AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-05-09, 18:07   Link #121
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
(Just pointing out that again, that's not a second season announcement. That's the announcement of the two episode OVA.)
No. It's another Negima production. A real, TV anime season for Negima.

And yes, there's official confirmation posted at MOONPHASE.

Both Shaft and Gainax will be teaming up for producing animation, and Akiyuki Shinbou, from both Paniponi and Tsukuyomi fame, will be the director.

Then, the previous Negima anime is labeled Kuro-rekishi and should never be mentioned again.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 18:14   Link #122
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Really Great news to hear that, but Are they going to do the whole story again or just another (own compiled) story ?
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 18:42   Link #123
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido

Both Shaft and Gainax will be teaming up for producing animation, and Akiyuki Shinbou, from both Paniponi and Tsukuyomi fame, will be the director.

Then, the previous Negima anime is labeled Kuro-rekishi and should never be mentioned again.

Gainax?!!! Whoa, now THAT's fu**ed up!!!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 22:15   Link #124
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

OMG Gainax. Poor Negima, either Negi will turn out to be Jesus, get hit with a Vespa, or they will do a future flashback where Negi is 40 and hunting all the other Mages.

Hehe of course you need to have seen all of those to get it.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 23:26   Link #125
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:

Yes, your link is for a different season of Negima. Of course, that's completely different than the other links that were posted (which were, again, for the OVAs). I believe the link that the earlier person meant to include was this one.
Neosam's scoop
And your Moonphase link as well.

Great news!

EDIT: Though I do have to admit the Gainax part somewhat weirds me out.
Old 2006-05-30, 12:42   Link #126
rooboy
Umeboshi!

R1 DVD release dates set for 08/01.

Special Edition
Regular Edition

Volume 2 set for 09/05, meaning they're keeping with the monthly release schedule that was planned.

EDIT: Also, according to Funi reps at Anime Boston 2006, the first disc will contain 6 episodes. There will be a collector's edition for each disc (similar to how Scrapped Princess was released, I believe). Extras are supposed to include a unique character figurine with each collector's edition.

ANN Link
Old 2006-05-30, 16:10   Link #127
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

If it weren't for episode 19, I'd happily dropkick the whole first season into /dev/null.
As it is, I feel nastily compelled to at least archive it for the few minutes of several episodes plus ep 19.

Perhaps the second season will free me
Old 2006-06-01, 04:29   Link #128
eggplant
Eggplant

The Negima! OVA site is up, not much except for details regarding staff and the opening/ending songs.

Apparently, the limited edition of the Negima! tankoubon volume 15 (out on Aug 15) will come with a 5 minute digest DVD of the spring OVA.

Hm, OVAs usually have better artwork than its anime series counterpart due to more budget and time leeway, and although the animators are different from the first anime series, the design surely look different, albeit in a negative way, both from the anime and Akamatsu-sensei's art.
Maybe it's just the eyes, but Eva gives me Becky vibes.

Since the second TV season is basically going to have the same staff as the OVA, I'm already feeling skeptical.

Hope that upcoming news will erase such doubts.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 06:16   Link #129
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

GAHH, so confused,
could some 1 put up a little list of the OVA's that where released and when, ive tried to piece together info from this thread but pieces arent fitting for me =[
Also is it confirmed, a new MSN series?
Also does any1 have any screenshots of the new OVA i would like to see the new designs.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 15:05   Link #130
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Is this a correction or what?

According to moonphase on 5/28 they issued a correction that Gainax was no longer part of the crew. Can anyone confirm? Babel fish says something about an apology but my Kanji is nonexistent.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20060528

Old 2006-06-02, 15:54   Link #131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That wouldn't be "terrible" if Gainax were out of the picture... but like most preproduction work I'm sure we'll get a lot of changing data about what eventually will happen.

As best as I can tell (my level of reading probably isn't a lot better), the data that Gainax was involved was simply incorrect and Moonphase is apologizing for that. Only SHAFT seems to be involved...

It may have been totally incorrect or it may be that Gainax's participation was just tentative and later decided otherwise.

There was a couple of images of the advertising and character design posted in a thread a few months ago..... I'll see if I can spot it when I get a moment.

The site mentioned above has a taste of the new designs http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/n...ova/index.html -- they have a PPD/TMP flavor to them (as one might expect from the staff that did PPD and Moon Phase). Not Ken's style really --- but I'm fine with it as long as the story isn't written by a pack of retarded monkeys on meth this time. The style works fine with Evangeline and Negi ... it takes a bit of getting used to with the others - but then I'm fine with fanworks that draw characters in different styles as long as they're well done. If I can look at a character drawn well in a different style and still say "Oh that's <charactername>!!!", they've done a good job.

edit: Ah.. here are the best posts summarizing the OVAs (with some good scans of the characters):
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=134
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=133
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...7&postcount=89

Notice that the Kodansha announcement never mentions Gainax, only SHAFT.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-06-02 at 16:59.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 20:23   Link #132
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

You know I just noticed that the OVA says Gansis. I wonder if someone thought that was Gainax.

Old 2006-06-08, 05:24   Link #133
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i very much do not like the new evangeline look.

however, i definately have not gotten my fill of asuna wielding a big stick. so i hope they give her the stronger position that she should have had in the original series. remember, negie is the weak one, asuna lets him take down the names.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 10:48   Link #134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm getting confused again about the Spring OVA .... was it not ever released?
I've not seen any fansubs (much less raws) floating about.

A previous poster mentioned the summer OVA looming on aug 15. Anyone have information?
Old 2006-06-08, 11:33   Link #135
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

After seeing those new character designs I've suddenly lost all interest in the new season. While the first season designs were very simple with minimal shading, they were still nice. And PPD's and Tsukoyomi's designs were nice and cute and stuff. But kind of melding the two together like this... well, I can't say I like it at all. Eva looks truly horrible, and she's one of my top three fave characters, so that's really a bad thing.

Here's hoping they look better in the actual series.

Incidentally I still don't see why everyone bashes season 1 so much. Must be a 'manga is best' mentality that I don't have, because I enjoyed it greatly.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 12:03   Link #136
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Incidentally I still don't see why everyone bashes season 1 so much. Must be a 'manga is best' mentality that I don't have, because I enjoyed it greatly.
Two main reasons for the season 1 bashing:

1. Poor character designs and animation from Xebec;
2. the fact that Xebec seriously swayed away from the original manga source (it's supposed to be a fantasy shounen title) and focused too much on the harem aspect.
Old 2006-06-08, 13:29   Link #137
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

Im just seriously disapointed in the anime, the manga was my favorit one ever and I was soooo looking forward to the anime then POW they killed it and I droped the F bomb!
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 17:07   Link #138
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Even ignoring the manga and treating the anime as a standalone it had serious problems with animation and storyline. They replaced the entire staff around ep 11 and it got a little better but the time budget had already been shot.
Old 2006-06-08, 17:19   Link #139
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Did you ever see Animation Runner Kuromi 2? That reminds me of Negima's problems so much.

'I don't care about the Quality as long as it is done on time'

Old 2006-06-08, 19:06   Link #140
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Basically, with that first season of Negima, Xebec demonstrated quite obviously how it is so unlike KyoAni...
The only upside is I got some nice character CDs and figurines out of it.

The SHAFT people... well, we'll just have to see. The art is PPD/TMPish and seems a bit harsh/severe. I found the original pics:

Obviously a different artstyle than Ken A. but like good fan art, recognizable as the characters. Given their past work, I'm going to give them a pass for now and see what they do with it.... but then we have to have the OVAs handy to have a clue, eh?