AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 56 26.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 39.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 19.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.43%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-21, 22:51   Link #261
DarthAndy

Send a message via MSN to DarthAndy
omg..I watched the episode like 4 times. I can't get enough of Mikuru's screaming like she's getting raped by Haruhi. It's just too cute
Old 2006-04-21, 22:56   Link #262
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Well i would too, if there were people like you wanting to go back.
Don't worry, I'd rather go forward than backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
Since when did banning not push people to do it the act that was banned?

Having time travel would be bad since irresponsible people would abuse it.
Of course it would have to be ruthlessly enforced, though hopefully the idea of what could happen if someone carelessly altered history would be enough of a deterrent. Of course I doubt it...

*wonders if traveling into the future to get a space battleship counts as abuse*
Old 2006-04-21, 22:58   Link #263
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Of course it would have to be ruthlessly enforced, though hopefully the idea of what could happen if someone carelessly altered history would be enough of a deterrent. Of course I doubt it...

*wonders if traveling into the future to get a space battleship counts as abuse*
Uhmm... I guess? As it is, humans can destroy the world many times over; with that we could [destroy the world many times over] ^n, where n approaches infinity
Quote:
Don't worry, I'd rather go forward than backward.
Right now, I want to travel forward to two days later, and then subsequent 7 days later.
Old 2006-04-21, 23:23   Link #264
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Quote:
Those who are responsible will stay responsible.
I don't quite agree with this. I've seen too many responsible and good people be corrupted by power. I just saw Utaware 1 yesterday, and the tax collector is one very good example of corruption happening.
Old 2006-04-21, 23:35   Link #265
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I don't quite agree with this. I've seen too many responsible and good people be corrupted by power. I just saw Utaware 1 yesterday, and the tax collector is one very good example of corruption happening.
So what are you going to do about it?
Hide all the technology from the good people?

Because those who are irresponsible will still get it, you know.

How in the world could we protect ourselves from malicious time travellers if we don't set up a policing system like in Timecop?

Next thing I know, you would want to ban guns from the policeforce so the thugs can shoot them dead.

Offer me ONE, just ONE way to make sure those who want to abuse time machines won't get their hands on one, if it is possible?
And banning time machines by law will do thing, by the way. Unless you think thugs follow laws.
Old 2006-04-21, 23:50   Link #266
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Hmm... you have a point. I guess not developing new technology wouldn't be a good idea, since we wouldn't be growing anymore then. Bah, humans.
Old 2006-04-21, 23:54   Link #267
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Hmm... you have a point. I guess not developing new technology wouldn't be a good idea, since we wouldn't be growing anymore then. Bah, humans.
You got the wrong idea.

New technology will be developed anyway. The only difference will be, only those who want to use it for bad things will have it.

How will you plan to stop developing new technology? At best, you stop all the honest scientists, good doctors, and kind physicists in doing their job at making the world a better place.

The megalomaniacs, the greedy, the thieves and the knaves will just laugh at you, spit in your face, and go on developing new ways of toying with, stealing from, and killing people. They always have, and always will be.
Old 2006-04-22, 00:00   Link #268
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

I got it, I said NOT developing new technology would NOT be a good idea, for the reasons you stated. Guess the real root would have to be human nature then.
Old 2006-04-22, 00:02   Link #269
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future. ~G.Orwell.
If that's your definition of how to control the future... it's cheaper to reprint all the history books ^_^
Old 2006-04-22, 00:02   Link #270
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
There is 1 way around the spiral issue that we've been resorting. Push the technological envelope in any way in order to outdo the opposition. If usage and abuse is inevitable, one must change faster to compensate and to survive.
That, my friend, is called the Red-Queen Effect.

You need to run as fast as you can, just to stay in exactly the same place.
Any slower, and you will go backwards.
Old 2006-04-22, 09:10   Link #271
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Haruhi is taking over yoooour mind!

Old 2006-04-22, 12:11   Link #272
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
???????????????

Ok after what I've seen I'm just going to say sight or story gag untill i have further info.
Old 2006-04-22, 12:34   Link #273
Bloodseeker

Mikuru > Haruhi

For cuteness factors alone. (that might change if Haruhi continues to climb up the awesomeness latter though, assuming that Mikuru doesn't follow)

Old 2006-04-22, 19:12   Link #274
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
... and this stuff gets odder. It seems that time travel going back and forth is doable if you invoke the idea of 'manifold', 'Hilbert space' and superstring to explain everything although it is a long stretch. Damn. It makes me feel that gr.10-12 physics is lying about how things work a little...
Technobabble for the win?
Old 2006-04-22, 19:21   Link #275
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Quote:
Ruthlessly exploiting Mikuru for fun and profit.
Now that you mention it, I feel really sorry for the computer club guys. It looks like an episode off Jigoku Shoujo. What if one of those guys would go and call her to get Haruhi? Okay, seriously, she was evil.
Old 2006-04-22, 20:00   Link #276
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I feel really sorry for the computer club guys. It looks like an episode off Jigoku Shoujo. What if one of those guys would go and call her to get Haruhi? Okay, seriously, she was evil.
There would be a new member of the SOS dan? Though I have no desire to see what Enma Ai looks like as a bunny girl.
Old 2006-04-22, 20:27   Link #277
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I have a feeling Ai would probably end up getting kidnapped into Haruhi's sos club and be force into a bunny suit herself
Old 2006-04-22, 21:06   Link #278
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Quote:
There would be a new member of the SOS dan? Though I have no desire to see what Enma Ai looks like as a bunny girl.
Quote:
I have a feeling Ai would probably end up getting kidnapped into Haruhi's sos club and be force into a bunny suit herself
... If ever I'd do an ED edit, I know who one of 'em is gonna be~ ^^
Old 2006-04-22, 22:21   Link #279
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I think its more likely Haruhi would force her into a goth loli outfit...

Haruhi showing off goth-loli-Ai to Kyon: "She's to capture all the attention of all the people who aren't 'moe' for large breasts girls like Mikuru!! I think its a great idea myself!!!"

...but don't you guys think one quiet un-emotional girl (Yuki) is already enough?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-22, 23:36   Link #280
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Why have one when you can have more?
Closed Thread