Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-01-07, 20:46   Link #1881
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
So now Trump gives a clearly scripted speech as if he's being forced to read something outloud as punishment as if he was a naughty child being punished by his parents. I doubt anyone can believe a word that was just said by what had to be a sockpuppet moment.

Look I"m sorry, please don't send me to jail for my crimes! I'll be good, I promise! I'll sit in my room and think about what I did!

Trump may very well agree to resign if Pence will Pardon him in return. Which would be sad considering Trump just spend the last 72 hours throwing the man under the bus.
The edits were incredibly clumsily done, too. Would be fascinating to see what was in those missing sections (I think it's pretty easy to guess).
Old 2021-01-07, 20:57   Link #1882
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

A Capitol Police officer who was seriously injured Wednesday has died

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/u...ials-said.html
Old 2021-01-07, 21:06   Link #1883
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
A Capitol Police officer who was seriously injured Wednesday has died

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/u...ials-said.html
Seeing conflicting reports on this.
U.S. Capitol Police say the report that one of its officers had died after being assaulted by violent protesters loyal to President Trump is not accurate. NPR incorrectly reported the death based on information from a well-placed source.
Old 2021-01-08, 00:04   Link #1884
coded321
He Who Games

Something I find so very funny is how right wingers first fearmonger and decry leftists as radical, city burning anarchists, and then they say "Hold my beer".

It seems like right wingers are every bit as violent and extreme as they claim leftists are. Now, what was the term for that again? I think it starts with a "p", ends with "rojection".
Old 2021-01-08, 00:12   Link #1885
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Ultra Christians are still sticking behind Trump and claiming the country is being stolen by the Democrats.
Old 2021-01-08, 00:29   Link #1886
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The woman who died is Ashli Babbitt, Air Force vet who was stationed in Afghanistan/Iraq.

She later on got sucked into the Qanon groups. Good luck to anyone who wants to see her twitter feed.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2021-01-08, 03:27   Link #1887
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Old 2021-01-08, 04:43   Link #1888
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
From an objective point of view... Well, prior to Biden being elected, I'd heard about potentially having to open the Fourth Box, as I call it. I don't think anyone wants to realize that in many ways, the rioters did exactly that, because that's called having your own medicine used against you.

To be totally clear, what they did was an absolute atrocity. But, I like to do this thing called "get into the mindset of the opponent", the thing that so many like to quote the ancient general Sun Tzu about.

I look at it this way: in their own deranged way, they decided it was time to open the 4th box. The Boxes are the Soapbox, Ballot, Jury... and Ammo. I heard more than enough people on the Left saying that if Trump had won a second term, it would be time to open the Ammo box. Fortunately for them, Biden was elected. But... that still leaves 74 million people who lost and became Highly Upset. These others... they're really still using the Soapbox online, they used the Ballot Box, the Jury box keeps going against them (SCOTUS throwing out challenges)... so the Fourht Box, the Ammo box, was opened. Of course, that's the same box which is equivalent to opening Pandora's Box; once you do it, there's no going back.

Personally, I'm beginning to pity them. Even if by modern-day standards they have no place in society... the fact of the matter is, they're still humans who exist. But, I still do hope every one of them sees a minimal of 20 years behind bars.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2021-01-08, 04:56   Link #1889
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
So now Trump gives a clearly scripted speech as if he's being forced to read something outloud as punishment as if he was a naughty child being punished by his parents. I doubt anyone can believe a word that was just said by what had to be a sockpuppet moment.

Look I"m sorry, please don't send me to jail for my crimes! I'll be good, I promise! I'll sit in my room and think about what I did!

Trump may very well agree to resign if Pence will Pardon him in return. Which would be sad considering Trump just spend the last 72 hours throwing the man under the bus.
"please Mommy, gimme back mah twatter! I be a good boi"
Old 2021-01-08, 04:59   Link #1890
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I would like to note that I removed a sexist and racist off-topic tangent from this thread. These sorts of posts are not allowed on this website. Please report any such posts and do not engage.
Old 2021-01-08, 05:54   Link #1891
James Rye

The USCP describes it as collapsing in office after receiving injuries at the riot and then dying in the hospital. So yeah, I think it is accurate to say that he got killed due the riot as otherwise he wouldn't have gotten injured there.

https://www.uscp.gov/media-center/pr...ian-d-sicknick
Old 2021-01-08, 08:48   Link #1892
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
She later on got sucked into the Qanon groups. Good luck to anyone who wants to see her twitter feed.
It is called domestic radicalization, all thanks to social networks like Facebook that have profited from letting dangerous lies spread freely, the mantra being "It is not terrorist radicalization if done by white 'murricans". Ever heard the story of the kid that played with fire until he burned down the house?

Meanwhile even now the GOP is covering the child emperor, pence is doing what he does best, being invisible, resisting to talk the possibility of invoking the 25th. You can bet your whole 401k that moscow mitch will delay a new impeachment by two weeks, giving trump enough time to pardon himself or to twist pence into a pretzel until he grants trump the pardons he desperately needs.

Then, the day of Biden's inauguration Trump will declare himself "legitimate president". How do I know? Because that is what more than a decade ago his twin (remember the Danny Devito movie?) here in Mexico did when he lost the election. He went as far as making a shadow cabinet and dedicated all his energies to pressure the elected legislators from his own political party to block any reforms to make the new government look useless.
Old 2021-01-08, 08:59   Link #1893
Key Board
Carbon

He can declare himself as Jesus if he wants

Who is going to support him besides a bunch of larpers and internet warriors. Most of the GOP already burned bridges with Trump base. At this rate they no longer fear being primaried. They expect it

The worst Trump can do is inspire more Oklahoma bombers.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2021-01-08, 09:22   Link #1894
The Green One

It's sad that only now are social media sites suspending or banning Trump. It's clear that they were afraid of retaliation by him, and for obviously good reason, and felt they could only just now act once the electoral votes were finally recorded by Congress removing the last chance of any 11th hour turn around.
Old 2021-01-08, 09:46   Link #1895
cyberdemon

Quote:

He could always make a deal over it like if he gets pardoned then he agrees never to run for the office again. That would allow republicans to save face with his voter base. And democrats no longer have to deal with him and get the same effect as an impeach. Plus Trump still has many state issued lawsuits to deal with that is bound to keep him busy for a long time
Old 2021-01-08, 11:15   Link #1896
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
... he agrees never to run for the office again.
He sure does not sound like the man you are describing in his latest tweet.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...863553542?s=20
Old 2021-01-08, 11:16   Link #1897
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Something I find so very funny is how right wingers first fearmonger and decry leftists as radical, city burning anarchists, and then they say "Hold my beer".

It seems like right wingers are every bit as violent and extreme as they claim leftists are. Now, what was the term for that again? I think it starts with a "p", ends with "rojection".
Probably because it was actually peaceful by the standards set during BLM protests.
Old 2021-01-08, 11:31   Link #1898
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
He can declare himself as Jesus if he wants

Who is going to support him besides a bunch of larpers and internet warriors.
Lunatics, some of them armed.
Old 2021-01-08, 11:57   Link #1899
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

45% of Republicans approve of the Capitol riots, poll claims

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1783807.html

Be afraid, very afraid ...
Old 2021-01-08, 12:55   Link #1900
The Green One

Well Democrats are making a lot of noise about rushing an impeachment through but I don't see enough Republicans getting a spine transplant. Riots didn't stop them from still making pointless objections to certifications. Even if Trump gets barred from public office from a successful impeachment he'll still try to puppeteer proxies to do his bidding for him. Still a point has to be made, this can't be excused by remaining silent.