AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-15, 08:52   Link #2981
Kyosuke_Nanbu

He can use brute force approach because he knew everything to know about every style martial arts, every style of magic people can learn. And likely he fought every notable fighters in prevous loops so he can easily crush them
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 08:55   Link #2982
laon
Hantai

Actually in a straight fight I doubt it'll go as well as it did, Rudy could only damage Orsted to that extend thanks to well played trap which wouldn't work twice and if they both go seriously now Rudy can't do anything with Orsted's evasion and since he can only damage him with serious AOE, he wouldn't be able to do anything and it would be one sided again like when Orsted goes into close combat range. Also, since Orsted didn't suffer any damage from trap+3 AOE he would have enough magic to recover if Rudy somehow managed to land a hit.

Now if it's future Rudy I'm not sure, he was even mulling about killing Pergius so matter-of-factly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I think Rudeus mentioned somewhere that Pergius' familiars are all around king-class level, but not so sure about this one.

As for ultimate techniques of North God Style, I expect it to be something that manipulates touki.
Like creating a double with touki to make enemies sense and focus on the clone while the actual person goes in for a sneak attack.
I hope you didn't mistake it with my post here some pages ago lol, I don't think Rudy would know at which level Pergius' familiar unless someone told him about it.

That would be one underwhelming Ougi imo
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 09:17   Link #2983
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am wondering why these Sword Gods are getting in the way in the first place? I understand the Peacock Sword Style getting in the way because he is eccentric, but the Water Style God probably had some knowledge regarding the entire situation. Why did she participate, she is suppose to be the most normal and calm among her circle?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 09:25   Link #2984
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am wondering why these Sword Gods are getting in the way in the first place? I understand the Peacock Sword Style getting in the way because he is eccentric, but the Water Style God probably had some knowledge regarding the entire situation. Why did she participate, she is suppose to be the most normal and calm among her circle?
She had connection with Darius but not clear what it is

Also, Sword gods seems to be Hitogami pawns since the first gen .it was almost impossible for them to survive with just luck as Rudy pointed out
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 09:26   Link #2985
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-08-15, 09:38   Link #2986
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
She had connection with Darius but not clear what it is

Also, Sword gods seems to be Hitogami pawns since the first gen .it was almost impossible for them to survive with just luck as Rudy pointed out
Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Response:
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 09:45   Link #2987
Kaito Yamakage

Holy Object OBTAINED~

Spoiler for chapter 3~:

Last edited by Kaito Yamakage; 2014-08-25 at 15:44.
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 09:49   Link #2988
Nihgthawk

For all of the sword styles their is only ever one person at the God rank at a single time.

For Water God style swordsman their are five secret techniques and you need to master three of them to be considered God ranked. Reyda Liia mastered the two hardest of the five to learn and by combining them was able to use the sixth hidden technique Sword of Deprivation and this is why she is considered the strongest of the current Water God swordsmen. At the time of her death she was already over 60 and could only continue being a swordsman for a few more years.

For Sword God style swordsmen the secret technique is the Long Sword of Light. This is a skill most of the practitioners learn by the time they reach the Saint rank and from there its all about refining and mastering the technique and strengthening their swordsmanship to be considered for a rank up. Eris is officially at the rank of King in Sword God style but might actually be closer to the Emperor rank in terms of strength but chose not to take the test to see if she was because did not care about the title. The test she would have been given was to have a match with Ghyslaine and won.

As for how North God style swordsman are considered to reach God rank I have no idea since that has not been covered\translated yet.

Last edited by Nihgthawk; 2014-08-15 at 10:19.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 09:50   Link #2989
capablanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
North God(北神)'s ultimate technique is called [北斗神拳].

by the way, how did Eris feel when she fight her former teacher?
Quote:
Spoiler for Response:
Spoiler:
capablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 09:57   Link #2990
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
I do not think this is true. While it is true the some of the apostles of Hitogami are of the Emperor and God rank in terms of power that does not mean that ALL of those at that rank are apostles.
Spoiler for v18 ch12:

Last edited by Nihgthawk; 2014-08-15 at 10:11.
Old 2014-08-15, 10:01   Link #2991
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
For all of the sword styles their is only ever one person at the God rank at a single time.

For Water God style swordsman their are five secret techniques and you need to master three of them to be considered God ranked. Reyda Liia mastered the two hardest of the five to learn and by combining them was able to use the sixth hidden technique Sword of Deprivation and this is why she is considered the strongest of the current Water God swordsmen. At the time of her death she was already over 60 and could only continue being a swordsman for a few more years.

For Sword God style swordsmen the secret technique is the Long Sword of Light. This is a skill most of the practitioners by the time they reach the Saint rank and from there its all about refining and mastering the technique and strengthening their swordsmanship to be considered for a rank up. Eris is officially at the rank of King in Sword God style but might actually be closer to the Emperor rank in terms of strength but chose not to take the test to see if she was because did not care about the title. The test she would have been given was to have a match with Ghyslaine and won.

As for how North God style swordsman are considered to reach God rank I have no idea since that has not been covered\translated yet.
Thanks for this, I don't remember ever reading the tidbit about the sword god style, where is it from? I'm afraid that I have missed to read a chapter or simply skimmed through one and left important info like this behind.

Quote:
I do not think this is true. While it is true the some of the apostles of Hitogami are of the Emperor and God rank in terms of power that does not mean that ALL of those at that rank are apostles.
I also don't think this is true, if it was Gull would have been offed by Orsted when he challenged him in his younger day.
Old 2014-08-15, 10:17   Link #2992
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Thanks for this, I don't remember ever reading the tidbit about the sword god style, where is it from? I'm afraid that I have missed to read a chapter or simply skimmed through one and left important info like this behind.
Chapter 143.5 Side Story - 'Birth of a New Sword King'
You can find the translation on Vanant's Pastebin page.
Old 2014-08-15, 10:19   Link #2993
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:

Don't think I've read that, I remember that there were some Water God Emperors that have mastered at least 3 out of 5 secret techniques, but concede the title to Reyda because she has mastered the most difficult secret technique, which was the Sword of Deprivation. At the very least I don't remember it being mentioned that she created a 6th secret technique.

Quote:
I hope you didn't mistake it with my post here some pages ago lol, I don't think Rudy would know at which level Pergius' familiar unless someone told him about it.

That would be one underwhelming Ougi imo
Not sure which posts you were referring to, but I think I read it around April or May when I finished up to the latest volume at that time.

I feel like North God Style is all about breaking the opponent's pace by including various tricks and seemingly random movements. Since they also specialize in touki manipulation, it just came to me, but that's just based on my imagination. We will probably have to wait until the author introduces the actual North God.
It's quite funny that the closest we got to seeing the North God secret technique was in the fight against Atohfe, but Rudeus made a sneak attack with Lightning when she was screaming out the technique.
Old 2014-08-15, 10:33   Link #2994
Dementrus
Hououin Kyouma

Quote:
I feel like North God Style is all about breaking the opponent's pace by including various tricks and seemingly random movements. Since they also specialize in touki manipulation, it just came to me, but that's just based on my imagination. We will probably have to wait until the author introduces the actual North God.
It's quite funny that the closest we got to seeing the North God secret technique was in the fight against Atohfe, but Rudeus made a sneak attack with Lightning when she was screaming out the technique.
Hahaha, Rudeus feel like a villain, even in tokusatsu film the enemies never attack when the mc saying his move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
Holy Object OBTAINED~

Spoiler for chapter 3~:

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/188634
Damn, i'm late to post that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capablanca View Post
Spoiler:
Ooo... That's right, thank you.
------------------------------------------
Dementrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 10:37   Link #2995
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Don't think I've read that, I remember that there were some Water God Emperors that have mastered at least 3 out of 5 secret techniques, but concede the title to Reyda because she has mastered the most difficult secret technique, which was the Sword of Deprivation. At the very least I don't remember it being mentioned that she created a 6th secret technique.
It's more of a term of respect for the strongest that there is only one person ranked at the God rank at a time. As for the secret hidden technique I need to apologize a bit. Sword of Deprivation is one of the two strongest techniques for the Water God style and by combining it with one of the other techniques the final secret technique Deprivation Sword Kingdom is created. Here is a quote from a translation from a few pages back about this topic. It's a touched up machine translation but it still comes off readable so bare with me.
Spoiler for Quote:
Old 2014-08-15, 10:39   Link #2996
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Chapter 143.5 Side Story - 'Birth of a New Sword King'
You can find the translation on Vanant's Pastebin page.
Ah I see, that's why, I skipped all Eris' ss when I read ncode. Thanks for the tips, heading there!

Quote:
Not sure which posts you were referring to, but I think I read it around April or May when I finished up to the latest volume at that time.

Nevermind then.

Oh yeah, she was about to use Ougi that time, I forgot. Rudy has fought lots of North God practitioner during Ariel arc so it's probably only a matter of time.

By the way, the current North God is definitely stronger Atohfe, since he's below Sword God in seven major power monument (aka dead last, still better than unnamed like Atohfe). And he's probably Atohfe's son too...

^@nihgthawk
I prefer 『Deprivation Sword World』

It rhymes better
Old 2014-08-15, 10:46   Link #2997
Nihgthawk

『剥奪剣界』is the original text if someone wants to translate it real fast.

Also it's stated that Eris has reached Saint rank in North God style at the end of the Sharpening Fangs SS. Her teacher was Auber thou she was not particularly sad when he passed.
Old 2014-08-15, 11:00   Link #2998
laon
Hantai

Hakudatsu Ken Kai seems to be the romaji
Five of the seven TL machine I used agreed on "world"
Atlas think it's "field"
SysTran think it's "boundary"
Oh well whichever at least it get the point across anyway

I've just read ch 143.5, Longsword of Light is indeed an Ougi but he never said that there aren't any other... but since Gull Farion said to Eris that he doesn't have anything else to teach her I guess that's the only one in Sword God Style. Hmm but maybe if you can perfectly master LoL you can combine it with any style and every slash you make will be LoL, LoL combo, that'd be devastating.
Old 2014-08-15, 11:16   Link #2999
Nihgthawk

Quote:
I've just read ch 143.5, Longsword of Light is indeed an Ougi but he never said that there aren't any other... but since Gull Farion said to Eris that he doesn't have anything else to teach her I guess that's the only one in Sword God Style. Hmm but maybe if you can perfectly master LoL you can combine it with any style and every slash you make will be LoL, LoL combo, that'd be devastating.
You need to remember is that the Sword God styles main principle is to attack first with the strongest and fastest attack possible. Hence why the Longsword of Light is the only secret technique. It's simple but if you use perfect strength and perfect speed no one will be able to block or dodge it. In other words they are a one shot one kill style.
Old 2014-08-15, 11:31   Link #3000
Dormouse

Quote:
Hakudatsu Ken Kai seems to be the romaji
Five of the seven TL machine I used agreed on "world"
Atlas think it's "field"
SysTran think it's "boundary"
Oh well whichever at least it get the point across anyway

界 by itself has the semantic connotation of 'boundary' (and thus the meaning boundary is most correct), but depending on context in popular media, the meaning might be 'realm' or 'world'. This is especially true when it comes to chu2 stuff like skill names and the like (lol).

Also
Quote:
Eris is officially at the rank of King in Sword God style but might actually be closer to the Emperor rank in terms of strength but chose not to take the test to see if she was because did not care about the title.
I would wager that there's a possibility that Eris is at least at Emperor rank, as if I read correctly (been busy, havent actually double-checked ch143.5 yet) neither of the current Sword Emperors received 免許皆伝, but Eris did.

This either means:
1) She's literally 'completely mastered the Sword God school', whereas the Emperors haven't
2) The Emperors have also mastered the school technically(as in, in terms of techniques), and may or may not be stronger than Eris due to experience, but only Eris has shown the mettle/potential to become a Sword God

On the other hand, thus far in v18, there hasn't been any mention of a great difference in fighting potential between her and Ghislaine, so it's more likely to be the 2nd point.
Dormouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel