it look like I want and be all on 1 page, and it would be a prob if I start to dl a series that isn't on animenfo yet.
Attention AnimeSuki... an obsessive-compulsive has entered the building...
Old 2003-12-18, 03:33   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
but scripts take a lot of work to write
You ain't just sh**'n they do!! Man, it's been a while since I've done any perl scripting so this is taking me WAY longer than I thought it would. Been working on it since when I last posted and I'm STILL not done with it. But then again, I don't do half a**'ed scripts either. It's gonna have all kinda cool features.

1. It will search the site by show name and group.
2. It will automatically store which new episodes have shown up on the site.
3. It will automatically email you when a new series that you are wanting to follow is posted.
4. It will be really easy to setup and use.

I'm doing this the smart way and building it using config files so that they can be edited with easy too. I'm kinda glad someone asked for this. For one, it gave me an excuse to dust off my perl skills, and second it gave me an incentive to actually make one of these. Been threatening to do it for ages, but now I have. I am packing up for the night cause my brain is near the shutdown point after something like 5 hours of straight coding.

I'll work on finishing this up by tomorrow afternoon. As soon as I'm sure it's working, I'll post a zip of the finished product. If someone's a perl nut, you're welcome to critique it and improve it if you want as it's been....gads, a long freaking time since I last had my hands in a perl script, (as the numerous head shaped dents in the wall lay testiment to) so it's likely I may have missed some small detail, or someone may find a faster way to do something I did.

EDIT: Ok, I just compared the times of my two posts, and all I gotta say is "Holy sh**!! I just coded for 8 hours straight!!" Man, talk about some hard core coding. Of course it would have been maybe only 2 hours if I wasn't so darned rusty at it. But after 8 hours I'm definately getting faster at it. Might be back to my old self again if I keep going at it for a couple more weeks.
Old 2003-12-18, 12:31   Link #13
SirJeannot
AT Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Aye, it is pretty easy if you know how to code in php. Here are a few links that might help you out:

http://us3.php.net/readfile
http://us4.php.net/file_get_contents
http://us3.php.net/file
sql for life
Old 2003-12-18, 13:39   Link #14
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJeannot
sql for life
Yeah, but that would require him to get a database first. If he has his own domain or something, then doing something like this with php and mysql is a snap. I could do it within an hour.

However, I doubt that he has a domain of his own. He might be trying to get this thing to work on geocities or something. Because of that, I think that using a separate file to store the information would work better than a database. It won't work quite as well, but it'll at least get the job done.

*edit*

I just checked sonic's "website" that he has listed in his profile and I don't think he'll have access to a database :P Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go scratch my eyes out after seeing the images on that webpage.
Old 2003-12-18, 17:36   Link #15
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I've got a working script if you guys wanna play with it. Not everything's completed and working yet, but the script's about 90% done. Things I still have to do to it are:

1. Add mail routine. Can't send yourself a mail if the mail routine isn't there.
2. Finish the comparison and logging routine. I'm down to just comparing against the existing previously listed animes file and the wishlist file (user watched animes). This way each time it pulls the list it only displays new entries that haven't been seen before and only if they're in the user's wish list file.
3. Simplify the script. If you read the script, it's freaking huge!! That's kinda how I work. I do it sort of "longhand" programming style. AKA I take the long way around an issue to start with to get the script working, then I go in and find ways to tighten up the script, dump unnessisary code, simplify code lines, etc.

If anyone wants to review it, maybe do some editing or help out a bit, you're welcome to. I'm so bloody out of practice at perl I'm now officially 12 hours into this and only this far. So if you want to jump in and help out with the script, please feel free too. You can download all the nessisary work files here:

anime tracker script

PM me if you want to help with it. I probubly won't get this finished before tomorrow. But after that I'm on vacation for a week, so I can polish this off at that point. Of course if I get help along the way, that could be much sooner.
Old 2003-12-18, 17:40   Link #16
s0nicfreak
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Yeah, but that would require him to get a database first. If he has his own domain or something, then doing something like this with php and mysql is a snap. I could do it within an hour.

However, I doubt that he has a domain of his own. He might be trying to get this thing to work on geocities or something. Because of that, I think that using a separate file to store the information would work better than a database. It won't work quite as well, but it'll at least get the job done.

*edit*

I just checked sonic's "website" that he has listed in his profile and I don't think he'll have access to a database :P Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go scratch my eyes out after seeing the images on that webpage.

I have 3 domains and access to databases thank you

Although I may not know how to write my own scripts yet I do know how to use php & mysql and change some things. So don't asume things.

Anyway I found a script that does exactly what I want after a few simple changes.
Old 2003-12-25, 20:27   Link #17
Forse
r00t for life

late reply but still http://sourceforge.net/projects/animedb/
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote