AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-15, 07:20   Link #101
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Well just check it out, MS Igloo is only 3 eps so its worth doing so. The name Apocalypse actually refers to the fact that eps 4-6 of MS Igloo take place during near the end of the One Year War when they were literally fighting all out while the original MS Igloo took place at the beginning to the end of the first half of the war. If you watch the first series then the characters will seem alot more fleshed out to you.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 07:25   Link #102
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The thing is, I'm pretty disappointed at the first episode of Apocalypse. But I do finish series I start blogging, so I'd just wait for the next two episodes. I'll probably look into the first 'three' or whatever, but I'm not too keen on them.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 03:51   Link #103
lt_shiro

Next two episodes I have high hopes for them. Next unit on testing lines should be big daddy himself MS-14 Gelgoog. Which should bring either Char or Johnny Raiden as the test pilot for the unit.
lt_shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 07:09   Link #104
MooMooFarm

I gotta say, MS Igloo? I was half expecting some giant robot made of ice blocks or something with penguins being shot out of an ice slide. Where do they get these names? XD
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 07:14   Link #105
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'd also like to know why it's dubbed MS Igloo. For the most part, Gundam titles have been either about the primary Gundam in the series. I doubt there's an Igloo Gundam in here, though.
Old 2006-06-16, 13:14   Link #106
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

MS Igloo is supposed to mean a place where no-one wants to go. Igloo's are found in remote places and the theme of MS Igloo series is that it covers projects or battles that history wants nothing to do with.
Old 2006-06-17, 02:20   Link #107
MooMooFarm

Really? When I think of Igloo I think of silly little snowmen and penguins running around. I mean, I really thought it had something to do with a Haro Haro parody being Santa Clause.
Old 2006-06-17, 03:12   Link #108
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I don't know, the words Igloo Gundam make me associate it with something cool, both literally and figuratively.
Old 2006-06-17, 05:45   Link #109
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

You kinda get over the name after watching it for a while.......anyway its better then naming every series after the main MS at least.
Old 2006-06-17, 07:10   Link #110
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's still weird, though. But it would be fun to see the mecha design if ever that Igloo Gundam existed. lol
Old 2006-06-17, 22:30   Link #111
Kasrkin Squad
For the Emperor

Send a message via AIM to Kasrkin Squad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protto
so was that the part where char chased amuro all the way to south america and then they had this struggle inside the cave? Everyone was getting ready for lift off.
Yes and no. The plan was already set to send up the Tianem fleet however the invasion of Jaburo took place on the 30th of November and the fleet launches on the 13th of December.

Bascially what happened at Jaburo was that Char was chasing the White Base and managed to find the location of a number of Jaburo's entrances. He decided it would be best to launch an attack on the place and calls the California base to send reinforcements for the attack. The base was planning on attack Jaburo again at some point but this caught them off gaurd and they sent what they could. (I say this because some timelines mention that the Zeons attack Jaburo in September but are defeated.)

Rau once said in GSeed "They say the best way to slay the beast is to cut off it's head." Char was hoping to do the same to the Federation and destroy the White Base. Once his reinforcements arrive he launches an attack. (How he does so depends on how you look at it.) For example in the TV series he launches a conventional attack which fails and then he goes in for a commando raid to take out what ever he can in Jaburo. (GM factories and the GMs they have already completed.) In the movie version Char launches a conventional attack and a command raid at the same time. Either way they both end in failure the factories aren't destoryed, the White Base is fine, and the base defense forces repel and destroy most of the attack forces.

On to MS Igloo I can't say I care for it much. Which is unfortunate because of how bad Gundam has been doing. (GSD) First thing I hated about this was the first episode. God that Salamis crusier was so fast I was questioning the point of using mobile suits and that Battle of Loum was well patheticly bad. The stories are alright nothing special I hope the next episode does something different the episodes are starting to get too similiar. (Basically a new test weapon is sent to the 603rd along with a pilot that will eventual die at the end testing what ever weapon was sent.) I also don't like that some of those weapons seem "over powered" especailly that mobile tank good God that would have owned the Federation. (Until Amuro or what ever random ace comes by.)

Finally for the love of all that is good in this universe stop making new units. I will let all the prototype weapons slide but seriously did we honestly need a Core Booster II. The orginal is fine aside from the fact you get to sell more model kits is there really a need for a new Core Fighter. The old one was perfectly fine would it kill these guys just to use the old design it isn't that bad. (No where near as bad as the G-armor.)
Kasrkin Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 06:25   Link #112
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin Squad
I also don't like that some of those weapons seem "over powered" especailly that mobile tank good God that would have owned the Federation. (Until Amuro or what ever random ace comes by.)
Uh... It got defeated without Amuro or a random ace coming by. In fact, it got defeated by a group of Zaku.

Quote:
Finally for the love of all that is good in this universe stop making new units. I will let all the prototype weapons slide but seriously did we honestly need a Core Booster II. The orginal is fine aside from the fact you get to sell more model kits is there really a need for a new Core Fighter. The old one was perfectly fine would it kill these guys just to use the old design it isn't that bad. (No where near as bad as the G-armor.)
They're still selling Core Booster models? News to me.
Old 2006-06-18, 13:08   Link #113
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
The Core Booster II could have technically just been meant as a retcon of the original Core Booster.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 22:36   Link #114
reinloch

Quote:
God that Salamis crusier was so fast I was questioning the point of using mobile suits and that Battle of Loum was well patheticly bad.
Whoever gave the notion that cruisers/battleships have smaller max velocity than mobile suits?

There is nothing wrong with the Battle of Loum, which is reminiscent of the naval battlelines fighting a decisive battle in the dreadnought era.

Quote:
I also don't like that some of those weapons seem "over powered" especailly that mobile tank good God that would have owned the Federation.
Overpowered? It got taken out. For the materials and resources required to build that tank, how many Zakus can be built? Can it operate in space?

Overall, I enjoy the tactics being used by both sides in Igloo compared to the godawful SeeD.
reinloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 22:58   Link #115
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
I still maintain that the Salamis wasn't really moving that fast, it was a visual trick produced by the sudden closeup and the moving stars.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 01:45   Link #116
flamingtroll

I don't understand why people think the Salamis are too fast, seeing how Zakus zips by like funnels in the show. Is just that the relative speed of all things are faster now. In fact I would even think it is more realistic to see ships being able to pull off emergency maneuvers like that to evade enemy fire rather than being a ship-shaped giant turret. And for the "moving star", i tend to think of it as space debris . You can't have star moving unless the ships are traveling at warp speed. Or it could just be crappy effect
flamingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 05:21   Link #117
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

You have to consider Zaku's are more maneuvreable and much lighter than a battleship.....of course they'll look more agile zipping round a battleship which because of its weight keeps going forward. But there is no way they'll be faster period, they just can't give that much output, you have to consider theres no friction in space so a few boosts in a few directions is obviously gonna make them look like a fly.
Old 2006-06-19, 17:22   Link #118
lt_shiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
You have to consider Zaku's are more maneuvreable and much lighter than a battleship.....of course they'll look more agile zipping round a battleship which because of its weight keeps going forward. But there is no way they'll be faster period, they just can't give that much output, you have to consider theres no friction in space so a few boosts in a few directions is obviously gonna make them look like a fly.

As that fidde pilot said from episode 3 "...Mobile suits should fight mobile suit..."
lt_shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 12:03   Link #119
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

Seems MAHQ.net got pics of both the IGLOO Rick DOM and the GELGOOG(with pilot name).
Rather nice colours for the Gelgoog, looking forward to the next episode if we get to see both DOMs and Gelgoog in action
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 20:10   Link #120
MooMooFarm

:P I watched the first episode and I'm just like woah....XD never thought I could appreciate char piloting a Zaku even more then I did. All they needed was to make him do the super kick and we'd be set :P