AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-14, 21:56   Link #2101
Twi

Umm... You guys remember that Zero Two was content with killing Hiro until she found out that he was the person she thought she lost, wouldn't explain herself to anyone afterwards, outright denied they were teammates, and then beat them up when they caved and Hiro wasn't there.

And that Nana made it clear she wasn't going to let Hiro pilot with her again anyway because he literally can't handle it without changing as far as they know.

Seriously, hating on Ichigo because of the last part of the episode is understandable if you're a shipper, but you can't ignore the fact that Zero Two hadn't exactly been trying to make peace with the other people she worked with and injured. Hiro literally has the bruises showing exactly what she thought of him until that moment.

That was not a healthy relationship at the moment.
Old 2018-04-14, 22:21   Link #2102
wuhugm
Confused Shark

At least Ichigo is human
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 22:34   Link #2103
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
At least Ichigo is human
Humanity is overrated anyway.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 22:38   Link #2104
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Shipping domestic violence relationships, 2018

(Not that either Ichiko x Hiro or 02 x Hiro interest me though, no interesting shipping wars these days)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 22:45   Link #2105
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Umm... You guys remember that Zero Two was content with killing Hiro until she found out that he was the person she thought she lost, wouldn't explain herself to anyone afterwards, outright denied they were teammates, and then beat them up when they caved and Hiro wasn't there.

And that Nana made it clear she wasn't going to let Hiro pilot with her again anyway because he literally can't handle it without changing as far as they know.

Seriously, hating on Ichigo because of the last part of the episode is understandable if you're a shipper, but you can't ignore the fact that Zero Two hadn't exactly been trying to make peace with the other people she worked with and injured. Hiro literally has the bruises showing exactly what she thought of him until that moment.

To be fair with 02 she was basically having a mental breakdown and we still don't know what caused her to want to ramp up her Klaxo rampage. My guess is w/e treatment shes undergoing to appear human is having diminishing returns. She doesn't tell Hiro whats up with her because it would involve telling him what she really is and it seems she didn't realize Hiro was who he was at the time and she was terrified he'd reject her for it.

I don't think 02 was okay with killing Hiro as much as she was losing it. She's afraid if she doesn't become human no one will ever accept her and I'm betting she felt Hiro was included in that at the time. At the end of 13 she turns her head with tears already rolling. In my mind that's because she was expecting Hiro to reject her at the time. She knows she's being rough on him but she has no choice, either fail to become human and be rejected or push it too much and be rejected and she hates herself for it. She's literally biting her fingers bloody over the stress of the situation.

02 has literally no proper interpersonal experience, everyone views her as either a tool or a monster. Based on her reaction to Ichigo's telling her off it seemed she had started to consider the squad as friends. Ichigo declaring her a monster and unwanted appeared to visibly hurt her. Between that and her thinking she was deceived about meeting Hiro she lost it.

Ultimately she knew that beating the shit out of her squad was wrong, and that's why she accepted her transfer to the 9's without complaint. She views separation from Hiro as her punishment.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 23:06   Link #2106
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Humanity is overrated anyway.
I laughed like crazy when I saw this.
I won’t disagree with it after all.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 00:13   Link #2107
Skaddix

Sure Zero Two is manipulating Hiro but its not like Hiro wasn't informed of the risk in dealing with Zero Two beforehand.
What I am confused about is the adults letting Ichigo make these decisions at all....benching your best pilot pairing before a critical mission seems dumb.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 01:11   Link #2108
Raviel

It's time like these I really wish Goro would assert his position as the other half of the team leader pair a little bit more.

Literally this whole episode could have been avoided had he calmed Ichigo down or spoke up sooner.

Unfortunately, Goro's too passive when dealing with her, he might as well have been screaming "everyone calm the fuck down" with the expressions he was wearing this episode.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 01:28   Link #2109
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
It's time like these I really wish Goro would assert his position as the other half of the team leader pair a little bit more.

Literally this whole episode could have been avoided had he calmed Ichigo down or spoke up sooner.

Unfortunately, Goro's too passive when dealing with her, he might as well have been screaming "everyone calm the fuck down" with the expressions he was wearing this episode.
Guess he is just too spineless when it comes to Ichigo.
Old 2018-04-15, 01:31   Link #2110
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I just remembered who 02 reminds me of. Lucy from Elfen Lied. Can't believe it took me this long to realize that, but it has been more than a decade ago
What tipped you off first? Her homicidal behaviour? Her long pink hair and horns? Her tortured childhood? Or that ghost that emerged from her in Episode 13 that started strangling Hiro while looking very much like Lucy?

Last edited by Mazryonh; 2018-04-15 at 12:10.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 03:14   Link #2111
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think one thing that bugs me about all this is that I don't see any difference between Hir02 and any other abusive relationship other than the fact that usually the genders are flipped.

The abusive partner always had some excuse where they themselves grew up unloved, but that's never accepted as an excuse when the abuser is male.

I mean come on, the abused party even has that whole thing where they pity their abuser. How is this any different?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 03:54   Link #2112
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I think one thing that bugs me about all this is that I don't see any difference between Hir02 and any other abusive relationship other than the fact that usually the genders are flipped.

The abusive partner always had some excuse where they themselves grew up unloved, but that's never accepted as an excuse when the abuser is male.

I mean come on, the abused party even has that whole thing where they pity their abuser. How is this any different?
The 14-something-year-old who just got choked nearly to death by their partner, the same one who set that 14-year-old up for their own gain for half a year, being angry at that partner for beating the tar of the only friends and family left of that 14-something-year-old and calling them out for that is apparently the worst scum on Earth now.

Because that 14-something-year-old is a boy.
Old 2018-04-15, 05:39   Link #2113
Top Sergeant

Its been a half day since I saw the episode and while I have no desire to change anything in my post about Ichigo, I do want to add something now that I've had some time to reflect: none of these young people is anywhere near as emotionally or socially developed as the readers of this forum. How could they be when their entire existence has been controlled and restricted within the walls of an artificial and heavily monitored environment? For Ichigo and the others it would have been surprising if they had acted in any way other than the way they did.

As for 02, the one thing she had been striving for since she was a child, enduring all the medical torture, she finally found it and it has been taken away, and Hiro's reaction to her violence probably looked like rejection. Maybe now she really will become a monster: her horns are certainly longer.
Old 2018-04-15, 05:47   Link #2114
RDNexus

People seem to forget that the characters live in a crapsack world, with a crapsack setting/lifestyle filled with secrets and conspiracies.
The kids are simply tools and 02 seems more of a scientific experiment than anything else. That's all relevant to this whole situation.
The logic of our reality can't be properly applied into this story (and many others, mind me), only inferred according to each viewer's PoV.
But the fact that people don't seem to take all of this into account is what causes mass arguments like what's been seen here as of late...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 05:55   Link #2115
Rimbo99

I'm wondering with the reference to Zero Two liking candy and Ichigo being the female leader we've seen so far, what if the Klaxosaurs have a Hive Mind. You know like Zero Two learn a bit of information about them and the Klaxosaurs know more about their enemy. Its possible the Battle at the Grand Crevasse is a trap by the Klaxosaurs.
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 06:20   Link #2116
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
People seem to forget that the characters live in a crapsack world, with a crapsack setting/lifestyle filled with secrets and conspiracies.
The kids are simply tools and 02 seems more of a scientific experiment than anything else. That's all relevant to this whole situation.
The logic of our reality can't be properly applied into this story (and many others, mind me), only inferred according to each viewer's PoV.
But the fact that people don't seem to take all of this into account is what causes mass arguments like what's been seen here as of late...
I don't necessarily disagree here but while that explains some behavior, that does not necessarily excuse any and all behavior.

On the flipside, it's not even needed as an excuse for some behavior. Merely expressing how you feel is not a crime. It's not "forcing" yourself on anyone. "Forcing" yourself implies using force and the denial of choice. All Hiro has to do is say "no". And I see no reason why Ichigo would not be able to take no for an answer. I also don't see how her having feelings for Hiro means it's impossible for her to be concerned over his wellbeing. Why does being in love with someone automatically turn someone into some kind of possessive monster?

Incidentally, why is it that 02 gets a pass for actually being a possessive monster?
Old 2018-04-15, 06:35   Link #2117
LG-MAX 2.o

WOW, the foreigners invaded the official twitter series to complain about the episode, does anyone know how was reaction of the Japanese?

Quote:
Why does being in love with someone automatically turn someone into some kind of possessive monster?

Incidentally, why is it that 02 gets a pass for actually being a possessive monster?
Because she is popular, and popular characters can do things that other characters can not and are judged differently.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 06:52   Link #2118
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Because people have thing for those stronger type girl , you know , the femdom genre .

Also 02 at first always smudge so she get a pass .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 07:20   Link #2119
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

While it's nice to have some confirmation of the double standard, I was actually kind of looking for a justification from people who don't seem to think there's a double standard at play here.
Old 2018-04-15, 07:26   Link #2120
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Because empathy is a thing. Simple as that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
LUL Ichigo made the situation worse for everyone except herself.
She set herself for big disappointment and suffering for the next weeks imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post

It wasn't just for the last part but the whole of her actions that lead to the results at the end episode.

Isn't like Nana can stop him from piloting if he wants, was she able to stop him before? What makes her think she can now? Now he will just find a way to escape and search for 02.