AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-18, 00:06   Link #2901
IndividualEleven

@TrueAlchemist Hey has there been any news about the release of Vol 17 yet? I know Volume 16 just released in some places.
IndividualEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 00:27   Link #2902
MRD143

At this point in the story I just can't see any way to break up the Big 3 of the Yotsuba. Maya will Kill anyone who tries to take Tatsuya from her. Tatsuya will Kill anyone who tries to take Myuki from him and Miyuki will kill anyone who tries to take Tatsuya from her. So the rest of the World better just start wishing for the Good Ending of being Dominated by One Person or suffering the Bad Ending of being Destroyed.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 00:47   Link #2903
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndividualEleven View Post
@TrueAlchemist Hey has there been any news about the release of Vol 17 yet? I know Volume 16 just released in some places.
It will be out in August most likely.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 00:58   Link #2904
solhaz

Given the extreme fear and paranoia to Tatsuya, do you think Yotsuba elders ever told their children all the truth about Tatsuya? Until now, Tatsuya power as S magician class and Taurus Silver was known to them but I don't recall they know about his strong emotion being removed. Even Miyuki as a modified magician isn't known to branch elders. These Yotsuba likes to keep secrets.

Yuuka's mother never told her all the truth about Tatsuya and Miyuki; seeing all the elders personalities, I kind of doubting they would even talk about Tatsuya unless it's necessary, it's more like a taboo subject to them.
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 02:50   Link #2905
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
The branch heads will never try to give away Tatsuya. While in the past that option was there, vol 16 makes it clear that Tatsuya is now indispensable to the Yotsuba due to his work with FLT.
He makes them immense amounts of money, he saves their asses in missions and he's their single strongest combat mage. With the advent of ESCAPES they absolutely can not cut him loose, because he's about to revolutionize energy production globally and there's a hell of a lot of money to be gained from that.
The issue with his monetary value of Silver first came up in this volume.
Even in vol.15, the narrator stated, Yotsuba's main source of income is dirty works that require them to hunt down magicians who betray Japan. Personally, I do not see this as a sign that branch leaders consider Tatsuya as indispensable, yet. I think, the branch leaders' distrust towards Tatsuya is still much bigger than any money can buy. Most of all, what is the point of money, if they still see Tatsuya as a demon that will ruin the family in the near future.

Personally, I think, the author is trying to set up a stage that may allow Yotsuba to change its occupation from modern day ninjas to magic technology tycoon. In vol.15's conversation between Mitsugu and Hayama, Mitsugu got mad at Hayama's comment about a magician being a weapon. After I read this scene, it was kind of funny because Yotsuba should be the last remaining TMC that sets its primary objective as producing stronger battle magicians. Anyway, the author is finally showing us how Tatsuya is planning to make Yotsuba clan to kneel before him without using force.
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Just read the translation of the Mitsugu and Tatsuya scene and even though its been said before, it needs saying again: Mitsugu Kuroba's a piece of shit who needs to be knocked upside the head at the very least.
I know people say the way the clan heads treat Tatsuya is due to the guilt they feel but I disagree. No one who feels guilt for anything would treat the object of their guilt the way Mitsugu did and has always done. He could barely stand to be in the same room as Tatsuya and I don't even know where he got the idea that he should be treated like a "senior" when he hasn't acted in any way befitting a senior.
I just loved how Tatsuya turned it all on him by pointing out the treasonous factors of his so-called "request".
Are you talking about the discussion between Tatsuya and Mitsugu at FLT?

Well, I have been saying exactly the same thing as you are. But, some guys keep saying they are feeling guilty. I agree on them feeling guilty; they are feeling guilty about making a walking WMD, but they do not feel any guilty or remorse towards Tatsuya.

From where I stand, branch leaders just cannot trust Tatsuya because of all the sh*t they did to Tatsuya. 1. they start the relationship by trying to kill Tatsuya 2. then, they took him away from his mother who did not know what is going on.(Tatsuya was taken unknowingly from Miya according to Maya.) 3. They turned him into cold blooded killer at young age. (I am betting, they did not force Fumiya, Yuuka, and Katsushige to take others' life at this age.) 4. they sealed his emotion and turn him into semi-machine. Again, from their standpoint, they cannot believe Tatsuya can be loyal to his family after what they did to him because if they are in Tatsuya's shoe, they would hate their own family to death.

This divides older generation and younger generation; even Katsushige does not understand why his father and his uncles are being d*ck and irrational towards Tatsuya while his value as trump card of Japan and Silver is so high. From my perspective, older generation may strongly believe, if Tatsuya's influence through the military continues to rise, Tatsuya may start a war against Yotsuba with the military behind his back.For the country's standpoint, Yotsuba may be the world strongest, but it cannot act as deterrence against foreign powers unlike Tatsuya. So, they may imagine the possibility of Tatsuya dragging the military and wipe out Yotsuba.

Again, I do not believe, they feel guilty. They are simply worrying about their butts getting fried by Tatsuya.
Personally, I feel like, the author may try to wipe them out because they went too far to reconcile with Tatsuya. Even Mitsugu claims himself as Tatsuya's enemy in the meeting at FLT even though Tatsuya saved him from being disabled by Zhou. I feel like, unless Tatsuya saves the clan with his influence or power or saves lives of young generations from Black Sage or 3rd party, it will be very hard to fix the relationship between Tatsuya and losers from branch families. Anyway, I feel like 10MC Arc may show us, whether older generations and Tatsuya can reconcile each other or not.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-05-18 at 03:32.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 03:56   Link #2906
TrueAlchemist

Guys, I just remember one thing;
In this volume, Miyuki manages to confess to Tatsuya and gets an opportunity to call Tatsuya as "Tatsuya-san". I think, it is funny because in vol.15, Mayumi tried to call Tatsuya as "Tatsuya-san", but she failed because Tatsuya did not play along with her. In vol.15, I thought, Mayumi finally caught up with Miyuki, but seems like, Miyuki manages to move several steps ahead of Mayumi in this volume.

By the way, do you guys think, Mayumi will call Tatsuya as "Tatsuya-San" or "Tatsuya-Kun" in 10MC selection event? It is unfortunate, but Mayumi may not be able to put her guard down against Tatsuya any more.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 04:18   Link #2907
expertsource

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
In this volume, Miyuki manages to confess to Tatsuya and gets an opportunity to call Tatsuya as "Tatsuya-san". I think, it is funny because in vol.15, Mayumi tried to call Tatsuya as "Tatsuya-san", but she failed because Tatsuya did not play along with her. In vol.15, I thought, Mayumi finally caught up with Miyuki, but seems like, Miyuki manages to move several steps ahead of Mayumi in this volume.

By the way, do you guys think, Mayumi will call Tatsuya as "Tatsuya-San" or "Tatsuya-Kun" in 10MC selection event? It is unfortunate, but Mayumi may not be able to put her guard down against Tatsuya any more.
i wonder what will miyuki call tatsuya in front of everyone? she is known as him fiance now. what will she call him? tatsuya-san? tatsuya-sama? she can't call him onii-sama again, right? right?
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 04:36   Link #2908
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
i wonder what will miyuki call tatsuya in front of everyone? she is known as him fiance now. what will she call him? tatsuya-san? tatsuya-sama? she can't call him onii-sama again, right? right?
Onii-sama, that's what he told her to do.

Quote:

I don't see Mayumi at the meeting, she is not the heir, Koichi will go with the heir or his two sons, but not Mayumi with her recent actions, she will be a burden to him.
Old 2015-05-18, 04:56   Link #2909
expertsource

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Onii-sama, that's what he told her to do.

I don't see Mayumi at the meeting, she is not the heir, Koichi will go with the heir or his two sons, but not Mayumi with her recent actions, she will be a burden to him.
i know that tatsuya told her to call himself onii-sama again, my point is that everyone will think they as fiance. how can she call him onii-sama while they are fiance in front of everyone.
didn't you understand this point? for example, in school, everyone learned that they are from yotsuba and cousions and fiances, even branch leaders don't know the truth. maybe she call him onii-sama while they are alone, but in puclic she must call him other than anyhing onii-sama. therefore, she can't call him onii-sama. then what will she call him in front of everyone?

furthermore, i think we will see the change of relationship between tatsuya and miyuki really fast because of this reason. they will get used to call each other as fiances.
Old 2015-05-18, 05:00   Link #2910
Echizen777

Quote:
i know that tatsuya told her to call himself onii-sama again, my point is that everyone will think they as fiance. how can she call him onii-sama while they are fiance in front of everyone.
didn't you understand this point? for example, in school, everyone learned that they are from yotsuba and cousions and fiances, even branch leaders don't know the truth. maybe she call him onii-sama while they are alone, but in puclic she must call him other than anyhing onii-sama. therefore, she can't call him onii-sama. then what will she call him in front of everyone?
He didn't tell her to call him like that in private, he toldd her to continue to call him Oniis-sama, so she will keep calling him like that. Even though he is her fiancé, they are still considered as cousins, calling him Onii-sama is not unfeasible, pretty sure someone will ask the same question next volume.
Old 2015-05-18, 05:21   Link #2911
expertsource

Quote:
He didn't tell her to call him like that in private, he toldd her to continue to call him Oniis-sama, so she will keep calling him like that. Even though he is her fiancé, they are still considered as cousins, calling him Onii-sama is not unfeasible, pretty sure someone will ask the same question next volume.
i'm sure someone will ask either because what you said is indeed unfeasible, and also illogical.
Old 2015-05-18, 05:27   Link #2912
Echizen777

Quote:
i'm sure someone will ask either because what you said is indeed unfeasible, and also illogical.
Why? He's the one who told her to continue calling him Onii-sama, they are now considered cousins. They said Minami is their cousin and she called them Tatsuya Onii-sama and Miyuki Onee-sama in public.
Old 2015-05-18, 05:30   Link #2913
somerand

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with her calling an older cousin "Onii-sama", although it is slightly weird given the fact that they are engaged. Everyone at school must be used to her calling him by that term though, so I doubt anyone would find it weird or question them about it.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 06:13   Link #2914
solhaz

Quote:
I wonder about that too though I bet Miyuki want to call Tatsuya as Tatsuya-san more than Onii-sama. She already called him 'Tatsuya-san' in front of everyone during the family party just to keep the facade (and I don't see Tatsuya objects) so it's possible she will call him Tatsuya-san too in the public.
Old 2015-05-18, 06:22   Link #2915
Ultragunner

It would be hilarious if Miyuki called him "Darling" in front of everyone , but I doubt she's that bold (for now...), hell she'd faint on the spot if she even thought about it
Old 2015-05-18, 06:23   Link #2916
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Miyuki is famous because she call Tatsuya oni sama. This is the proof oniisama . It even give me nightmare
Old 2015-05-18, 06:25   Link #2917
TheLaG

Quote:

I don't see any problems with Tatsuya being Yotsuba, I think she won't change her behavior I think it will be opposite As for next arc, it think Mayumi won't be doing anything much, maybe some one/two events with her "spoiled One-sama" doing
TheLaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 06:35   Link #2918
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Frog View Post
Miyuki is famous because she call Tatsuya oni sama. This is the proof oniisama . It even give me nightmare
LOL that's because she believes they're siblings but now they're officially couple, she might want to call Tatsuya-san more. Isn't it good now that 'Onii-sama' won't give you any nightmare anymore if she called him Tatsuya-san?
Old 2015-05-18, 07:11   Link #2919
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by solhaz View Post
I wonder about that too though I bet Miyuki want to call Tatsuya as Tatsuya-san more than Onii-sama. She already called him 'Tatsuya-san' in front of everyone during the family party just to keep the facade (and I don't see Tatsuya objects) so it's possible she will call him Tatsuya-san too in the public.
Was it before or after Tatsuya told her to call him Onii-sama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
It would be hilarious if Miyuki called him "Darling" in front of everyone , but I doubt she's that bold (for now...), hell she'd faint on the spot if she even thought about it
She is... If her jealousy is triggered, she might call him like that.
Old 2015-05-18, 07:19   Link #2920
solhaz

Quote:
Was it before or after Tatsuya told her to call him Onii-sama?

After; It is during Tatsuya wants to show off his new magic to the Yotsuba family. she called him "Onii...Tatsuya-san" like that. So I think if even in the family they will play the facade, they will keep it in the public too.

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy