AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-11-08, 10:13   Link #1401
Galaxian

In a new contender for Top 10 anime betrayals, Benjamin Netanyahu congratulated Biden on winning the election.
Old 2020-11-08, 10:20   Link #1402
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Not necessarily, I mean sure his base loves him and will happily eat out of his hand on command, but there are plenty of others who just deeply disagree with Democrat views on a fundamental level. They may not necessarily like Trump or even agree with him but simply cannot and will not view Democrat on certain issues and this is not something they're willing to compromise on. They may just simply decide that they want the Republican way of doing things and if Trump is the only way to get it for the next four years then that is a price they're willing to accept. Of course there are still others who are extremists who may not care about Trump in any real capacity but like his behavior as they feel it allows them to express their own different vies. For better or for worse.

Not all of those 70 million are Trump's more passionate followers. What the actual number is, your guess is as good as mine, but lets not all tar them with the same brush.
There is no difference anymore between "the republican way" and Trump's will. These 70m voters had four years time to realize the damage this president has done to the US and thought "yeah this is the way I want things to continue in this country!" Every single person who voted for Trump is directly supportive of his actions.
Old 2020-11-08, 10:38   Link #1403
Eragon
Still Alive

https://twitter.com/i/status/1325266488543096834
Old 2020-11-08, 11:48   Link #1404
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Everyone needs to be brace themselves for the next couple of months. It is going to be a trying time for this country. There are several factors at play:

1) The economy is in shambles and there is no sign of a stimulus coming any time soon. The lack of stimulus to small business and people who can no longer afford to keep a roof under their heads can lead to a massive systemic collapse.

2) The country is as divided politically as the time of the American civil war. It is in Trump's best interest to remain in power as he knows that a myriad of legal battles awaits him once he loses his presidential immunity. Therefore, it is important for him to rally his supporters and the GOP to his defense.

3) There is a pandemic going on. It will still be a while until effective treatment for Covid is achieved and as result consumer confidence in the service industry is restored.

4) Trump will devote all his energy to defend his position and forget about governing. If people thought that he was going to go away once the election is over, think again. The government will effectively be paralyzed for at least 2 months.

Dark times ahead friends... Let's hope I am wrong. For once I really would like to be.
Old 2020-11-08, 12:05   Link #1405
Jaden

It's like that time in a horror movie where the heroes kill the monster, and you breathe a sigh of relief. But then you check the runtime of the movie, and realize there's still 20 minutes to go...
Old 2020-11-08, 13:03   Link #1406
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
It's like that time in a horror movie where the heroes kill the monster, and you breathe a sigh of relief. But then you check the runtime of the movie, and realize there's still 20 minutes to go...
When you still have 20 minutes to go, it still is the good ending ...

Mazinger Z impact ending
Old 2020-11-08, 15:49   Link #1407
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"The Scouring of the Shire". Had it been in the film, would have made a three to four hour movie five to six hours long (or more).
When you have a good ending, but still have some things to resolve and you get a temporary bad ending before its fixed.
Old 2020-11-08, 16:38   Link #1408
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
In a new contender for Top 10 anime betrayals, Benjamin Netanyahu congratulated Biden on winning the election.
Two of the 21st Century's biggest DBs, Netanyahu and Dubya, finally cave and congratulate Biden. But neither is willing to do so without hedging.
Old 2020-11-08, 16:54   Link #1409
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Defensive backs?
Old 2020-11-08, 16:56   Link #1410
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If that helps you!
Old 2020-11-08, 17:24   Link #1411
cyberdemon

Geez Alaska’s not even trying to count their votes lol
Old 2020-11-08, 18:04   Link #1412
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Alaska will start counting mail-in ballots on Tuesday and are scheduled to finish by November 18th. I'm hoping for a birthday present that day with an Al Gross come-from-behind victory.

Quote:
State officials said the wait stems from Alaska’s huge size and complicated logistics: It has polling places in dozens of villages with no road access. Officials said they also need the extra week to finish the time-consuming process of logging the names of each Alaskan who voted on Election Day, then cross-referencing with absentee ballots to make sure no one’s votes are counted twice.
https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/11...tes-heres-why/

A friend of mine had heard the story about delivering ballots by dog-sled. I'm pretty sure that's apocryphal.

Quote:
It’s also made the state and its lengthy timeline fodder for jokes, in a year in which officials have already been called to rebut assertions that it delivers ballots by dog sled.
It's estimated that some 100,000 absentee ballots remain to be counted. Sullivan leads Gross by about 55,000 votes. That means Gross would have to win about 80% of the mail-in ballots. Given that Democrats largely voted by mail, while Republicans voted in-person, that outcome is possible though unlikely.

Al Gross is the most unique candidate to run for Senate this year.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-11-08, 18:07   Link #1413
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They might as well own it and actually deliver ballots by dog sled. Make a reality TV show out of it by following a crew. I'm sure the dogs will be popular.
Old 2020-11-08, 18:43   Link #1414
Galaxian

There seems to be a revolt among Fox News' audience over the elections for... Some reason... Like sure, they call Arizona for Biden before everyone else, but at the end of the day AZ was kind of irrelevant.
Old 2020-11-08, 18:51   Link #1415
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
4) Trump will devote all his energy to defend his position and forget about governing. If people thought that he was going to go away once the election is over, think again. The government will effectively be paralyzed for at least 2 months.

Dark times ahead friends... Let's hope I am wrong. For once I really would like to be.
I'm not sure that's such a bad thing...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2020-11-08, 19:35   Link #1416
The Green One

Quote:
There seems to be a revolt among Fox News' audience over the elections for... Some reason... Like sure, they call Arizona for Biden before everyone else, but at the end of the day AZ was kind of irrelevant.
Well it's an alt way to get biden to 270, AZ and PA mutually make each other irrelevant.
Old 2020-11-08, 20:02   Link #1417
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Murdoch has clearly made the decision to be the rat fleeing the sinking ship. Look at what the NY Post and WSJ have said in recent days.

The ones clinging to T are so terrified of offending the zealots that they're risking their political futures - they certainly know there was no fraud and that these nuisance lawsuits will fail.
Old 2020-11-08, 23:57   Link #1418
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Jeanine Pirro was suspended for trying to promote election conspiracy theories
There’s that too. Trump base is consider migrating To OANN

They are putting pressure on Tucker Carlson, Hannity and the usual suspects to move, but I doubt OANN ‘s paycheck is anywhere near Fox

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2020-11-09, 00:49   Link #1419
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
2020 Grammar is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Doesn't even register to what would have happened if Trump would have won again, on the long term, but especially the disasters in the streets in short term. Let's celebrate that, it's a big win. Not necessarily getting drunk, just in spirit. Disaster adverted... for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
A friend of mine had heard the story about delivering ballots by dog-sled. I'm pretty sure that's apocryphal.
Said dog(s) should better call his lawyers and prepare his defence, as I see a subpoena coming.
Old 2020-11-09, 07:38   Link #1420
cyberdemon

Apparently trump aides have said Melania is planning to divorce Trump after he leaves office