AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-19, 12:36   Link #3101
firemagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
When birds grow up, they leave the nest. This is prob what the Squad has to do to survive. Just leave the organization and go somewhere safe.

And...in the end Kokoro starts to remember again.
The thing is though that their attempt to go out on their own will run headlong into APE's plans with Hringhorni as well as the Klaxosaur Princess' own plans. Even if Nana makes it out as well, destiny cannot, and will not, be kind to them.
firemagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 13:59   Link #3102
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
The thing is though that their attempt to go out on their own will run headlong into APE's plans with Hringhorni as well as the Klaxosaur Princess' own plans. Even if Nana makes it out as well, destiny cannot, and will not, be kind to them.
No one said it was going to be easy. They just have to leave. Go as far away from the battlefield as they can get imo.
Old 2018-05-19, 14:06   Link #3103
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Man these last few episodes have been boring for me. I was right when I said they needed to drop the character driven nature of the show and focus on the plot more because the character development these last three episodes is either minimal or lacking depth. Three episodes beating us in the head that they live in an oppresive system which is what we already knew. When will something actually happen?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 14:12   Link #3104
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The
Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2018-05-19, 14:16   Link #3105
Blueknight78

wow i really liked that episode, really a lot of good things happened really one of the best animes of the year so far for me.

I really loved ikuno, she said what was needed to say, the reason she love ichigo is because ichigo is a girl and is what she need to be to make ikuno love's her, really a big punch in the face of the annoyings "genderless" doomsayers, which want destroy nature because they "inferiority complex and snow flakes mentality", really loved how she really told the truth

the guilty for her previous pilots death is finally catching up zero two to the point which make her "horns" get big again, really her "horns are driven by her "emotions", the more calm she is the small they are.

the APE as i pointed is really not "all adults or machines", we have machines and adults mixed in APE and looks like the machines sides are "working behind the adults back", because it was not just a idiot act but a attempt of killing the princess in a surprise attack.

man the nines and alpha, really are the big "shit" here, i'm preparing myself to grab my popcorn and watch the nines being totally destroyed the "payback will be really big on them probably even worse tham "papa" and APE payback.

Poor mitsuru and kokoro getting they mind erased but the "power of love" will eventually find it way back.

Looks like finally hachi is starting to get "pissed off" about being "passive" be ready for him going back to save the kids and nana and also his flashback, he still have his memories of them as pilots unlike nana which got her mind wiped due to how devasted she become after looser her partner.

Now basically we have like 5 or 7 divergences:

team 13
papa and nines
APE "machines
APE adults
dr. franxx
nana
hachi
klaxx princess

and probably all the clashs will start on the next episode.

Really looking foward it.
Old 2018-05-19, 14:48   Link #3106
Sakuratsuki

Again a great episode. Seriously those nines need a good beat up. Poor Mitsuru and Kokoro but looking at the reaction of Kokoro after looking at her ring, I don't think it will take long before they remember and probably they will get a happy ending. With what happened to them today it's most likely they will not be killed. I'm more concerned about 02 though. I think she's the one who most likely will die. The horrific scene with all her past dead partners. Things are not looking too well for her. Death flags everywhere.

With hiro his speech at the end a revolution is near. They can't keep going on under this system.
Old 2018-05-19, 15:09   Link #3107
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuratsuki View Post
With hiro his speech at the end a revolution is near.
I honestly don't see it. They haven't even thought about rebelling.
Old 2018-05-19, 15:16   Link #3108
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuratsuki View Post
Again a great episode. Seriously those nines need a good beat up. Poor Mitsuru and Kokoro but looking at the reaction of Kokoro after looking at her ring, I don't think it will take long before they remember and probably they will get a happy ending. With what happened to them today it's most likely they will not be killed. I'm more concerned about 02 though. I think she's the one who most likely will die. The horrific scene with all her past dead partners. Things are not looking too well for her. Death flags everywhere.

With hiro his speech at the end a revolution is near. They can't keep going on under this system.
To many death flags at this point. I'm starting to wonder if we will get a dominant and rain ending
Old 2018-05-19, 15:40   Link #3109
Rnzlr

Yeah, people were calling death flags for how long already? A month? And no one died yet. It will be funny if no one dies in the end. Maybe 02 and Hiro will sacrifice themselves to save others.
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 16:11   Link #3110
Top Sergeant

Papa doesn't realize it but he just set into motion his own destruction. Squad 13 is going to take him down.
Old 2018-05-19, 16:36   Link #3111
_Ninja_

Spoiler:

/suffering
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 17:07   Link #3112
Rnzlr

Plot twist - It was Fatoshi who snitched to Papa about the wedding
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 17:08   Link #3113
magnuskn

At this point it should be abundantly clear that this is a "growing up and freeing yourself from oppressive elders" story, not a "suffering and death p0rn" show. The guys constantly calling death flags on everybody will probably leave very disappointed. Not that I am ruling out one or the other heroic sacrifice, but I seriously doubt more than two characters from the entire squad will bite it by the end.
Old 2018-05-19, 18:06   Link #3114
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

It looks like its finally started to dawn on the gang, that the elders are their enemy.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 18:09   Link #3115
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Poor Futoshi always get the least happiness , i mean he swallow his feeling and act like a father who just about to see his daughter leaving the house , also no partner for him since Ikuno is a les .

I wonder if Ichigo did used the camera she saw , but then again i don't she her taking picture during the wedding .

So APE and humanity also different , either APE is alien or a very advance A.I
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 18:09   Link #3116
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Okay, yeah, sure. I see the rings are conveniently left on the fingers and they're put back with the squad. Super advanced society, zero research done on psychological triggers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
At this point it should be abundantly clear that this is a "growing up and freeing yourself from oppressive elders" story, not a "suffering and death p0rn" show. The guys constantly calling death flags on everybody will probably leave very disappointed. Not that I am ruling out one or the other heroic sacrifice, but I seriously doubt more than two characters from the entire squad will bite it by the end.
Man I'm just tired of all the stuff I find cool, like the monsters, giant robots, cool tech, and crazy future stuff, being reduced to window dressing instead of being front and center.
Old 2018-05-19, 18:17   Link #3117
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Okay, yeah, sure. I see the rings are conveniently left on the fingers and they're put back with the squad. Super advanced society, zero research done on psychological triggers.
But it kinda worked so far , Mitsuru doesn't give a damn thing about what is on his finger and it took Hiro a few year and only after diving into 02 memory does he remember everything .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 18:18   Link #3118
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The two APEs that got killed are not resurrected nor replaced huh?. Oh, and there are two little faction between the APEs, and the faction who decided to assassinate Klax-Hime last episode (with only handheld melee weapons) is the most idiotic ones. I mean, both factions are stupid but the ones who wanted Klax-Hime dead gets the “most idiotic ball” for their lack of preparation & precaution for it. This argument of mine still holds true and nothing disproves it so far.

On the other hand, I’m glad that this episode actually answers my question in previous episode:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
......other than a sense of friendship with others, what do you think triggered Ikuno to slap blondie when he talks about how annoying different genders are? I mean, given her sexual orientation, you'd think she'd agree with the "one gender"-option since different genders pretty much closed her chances with Ichigo since she's a hetero.
So that’s a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
To me, it’s been clear since episode 5 or so, but to be fair, those two themes aren’t really mutually exclusive. Both themes can go hand in hand, but of course Franxx might heavily lean on one theme more than the other. I mean, Franxx story itself has a considerable amount of suffering in it (mostly psychological) and the themes of death, mortality and short life-span is prominent in the show to the point where the characters repeatedly talking about it (in this episode alone, we see the gruesome death of Nana’s partner). So I’d say Franxx still has both themes running in its veins.

Also, I wouldn’t dismiss some grim stories with labels like “suffering and death p0rn”. That’s more applicable to somethings like SAW sequels and less to somethings like Game of Thrones, Berserk, Gundam: IBO, Grave of the Fireflies and Rainbow which are well-written stories but with a heavy dose of suffering and deaths (but without exploiting them too much like SAW sequels).

Btw, the action this time is relegated to the Nines apprehending 02, and it's not bad I guess. It's pretty amusing to watch. At least it shows that the APEs are actually prepared for every possibilities in this "Get Kokoro & Mitsuru!"-operation unlike in a number of their other operations.

Also, is Futoshi's entire character development is to move on from his crush who never loved him to begin with? That's pretty underwhelming when we already have more interesting characters with similar issues in Goro & Ikuno (& Ichigo of course). Worse still, Futoshi's love for Kokoro is the most comically-portrayed among other unrequited loves in this show (with how Futoshi often times looking at Kokoro lustfully like a creep in past episodes before she went to Mitsuru). The fat character doesn't get enough respect in this show.

Quote:
Yep. Like I've been pointed out many times before, the APEs lack precaution and preparation. They're like, one of the most idiotic behind-the-scene shady organizations in mecha anime. SEELE is rolling in their graves .

Quote:
Man I'm just tired of all the stuff I find cool, like the monsters, giant robots, cool tech, and crazy future stuff, being reduced to window dressing instead of being front and center.
Indeed. Even a story about "growing up in oppressive environment" needs more world-building (and, god forbid, action) considering the setting. It will be different if the setting is our normal world. Shows like Shin Sekai Yori and Grimgar managed to balance the two without much problem.
Old 2018-05-19, 18:45   Link #3119
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
But it kinda worked so far , Mitsuru doesn't give a damn thing about what is on his finger and it took Hiro a few year and only after diving into 02 memory does he remember everything .
That's the point. Mitsuru doesn't care (yet). He may never remember. But the longer he is given reminders of his memories, the more likely something can trigger them. We know they don't have the tech to completely remove memories, and we know the plot runs on conveniences, because we've already seen the mind manipulation fail. So...yeah. He'll remember, and it'll be the damn ring that helps him remember. Or the other route is she'll remember and then kiss him or something sappy like that, then he'll remember.

Either way, the point is, you make sure these kids can never see each other again, because if you're at the point where you can't do that because they're so damn special then I guess your experiment is fubar....because you should have mind wiped the other kids too. It's just incompetence.

Quote:
Indeed. Even a story about "growing up in oppressive environment" needs more world-building (and, god forbid, action) considering the setting. It will be different if the setting is our normal world. Shows like Shin Sekai Yori and Grimgar managed to balance the two without much problem.
Well, it's not like you can't have both the cool stuff and the philosophical/social commentary too. Plenty of anime used to do that. What can I say? I miss space operas and weird shit.
Old 2018-05-19, 18:46   Link #3120
Blueknight78

Quote:
T Grimgar managed to balance the two without much problem.
of you are talking about Hai to Gensou no Grimgar them it only show how much bad is your "balanced vision" cuz i watched that anime and the only thing i saw was "static panels simulator" som flash you tubes short videos can have more animation and more "action" tham that whole serie, srry but really is hard take your arguments serious and how hard you want to look "right.

This serie have much more "happening in one episode tham the whole grimgar.

this episode only proof which the only idiocity they had was trying to assassinate her if they had did nothing they could had survive, because it was really the "machine" small guy" fault goes full kill mode because he was ordered to do and since they are not "living beings" and almost sure machines is perfect normal they do even more mistakes tham humans since they does looks like lacking of "vision" and are doing only what probably the "programation" ordered them to do.