AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-12-14, 15:31   Link #1721
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

At this point its just California, Hawaii, and Massachusetts and its done (273).
Old 2020-12-14, 15:34   Link #1722
cyberdemon

So far it looks clean with no faithless electors in any confirmed state... which in trumpland means a conspiracy to deny him of what he feels is rightfully his

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2020-12-14 at 15:47.
Old 2020-12-14, 18:37   Link #1723
The Green One

Well Electoral College played ball and the proper result happened. Looks like there were no faithless electors at all. Republicans will throw one final tantrum during congress's tally of the votes but it's all over now. That was Trump's last real chance. All that remains is will he leave voluntarily? Or will more forceful measures have to be taken? I imagine he'll leave himself, he won't want the humiliation of having to be forcefully removed, but he'll shout loud and clear to his cult he's not doing it willingly. We'll hear all about it over and over again for years to come....

Last edited by The Green One; 2020-12-14 at 18:49.
Old 2020-12-15, 00:45   Link #1724
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well Electoral College played ball and the proper result happened. Looks like there were no faithless electors at all. Republicans will throw one final tantrum during congress's tally of the votes but it's all over now. That was Trump's last real chance. All that remains is will he leave voluntarily? Or will more forceful measures have to be taken? I imagine he'll leave himself, he won't want the humiliation of having to be forcefully removed, but he'll shout loud and clear to his cult he's not doing it willingly. We'll hear all about it over and over again for years to come....
Trump will probably go golfing a few days earlier and then just never return
Old 2020-12-15, 00:46   Link #1725
Johnny Dy

Quote:
All that remains is will he leave voluntarily? Or will more forceful measures have to be taken? I imagine he'll leave himself, he won't want the humiliation of having to be forcefully removed, but he'll shout loud and clear to his cult he's not doing it willingly. We'll hear all about it over and over again for years to come....
I just... I dunno what to say! Poor baby. He didn't even get to build that wall around the mexican border and has to leave... sad.
I think 70 million people didn't actually vote for Trump, but for the right to have that wall and they are all disappointed... sad.
Could have been The Great American Wall, to rival The Great Chinese Wall that can be seen from space. Now America is left behind once again... sad.
Now a mexican invasion is all but imminent. What are the poor americans to do... sad.
Old 2020-12-15, 12:11   Link #1726
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-12-15, 18:05   Link #1727
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Even Moscow Mitch has conceded.
Old 2020-12-15, 18:10   Link #1728
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Even Moscow Mitch has conceded.
He did wait till Putin acknowledged Biden's victory .
Old 2020-12-15, 18:44   Link #1729
The Green One

Well the Elector College makes it official. Anything beyond this point is pointless time wasting.

It'll be interesting watching what the rank and file GOP does now that they can't hide behind Mitchy's question dodging now that he's openly acknowledged it.
Old 2020-12-15, 20:18   Link #1730
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I do not think we are out of the woods yet. Whoever Trumps appoints to head the DOJ will no doubt start an intimidation campaign over senators to try to make them reject the votes Biden got at the Electoral College. This late in the game I do not think this is feasible, but if no one is prepared there is always that chance that things go trump's way.
Old 2020-12-15, 22:02   Link #1731
The Green One

It would still have to pass a vote in the house to actually go anywhere which isn't going to happen with the Democrat majority. It would just be pointless stalling for no other reason but to pander to Trump a silent plea of "Please oh please don't hurt me."
Old 2020-12-16, 00:50   Link #1732
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
sedition noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

se·​di·​tion | \ si-ˈdi-shən \
Definition of sedition
: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority

§2384. Seditious conspiracy
If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; July 24, 1956, ch. 678, §1, 70 Stat. 623; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, §330016(1)(N), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)
Sorry I didn't come in earlier, but seriously reciting the definition does not change things. You can spout definitions all you want, that won't make petitioning for secession a seditious conspiracy under the law. Just like it won't make this time any different from all the other times it's happened.

And yes, this election does have characteristics that are unprecedented, at least in modern times, but that does not mean that my state, which has called for secession many times, just about every time the state's favored party doesn't win, calling for it again this time is in any way unprecedented or different from the usual.

And anyway, I'm honestly not worried now. The main unprecedented thing is that a guy who we already knew hated to admit he "lost" is trying and trying to come up with something, anything, that can keep him from being a loser again. And while yes we need to fight it and watch out, I honestly doubt he'll have any chance at all convincing Congress to throw this out.
Old 2020-12-16, 01:02   Link #1733
Johnny Dy

Funny, we should be talking about Christmas. Trump is (bad) history.
Old 2020-12-16, 06:10   Link #1734
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

It'll be interesting watching what the rank and file GOP does now that they can't hide behind Mitchy's question dodging now that he's openly acknowledged it.
"I have been telling him he was not being nice, honest!"
Old 2020-12-16, 06:48   Link #1735
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
He did wait till Putin acknowledged Biden's victory .
Yes, that did not go unnoticed.
Old 2020-12-21, 17:41   Link #1736
cyberdemon

This is hilarious. Twitter has labeling everything trump says as being disputed. Instead they leave a message reminding trump every time that Biden was elected president

Oh god! Roflmao

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officials...225210492.html

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2020-12-21 at 21:09.
Old 2020-12-22, 13:30   Link #1737
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Yes, that did not go unnoticed.
Well for Putin's people it's like with Ceasar.

Putin locuta, causa finita.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2020-12-24, 13:51   Link #1738
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

can't even be decent human beings https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...trump-demanded
Old 2020-12-28, 15:00   Link #1739
Key Board
Carbon

https://twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/s...996393987?s=20

There goes Rasmussen’s supposed integrity

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2020-12-28, 15:06   Link #1740
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, a quote I've come across a lot in the days of the election was:
"If conservatives become convinced that they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy."
― David Frum, Trumpocracy: The Corruption of the American Republic
Closed Thread