AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-03-02, 09:15   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1006 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Time for more OP goodness! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for the spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Chivalrous Hyougoro the Flower". Splash is a color page featuring the Hundred Beast Pirates!

-Momo's group has been discovered by Bao Huang, who announces their location to the entire island! In light of this situation, Sanji now has to decide whether to help Momo or Kinemon. Meanwhile, Carrot and Wanda have both been taken down by Perospero! The minister gained the upper hand on them when clouds covered the full moon, taking them out of their sulong forms. He mocks the both of them over Pedro's death before reentering the castle....

- Back at the stage, X Drake and Hyougoro are still guarding Chopper as he concocts the antidote for Queen's virus. Unfortunately, the yakuza leader gets himself infected in the midst of battle! On the plus side, the pathogen greatly raised the old man's strength, giving him the large frame he had when he was younger! Using this newfound strength, Hyou uses an impressive technique to take down the Mimawarigumi samurai! While fighting, he recalls his regrets over not joining forces with Oden 20 years ago. But now, thanks to Kinemon's efforts, they were able to pull off this raid, plus he gained a great disciple in Luffy, so he can now die with no regrets.....

-.....A sentiment that Queen is all too willing to oblige, as he aims a beam at the old man! However, he gets stopped by Marco, who's still taking on both him AND King! The phoenix man puts up an impressive fight against them both, but notes he's starting to get exhausted taking on two billion+ bounty heads at once. What's more, the former WB commander gets spotted by Perospero, who just entered the room! Back to the stage, the virus begins to take its toll on old Hyou, who begs a subordinate of his to end his life.....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-03-08 at 14:43.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-02, 13:12   Link #2
Hoodspirit

YES!
It wouldn't have felt right to make Perospero pay for something Pedro did.

He might even team up with Marco again, now tha BM isn't looking.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-02, 18:02   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not sure what the point of throwing such a dilemma at Sanji is. For meta reasons, he will obviously go to Kinemon since Yamato is guarding Momonosuke and she's more than enough to handle anyone that isn't already engaged in a fight.
Old 2021-03-03, 15:18   Link #4
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not sure what the point of throwing such a dilemma at Sanji is. For meta reasons, he will obviously go to Kinemon since Yamato is guarding Momonosuke and she's more than enough to handle anyone that isn't already engaged in a fight.
Well Sanji shouldn't know who Yamato is, so he shouldn't know her strength but if anything he will go to her rescue more so than Momo lol.

Glad to know we will be getting more tid bits on Marco atm, while i don't expect him to beat either, holding them off should be a quite fight in its right.

Also glad Perospero is getting into the thick of things.
Old 2021-03-03, 17:42   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Yeah, Sanji better avoid Yamato for it. Somehow I can feel Sanji become a masochist for the girls XD
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 18:46   Link #6
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Yeah, Sanji better avoid Yamato for it. Somehow I can feel Sanji become a masochist for the girls XD
What do you mean "becoming"?

I'm really happy that Marco seems to be doing so well against both King and Queen. His finally getting the respect he deserves.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 19:22   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Not if he doesn't die from jealousy over Momo being stuffed between Yamato's boobies first!
Old 2021-03-04, 08:00   Link #8
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Not if he doesn't die from jealousy over Momo being stuffed between Yamato's boobies first!
You forgot Brook as well. I start to notice it as every time Sanji got hit by Nami or any girls, he always reacts with a heart-shaped eye. It makes me think Sanji is a masochist when it comes to the girls.

Though, it makes me think that if Sanji goes in the same approach. I think he will get a love-shaped eye again when he discovers Yamato's identity and she knocks him down.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 08:15   Link #9
marvelB

Summary updated! Welp, it's pretty clear now that Marco's gonna tag out of his bout with the all-stars soon enough.... especially if Peros turns hostile towards him, as well. Speaking of the candy man, whether or not Pedro was justified in that suicide attack, he sure is being a dick, taunting poor Carrot like that.....

Also, nice to see old Hyougoro get some action! I especially liked how he considered Luffy a disciple (well, it is thanks to him that the rubber man can hurt Kaidou now). Hurry up and save him, Chopper!

Lastly, gotta say that Beast Pirate color page is frickin' suh-weet. I love it when Oda does those villain spreads!
Old 2021-03-04, 11:17   Link #10
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Summary updated! Welp, it's pretty clear now that Marco's gonna tag out of his bout with the all-stars soon enough.... especially if Peros turns hostile towards him, as well. Speaking of the candy man, whether or not Pedro was justified in that suicide attack, he sure is being a dick, taunting poor Carrot like that.....
Carrot sliced open his face in an ambush and wanted to kill him, also she is the disciple of the guy who took his arm. By letting her live he showed more good will than most people would do in this situation.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-05, 00:45   Link #11
Rainbowman

Love Marco’s birdy feet. Also love the villain color spread.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 18:08   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It looks Perospero won because the weather got cloudy and Carrot and Wanda lost their sulong forms. Might have turned out differently otherwise.
Old 2021-03-06, 20:24   Link #13
marvelB

Quote:
It looks Perospero won because the weather got cloudy and Carrot and Wanda lost their sulong forms. Might have turned out differently otherwise.
Well, it depends, I think. If he were still facing them alone, then he may have been screwed, yes. But if he smuggled the other ministers with him via a mirror or book (maybe even both), then the result would have been the same. And I'm sure Hoodspirit would be just as happy to see those no-good minks get their just desserts for sticking their noses where they don't belong.

Anyway, I hope Sanji chose to save the Scabbards, because as was noted earlier, Yamato is plenty strong enough to defend Momo on her own (we still don't even know what creature she can morph into yet). As far as Marco goes, I think he'd be in even more trouble if both the all-stars morph into their hybrid forms at this point. He'd be doubly screwed if Peros joins the fight as an enemy. On the other hand, if the minister is there as an ally, that would definitely be a boon for the hero side (especially if he's hiding an army of ministers on his person). Of course, that still leaves the possibility of Peros double-crossing Marco once the alliance is no longer convenient for him, but that's a bridge we'll cross when we get there....
Old 2021-03-07, 00:34   Link #14
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Stay healthy friends, don’t turn into ice demons.

Thanks for the reminder, Oda. Feels like a timely and great reminder to keep our heads above water.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-07, 01:07   Link #15
Itsmepatrick

Sanji will have to choose the one he's going to protect among Scabbards or the Alliance Commander/Leader Momonosuke kozuki. If I were to pick, I'd rather him going to the Scabbards location and fight Jack first then help Marco to face Queen,King and possibly Perospero afterwards.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-07, 12:08   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Perospero will help Marco, because otherwise the samurai are totally screwed. There is no one else available who can take on King and Queen.
Old 2021-03-08, 05:54   Link #17
Zolton

This ice virus subplot has been really annoying. It's been 14 chapters already.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-08, 07:52   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolton View Post
This ice virus subplot has been really annoying. It's been 14 chapters already.
Will probably be resolved next week, since I really doubt Hyogoro will die.

And we already saw him still fighting last week, but geez, what does it take to bring Apoo down?
Old 2021-03-08, 14:54   Link #19
marvelB

Come to think of it, if Peros does choose to help Marco, it's probably so he can give King some payback for knocking him down the waterfall earlier. And if that's really the case, then he'd be a total hypocrite since King was doing the exact same thing he did at WCI (defend his turf against invaders). I wonder if Oda will address that....?

Quote:
And we already saw him still fighting last week, but geez, what does it take to bring Apoo down?
Hey, like I've been saying for some time now, NONE of the Worst Gen supernovas should be taken lightly!
Old 2021-03-08, 19:48   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Come to think of it, if Peros does choose to help Marco, it's probably so he can give King some payback for knocking him down the waterfall earlier. And if that's really the case, then he'd be a total hypocrite since King was doing the exact same thing he did at WCI (defend his turf against invaders). I wonder if Oda will address that....?
What's hypocritical about that? They've been enemies for years, it's natural for him to want pay-back after he was humiliated.