AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 25 (End) Rating
Perfect 10 44 58.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 18.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-29, 12:39   Link #121
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Because it was originally just a sex-supplied temporary magic link and when they rewrote it for the PS2 they didn't change anything related to the sex scenes other than the sex scenes themselves.
They did though: Rin losing her Magic Crest.
Old 2015-06-29, 13:03   Link #122
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Did they show that in the anime? I have only read Fate/Stay Night with the original scenes.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-29, 13:17   Link #123
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
I agree. The dialogue after that conversation even confirms this! Especially since this is the last conversation between Rin and Shirou in UBW!
Your images are broken, so I re-post them for you:

HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-29, 14:09   Link #124
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

^ Lol! They look fine from my end!
Old 2015-06-29, 14:31   Link #125
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Did they show that in the anime? I have only read Fate/Stay Night with the original scenes.
Yes, they showed the RN version of the VN in the anime, incuding the crest transfer.
Old 2015-06-29, 17:09   Link #126
GDB

Quote:
When did that ever get mentioned outside of the replacement sex scene itself?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-29, 17:14   Link #127
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Yes, they showed the RN version of the VN in the anime, incuding the crest transfer.
I meant the part where Rin losses her whole Magic Crest. I got the impression from the anime that she only lost a part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
When did that ever get mentioned outside of the replacement sex scene itself?
And I also like to know this.
Old 2015-06-29, 17:24   Link #128
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I am basing it on the fact that it is portrayed to be a "huge deal" in the RN UBW scene, but in HF when it's outright stated that Rin transfers "a part of her magic crest" to raise Shirou's magic resistence, none of the characters really seemed to care.
Old 2015-06-29, 17:40   Link #129
chaos_alfa

Quote:
I am basing it on the fact that it is portrayed to be a "huge deal" in the RN UBW scene, but in HF when it's outright stated that Rin transfers "a part of her magic crest" to raise Shirou's magic resistence, none of the characters really seemed to care.
I don't recall Rin doing that in Heaven's Feel, but it has been some time since I read the visual novel. I have probably forgotten that part.

What happened that it was necessary for Rin to transfer part of her magic crest to Shirou in HF?
Old 2015-06-29, 19:07   Link #130
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I don't recall Rin doing that in Heaven's Feel, but it has been some time since I read the visual novel. I have probably forgotten that part.

What happened that it was necessary for Rin to transfer part of her magic crest to Shirou in HF?
According to Rin it would make Shirou able to better withstand the shadow's "touch" in a possible next encounter with it. Well it did probably help in the finale when Shirou was approaching Sakura to save her, with the shadow resisting.
Old 2015-07-01, 13:40   Link #131
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I have a very pessimistic expectation about the epilogue
but they just opened it with Juvia-Rin's banter which I love so much
Shirou also managed to say farewell to Saber properly
Waver-Shirou's conversation is also very deep

Even if Shirou went to the same redemption way, Rin would accompany him wherever he go

I agree that Rin is uber-MOE in this episode... I don't know how many times my heart got pierced by that smile... adult-non-twintail Rin is totally hit the fans hard in the heart

As expected, I really prefer UBW ending over other routes.. It is not as depressing and as dark as other ending... it is very heartwarming

10/10
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 22:28   Link #132
Iron Maw
Banned

Well, that was pretty good closure. I supposed that was to be expected they had an entire episode devoted to it. Shirou going to Mage Association with Rin certainly wasn't something I was expecting. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to amount to much in changing his own future. Speaking of which since the anime doesn't address this; does the VN ever talk about what happened to Rin before, during and after Shirou becomes a Guardian?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 03:14   Link #133
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Shirou doesn't become a Guardian after UBW. At the very least, he doesn't become Archer, and I find it very difficult to believe that there are multiple copies of the same Heroic Spirit in the Throne of Heroes.

So to answer your question, no, the VN never talks about it. What we saw in the Epilogue here is the furthest we've ever seen forward in their story, as the VN ends with them still in Japan.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 03:58   Link #134
Geburah

Word of God stated that the chances of Shirou becoming Archer after each route is extremely low
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 04:09   Link #135
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, word of god says that none of the Shirou's from the three routes--Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, Heaven's Feel--become Archer. Just that the Fate route most closely resembles the sequence of events that resulted in Archer, with some deviations here and there that were significant to the development of who would become known as Archer, IIRC.
Old 2015-07-02, 19:25   Link #136
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Shirou doesn't become a Guardian after UBW. At the very least, he doesn't become Archer, and I find it very difficult to believe that there are multiple copies of the same Heroic Spirit in the Throne of Heroes.

So to answer your question, no, the VN never talks about it. What we saw in the Epilogue here is the furthest we've ever seen forward in their story, as the VN ends with them still in Japan.
Huh, I see then. The anime ending's mostly defeatist attitude concerning inevitably and Rin not being there at the very end felt like was moving that direction.

Shame about Rin though, especially since she has been becoming an ever growing source of emotional strength for him. At the very least she seems play good part in preventing him becoming Archer. I can only guess that one possibility is that she might have died at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No, word of god says that none of the Shirou's from the three routes--Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, Heaven's Feel--become Archer. Just that the Fate route most closely resembles the sequence of events that resulted in Archer, with some deviations here and there that were significant to the development of who would become known as Archer, IIRC.
Heh that's pretty ironic since from what I understand that was the route where everything worked out for Shirou. So just by going UBW route from the onset he was already distractingly lowering his chances of becoming Archer.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 23:43   Link #137
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
Word of God stated that the chances of Shirou becoming Archer after each route is extremely low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The way I've seen it, you're both right. There was a chance, however small, for Shirou to become Archer after each of the three routes, but in each case, he didn't. It's like buying a lottery ticket. Even if I buy a lottery ticket that eventually loses, there was still a chance at the time I bought it that I could win.
Old 2015-07-03, 00:32   Link #138
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't see how he has a small chance at becoming Archer in Heaven's Feel. :k Unless you're making a smartass remark about his arm.
Old 2015-07-07, 16:03   Link #139
hoshino_crimsonwings

To the guys who knew it was Waver, how did you find out? Apart from the credits.
Old 2015-07-07, 16:05   Link #140
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshino_crimsonwings View Post
To the guys who knew it was Waver, how did you find out? Apart from the credits.
We have official art of Waver as an adult and he looked just like that.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100806012253