Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-03-12, 11:11   Link #7441
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It's a now-discontinued certification program for games that includes integration with Windows Vista and Windows 7.

So, yes, Games for Windows titles should still be playable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
There's a rumour that the system is being shutdown this summer which means that the online bits of the games who use the system would stop working. For some games that just means that the multiplayer is shutdown, for others who use the online activation features they turn useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Isn't that limitation only applicable for Games for Windows - LIVE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
There's been no official word on if/when GFWL will be shut down (well, since the deleted Age of Empires Online support article). A lot of games that used to use GFWL have been patched and moved off the service (e.g. Bioshock 2, now using Steamworks for matchmaking), mainly as a result of the closure of the Games for Windows Live Marketplace back in August last year.
GFWL has basically been superseded by Xbox Live for Windows, but that's really only for Windows Store games on Windows 8 and 8.1.
At the core of things though, Games for Windows branded games that don't rely on Games for Windows Live services should still be OK (and thus far, GFWL games are still playable offline and online as far as I know, aside from how crappy the service generally is), though there may be a few exceptions (basically, anything got to do with online services and multiplayer). An example of this would be the original Company of Heroes game (Games for Windows certified, but doesn't use the Live service) - The original game used middleware for their online service, called Quazal, which was snapped up by Ubisoft. As it would result in the shutdown of online services for the game, a new version of the game was released on Steam, with online services migrated from Relic Online to Steamworks.
So it's a DRM (shudders with disgust saying this word).
So if i were to buy Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition, which has GFW, i could still install and play it?
Old 2014-03-12, 11:46   Link #7442
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So if i were to buy Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition, which has GFW, i could still install and play it?
Yes. If not, go the other way (you know what I mean) during installation.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 11:50   Link #7443
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Yes. If not, go the other way (you know what I mean) during installation.
Nope. I'll just wait until Desura or GOG.com finally have that game on their site.
Old 2014-03-12, 12:05   Link #7444
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Nope. I'll just wait until Desura or GOG.com finally have that game on their site.
I wish Steam bought over Resident Evil Op Raccoon City. It is a great MP game but hard to find people to play with.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-03-12, 15:29   Link #7445
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Not at all. GFW does not imply DRM. Some games use those features but many use other different copy protection schemes (like Starforce and the likes).

As for that particular game it features no DRM aside from a disc check and even that was removed in a later patch. That particular game just uses the branding, nothing more.
Old 2014-03-12, 16:14   Link #7446
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
How long does it take before an AS member gets Senior Member status?
If I recall correctly, it's not time-based, but after making 100 posts.

Of course, don't overdo it. There's nothing to be gained by such title.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 19:16   Link #7447
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It takes 1s, go into your account and change your title to "Senior Member"

Please dont spam the forum to get it.
Old 2014-03-15, 11:20   Link #7448
JokerD

Quote:
Do I look like I would do that kind of stuff? I am an upstanding, law-abiding citizen! Right down to the full support of 377A!

If you say employers, do "self-employed" count as one?
I think you need to register a company or something.
And you need to register your income. They don't look at your bank accounts...
I just thought of something, did you miss your payments on the medical insurance?

Other than that, can't think of anything else. Anything further, book a phone appoint at one of the service centres (shorter waiting time) and check what's the problem...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 06:08   Link #7449
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
How do you put out a magnesium fire if you cannot use water as it make the situation worse?
Old 2014-03-20, 06:17   Link #7450
speck123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
How do you put out a magnesium fire if you cannot use water as it make the situation worse?
Cover with sand is the usual remedy. Deprives it of Oxygen. There might be some kinds of fire extinguishers that'll do the job also.
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 07:43   Link #7451
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Class D fires require dry powder extinguishers, in this case ones that contain sodium chloride.
Old 2014-03-20, 09:03   Link #7452
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Is there any protection law that prevent boss/manager from exploiting the minimum wages/ company structural wages. In this case, by broking a deal with the contracted workers on paying only for 1 hour of work for works that he have to spend 3 hours to finish?

Because it effectively reduce his hour wage to one third and could make it lower than the market/ company minimum wages
Old 2014-03-20, 09:51   Link #7453
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
It is the local hobbyist community's term for this guy.
I thought you meant the golden one....
Old 2014-03-27, 06:51   Link #7454
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Ah Boys to Men

Anybody know this movie? How was it?
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 07:50   Link #7455
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I want to introduce a girl I know to authentic Chinese food(of which I am a fanatic). Now I found a decent sichuan place, but all its best stuff is on a Chinese language menu. Now I'd like things to be smooth. Could a poster here who both knows sichuan cuisine and can read chinese give me a selection of interesting dishes to order? The girl doesn't like meat, but is fine with fish and seafood. I'd like a mix of main dishes and vegetable side dishes, and a mix of spicy and non-spicy. You can send me via pm.

The menu can be found here.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 08:36   Link #7456
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I want to introduce a girl I know to authentic Chinese food(of which I am a fanatic). Now I found a decent sichuan place, but all its best stuff is on a Chinese language menu. Now I'd like things to be smooth. Could a poster here who both knows sichuan cuisine and can read chinese give me a selection of interesting dishes to order? The girl doesn't like meat, but is fine with fish and seafood. I'd like a mix of main dishes and vegetable side dishes, and a mix of spicy and non-spicy. You can send me via pm.

The menu can be found here.
Won't it be easier to ask the restaurant to recommend, since Chinese dishes are usually seasonal? I think you might want to pick a couple from the last page (green) as it is the chef's new dishes.

Also, stop making us married men jealous. Move this to the dating thread you perv.

Old 2014-03-31, 12:30   Link #7457
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Won't it be easier to ask the restaurant to recommend, since Chinese dishes are usually seasonal? I think you might want to pick a couple from the last page (green) as it is the chef's new dishes.

Also, stop making us married men jealous. Move this to the dating thread you perv.
I'd like to be smooth, and certain waiters can be difficult to work with. That said the review posted outside explicitly mentions their chinese menu, so they may be used to it.

I was going to post in the dating thread, but the question is not actually dating related.

I also don't know sichuanese dishes too well beyond Ma Po Doufu, so advice on that would also be good...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 07:48   Link #7458
HasuMasu
*Artist

Is anything we've sent to Venus still active now?
Old 2014-04-09, 16:21   Link #7459
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
Is anything we've sent to Venus still active now?
I don't think that any probes that humanity has sent to the atmosphere of Venus has survived (it's highly corrosive in there). The ESA has an Orbiter around the planet called Venus Express that should keep going until the end of the year (according to wikipedia).
Old 2014-04-10, 04:01   Link #7460
HasuMasu
*Artist

Yeah sorry I was talking about orbiters, but that is fewer than I thought.

It seems I really can't find anything other than that...so just one...

Tags
problem, q&a, serious