1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-07-17, 18:39   Link #21
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
When was this established?
End of episode 1. A girl was praying and then Jeanne came. The girl said it was okay to use her then she glowed and was possessed. Didn't you wonder why a Servant would need a luggage or that she's travelling in vehicles on the way to Trifas? Servants can normally turn into spirit form since they don't have a material body. Ruler is different in that she has a body and can't turn into spirit form to move around. Jeanne's been saying it twice now: something is weird in this war.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 19:59   Link #22
Twi

Basically. And yeah, the episodes are technically toning down some things. Normally, Rider's master would try to stab him with a knife during the licking in the scene in this episode. The knife just can't penetrate the skin because... he's a Servant. The way he breaks out of those chains casually is another example of it.
Old 2017-07-17, 20:23   Link #23
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post

Victor sought to recreate the original couple described in the bible -- Adam and Eve. Due to the limitations of man, he first built Eve, intending for her to give birth to the counterpart. What started as a patchwork of lifeless flesh was given life by the energy harnessed from lightning. Unfortunately, what awoke was not the ideal woman that Victor envisioned, but an abomination with the mind of an infant. Having no developed capacity for expression, her sense of morality was completely absent. After presenting the entrails of a slain dog as a gift for the master, she was branded a failure and disassembled, before being abandoned completely

Bad first impression, basically

Yeah, again, everytime that I see to Fran, I become more convinced, the Dr. Frankenstein was gay

Seriously, the man just did it wonderful with no magic. What was his freaking problem?

A bit of time invested in education don't hurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
His problem was she was stupid, couldn't properly show emotion and lacked sense of morality. Basically she lacked specs she was projected for, so scrapping her make sense.
So.....Dr. Frankie basically created a superhuman Rei Ayanami and yet he was disappointed since she's not an insta-waifu like Eve? *smh* There's this missing detail that he should've realized: the fact that he's not God. I mean, didn't he already accepted the "limitation of man"? So, why such disappointment? His artificial human creation was already incredible (and cute) as it was and all he had to do was to teach her a few things yet he didn't even have the balls and patience for it? Even Shinji Ikari can do it . The original Dr. Frankenstein in the novels would've been overjoyed with Fran (or at least happy enough) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Going to spoiler tag this juuuuuuuuuust in case, but I don't think skipped scenes are really spoilers:

Spoiler:
Oh, thanks for the further clarification.
Old 2017-07-17, 22:18   Link #24
Tenzen12

He wanted make Asuka, so of course he doesn't condider Rei. Especially as Rei is creepy as hell.
Old 2017-07-17, 22:34   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
He wanted make Asuka
god forbid. Not with that personality . He would've created an actual monster .
Old 2017-07-18, 00:06   Link #26
Tenzen12

Well maybe, honestly to get good result any NGE would be bad idea (though I do believe Asuka was lesser of two evils)

I am pretty sure plan was go for Mira "ponkotsu" Yurizaki or Solty.
Old 2017-07-18, 00:27   Link #27
alex_drian

Quote:
In scene she was introduced.

His problem was she was stupid, couldn't properly show emotion and lacked sense of morality. Basically she lacked specs she was projected for, so scrapping her make sense.

Again, a bit of time invested in education don't hurt, specially after all the work to make her.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 01:39   Link #28
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Also, I won't call Fran stupid. She is actually quite smart (at least now). Just that she lacked common sense in time of creation.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 01:54   Link #29
Tenzen12

Quote:
Again, a bit of time invested in education don't hurt, specially after all the work to make her.
It hurted that dog whose intensities she brought to prof though...

Also given how whole thing was formulated, Frankenstein did not make immediate decision, but rather her starting kill animals was last straw.
Old 2017-07-18, 02:35   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Also they could seriously make better OP and ED, they just don't work. At least as far as I am concerned that is.
I agree with this. I’ve experienced a number of EGOIST’s songs as anime OP/EDs before and none of their songs is good to me. This song is no exception. It’s just a bunch of random noises which is hardly a melody (let alone a good one) and this is coming from someone who can tolerate/enjoy “Rock is Dead” by Marilyn Manson . I cannot wait to skip Apoc’s OP1 in every episode. It’s seriously a lot worse than Deen’s FSN OPs.

As for the ED….....it’s so-so. It doesn’t violate my ears but it could’ve been better.
Old 2017-07-18, 08:31   Link #31
drawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Er... I don't remember Siegfried casually naming himself during his battle with Karna.

After looking at the source, yeah, he doesn't do that. Just last episode his master also told him not to talk, especially say his true name since it gives away his fatal weakness.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 15:27   Link #32
Jaden

This story is so busy, reminds me of Game of Thrones.

But I like how it's packed with intrigue in every corner. Many of the master's actions seem illogical, like instating your servant as the king, attacking Ruler, letting Red Berserker loose on the enemy on his own...but it feels like there's a well thought out plan behind it all, and that keeps things interesting.
Old 2017-07-18, 15:33   Link #33
shadow1296

Quote:
Also they could seriously make better OP and ED, they just don't work. At least as far as I am concerned that is.
i think the op is just far to soft for the visuals provided, they really needed a more powerful song to coincide with those visuals because they aren't bad just the song doesn't compliment them at all, no opinion on ed sort skip it every episode
Old 2017-07-18, 18:27   Link #34
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
This story is so busy, reminds me of Game of Thrones.

But I like how it's packed with intrigue in every corner. Many of the master's actions seem illogical, like instating your servant as the king, attacking Ruler, letting Red Berserker loose on the enemy on his own...but it feels like there's a well thought out plan behind it all, and that keeps things interesting.
All three are pretty easily explainable with just anime-only viewer knowledge and common sense.

1. "instating your servant as the king"
Said "king" is Vlad Tepes, a legit ruler of the area the war is taking place in in life, and one known to be quite wrathful. It's appeasement, plain and simple. Keep him happy now, and he'll be that much more willing to kill stuff for you later.

2. "attacking Ruler"
Ruler is the referee of this game. It's pretty obvious why you'd want to remove the referee. You want to cheat, and you don't want her getting in the way. It's the same reason why Gordes (fat Hitler) was trying to butter her up.

3. "letting Red Berserker loose on the enemy on his own"
Doesn't seem like they had much choice. If your Berserker is going to run off without orders to attack the enemy at his first opportunity, then most likely using your Command Seals to keep him from doing that will eventually prove fruitless. Better to write him off as a loss and send along a shadow team to scope out what mayhem he might start, possibly allowing you to make his loss more expensive for the enemy. Which is exactly what it seems like Team Red is doing.
Old 2017-07-18, 18:40   Link #35
Jaden

Those are fair theories, but I don't buy any of them.

1. He's a servant, if he wants something, he should win the grail war and earn it.
2. If you could erase the referee with a frontal assault like that and suffer no consequences, there'd be no point in having one.
3. It might be futile, but you would at least attempt to use a command spell before losing your servant.

Last edited by Jaden; 2017-07-18 at 18:56.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 19:20   Link #36
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

1. Is pretty hard to argue. Consider we see the same tactic in FZ.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 20:56   Link #37
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
1. He's a servant, if he wants something, he should win the grail war and earn it.
We saw the exact same thing with Tokiomi and Gilgamesh in F/Z.

Quote:
3. It might be futile, but you would at least attempt to use a command spell before losing your servant.
Or you create a plan around it that could lead to a scenario in which you can take out two or more enemy servants at the cost of losing one berserker who is hard to control.
Old 2017-07-18, 21:20   Link #38
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i think the op is just far to soft for the visuals provided, they really needed a more powerful song to coincide with those visuals because they aren't bad just the song doesn't compliment them at all, no opinion on ed sort skip it every episode
For me the song sort of works for the beginning where they are simply showing all of the characters, but it falls apart when the action begins.
Old 2017-07-18, 22:06   Link #39
alex_drian

Quote:
I way for the day when a Fate anime have an OP by Nano or with J-Rock
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 22:57   Link #40
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
i think the op is just far to soft for the visuals provided, they really needed a more powerful song to coincide with those visuals because they aren't bad just the song doesn't compliment them at all.
Also agreed. The song being bad and tonally-incomprehensible aside, it just doesn't suit most of the visual in the OP. Soft songs worked for Fate OPs before but the visual must complement them:
Spoiler for saving space:
Quote:
I way for the day when a Fate anime have an OP by Nano or with J-Rock
You're probably not alone. I think the guy who made Astolfo twitter clip using Gundam OP a week ago agreed with you .