Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-18, 16:42   Link #4401
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
You guys do realize that wuhugm was using humor in response to the video's sarcasm, right?
Sadly, given the way my brain works, and without any sort of context, I really have no choice but to take people's words at face value.

Anyway, Gigguk isn't the type to outright hate stuff unless it's actually objectively bad. Or at the very least, if he has legitimate criticism of a show, he just presents the criticism as such, he doesn't go make entire snarky videos like these (he makes those for different reasons). He even said himself in the end, that he "doesn't know whether he likes the show or hates it". Personally I don't think he likes it very much, but I'd like to believe that the video was made in good fun, not out of hate. All he said in the video basically boils down to "A lot of things this show does has been done by other shows before, in particular Eva".
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 22:49   Link #4402
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
How come this guy analysis don't get more views, while the retards out there that only spout bs from their mouths and use their clips as bait with the only purpose of attracting the fools like flies that are lured to the crap, show up in a list of the most viewed clips. Guess I expected better from the Internet, it really is a hive mind.
The answer is simple: Because it's not entertaining for those who are not very/super invested in FranXX in the first place. Especially given the duration of the videos. Even I know some FranXX-fans who aren't willing to watch the videos due to the length alone. People think their time is too precious to spend watching his videos that don't interest them, not because they're fools. On the contrary, not wasting hours of their time is a smart thing to do.

That's partly why those who you called "retards" like Gigguk have better views. Their videos are concise, more to the point, and it has some levity and humor to it which adds entertainment value. It's all about execution and simple logic.
Old 2018-07-18, 23:19   Link #4403
Blueknight78

Quote:
Because many people talked great things about this channel, I decided to make an exception and watch it if only for a few minutes. And well...

How come this guy analysis don't get more views, while the retards out there that only spout bs from their mouths and use their clips as bait with the only purpose of attracting the fools like flies that are lured to the crap, show up in a list of the most viewed clips. Guess I expected better from the Internet, it really is a hive mind.
well actually if you pay attention, this anime increased a lot his inscritpions and "overal his views"compared with his others reviews, DiF did helped increase his channel, compared with others which others which already big tham him before he get a good return from this series.
Old 2018-07-19, 01:26   Link #4404
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Well, despite me not watching any AnimeTubers, it's nice to hear that at least one guy out there made the difference...for once.
I admit I've never seen any of that guy's videos, but if it gives you guys a good impression, than it's all for the better.
Let us see if he picks up another series some other time and does as good a review series as he apparently did to this one.
I honestly think his skill is wasted on shows like FranXX. He could use some more intelligent shows with rich themes and nuances. Shows like Monster, Shin Sekai Yori, Haibane Renmei, Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze, etc. Those shows actually deserve to get deeper analyses because they are so rich and, dare I say, unique & original in some parts. If he dares and ready for it, he'd be welcomed to take on Evangelion & Gundam too in the future. That'd be a monumental task.
Old 2018-07-19, 01:38   Link #4405
wissenschaft

To be honest, even if Nearly on Red did a very popular anime it still wouldn't get a lot of views. His videos are very much a classroom like lecture. It very interesting for people who want to delve deep into storytelling and themes. Like it or hate it, Darling in the Franxx was perfectly fine for that purpose. He even said he won't be giving ratings to the shows he examines nor did he have any final impressions. It was just an very detailed breakdown of the story, episode by episode. His plans going forward are to just pick the new show in the next season and examine it.

I get the feeling he likes character driven shows since he does love breaking down and examining character motivations and trying to predict future out comes based on themes he identifies.
Old 2018-07-19, 01:50   Link #4406
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
To be honest, even if Nearly on Red did a very popular anime it still wouldn't get a lot of views. His videos are very much a classroom like lecture. It very interesting for people who want to delve deep into storytelling and themes. Like it or hate it, Darling in the Franxx was perfectly fine for that purpose.
Yep. Like I said before, even some Franxx-fans are reluctant in checking out his videos. Their investment with the topic must be very solid first and they need to commit quite a lot of time of just watching videos. That's why I suggest him to not pursue popularity but to analyze anime shows that actually deserve it regardless of popularity. The first batch of the shows that I mentioned above are not actually popular. Some of them are even commercial flops. I'm sure the avid-fans of those shows will really appreciate it and it will make his channel a cult hit or something.
Old 2018-07-19, 02:40   Link #4407
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm fairly sure avid fans of this show appreciate his videos as well. So... Whatever you said about those shows you mentioned earlier also applies to this one if you ask me. Would the guy even spend HOURS analyzing a single episode if this show was utterly lacking in nuance and things to think about?

Didn't watch his videos though. Maybe he could consider making some kind of "tl;dr trailers" that mention some of his conclusions which would maybe convince people to watch the full video.

Last edited by Dengar; 2018-07-19 at 05:01.
Old 2018-07-19, 02:54   Link #4408
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm fairly sure avid fans of this show appreciate his videos as well. So... Whatever you said about those shows you mentioned earlier also applies to this one if you ask me. Would the guy even spend HOURS analyzing a single episode if this show was utterly lacking in nuance and things to think about?
Because the show is bad and has no depth. That why the show has a ridiculously long analysis, because it has no depth and lacks quality.
Old 2018-07-19, 04:03   Link #4409
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Quote:
Because the show is bad and has no depth. That why the show has a ridiculously long analysis, because it has no depth and lacks quality.
Mind the context: this is my suggestion for his future anime analyses. He already did review FranXX. What's done is done. But that doesn't mean that he can't do better in the future by reviewing better anime .

Also, over-analysis is a real thing in this world. People can practically do long analyses of any piece of entertainment (if they have the skill and choose to do so) even those that don't deserve it like Twilight and 50 Shades novels & films (which you can also found on YT or articles).
Old 2018-07-19, 04:13   Link #4410
Homura7

Quote:
He also understands the show better than many others who would just give a 10 min. rant at most and talk a bunch of nonsense. He deserves more views, but people are just looking for an excuse to talk shit of anything. It's also not a surprise the people that comment on his videos have got some measure and behave politely.

Sensationalism sells better, even if the guy doing it doesn't realize how much of a huge douche he's making himself look like.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 04:28   Link #4411
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
It's also not a surprise the people that comment on his videos have got some measure and behave politely.
But of course it's not a surprise. People who watch his long videos of FranXX and commenting are not far and wide. First, they're mostly limited to avid fans of FranXX. Second, they are patient and committed enough to watch hours of his videos. Third, by default, their attention span are already good. People like those aren't gonna butcher each other in the comment section.

Quote:
Sensationalism sells better, even if the guy doing it doesn't realize how much of a huge douchebag he acts.
I'd say they're nowhere near as bad as some avid fans of FranXX who got so easily triggered by the silliest things and sent the hate-mails to the showrunners and actors of their favorite show. There are two big sides of FranXX fans: the good and the bad, where the bad can become the lowest of the low.
Old 2018-07-19, 04:37   Link #4412
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'd say they're nowhere near as bad as some avid fans of FranXX who got so easily triggered by the silliest things and sent the hate-mails to the showrunners and actors of their favorite show. There are two big sides of FranXX fans: the good and the bad, where the bad can become the lowest of the low.
You make it sound like this is the only title where this has happened.

To everyone out there, I guarantee you, it’s not.
Old 2018-07-19, 04:40   Link #4413
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
You make it sound like this is the only title where this has happened.

To everyone out there, I guarantee you, it’s not.
Well, sorry if it sounds that way to you but I know very well that (some) Franxx-fans are not the first and they won't be the last toxic fans in the world .

That's common knowledge by now.
Old 2018-07-19, 05:09   Link #4414
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Mind the context: this is my suggestion for his future anime analyses. He already did review FranXX. What's done is done. But that doesn't mean that he can't do better in the future by reviewing better anime .

Also, over-analysis is a real thing in this world. People can practically do long analyses of any piece of entertainment (if they have the skill and choose to do so) even those that don't deserve it like Twilight and 50 Shades novels & films (which you can also found on YT or articles).
I would argue that even things you don't like can have depth and stuff worth analyzing.
Old 2018-07-19, 05:28   Link #4415
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I would argue that even things you don't like can have depth and stuff worth analyzing.
Did I ever make an argument that sounds like "Only things that I like is worthy of deep analysis!" in this thread? If so then please point it out to me.

To demonstrate that theory, let's pick up a couple titles from my recommendations above: Haibane Renmei & Texhnolyze.
I'm not very big on Haibane. It was never one of my favorite shows. As for Texhnolyze, you can even say that I dislike it. But those shows have the intelligence and richness that I can't argue regardless of my feelings of them.
Old 2018-07-19, 06:03   Link #4416
EroKing

There have been too many master baiters in this thread making the discussions either going in circles or simply derailing it with pointless comparisons. Surprised it wasn't once closed down. Every freaking season, it ends the same with that one popular show despite well knowing the rules and the history of the forums. Grow up and show some amount of maturity.
Old 2018-07-19, 06:41   Link #4417
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
He also understands the show better than many others who would just give a 10 min. rant at most and talk a bunch of nonsense. He deserves more views, but people are just looking for an excuse to talk shit of anything. It's also not a surprise the people that comment on his videos have got some measure and behave politely.
Shall I just go ahead and assume that you don't comment on his videos?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 06:47   Link #4418
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Shall I just go ahead and assume that you don't comment on his videos?
I don't even have an account
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 08:54   Link #4419
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Did I ever make an argument that sounds like "Only things that I like is worthy of deep analysis!" in this thread? If so then please point it out to me.

To demonstrate that theory, let's pick up a couple titles from my recommendations above: Haibane Renmei & Texhnolyze.
I'm not very big on Haibane. It was never one of my favorite shows. As for Texhnolyze, you can even say that I dislike it. But those shows have the intelligence and richness that I can't argue regardless of my feelings of them.
I think you misunderstand a little where I'm coming from. I just heard you say 1) You don't like the show and 2) Wished he analyzed other shows instead of this one. I am sorry if the conclusion I drew from this was in error.

Quote:
He could use some more intelligent shows with rich themes and nuances. Shows like Monster, Shin Sekai Yori, Haibane Renmei, Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze, etc. Those shows actually deserve to get deeper analyses because they are so rich and, dare I say, unique & original in some parts.
See, you say you wat him to use "more intelligent shows", which I took to mean that shows you like are "intelligent" and this one is not, and therefore not worthy of being analyzed. Therefore I'm arguing that just because you don't like a show doesn't mean no one should analyze it.

I'm sorry if I misunderstand what you meant. But this is what happens when people use objective qualifiers to state something subjective. I get confused.
Old 2018-07-19, 09:13   Link #4420
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Honest opinion here

- Before the VIRM reveal, this anime was great
- After VIRM, there are good moments, but the space events were just terrible
- I don't like Gigguk's videos because they have deep analysis, but because they are funny and entertaining
- For deep videos I go to Nearly On Red or wisecrack (have you guys watched the Evangelion video, it was awesome)

Btw, Gigguk doesn't like Franxx but he did consider 02 best girl of the season so it kinda offset each other
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote