AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-08-14, 11:04   Link #1
Ka-el

High School DxD Light Novel - Character Speculation/Theories: Issei's Peerage

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all speculation, theories, and general discussion related to Issei's Peerage.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourites.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for characters you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel or Social Groups.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

As this is a source material thread, it is expected that you should be reasonably caught up to the latest source material when participating. However, if spoiling major plot points that others may not yet have read, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags that indicate to the reader whether it's safe to open the tag. Spoiler tags with no label are not allowed!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

Until now (Shin DxD vol. 1) Issei officially got these member:
Queen: Ingvild Leviathan
Bishop 1: Asia Argento
Bishop 2: Ravel Phenex
Knight 1: Xenovia Quarta
Knight 2: Bennia Orcus
Rook 1: Rossweisse

The vacancies are: Rook 2(Mutation Piece) - 8 Pawns

Last edited by Ka-el; 2020-03-08 at 07:39.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 11:14   Link #2
godz

the only way left by verrine in the nobility of issei is that he uses the 8 pawns and if they are not enough they become mutated
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 11:18   Link #3
Ka-el

In my opinion, we'll get almost for sure a new character as second Knight, since it's highly possible that Jeanne will just stay human.

About the Rook, I don't know who could become one. I know that many speak about Tiamat, but I think she will sign a contract to be the familiar of someone, since she was introduced to be a powerful candidate as a familiar by the Familiar Master.

About pawns, I think that a couple of good candidates could be Elmenhilde and Kiyome Abe. Elmenhilde would be probably worth 2-3 pawns and Kiyome 1 (considering even Issei's power growth).

We don't know yet if Issei possesses a mutation piece and that could change many things too.

Last edited by Ka-el; 2018-08-14 at 11:37.
Old 2018-08-14, 11:19   Link #4
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
the only way left by verrine in the nobility of issei is that he uses the 8 pawns and if they are not enough they become mutated
or a mutation piece, but the pieces cannot become mutated before to having reincarnated someone (they can do it only after, according to the growth of the person itself). You can receive only a mutation piece if you're lucky, having more would be unfair to the others.
Old 2018-08-14, 11:23   Link #5
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
In my opinion, we'll get almost for sure a new character as second Knight, since it's highly possible that Lint will become a brave saint if she will ever decide to turn into something else and that the other swordswoman who could become a Knight is Jeanne, but the same discourse could me made about her (she will more likely remain a human).

About the Rook, I don't know who could become one. I know that many speak about Tiamat, but I think she will sign a contract to be the familiar of someone, since she was introduced to be a powerful candidate as a familiar by the Familiar Master.

About pawns, I think that a couple of good candidates could be Elmenhilde and Kiyome Abe. Elmenhilde would be probably worth 2-3 pawns and Kiyome 1 (considering even Issei's power growth).

We don't know yet if Issei possesses a mutation piece and that could change many things too.
Lint is already a Brave Saint.

I don't think Elmenhilde will become a Pawn I would prefer her remain as a vampire.

I do agree with Kiyome Abe becoming one of Issei's Pawns.
Old 2018-08-14, 11:27   Link #6
Lucidrago

Lint is already a Brave Saint as it was shown that she was a reincarnated angel in Volume 24 in the Rias vs Vali match.

For Verrine, it said that evil pieces can't work on gods or god-class beings. Verrine being a Super Devil and defeating Mahabali and his team of Asuras along with Balberith just closes off the possibility of her becoming Issei's or anyone's servants.

Yes there's Issei but Rias reincarnated him into a devil before he became able to defeat god-class beings. And now we see the affect that is having on Issei's pawn pieces as all of them mutated.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 11:32   Link #7
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@Lucidrago It was stated that Evil Pieces can't work on Gods. Evil Pieces can work on God-Class beings because God-Class beings aren't Gods but beings that are God-Class it would just take a King strong enough to use Evil Pieces on them which there are very few you can for example Surtr 2nd.
Old 2018-08-14, 11:35   Link #8
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Lint is already a Brave Saint as it was shown that she was a reincarnated angel in Volume 24 in the Rias vs Vali match.

For Verrine, it said that evil pieces can't work on gods or god-class beings. Verrine being a Super Devil and defeating Mahabali and his team of Asuras along with Balberith just closes off the possibility of her becoming Issei's or anyone's servants.

Yes there's Issei but Rias reincarnated him into a devil before he became able to defeat god-class beings. And now we see the affect that is having on Issei's pawn pieces as all of them mutated.
Oh yeah I forgot about Lint already being a brave saint.

Being at a level of a god doesn't make you a god. Only if your category is "god" (or buddha) you can't be reincarnated. It's not a matter of power, but of status.
Old 2018-08-14, 11:40   Link #9
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
I don't think Elmenhilde will become a Pawn I would prefer her remain as a vampire.
Elmenhilde will remain a vampire even if she become a devil, she will conserve her traits of vampire. I think she will even because like this she could be able to be under the sun (since if you're powerful sunlight doesn't affect your power), since she is a pure-blood vampire, so she is a nightwalker. It's true that weaknesses remain even if you are reincarnated, but maybe becoming a devil would weaken her vulnerability to it.
Old 2018-08-14, 11:46   Link #10
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@Ka-el I understand reincarnated devils retain they original race traits but I was thinking more along the lines that Elmenhilde already has a long life span but I am thinking about future possible harem members that have short life spans compared to devils that Issei could use his Evil Pieces on to gain a long life span.
Old 2018-08-14, 11:55   Link #11
Ka-el

Quote:
@Ka-el I understand reincarnated devils retain they original race traits but I was thinking more along the lines that Elmenhilde already has a long life span but I am thinking about future possible harem members that have short life spans compared to devils that Issei could use his Evil Pieces on to gain a long life span.
well remember that now Valerie is there, her SG can even restore the youth. And we don't know how long is a vampire life span but I doubt is comparable to devils which can leave more or less ten thousand years... And by the way a solution could be found (Issei's life will be probably almost eternal so for sure he will search for a way to live forever with his wives. Remember that they already said that while the soul is still unharmed you can always create a clone in which you can put the soul).
Old 2018-08-14, 11:58   Link #12
TommyG

I'd prefer it if Issei got all new people for his remaining peices since he got trade the first 4 but supposedly already introduced characters are going to join. I also would prefer it if Tiamat became Issei's familiar over a peerage member.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 12:09   Link #13
Lucidrago

Quote:
@Lucidrago It was stated that Evil Pieces can't work on Gods. Evil Pieces can work on God-Class beings because God-Class beings aren't Gods but beings that are God-Class it would just take a King strong enough to use Evil Pieces on them which there are very few you can for example Surtr 2nd.
I read what it said in Volume 12 when Azazel was commenting on how Issei wouldn't be able to use evil pieces on Ophis and stated that the evil pieces weren't subject to work on god-class. I don't know whether that was meant to be 'gods' or 'god-class beings' though.

Well it never said that vampires have shorter life spans than devils so it's just safe to assume that all supernatural species have around the same lifespan.

But honestly I don't see Elmenhilde becoming his servant.
Old 2018-08-14, 12:16   Link #14
TommyG

Ophis is the dragon God
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 16:25   Link #15
JBlast

One of the Kendo girls should become a peerage member and put that Kendo training to good use.
JBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 16:42   Link #16
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlast View Post
One of the Kendo girls should become a peerage member and put that Kendo training to good use.
On the battlefield or in the bedroom?
Old 2018-08-14, 19:20   Link #17
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

I see Elmenhilde joining as a pawn, I think Issei will have 3 pawns, she will be one of them.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 19:57   Link #18
B214

Well personally I'm hoping Ise would end up with more than 2 Pawns. I feel as though having a single 7/8 Piece Pawn should be something rare and not exist often.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 20:15   Link #19
Lucidrago

Honestly I don't see want any pawn Issei gets being worth more than 4 pawn pieces.

Maybe Issei will have like 4 pawns in his peerage.
Old 2018-08-14, 22:42   Link #20
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Well I said 3 pawns that seem like the perfect amount, one will be worth 2 pawn pieces and two worth 3 pieces
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote