AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-30, 13:47   Link #241
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
The show is produced by Toei, and they've got many other shows which show that stuff without any qualms. Blame the time slot instead.

And no adaptation is 100% faithful to the original work, you already should've known that.
Toei is not only producing, TV Tokyo is involved and anyone who is aware of the series it is involved knows that it promotes "progressive changes" or softening of the original content (One Punch Man 2 and Nanatsu no Taizai 3 are some examples). Sh% t, Nanatsu no Taizai 2 when it was broadcast on MBS 6:30 am had blood, dismemberment and fanservise.

Just compare Dragon Quest to Kitaro, both were broadcast on the same time slot, but on different channels.

Anime info: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=23361

Fuji TV (Kitaro) >>>>>>>>>>>>TV Tokyo

So it is important to know the channels on which the anime will be broadcast in Japan to know what you can expect.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2021-05-30 at 13:59.
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 13:55   Link #242
Void

Oh, so is the TV station then. Now I know why so many avoid that channel like the plague.

Even so, is not really that big of a deal, I've seen worse. But yeah, that kind of stance is only going to backfire in the long run.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 14:01   Link #243
Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Reborn anime was much worse.
Never watched it, how bad we're talking.
Old 2021-05-30, 14:03   Link #244
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Never watched it, how bad we're talking.
I deleted it accident, but frankly speaking. The anime was ridiculously censored to points that reminded at times what 4kids did with One Piece.
Of course, there may be exceptions, but TV Tokyo is not a channel that makes fans happy.
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 01:25   Link #245
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Toei is not only producing, TV Tokyo is involved and anyone who is aware of the series it is involved knows that it promotes "progressive changes" or softening of the original content (One Punch Man 2 and Nanatsu no Taizai 3 are some examples). Sh% t, Nanatsu no Taizai 2 when it was broadcast on MBS 6:30 am had blood, dismemberment and fanservise.

Just compare Dragon Quest to Kitaro, both were broadcast on the same time slot, but on different channels.

Anime info: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=23361

Fuji TV (Kitaro) >>>>>>>>>>>>TV Tokyo

So it is important to know the channels on which the anime will be broadcast in Japan to know what you can expect.
Thanks for the clarification. I guess I'll have to hope my favorite series won't be handled by TV Tokyo then. In this case the censorship isn't too bad, but progressive changes are one of the last things I want to see in anime adaptations.
Old 2021-05-31, 11:24   Link #246
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Did Maam never consider that a powerful sword might help Dai fight the evil army trying to wipe out all of humanity!? This is why no one tells Maam anything! She hears a story like that and comes to the most idiotic conclusion possible. Dai shouldn't get a sword that could be used to kill his father...I guess her plan is just to punch the big evil in the face on her own?

Maybe they are trying to make Maam seem really dumb to make her potential pairing with Popp make sense? Certainly made Popp "I wonder if Merle likes me...nah" seem like a genius .
Old 2021-05-31, 11:32   Link #247
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Don't be too hard on Popp. Until recently, he wasn't a very likeable person. Even now, he's still annoying. Merle is probably the first girl to ever like him. I don't blame him for not believing it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 15:47   Link #248
Void

Dragon Quest is a classic shonen, the overusage of shonen clichés and tropes shouldn't caught you by surprise.
Old 2021-05-31, 16:58   Link #249
Lex79

Maam's principal character trait is that she is kind and compassionate, she is someone who doesn't want to harm anyone unless strictly necessary. That's probably the reason the author inserted that scene...the problem is in this case that only makes her sound like an idiot, especially since she should know she can trust Dai to do the right thing when the time comes.

Edit to add: in case anyone was wondering why Maam slapped Pop so hard for staring at her, in the manga
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lex79; 2021-06-01 at 07:38.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-01, 17:02   Link #250
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Edit to add: in case anyone was wondering why Maam slapped Pop so hard for staring at her, in the manga
Spoiler:
I figured it was something like that. They're removing anything remotely sexual.
Old 2021-06-01, 23:04   Link #251
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Spoiler:
You don't even have to read the manga. It is so obvious what he did... err, supposed to do.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-02, 07:22   Link #252
Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I figured it was something like that. They're removing anything remotely sexual.
And violent, ruthlessly violent, like how they skipped Galdandi slaughtering an entire kingdom for kicks.

They made this adaptation aimed solely to children. Given that channel's track record I can hardly say it surprises me, not to mention what we got is still much better than DBS
Old 2021-06-05, 17:02   Link #253
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The situation with Maam was resolved very easily. She really shouldn't have doubted Dai in the first place, but at least she understood once they explained better.

The sword of champions doesn't look like the one Dai is using in the ED so it's probably garbage. Will have to find another weapon.

If Zamza, who is a wizard type, managed to become this strong physically, it'll be really bad news if they use this process on Hadlar. And they obviously will.
Old 2021-06-06, 10:51   Link #254
Lex79

Maam still looked pretty dumb for how she reacted, but that didn't become a major rift between her and her friends. We saw Chu fight and he turned out to be quite weak, so we got our comic relief character. If anything, it's strange it took so much time for Maam to notice his weak point...

Zamza turned out to be the giant monster Dai was fighting in the opening. We'll see in the next episode his real abilities and how fearsome is the research he and Zaboera are doing.
Old 2021-06-12, 17:02   Link #255
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm not sure what that refraction fist is, but it sure is strong. Why did Maam wait until now to use it? Did she just master it on the spot? That's not what it sounded like.

Also, ghost guy is totally her master. Dude, fucking HELP!
Old 2021-06-13, 03:46   Link #256
Lex79

Despite being weak (at least compared to Dai's party), we cannot deny that Chu has the courage to be a hero, so much that Pop, who used to be a coward, has to acknowledge him. Hopefully he'll always remember how much more effective ha can be when he doesn't care about appearances.

The ghost guy...he helped. In the most effective way, by guiding Maam into solving the situation with her own strenght.
Old 2021-06-14, 01:28   Link #257
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I think Ghost Guy might want to knock off being the hands off Master and actually contribute a bit more. Maam already knows how to use that technique so it isn't like this is a necessary step of her training. If Dai and company get killed it won't do much good to try to gently guide her from the sidelines . But I suppose he at least did something. Maam for some reason wasn't busting out the move that would get her out there and helping her friends and needed a push. Unless that move has some serious negative effects on her then I'm not sure why she just let herself stay captured all that time .

Not sure I loved the move of having Maam look like an idiot last week and then immediately turning her around. If you are going to convince her that easily to help get the sword then don't bother with it in the first place. Didn't need to tell the audience that Dai isn't just trying to get a sword to kill his dad .
Old 2021-06-14, 02:12   Link #258
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I think Ghost Guy might want to knock off being the hands off Master and actually contribute a bit more. Maam already knows how to use that technique so it isn't like this is a necessary step of her training. If Dai and company get killed it won't do much good to try to gently guide her from the sidelines .
Unless he's tired of magic swordsmen hogging the hero spot, and wants a magic martial artist to get it. With the added bonus of the new hero being female, for extra inclusivity. Truly, wokism knows no limit.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-14, 03:24   Link #259
Lex79

Well, as stupid as it may be, we know that being unwilling to harm even her enemies is one of Maam's traits. She is the one who initially refused to accept the Madan gun, after all...Given how powerful the senka rekkoken seems to be, I can see her not wanting to use it unless it's absolutely necessary.
Regarding Ghost kun...putting aside the fact that it hasn't been shown yet how strong in a fight he is, I think his behavior comes from both having absolute trust in Maam's abilities and the typical trope of passing the mantle tothe next generation.
Old 2021-06-19, 12:55   Link #260
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wow, finally something that resembles fanservice!
See, that wasn't so hard. Horrifying shrieking feminists didn't drop down from the sky and devour your TV station, right?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, dai no daibouken, dragon quest, remake