AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-07-27, 11:48   Link #961
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

Do you know if this is true? I also heard that season 2 of Negima will air in fall in Japan
Starlight Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 11:52   Link #962
rooboy
Umeboshi!

That one's true - though I'm still unsure if it's a season 2 or a different rendition. Posts about it are in the anime thread: here.
Old 2006-07-27, 12:05   Link #963
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

Is the second season going to be about the festival?
Old 2006-07-27, 12:06   Link #964
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

Hey! Are you going to buy the Negima DVDs? They are coming out soon. I'm only going to buy the first dvd (maybe not) to check how they dubbed it.
Old 2006-07-27, 12:12   Link #965
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

But the anime removed so many things... , well not removed, i actually don't know what they are exactly thinking

well as long as they add the funny parts im happy D:
akurashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 12:15   Link #966
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I was actually lucky and got to hear a sample of the dubbing ... it's not great, but it wasn't like I ran out of the room shrieking or anything. I actually took more exception to the fact they changed some of the dialog (though the subtitles looked normal).

Posts about the anime (not the manga) really do belong here however.
Old 2006-07-27, 12:17   Link #967
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

<edit>Oops wrong thread. Mods pls delete.

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-07-27 at 16:52.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 12:19   Link #968
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Again, discussion of the anime belongs in THIS thread. Thank you.
Old 2006-07-27, 12:23   Link #969
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

Sorry, I'll stop, but just let me ask Sailor Enlil this.

How did your friend get the US DVD if it isn't out yet?
Old 2006-07-27, 12:25   Link #970
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

okay, back to manga! Do you like Kotaro?
Old 2006-07-27, 14:10   Link #971
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight Dreamer
Thanks for the adult swim info, so it was a lie. I got the birthday from Wikipedia, so it might not be right, but i think it is
Okay.. we'll give it a good probability ... but all you folks in school? Wikipedia is *not* a failproof source (still not acceptable as a source because of peer review variance). The Negima data sounds very authoritative in the Wiki... but there's not a single reference, cite, or bibliography. Wiki is not "canon", just a good starting point.

The only sure data is from an official Ken. A. website or one of his official publishers... which no one seems to have. Even then Ken has already made many minor errors and changed things a bit since volume 1 (no problems with that --- very few such efforts are error free, hell, the Lord of the Rings still has author errors in its latest printing and a lot of Tolkien's personal notes deal with trying to catch them all).

I'll say its highly probable most of the ages in it are right or close enough... but at least in Mana's case her backstory experiences aren't jibing easily within a 14 year lifespan. I'll even allow Kaede a "14" because its possible she's been training from birth.

"Is the second season going to be about the festival?"

As best as I can tell from the advertising.... its a loose interpretation that takes many events and reties them together.... so its another "Negima Alternative" but this time they're telling us up front so we won't hang them. It appears to rely on nothing from the first season other than the fact they all know about Negi at this point. It sounds like a lot of the other Pactios will be covered.

Mainly I'm hoping for better animation, a lot of the bits from the manga and a less trainwrecked storyline like the first series suffered from.
Now back to the manga.... more about the anime can be found in the anime thread.
Old 2006-07-27, 14:35   Link #972
rooboy
Umeboshi!

As my last anime aside: Breaking street date on DVDs and movies seems to be far more common than it is for books (where it's a biiiig no-no), I've already seen the Negima DVD for sale as well.

Back to the manga:
I actually didn't like Kotaro that much when they first introduced him as a regular character (the volume with the Demon, the water babies, and the kidnapping of Negi's friends) - he seemed a little generic shonen rival to me, but I have to admit he's grown on me a bit. A lot of that, I suspect, has to do with the turn Chizuru's taken. Whereas before she was just sort of the cute airhead girl with the big breasts, I like the slightly darker side she's shown since Kotaro showed up. Plus, anything that develops the other girls in the class is always pretty interesting in my book.

Though I would like a chapter sometime explaining about Kotaro's dog-person-ness.
Old 2006-07-27, 16:20   Link #973
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Same here with Kotaro.... He really put me off with his shouting and posturing (eek, Pokemon!!!) but his character has improved a lot with Chizuru as his mitigator. Some Kotaro backstory would be okay with me at this point.

The farthest ahead I've snagged a manga is about a week... where's I've gotten DVDs as much as six weeks ahead of "release".

I need to reread book 10 in prep for the book 11 release... I read it too fast the first time and the details they are fading... ... ...
Old 2006-07-27, 16:28   Link #974
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I would just like something explaining if Kotaro is the only dog-person or if there's others out there I guess - something that places him in the world. Like they've implied (if not outright said) that Setsuna is basically an exile from her people. Where does Kotaro fit in with his?

I have to admit, after Utawarerumono, anything with dog ears and a dog tail gets bonus points from me!
Old 2006-07-27, 16:43   Link #975
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

But but , kotaro is so cool lol , is like describing a kid, stubborn, always wanting to fight (not a kid lol), always want to win D:

I think i stick with the manga, after watching the end of the anime, i still can't believe it, the heart breaking ending, i'm sure its all ken's mastermind! he just want to make us feel pain! </end before i get yelled for blaming the author and bringing anime back to the topic>

anyway, back to someone's spoiler
at last the festival thing is coming to an end. was wondering how many chaps for it to finish..
akurashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 18:25   Link #976
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Kotaro's a good character in the sense that he works well along Negi.. i mean, its not really right that everyone thats close to Negi's age are all female. ^^;

I have to admit though, i love the Chizuru & Kotaro scenes.

& when it comes to the talk on volume 10, nothing at all is beating Nodoka and her kiss with Negi, seriously i felt my heart beat a few times while reading it.. still does it when re-reading that part.
Old 2006-07-27, 23:02   Link #977
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

True dat.... the Nodoka date was very nice (though the "kissinator" preliminary was pretty slapstick) ... also liked the Yue inner turmoil though I would have loved to smack that rodent into a furry pancake at one point.

Taking #10 with me this weekend to reread as we trot up to Spokane to retrieve #2 son who's been at high school debate camp at Gonzaga U. for 4 weeks.
Old 2006-07-28, 08:02   Link #978
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

In the beginning, I thought Kotaru was just cute with problems but now, due to Chizuru, he improve and I love him!!! OH! About Chizuru, when did Negi wrote "more of a dunce than a flower" in the class notebook?
Old 2006-07-28, 08:05   Link #979
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
True dat.... the Nodoka date was very nice (though the "kissinator" preliminary was pretty slapstick) ... also liked the Yue inner turmoil though I would have loved to smack that rodent into a furry pancake at one point.

Taking #10 with me this weekend to reread as we trot up to Spokane to retrieve #2 son who's been at high school debate camp at Gonzaga U. for 4 weeks.
I know! That ermine is annoying and a pervert! But have you ever notice that he have a magical tail!!! It can stretch as much it can!!!!!! Just kidding, but his tail do stretch alot. Like that time he grabed Yue.
Old 2006-07-28, 08:45   Link #980
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight Dreamer
In the beginning, I thought Kotaru was just cute with problems but now, due to Chizuru, he improve and I love him!!! OH! About Chizuru, when did Negi wrote "more of a dunce than a flower" in the class notebook?
That comment is actually about Fuuka (or is it Fumika?) and is from whichever episode they took him on a walking tour around campus

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-07-28 at 08:56.
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy