AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-08, 09:15   Link #821
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
But most likely unwillingly, since apparently he holds a grudge against Shin he will not spare them, not until the moment he hears Lena's voice and their consciousnesses will mix together sharing their own most inner memories, Lena, Shin, bro and Sawano. It will change bro mind to spare 86ers (in some way).
way too easy to foresee

Foretelling skills apart, I liked the last episode, yeah, the drama was a bit dull, but I think it due mostly by the fact the two main characters never really interacted with each other, that prevented me to be invested enough. the run btw was fine for me, it still reinforced the feeling of Lena being completely estranged by her own city and country, step by step even more since any step she took was a step less from being completely alone.

But I loved the evil Lena, a bit sceptical on how practical is to take control of missile system of such a scale, but kudos to the NTR move.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 09:31   Link #822
sierra117
Harem Seeker

A bit off topic but Album 86 -エイティシックス-」ED テーマ「Avid」/Hand Up to the Sky SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki already out
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 12:00   Link #823
Frontier

Spearhead finally has found their own kind of freedom, being able to just stroll through and enjoy nature and not having to worry about fighting for a country that betrayed and used them. They even have Shin there to help keep them safe from the Legion, even if it's clear there's only so much you can do to run from them, especially with their limited resources .

It was nice to see the team dressed down a little, including shirtless Raiden and Kurena ending up naked from playing with a butterfly .

Raiden's such a great buddy, being there for Shin and being concerned about him. Shin has found peace and a kind of tranquility from defeating Rei and letting him move on, and he seems much more happy and jovial, but Raiden seems to tell that a part of it feels forced and Shin still seems detached from everything .

Poor Kurena is stuck in the little sister role. She has such an innocent love for Shin but thinks it's totally okay for guys and girls to bathe together, not even thinking about wanting to see Shin naked (unless she secretly was the whole time, which is more crafty than I expected) .

The only time they mention Lena the whole episode is when they talk about what Shin imparted to her, and how that was important to him. For a Reaper who had to keep the name and memory of so many of the fallen alive, he found someone who could carry on his name and memory .

Shin couldn't resist giving a fellow Eighty-Six stuck as a Legion the peace they so longed for...whether it be trapped as an Eighty-Six or trapped as a Legion, which is the worse cage when people are reduced to being animals .

Jeez, it's bad enough how the Republic usually treats them, but they had to make the Eighty-Six take mugshots when they arrived at the base? It was nice to see everybody again, but still. I'm glad Shin got to intimidate that jerk officer into taking a proper group photo .

Fido is a good boy! And he's been with Shin for most of his life, including apparently back before the war since they flash to what looked like a picture of Shin, Rei, and Annette as kids. But he's also been with Spearhead through all the good times, the bad times, the reflective times, and even, apparently, to the very end of Fido's life. He was there to tell them not to sweat the small stuff in his own way, and he carried their memories in his own way till he shut down and blew up .
Old 2021-06-12, 12:30   Link #824
sierra117
Harem Seeker

This episode seriously hit where it hurts
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 13:26   Link #825
Yazi88

This ep was all new material, not in the novel. Interesting character moments.
Yazi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 13:32   Link #826
Eraea

Holy hell, I didn't know seeing Fido's Perspective will hurt to bad that it feels so good.
Eraea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 18:32   Link #827
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fido's death hurt me more than any of the human deaths in the series. I don't know if it means the others have been handled poorly or this one was handled exceptionally well.

The Albas intend to wipe all records of the 86 after they're gone, but they still take mug shots of them just for the lulz? That was comically evil.
Old 2021-06-12, 20:05   Link #828
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The Albas intend to wipe all records of the 86 after they're gone, but they still take mug shots of them just for the lulz? That was comically evil.
It's a vindictive kind of petty to make kids forcibly conscripted into being soldiers feel even worse by making them act like criminals when their only "crime" is looking different from you .
Old 2021-06-12, 20:13   Link #829
Wandering Soul

Sorry Daiya and Katia, but Fido won the award for saddest death. I was genuinely hoping he wouldn't go by the end.
Old 2021-06-12, 20:21   Link #830
Xiyon

You've gotten predictable, Eighty-Six!

As soon as the highlight reel aired, I was already tightening my heartstrings for what was clearly going to unfold...!

...now don't mind me. There's just some water leaking from my eyes.

Dayum, why!
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 22:55   Link #831
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Sorry Daiya and Katia, but Fido won the award for saddest death. I was genuinely hoping he wouldn't go by the end.
I don't know if it says something about how unmemorable you found her death, but her name was Kaie .
Old 2021-06-12, 23:19   Link #832
leongsh
Daijoubu!

When the End Credits started early, I was wondering what they're going to show. Then we get the vid from the perspective of Fido and how he met Shin. The vid continued in sequential order until it started to jump around. I went,"Ah.. They're killing off Fido. I wonder whether this is in midst of battle or running out of juice." Sure enough, it was the death of Fido and from battle.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-13, 00:51   Link #833
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
The Nazis may not have taken photos, but they did keep meticulous records of all the people they killed.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-13, 01:32   Link #834
magnuskn

Yeah, that was a bit too obvious "let's tug at the heartstrings!" writing for me. It's not very effective, when one can see it coming so clearly. The only thing it made me is more pissed off at the Alba for killing all those kids. The robot... eh. No explanation why he apparently is a benevolent true AI, but what else do I expect from this show?
Old 2021-06-13, 01:33   Link #835
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Fido's death hurt me more than any of the human deaths in the series. I don't know if it means the others have been handled poorly or this one was handled exceptionally well.

Something about adorable, innocent characters (often non-human) getting killed makes the impact 10x worse. 86 is trying to hit where it hurts....

EDIT: On the episode, the Shuumatsu Ryokou feel of their adventure is great.
Old 2021-06-13, 07:49   Link #836
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The robot... eh. No explanation why he apparently is a benevolent true AI, but what else do I expect from this show?
This is quite a hot take. Did you just assume it won't be explained later?

A hint from the anime:

Spoiler:
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-13, 09:35   Link #837
Frontier

They look so adorable...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Something about adorable, innocent characters (often non-human) getting killed makes the impact 10x worse. 86 is trying to hit where it hurts....
Especially when you get a sense of really how long Fido had been with Spearhead and how much he'd witnessed, on-top of his connection to Shin .
Old 2021-06-13, 10:36   Link #838
grecefar

sometimes is amazing how they can make the death of an object (being sentient) more emotional than any human, fido death did hurt.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-14, 00:25   Link #839
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
This is quite a hot take. Did you just assume it won't be explained later?
Given that he is shown to be dead at the end of the episode, I have low expectations. Also, you can't just handwave every inconsistency away with "that will be explained later, I'm totally sure". Anyway, it's a minor point. The episode tried too hard to make people sad, IMO.
Old 2021-06-14, 07:40   Link #840
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
And that is the tragic thing about it in more ways than one. How is it that Fido got the most care yet the least time? This came to mean something, even if it was fleeting. I doubt I could remember the others but Fido I would because it was given a chance to make an impact, to do something memorable.

If Fido is gone, good luck to anyone that isn't Shin surviving in that last lot of the 86 we know. Hopefully Lena shows up in the last episode. Making up my mind with it whether I want to watch S2 or not.

Tags
harem, mecha, politics, sci-fi