Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-11, 15:19   Link #561
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Ainz only cares about the benefit of Nazarick.
And he is willing to bring other groups and entities into Nazarick and thus under his protection. He's even done it to a human, Tuare. There are rules governing those under his protection, Ainz rules absolutely and Nazarick is not a democracy but groups such as the Lizardmen, once they are part of the "family" they are protected and helped to flourish.

Outside Nazarick it is a free-fire zone but remember that Ainz' Great Plan (according to Demiurge) is world conquest at which point everyone will be part of Nazarick.
Old 2018-09-11, 15:30   Link #562
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
And he is willing to bring other groups and entities into Nazarick and thus under his protection. He's even done it to a human, Tuare. There are rules governing those under his protection, Ainz rules absolutely and Nazarick is not a democracy but groups such as the Lizardmen, once they are part of the "family" they are protected and helped to flourish.

Outside Nazarick it is a free-fire zone but remember that Ainz' Great Plan (according to Demiurge) is world conquest at which point everyone will be part of Nazarick.
And if he had to choose between them and the actual people of Nazarick, who do you think he would choose? He would kill all of them to help 1 person from Nazarick if he had to.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 15:36   Link #563
grecefar

I wonder if el nix will reconsider go against ainz when he saw how he obliterate the kingdoms army in one chapter...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 15:44   Link #564
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
And if he had to choose between them and the actual people of Nazarick, who do you think he would choose? He would kill all of them to help 1 person from Nazarick if he had to.
Part of the benefits for being a god is that you don’t have to choose. Though Ainz will probably make others choose because he can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I wonder if el nix will reconsider go against ainz when he saw how he obliterate the kingdoms army in one chapter...
Worry not, Ainz would reaffirm his loyalty later on...

But seriously, Ainz's efforts are being observed and noted throughout the known world. The reaction from everyone involved tend to be... intense...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2018-09-11 at 16:04.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 17:22   Link #565
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

It was an ok episode for one that had no action in it, no surprise with the amount of politics involved regarding the war.

Oh boy, that is a ridiculous amount of death knights Ainz has gathered, all I can see at this point is a complete victory for Ainz.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 17:44   Link #566
Itlandm
Porcupine

Episode 10. I am a little surprised. Ainz is showing up with an army of Death Knights already. He could have let the kingdom and the empire bleed each other out - Gazef could probably have killed a thousand people, as the king says - but if Ainz starts the battle (as he agreed to do) then the Empire will have nothing to do but to loot the corpses of the opposing army. The kingdom's army have as much chance as a snowman on a sunny summer day in Sahara. Given that Ainz knows for sure that the emperor is already plotting to betray him, that is quite a gift to give. Well, maybe someone will have second thought about the whole betrayal thing after this, but what do I know. I won't read the books till the anime is finished. That's the way I like it.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 17:54   Link #567
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

The Kingdom are so fuck in this war. They even laughed at Gazef words on Ainz Ooal Gown.

and death flags everywhere. RIP
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 19:03   Link #568
Tak

If the Kingdom was smart, they would dispatch a diplomat and attempt to at least find out about the Sorcerer Kingdom. Nobody bothered.

Another problem lies within the rules of engagement. For countless generations, the Kingdom and the Empire warred. Neither side ever managed to achieve a decisive victory, because they could not and they didn’t want to. War for them was mutual mobilization, followed by exchanges of protests & insults, minor skirmish, and everyone goes home. Both the Kingdom and the Empire actually believe business would progress as usual, with or without Ainz.

Using a recent analogy, this is akin to the endless battles fought between the Galactic Empire and the Free Planets Alliance in Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and all of a sudden the Empire managed to bring with them Royal Tree Ships from Tenchi Muyo...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2018-09-11 at 19:23.
Old 2018-09-11, 19:24   Link #569
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
If the Kingdom was smart, they would dispatch a diplomat and attempt to at least find out about the Sorcerer Kingdom. Nobody bothered.
That's something that surprised me as well. For all they know the Empire could have lied to Ainz and them both to make them fight. If I was in the king I would have definitely tried to find this Nazarick and made sure there was no machination from the Empire's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Episode 10. I am a little surprised. Ainz is showing up with an army of Death Knights already. He could have let the kingdom and the empire bleed each other out
Is that actually what would happen and what Ainz is expecting? I mean El Nix actually wants to ally with the kingdom and fight Ainz together. If he just fought the kingdom with his own forces at this junction he would just make it harder to strike an alliance with them.

I think he probably wants to force Ainz to show his power, by purposely performing bad in this war. And Ainz is playing along because he's got a plan of his own.

I guess it's also possible that the empire plans to backstab Ainz during the battle and make him fight on two fronts, but if that's the plan then he didn't quite understand how powerful Ainz is.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 19:27   Link #570
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
That's something that surprised me as well. For all they know the Empire could have lied to Ainz and them both to make them fight. If I was in the king I would have definitely tried to find this Nazarick and made sure there was no machination from the Empire's part.
You’d think a scared shitless, short-of-pissing-his-pants Gazef would be a clue, but naaaahhhh...

- Tak

Old 2018-09-11, 20:47   Link #571
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind people that any mention whatsoever of what happens in future content based on the source material is a bannable offense. Please don't talk at all about the source material, or any future unanimated content, in this thread. (This includes, among other things: correcting people's speculation, providing extra information based on future content, providing any sort of hint or clue that something will happen later, etc. etc. All 100% forbidden on this website.)
Old 2018-09-11, 21:19   Link #572
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Episode 10. I am a little surprised. Ainz is showing up with an army of Death Knights already. He could have let the kingdom and the empire bleed each other out
There is not much to gain for Nazarick to let the kingdom and empire fight.

If Ainz wants to minimize damage to Nazarick, he would send its most powerful minions. En mass, that appears to be the death knights he sent, though he could supplement the death knights with the floor and area guardians. The kingdom has no realistic chance of damaging the core of Nazarick's forces, so letting the empire fight first does little to mitigate damage to Nazarick. In fact it likely is counterproductive, because it forces Nazarick to choose between friendly fire and forgoing powerful AoE spells.

If Ainz wants to minimize the hassle for Nazarick to clean up the kingdom, letting the empire and kingdom fight would only save a little bit of trouble. Keep in mind that this is an annual border skirmish for the kingdom and empire, not a decisive battle for the fate of their nations. Think of the pointless, resource wasting wars fought between the super states in 1984, and you would get a good idea of how much stakes really rest on this battle for the empire and kingdom. The empire and kingdom, left to their own devices, would not bleed each other out. They would fight for a bit, see who has the advantage, then stop.

If Ainz wants to show Nazarick's power, letting the kingdom and empire fight would be counterproductive, because letting Nazarick's death knight army run over the kingdom with no resistance is much more effective as a show of force than letting the empire and kingdom fight first.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 21:43   Link #573
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I think even if a party of lvl 100 players got transported, they would find a hard time to penetrate Nazarick

it is simply because back in the game, Nazarick is the hardest dungeon and there is no record about anyone that cleared it except Ainz Ooal Gown guild

Ainz should be worried only on two possibilities... One, he is betrayed by Nazarick member like what happened on Shalltear... Two, another Ainz Ooal Gown somehow appeared and try to re-take the authority from him

and I quite agree that Climb could become a random hero from this war
simply because Renner need him to gain some reputations
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 22:49   Link #574
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I think even if a party of lvl 100 players got transported, they would find a hard time to penetrate Nazarick

it is simply because back in the game, Nazarick is the hardest dungeon and there is no record about anyone that cleared it except Ainz Ooal Gown guild
It was more of luck really, because Ainz's original guild, Nine's Own Goal, made the discovery of this 80+ level dungeon first, and the guild committed to defeat the dungeon in one-shot before other guilds were given a chance. Upon their victory, the guild, now reorganized as Ainz Ooal Gown, was rewarded with a world item called 'The Throne of Kings'. That is when they proceeded to transform Nazarick into the most difficult dungeon in existence.

Was the dungeon ever conquered? No, but very close. A raiding party of 1,500 strong did penetrate the dungeon up to the 8th floor until they were stopped. The 8th floor is important, because it is the place connecting various locations within and outside of the tomb.

- Tak

Old 2018-09-12, 00:17   Link #575
DemonneoPT

I like Gazef. Big powerful warriors were always my favorite characters design-wise. Probably the best hero candidate in the series so far. It's sad seeing him surrounded by so many death flags. But i was expecting something like that since the trailer for season 3 came out.
Plus, regarding the knight blondie babe, i wonder if they are going to explain what happened to half of her face
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 00:18   Link #576
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post

Ainz should be worried only on two possibilities... One, he is betrayed by Nazarick member like what happened on Shalltear... Two, another Ainz Ooal Gown somehow appeared and try to re-take the authority from him

and I quite agree that Climb could become a random hero from this war
simply because Renner need him to gain some reputations
But now Nazarick is no longer bound by the game mechanic. If a party of Lv100 players transported to the New World, Nazarick will fall for real unless Ainz ordered all his NPC back to Nazarick for maximum security and never leave Nazarick for good.

For an example, Mare and Aura would have died if there are Lv100 party waiting or ambush them when they are on the way to Jircniv Kingdom to give out Ainz's warning to the emperor.

Ainz may have died too since he always going outside alone or with a minimum security. Same goes for Demiurge.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 01:13   Link #577
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

Another problem lies within the rules of engagement. For countless generations, the Kingdom and the Empire warred. Neither side ever managed to achieve a decisive victory, because they could not and they didn’t want to. War for them was mutual mobilization, followed by exchanges of protests & insults, minor skirmish, and everyone goes home. Both the Kingdom and the Empire actually believe business would progress as usual, with or without Ainz.
An interesting thing about that is that for the Empire's professional army, it's just a live fire exercise. For the Kingdom's peasant levies, it means there won't be enough people at harvest. The Empire was planning to strangle them that way over the course of a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incest Emblem View Post
There is not much to gain for Nazarick to let the kingdom and empire fight.

If Ainz wants to minimize damage to Nazarick, he would send its most powerful minions. En mass, that appears to be the death knights he sent, though he could supplement the death knights with the floor and area guardians.
A handful of death knights would already be enough to defeat the whole Kingdom army. Maybe even just one of them. And they're not his most powerful minions. Just relatively inexpensive to make.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 01:25   Link #578
The 48th Ronin

So the Kingdom & Empire battle each other on a yearly basis. Talk about pointless bloodshed.

Can't they just, you know, do some annual fighting tournament or something?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 02:07   Link #579
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
So the Kingdom & Empire battle each other on a yearly basis. Talk about pointless bloodshed.

Can't they just, you know, do some annual fighting tournament or something?
or do an Athletic tournament like Dog Days did
should be fun
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 02:55   Link #580
pervypig

There be a big diff between athletic olympic games in dog days and an annual battle though: the athletic games make both your people and your enemies become stronger, while the annual battle is meant to shave off the enemies' population and weaken them. If the world of overlord is like that in Dog Days, EVERY single person in the world would be working hard to subjugate Ainz already.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote