AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Character
Tenma 11 18.33%
Nina 8 13.33%
Johan 11 18.33%
Runge 13 21.67%
Grimmer 11 18.33%
Eva 2 3.33%
Dr. Reichwein 1 1.67%
Dieter 0 0%
Franz Bonaparta? 1 1.67%
Other (specify) 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 23:09   Link #1
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Favorite Monster Character

I don't remember all the monster characters, but I'll try...

Anyways, my favorite is Grimmer.
Old 2005-12-20, 12:10   Link #2
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

It's a tough choice, but in the end I picked Tenma over Runge, but only just. I find myself identifying with Tenma more, mostly due to his personality. He doesn't talk much, and shuns the limelight, preferring to get on with helping with people rather than wasting time chit-chatting, and then disappearing before people could thank him.

Runge is my close second for obvious reasons. Perhaps Naoki Urasawa is a closet Sherlock Holmes fan? I see many similarities between Runge and the Baker Street sleuth, from the obsession with cases, incredible attention to detail, even his facial features resemble what Conan Doyle describes his most famous character. I'm just amazed Runge managed to get married and have a daughter in the first place. That's their only difference.
Old 2005-12-20, 13:57   Link #3
shadowmoon
Grasshopper

I think all the major characters have been developed so well, it's hard to choose. In the end I voted for Eva, because I kind of like the real person inside her, who realizes she really does love Tenma and should treasure him even more. Her struggles with what she perceives to a more-hate-than-love relationship with Tenma is getting quite interesting, given the current episodes.
Old 2005-12-20, 19:57   Link #4
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
I'm just amazed Runge managed to get married and have a daughter in the first place. That's their only difference.
He probably had one case after they got married that changed everything because he didn't pay enough attention to detail and now he's become obsessive\gone overboard with it. Makes sense right?
Old 2005-12-23, 01:24   Link #5
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
well i guess we had to make a new one. Johan all the way. He is so cool. Like he is so calm and yet so sly and just plain awesome. He is my hero XD
Old 2005-12-30, 06:16   Link #6
LadyVanilla

Hi all,

I'm back *like anyone would care around here* .. well at least I do, my acocunt was deleted after the forum was hacked, so this is my first NEW post, and I'm glad it is the post I will vote for Tenma in. I love Dr. Tenma, he's the real hero, helping all, trying his best .. handsome looking too lol .. well he's just a guy you can't help but love

P.S. For some reason, this Anime makes you like & feel sorry for everyone, even Johan!
Old 2006-01-02, 02:36   Link #7
grfd567

ahhh Tenma...Johan...Tenma...Johan...such hard decision...and then there's Grimmer, Nina , and many many more excellent characters. That's why i just love this series it has all these likeable and all these hateable characters, I just can't get enough of them.
But for now I will go for Tenma then.
Old 2006-01-02, 18:05   Link #8
Johan_the_Monster

It's Grimmer for me. The fact that it's so sad that...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-15, 00:23   Link #9
Mitsukage

Same as the first season poll, Runge got my vote.

His character is 'fascinating,' that's the only word I can use to describe my impression on him.
Old 2006-02-28, 20:27   Link #10
BPS
Banned

runge because of episode 72 :lol:
Old 2006-03-11, 23:14   Link #11
gibits
Endless

Why isn't Richard on here? I really liked his story and how he was about to redeem himself to his daughter.

I voted for Tenma because he always looks so broken and sloppy but his actions showed how determined he was.
Old 2006-03-12, 00:11   Link #12
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
Why isn't Richard on here?
Maximum is 10 for the poll unless a mod makes a new poll or edits this one.
Old 2006-03-20, 23:14   Link #13
Cirbo

My favorite was Grimmer, I also think his ending was better done than the actual series's ending .
Old 2006-03-25, 12:49   Link #14
Mumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
Why isn't Richard on here? I really liked his story and how he was about to redeem himself to his daughter.
I thought that the point of the scene with Johan was to show that he wasn't redeemed; he was lying to everyone and running from what he had done, rather than owning up to it and moving on. He was living a complete lie and while his exterior said that he was moving on and getting better, he clearly was not in the best shape emotionally or mentally.

For me, it is Johan. The most effective villain I've ever seen. <3
Old 2006-03-26, 16:30   Link #15
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumei
I thought that the point of the scene with Johan was to show that he wasn't redeemed; he was lying to everyone and running from what he had done, rather than owning up to it and moving on. He was living a complete lie and while his exterior said that he was moving on and getting better, he clearly was not in the best shape emotionally or mentally.

For me, it is Johan. The most effective villain I've ever seen. <3
The only person he was punishing was himself. He made himself a drunk, he pushed away his family, he threw his job away etc.

He did all that to try to fool others, yes but also to punish himself, but right before he died his self-imposed pugatory was at an end. What he did wasn't really a bad thing (if i saw a known serial killer on the street i'd shot him dead too) but he couldn't forgive himself, when he finally did Johan killed him. Which is why his death was so tragic.
Closed Thread