AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 1 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 7.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-02-21, 18:24   Link #41
FFTHEWINNER

-LOVED the snippets that we saw of the remnants' actions. hope we get to see far more of the stuff they do after they became remnants. also liked to see the confirmation of a few of the "which remnant did which of the things fake Makoto talked about in the last case of DR2"matter,such as fuyuhiko being the one that took junko's eye. and Sonia/Iboki alliance FTW XD

-was weird to see big bang monokuma though. that feels like somewhat of a plothole,as DR:AE clearly states that only one of it was made,was operable only by haiji and his dad,and got destroyed at the end of DR:AE,and i highly doubt Monaca had enough resources after DR:AE to make another one.

-so this takes place directly after Makoto returns from the island. intriguing. not sure when the Despair Arc takes place though. it obviously isnt the start of their first school year,as fuyuhiko mentions that they already have a teacher,so it is some unspecified time after that and before the experiments on Hajime, well, hajime

-some of these new ultimates are weird ass lol. there were a few that felt like they really didnt belong XD

-speaking of which. the translation legit pisses me off when it uses "super high school level" instead of "Ultimate". not only am i used to ultimate,it makes a ton more sense than the other name which sounds like gibberish to me, and on top of that about half of their talents are translated differently than the games too >

-so "Future Foundation" certainly seems a lot less good/capable after this episode. lots of in-fighting. arrogance. very low security. members judging a very important member and attacking him without listening to him first. putting all their big eggs in one basket instead of a hologram conference. if this is "humanity's best hope" then honestly the only reason despair hasnt already won is plot armor. i am rooting for despair in this one tbh >_>

-one of the few bright spots is the Ultimate Wrestler though! I am a BIG wrestling fan IRL,so add that to the fact that he is the only one who stood up for makoto and you get a guy i REALLY like. hope we see him take someone to suplex city soon

-also,where is Toko and Byakuya?? it is very weird that they arent here :/

-WTH is up with Monokuma having a different VA??!! his original one was PERFECT and this one is FAR less suitable. why did they change it??!!

-so the Ultimate Maid is clearly in love with the Ultimate President. i expected that relationship to develop only to surprisingly see her die first. i know some people would expect that to be a fakeout but i dont think they would pull the same "fake junko" trick again tbh.

-so remind me again why this anime,with the murder cycle plot, couldnt be a 3rd game instead?? :/
Old 2019-02-24, 12:17   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTHEWINNER View Post
-speaking of which. the translation legit pisses me off when it uses "super high school level" instead of "Ultimate". not only am i used to ultimate,it makes a ton more sense than the other name which sounds like gibberish to me, and on top of that about half of their talents are translated differently than the games too >

-WTH is up with Monokuma having a different VA??!! his original one was PERFECT and this one is FAR less suitable. why did they change it??!!
- "Super high school level" is the proper translation, and one that makes far more sense than "Ultimate" since there are also Super middle school level and Super elementary school level students.

- Sadly, his former VA suffers from dementia and can't work anymore as a result.
Old 2019-02-24, 12:56   Link #43
FFTHEWINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
- "Super high school level" is the proper translation, and one that makes far more sense than "Ultimate" since there are also Super middle school level and Super elementary school level students.

- Sadly, his former VA suffers from dementia and can't work anymore as a result.
-proper translation or not,that sounds like gibberish in english. the perfect wording would have been "Ultimate Highschool X". that way there could also be other Ultimate levels while also maintaining a term that makes sense and feels powerful. there is also the matter of the specializations being changed too.

-that is extremely unfortunate,though IIRC she is pretty old so that is understandable. i actually recall hearing somewhere that she died,so dementia (if not extremely severe) is atleast somewhat better :/

glad to see a reply btw! didnt think i was going to get any sort of discussion going here considering how old this is lol

I am gradually posting my thoughts and comments on each episode as i watch them, would appreciate if you would take a look at the rest as well so it doesnt feel like i am talking to myself lol XD

PS: Is your username from Key's VN Kanon? as that is my favorite VN of all time
Old 2019-02-24, 13:36   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTHEWINNER View Post
-proper translation or not,that sounds like gibberish in english. the perfect wording would have been "Ultimate Highschool X". that way there could also be other Ultimate levels while also maintaining a term that makes sense and feels powerful. there is also the matter of the specializations being changed too.

-that is extremely unfortunate,though IIRC she is pretty old so that is understandable. i actually recall hearing somewhere that she died,so dementia (if not extremely severe) is atleast somewhat better :/

glad to see a reply btw! didnt think i was going to get any sort of discussion going here considering how old this is lol

I am gradually posting my thoughts and comments on each episode as i watch them, would appreciate if you would take a look at the rest as well so it doesnt feel like i am talking to myself lol XD

PS: Is your username from Key's VN Kanon? as that is my favorite VN of all time
It sounds weird/wacky in Japanese too. I think it fits the setting of the Danganronpa series.

I've read the rest of your posts and will read the future ones too. Probably not going to post much however, since honestly, I've forgotten a lot of things.

My username comes from Saint Seiya, actually
Old 2019-02-24, 13:51   Link #45
FFTHEWINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It sounds weird/wacky in Japanese too. I think it fits the setting of the Danganronpa series.

I've read the rest of your posts and will read the future ones too. Probably not going to post much however, since honestly, I've forgotten a lot of things.

My username comes from Saint Seiya, actually
-I see,but i still think that "Ultimate Highschool X" would be the best term. not an issue though, i can replace them in my mind

-no problem. just chime in from time to time if you see something interesting

-Oh. well,do check out Kanon (VN or anime adaptation)when you can. it rocks
Closed Thread