AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-04-23, 23:38   Link #5401
Langus
Optimus Prime

*sigh* I just... *head shake*

You preset us with arguably the most bad ass sword in all of Soul Society and end the fight like that?

What. A. Waste.
Old 2014-04-24, 00:55   Link #5402
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

I would have been happier if the chapter was just one panel kenpachi cutting him in half. Anything is better than this bs.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 02:41   Link #5403
Altes
Banned

The chapter would've been better if Gremmy's death was explained properly. He died because he tried to transform his body into something he couldn't understand, and therefore imagine. Serves this damn brat well. I wish Kubo could keep Guenael as Sternritter V and never introduce that stupid Haruhi Suzumiya wannabe.

Next time Kenpachi fights, it'll be against an opponent he truly deserves - powerful, fierce and fearsome, not that self-proclaimed strongest Quincy.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 09:29   Link #5404
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
I would have been happier if the chapter was just one panel kenpachi cutting him in half. Anything is better than this bs.
yea. even though that was expected it would have been way more satisfying. just some badass line like "I have no imagination!" *slice* would have done it for me lol
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 12:43   Link #5405
swerv
Stay Up

It's just a bit strange, why does suddenly becoming strong = implosion of body goo.

Could've had a good old evil twin mirror match for a chapter or two or something. Oh well, underwhelming ending if it does finish like this for me. The patch stayed on man... you just know he's going to get dealt with swiftly and harshly if he comes up against another one now without showing more than maybe one move
Old 2014-04-24, 17:29   Link #5406
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Though snarky, quigonkenny is actually right, shinigami are not and never have been ghosts in the Western sense of the word, especially when they are in Soul Society.

They are pretty much human, though a lot tougher.
It's very true. It's been stated many times that Soul Reapers serve to uphold the balance between spirits, never that they are themselves spirits.

Then again, when Ichigo transforms into a Soul Reaper, he leaves his physical body behind, which kinda does make it seem like his "spirit" is leaving his body.

Also, during the Fullbringer arc, Ginjo said something along the lines of "You're fighting in your physical body now Ichigo, if you get wounded, you will hurt yourself for real", almost indicating that suffering wounds in "Soul Reaper form" is not as serious as suffering them in real life.
Old 2014-04-25, 00:56   Link #5407
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
It's very true. It's been stated many times that Soul Reapers serve to uphold the balance between spirits, never that they are themselves spirits.

Then again, when Ichigo transforms into a Soul Reaper, he leaves his physical body behind, which kinda does make it seem like his "spirit" is leaving his body.

Also, during the Fullbringer arc, Ginjo said something along the lines of "You're fighting in your physical body now Ichigo, if you get wounded, you will hurt yourself for real", almost indicating that suffering wounds in "Soul Reaper form" is not as serious as suffering them in real life.
Why do "being a spirit" and "having internal organs" have to be mutually exclusive?

In my headcanon, Ichigo (for example) has his physical body on the physical plane, and his shinigami body is his representation on the spiritual plane. All the other shinigami are long dead, so they have no physical forms (hence the need for gigais, in order to be seen by and interact with humans on the physical plane). Because they are used to their physical bodies having stuff like skin, and bones, and organs, their spiritual bodies do as well. Similarly, he and other shinigami can change form by going Bankai, since the spiritual body is more malleable, though their inherent humanity keeps them in their basic "living" form. The fact that hollows and arrancars don't follow that rule is evidence of their corrupted mental state. That probably explains Mayuri as well...
Old 2014-04-25, 10:13   Link #5408
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

I still don't understand why he didn't just imagine Kenpachi was dead. Definitely one of the most stupidest deaths in Bleach. His IMAGINATION is his power for crying out loud. If he can turn bones into cookies why can't he turn someone's brain or heart into cookies....blah... I wonder what his resurreccion/vollstandig is?
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 10:21   Link #5409
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
I still don't understand why he didn't just imagine Kenpachi was dead. Definitely one of the most stupidest deaths in Bleach. His IMAGINATION is his power for crying out loud. If he can turn bones into cookies why can't he turn someone's brain or heart into cookies....blah... I wonder what his resurreccion/vollstandig is?
The same reason Soifon's shikai didn't work on Aizen. No matter how hax the ability, if your opponent has significantly greater spiritual power than you, it can't directly affect them.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 23:33   Link #5410
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The same reason Soifon's shikai didn't work on Aizen. No matter how hax the ability, if your opponent has significantly greater spiritual power than you, it can't directly affect them.
this is something kubo added that i actually like quite a bit. soifon's ability is very hax, but she can't just go around killing the strongest people with it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 23:42   Link #5411
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Any more captains or relevant side characters that gonna like need to killed these Nazi-with-a-different-name but doesn't yet? Or is that all after Kenpachi is done?
Old 2014-04-26, 10:01   Link #5412
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Any more captains or relevant side characters that gonna like need to killed these Nazi-with-a-different-name but doesn't yet? Or is that all after Kenpachi is done?
Ukitake hasn't fought yet. And Mayuri.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 16:33   Link #5413
Eragon
Still Alive

So, was that Kenny's Bankai ? Like WTF ? No info dump for the most relevant thing in a while.

Somehow, Kubo salvaged (somewhat) this fight with this chapter. The kid at least tried a few things which certainly would have killed anyone. But, its Kenny. Even Kenny can't kill Kenny. It is known.

Urahara and Kyouraku's Bankai is the only thing I'm looking forward to. And Hollow Ichigo's return.
Old 2014-04-26, 16:51   Link #5414
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
So, was that Kenny's Bankai ? Like WTF ? No info dump for the most relevant thing in a while.
Nope, that was his Shikai. "Drink, Nozarashi" is his release phrase.
Old 2014-04-26, 20:24   Link #5415
Eragon
Still Alive

But isn't his sword in perma Shikai form ? Or is that invalid now ?
Old 2014-04-26, 21:09   Link #5416
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
But isn't his sword in perma Shikai form ? Or is that invalid now ?
That's what he thought when he fought Ichigo back in SS, since he didn't know his sword's name.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 21:23   Link #5417
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Yeah seriously. He had the easiest way to destroy Kenny, Yachipachi, Isane, etc by just saying that they're dead.
Old 2014-04-26, 21:24   Link #5418
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
We got Byakuya's new zanpakuto to see yet, plus Urahara, the oldtimers and whatever Mayuri has planned.

I'm hoping we don't see the nakama/Fullbringers/the Living World group until after Ichigo returns.
Old 2014-04-27, 20:46   Link #5419
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, seeing this fight made people's claims that Ichigo was overpowered trivial. Kenpachi almost never has a hard time fighting. He just stomps on every enemy. No drama, no "Kenpachikun!". Just stomps.

Now I hope the Quincies gets some redemption before Ichigo arrives.
Old 2014-04-27, 23:30   Link #5420
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
At that point, Gremmy's overwhelmed with the urge to kill Kenpachi. And he's not gonna be content with killing Kenny with a death hax.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter