AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 198 45.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 20.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 70 16.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 7.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 1.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.46%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-17, 17:09   Link #201
cloudninja

My take on ending:

Spoiler:
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 17:29   Link #202
OshadowO

I liked the ending but in the end the whole king aruthur thing really weirded me out. Even his/her/its(?) knight was a girl. Or wait was that a guy?

That aside they did a good job on it in the end. They showed a resolution for all the main characterss, and even though they ignored some stuff (archer, shinji gone missing, the temple and its residents) those things almost didn't seem that important in the end.

9/10.
OshadowO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 17:40   Link #203
V-Slasher

I liked the ending. 9/10. Come on a happy ending would have been ridiculous.
V-Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 17:42   Link #204
monster

Wow, I thought I'd be sad knowing that Saber leaves, but after watching the last two episodes, I just have this warm happy feeling inside. It's a beautiful ending, especially for Saber. I'm glad to have the chance to see this anime, it's been a very enjoyable experience overall. Goodbye King Arthur, may you enjoy the continuation of your dream as I've enjoyed Fate/stay night.

P.S. And goodbye to this subforum, it's been an interesting experience being the invisible member just reading all the posts here.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 17:57   Link #205
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OshadowO
That aside they did a good job on it in the end. They showed a resolution for all the main characterss, and even though they ignored some stuff (archer, shinji gone missing, the temple and its residents) those things almost didn't seem that important in the end.

9/10.
I forgot about that aspect. Part of what makes this ep so great was the amount of closure it had. Of course quite a few plot holes remained, and even more mysteries, but at least it had an epilogue.

AN EPILOGUE! I have no idea why so many series out there (both in anime AND manga) are missing this.
Old 2006-06-17, 18:26   Link #206
Lumir

Its too bad saber had to return to her period in time right at the time of king arthurs death. I aplude the correct story usage, as the king did ask to have the sword returned to the lady in the lake. Some speculate the carrier didnt throw it back in.

Its to bad shiroxsaber wasnt the outcome, but a great ending overall. And OMG Gilgamesh wasnt so evil after all! lol!

The whole series was great and i intend to add it to my collection.

10/10
Old 2006-06-17, 18:34   Link #207
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Gilgamesh was just the way i like it, looking cool and covered in blood. what a better way to die and look cool at the same time.

the ending was alright... it just doesnt feel like its over. i hope they will make some ovas or somthin cuz i was expecting shiuro to use ultimate blade works, etc etc. and now that sabre is outta the picture, time for more ren screen time.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 18:36   Link #208
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I don't think Saber died under the tree. I just think she went back to sleep...a long LONG LONG sleep. Like a fifteen hundred year sleep till Rin flies over to London for more magic training and sees a cute blondie with a trademark antenna and a body almost too tiny to notice under a tree.

I wanna see FHA animated...and make sure to put lots of Onsen moments, like Rin and Rider having a tussle in a hotsprings!
Old 2006-06-17, 18:41   Link #209
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
I wanna see FHA animated...and make sure to put lots of Onsen moments, like Rin and Rider having a tussle in a hotsprings!
You'll never see that happen, never.
Old 2006-06-17, 18:50   Link #210
kamikazex

10/10 pro epsode even though not my preferred ending
fsn is still the best
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 18:52   Link #211
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
You'll never see that happen, never.
Such optimisim who knows they just might attempt it, never IS a long time although if its just going to be a fanservicy onsen thing with the Fate/stay night girls then I'd pass -.-
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 19:22   Link #212
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

1/10. This episode was SUCH a disappointment.

FSN FAILS BADLY. Honestly, the last ~9-10 eps have been AWFUL.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 19:36   Link #213
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Yes, agree. This anime totally failed in the second half, and the ending wasn't nearly good enough to redeem it.

I thought the fights in this ep were horribly cliched for shounen action, and too much of the explanation behind Saber's fate was left to the audience to figure out for themselves. The epilogue meant nothing to me, since the characters (that are still alive) didn't do enough to win me over during the course of the story, so I really didn't care what happened to them.

Overall, I think this anime can be summed up by words like "disappointing" and "underwhelming". I think it's safe to say that the hype didn't justify the final product.

Edit: On the bright side, Shirou gets a loli for his troubles. I suppose that's a good point.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 19:38   Link #214
elite-dreams
Boku no matsuro

Spoiler:

if they made a movie wow, it'll probably be very interesting. Like a movie about afterwords, in her continueing dream. Sorta like how they made Fullmetal Alchemist the movie[with the afterwords events]
elite-dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 19:54   Link #215
DrewGSR

Definately enjoyed the series and bummed to see that its finaly over since it was one of the shows i looked forward to each and every week. I was fien wit hthe ending but yea i wanted to see some UBW!!!
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 20:10   Link #216
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-dreams
Spoiler:
In a sense, yeah, Saber is not completely dead yet when she became a heroic spirit. I remember someone mentioning that she's not a full-fledged heroic spirit somewhere. I still find it sad for Saber to interpret the whole thing as a dream but hey, there are some good things about dreams and I'm sure the feelings Saber had for Shirou....for that dream of hers...its not something she'll forget, just like Shirou's feelings for her. And since she's gotten back her sheath, she can finally go to the utopia Avalon, where she can finally rest in peace. Who knows? If she truly wishes for it, she may even get to continue her dream, and Shirou will one day be able to reach her no matter how long it takes. Furthermore, both Shirou and Saber were connected by a very strong bond. They're not going to forget each other that easily and we can all hope that one day, both of them will meet each other again, this time in a more peaceful settings.

As for some people who comment about how bad the ending is, I won't try to argue or something but having Saber stayed with Shirou does seems a little weird in a sense. King Arthur was supposed to die so making Saber stay sort of spoils the story. Secondly, a happy ending will be easily forgotten with time, but a touching ending like this will stay in my memory for a very loooooong time. In addition, they managed leave some space in the ending with Bedivere talking about the continuation of a dream. It gives us fans a hope that Shirou and Saber will meet each other again.
Old 2006-06-17, 20:13   Link #217
cloudninja

Some legends refer to King Arthur as the Once and Future King. His grave marker supposedly said "Here lies Arthur, the once and future king."

taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Once_and_Future_King

Found an interesting summarized version of the legend of King Arthur from PBS

http://www.pbs.org/mythsandheroes/my...ur_arthur.html

Arthur is either dead but will revive at some later point or is gravely wounded but not dead and hoping to be healed at Avalon from mortal wounds, the legends vary.

I don't think it is much of a further stretch to say that Saber could wake up and emerge from Avalon many centuries later in Shirou's time, maybe some time after the events of the last episode. The ending of Fate/Stay Night is open to interpretation. Basically take your pick on what happens afterward.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2006-06-17 at 20:34.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 20:14   Link #218
jtrog

Yah Gil didnt look so bad after all, it was the evil from the grail that over took me to be that way.

OH! Shirou doesnt have to worry too much in the mean time about Saber, after all, she wasnt 'alive'. All he has to do is "Trace on!" " image it image it ---- Saber-chan -----" ..........

It almost appears to me now that theres a brand new series, out of Sakura Rin and Shirous real life that could happen now like say 5 years ahead. Not including what the other stories / books / games have already done.

/tears dropping out of left eye at the thought of the TV series being over.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 20:23   Link #219
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

I did try my best to spoil myself in a multitude of different ways before the ending of the show, so some of the drama of the last episode was lost on me.

Still, I have to say it was a suitable ending for the series. Quite a few things were sacrificed for the anime adaptation, but with the number of compromises they made, the ending wrapped it all up very nicely.

8/10
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 20:34   Link #220
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
Such optimisim who knows they just might attempt it, never IS a long time although if its just going to be a fanservicy onsen thing with the Fate/stay night girls then I'd pass -.-
If they can put an Onsen on a fricking BATTLESHIP (the archangel in GSD), I am QUITE confident that they can have an onsen in regular places. And who knows, maybe Rider would challenge Saber to a rematch tussle...except in the Onsen! While they're in nothing but their birthday suits! And then Rin can never resist getting in on it while Caster puts a shield around herself and poor little loli Illya to avoid getting splashed up.

And in the meantime, the men's onsen turns a bright shade of red courtesy of Shirou, Gil, and Assassin all going completely nuts with nosebleeds .

I mean come on, it worked for Tenchi Muyo and there's even a Dead or Alive beach volleyball...now FSN beach volleyball? YES PLEASE! Let's just do away with the bikinis this time!