AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-14, 16:16   Link #3721
firemagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
I have Doylist reasons why all death flags on Zero Two are false.

You aren't going to kill the franchise cash cow. Zero Two is the face of the franchise, she's not going to die.
Basically this. Zero-Two won't die, but she will be forced back into her klaxosaur form by the fighting (and the fact that she's piloting a klaxosaur herself).

We know that, eventually, we must come to the scene in episode 1 where she's at the garden surrounded by klaxosaurs. Though the context of that scene has changed; she's among allies now.

Honestly, I think it's Hiro who's going to bite the dust...
firemagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 17:42   Link #3722
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Immortality? Which is sorta the opposite of extinction. They certainly didn't know the hidden clause about giant monsters coming after them. And even if some people died because of accidents and stuff, they obviously have vat cloning and artificial uterus technology, so it's not like they would stop reproducing. Just stop reproducing naturally.
not just "reproduction" they also become "lethargic", because they "loose any purpose which being "mortal give to them", without the reproductive instinct and "immortality" it lead them to become "almost undead or souless peoples without any purpose.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-06-14 at 18:10.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 17:57   Link #3723
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
not just "reproduction" they also become "lethargic", because they "loose any purpose which being "mortal give to them", without the reproductive instinct and "immortality" it lead them to become "almost undead or souless peoples wuthout any purpose.
Yeah but even if that's the case (which is unclear why it should be) they didn't know that beforehand either. My point was that they were tricked by VIRM on most stuff.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 18:22   Link #3724
Blueknight78

Quote:
Yeah but even if that's the case (which is unclear why it should be) they didn't know that beforehand either. My point was that they were tricked by VIRM on most stuff.
while i do agree with you about them being "tricked" I think which the problem was a "chain of reactions", a combination of "physiological + psychological, without the "rerpoduction" it reduce the production of some hormones and others things them also the mind because again being immortal reduce some of natural desires or make things goes "more slow" like others animals with long life span, the more they life the less they start to care and worry, at last is that what i think.

You took away some of the aspects which "rules" us as human, them while we can get some benefits we also get some bad side effects too.
Old 2018-06-14, 18:42   Link #3725
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I wouldn't say that. I also wouldn't say they have the high ground. Nobody does. All living things do what they need to survive. There's nothing unusual in one species taking resources (even lives) from another.
Mmm... Fair point.
Old 2018-06-14, 21:58   Link #3726
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
I have Doylist reasons why all death flags on Zero Two are false.

You aren't going to kill the franchise cash cow. Zero Two is the face of the franchise, she's not going to die.
They could leave it as ambiguous as that fairy tale ending. 02 disappears (got her wish to fly, became Icarus and died in the sky protecting the humans and Klax). Hiro goes searching for her and eventually gives up/marries 001 and fathers a new Klax generation. (Someone has to reign in Klax Hime so she doesn't decide to destroy the rest of the humans. A Klax husband who is a human sympathizer might be the ticket.)

Mitsuru and Kokoro start the new human generation. Dr. Franxx is there to observe it all.

There are anime/visual novel franchises that kill the face of the franchise. My avatar is from one such franchise.

Last edited by orion; 2018-06-14 at 22:10.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 02:53   Link #3727
Nymene

So now we have like 3 confirmed OTP couples in this show, right ?

1. Hiro x Zero 2
2. Mitsuru x Kokoro ( Obviously they'll get their memories back, and Kokoro's already pregnant with Mitsuru's baby )
3. Zorome x Miku ( Don't expect them to flirt much as they're both Tsunderes and won't be honest with their feelings to each other unless if some life threatening situation occurs, and Zorome protects her and confesses how much he loves her in the entire universe )

So far, the only poor people without a romantic partner are Goro, Futoshi, Ichigo, and Ikuno
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 06:00   Link #3728
Deim |Envy| Astaroth

I dont khow whether this subject has been brought up yet, but oh boy this show is a mess
Deim |Envy| Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 06:02   Link #3729
Deim |Envy| Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post

So far, the only poor people without a romantic partner are Goro, Futoshi, Ichigo, and Ikuno
What if Gobro x Ichigo become a thing ?
Deim |Envy| Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 07:42   Link #3730
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deim |Envy| Astaroth View Post
I dont khow whether this subject has been brought up yet, but oh boy this show is a mess
It's 187 pages of people fighting over whether it is or it is not, basically.

At this point I'm solidly in the "yes, it's a mess" camp . Didn't get to see such a glorious trainwreck unfold live before my eyes since Aldnoah Zero (in fact, this might be worse).

Old 2018-06-15, 08:50   Link #3731
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deim |Envy| Astaroth View Post
What if Gobro x Ichigo become a thing ?
if their is a season two, it might be possible.
Old 2018-06-15, 11:01   Link #3732
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
It's 187 pages of people fighting over whether it is or it is not, basically.

At this point I'm solidly in the "yes, it's a mess" camp . Didn't get to see such a glorious trainwreck unfold live before my eyes since Aldnoah Zero (in fact, this might be worse).
Funny you should mention Aldnoah Zero with Klax Hime and Hiro being both blue.
Old 2018-06-15, 11:04   Link #3733
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Funny you should mention Aldnoah Zero with Klax Hime and Hiro being both blue.
But are they heavenly blue?

Old 2018-06-15, 14:21   Link #3734
SeaDoor

Mind if I ask a question?

I understand that Trigger is a production company and some of their series have surprise reveals but what do you mean when you say a anime series has been "Triggered"? Sorry that just went past me.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 14:31   Link #3735
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
Mind if I ask a question?

I understand that Trigger is a production company and some of their series have surprise reveals but what do you mean when you say a anime series has been "Triggered"? Sorry that just went past me.
IIRC most of it refers to the "suddenly aliens"-reveal in the second half of the show like previously happened in...
Spoiler for other anime titles made by Trigger's crew:
Both cases work for both shows because they are downright silly shows (even with deaths in them) so adding one more facepalm-reveal is like an icing on the endearingly-silly cake. But aside from the sexual innuendos, Franxx has become so serious as of late to the point where the "suddenly aliens"-reveal actually hurts the story more than help (at least for me and thousands of other people who Liked some YT videos that criticizes this turn of events).
Old 2018-06-15, 14:59   Link #3736
Twi

Yeah. I mean, the most arguments we had before the aliens reveal was the matter of Ichigo and Zero Two after the whole strangling thing. We were expecting a revolution, not aliens.
Old 2018-06-15, 15:56   Link #3737
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think to be more accurate, the purpose of a dystopian setting is to teach us what could happen further down the line if we're not careful and the best ones are those that explain how they were led to that point in a very convincing manner.

The problem is here is that it's not convincing at all. It's just aliens vs dinosaurs. Unless this is meant to be a message against fracking and oil drilling in which case there may be an environmentalist message in all this nonsense.
I think people are making an assumtion that since the story is in a dystopian setting, the story will follow the typical format of a dystopia and have some warnings about society. That doesn't seem the case with this show. Its almost entirely focused on the characters.

Edit: I was going to write more but then I found a video that explained my thinking better than I could express it.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-06-15, 16:17   Link #3738
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
I think people are making an assumtion that since the story is in a dystopian setting, the story will follow the typical format of a dystopia and have some warnings about society. That doesn't seem the case with this show. Its almost entirely focused on the characters.
That's not mutually exclusive. Evangelion was also heavily character based but still made points about society in its setting. Also these last few episodes have been more about the plot than the characters. The last episode in particular was mostly plot driven.

Also this isn't an assumption: Episodes like 10 and 19 were trying to make points. The fact that they had virtually no impact on anyone is another thing.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 16:21   Link #3739
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
It's not that a dystopian story HAS to follow that pattern. But rules in writing usually exist for a reason: that they work. Of course it's possible to write something that breaks them and still works, but it's more complicated, because it means walking into uncharted territory.

There's no reason why a dystopian tale can't be character driven, but if anything, being character driven is an excellent reason for why Franxx should have avoided making the story even more pointlessly complicated. If you need to focus on the characters you have less time for these kind of plot twists, for foreshadowing and proper development.

Add to that that really, Franxx doesn't even have such good characters, or character focused writing, anyway, and it's unclear what the point is. Besides a few isolated good episodes (like 13 and 15) a lot of this show seems either pointless meandering around or the writers throwing everything and the kitchen sink at the viewer to make it look like it's an exciting story.

Old 2018-06-15, 16:34   Link #3740
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That's not mutually exclusive. Evangelion was also heavily character based but still made points about society in its setting. Also these last few episodes have been more about the plot than the characters. The last episode in particular was mostly plot driven.
I feel like people are fishing for meaning where there is none. Kind of reminds me of all the long essays written about Eva and its Christian symbolism when its there only to look cool and be mysterious (and man did it work). What commentary there is would be on human interactions and communication which is the focus of the show. We've had far more focus in this show on the kids interactions with each other than anything else.

For example, I just think is a big leap to think the show is somehow anti-fracking because magma energy was mined out of the ground. Of course, lets not forget this show is all about getting the Japanese to reproduce more.

Granted, I do think ep 20 is pretty jarring. If the show can end strongly I'm still willing to give it an 8/10 at this point. Its not genre redefining (few shows are) but its been quite entertain for me. This show isn't even close to being a train wreck to me, I've seen far worst anime. At worst, DitF will be yet another promising anime with a weak ending. This is not Aldnoah Zero, in fact the first season of that show was pretty good. Its the second season thats a let down to many people and that has a lot to do with how the characters were mishandled.

At worst, if the last 5 episodes of the DitF are a let down then we still got a majority of the show that was quite entertaining to me with characters staying in character and not preforming actions that make little sense like in Aldnoah Zero or even more so in Guilty Crown.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-06-15 at 17:22.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote