AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-10, 01:16   Link #21
Strahan

Carrot is enough for me to keep watching. Kinda wonder at that name, lol, will Frau be responsible for naming her in a later ep? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
No anime do that, for a good reason.
Well, can't say no anime as it's been done before.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-10, 05:53   Link #22
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Ugh... Malicious grins and slashes, senselessly overpowered characters, unclear plot, and the cherry on-top-of-the-cake - the blasting of a fortified town to smithereens. Hard drop.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-16, 13:02   Link #23
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
If randomly shuffling anime had any use, more anime would have done that. No anime do that, for a good reason. I like originality, but literally just broadcasting random episodes is not original, but lazy.
Someone didn't watch Haruhi.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-16, 19:59   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Someone didn't watch Haruhi.
Yeah, my bad I said "No". I should have said "rarely", even though it is even rarer than that.
That said, lazy. Everyone knows about Haruhi. You should mention something more impressive like that anime a long while back that broadcasted its episodes backwards. I think it was Gekka or Gekkan or something like that, with two words in its name. Can't remember its name.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-16, 22:06   Link #25
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

According to a 30 second google search, Concrete Revolutio, Kara no Kyoukai, Baccano, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, and Monogatari all aired out of order.

And the one you are thinking of is Touka Gettan back in 2007 that aired in reverse order.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-16, 22:50   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
According to a 30 second google search, Concrete Revolutio, Kara no Kyoukai, Baccano, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, and Monogatari all aired out of order.

And the one you are thinking of is Touka Gettan back in 2007 that aired in reverse order.
Dang it, that's why I couldn't find it. Got some of the letters wrong.
But hmm, I didn't know about Concrete. Interesting. 2015, huh. Sounds about right.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-07-17, 12:53   Link #27
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

This article explains the reasoning of the showrunners for how the series is being aired.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 20:27   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
This article explains the reasoning of the showrunners for how the series is being aired.
More hot air than a hot air balloon.

Old 2021-07-22, 10:09   Link #29
EroKing
Version Zero

Episode 4

*stares at her massive boobs*
Oh, Sally...
Old 2021-07-22, 19:56   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I love how despite the saying "Give it 3 episodes", they decided to broadcast episode 1 on the 4th episode. Oh well, this anime is doomed anyways, so gotta enjoy it in any way you still can.

Old 2021-07-23, 01:11   Link #31
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I don't really understand why there's so much hating on this show. (Not just here, but elsewhere, too.) Sure, it's not the greatest, but I've sat through much worse. I mean, it's not like it's Gibiate or anything. Even the out-of-order airing makes a kind of sense, or at least it does so far.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-23, 10:31   Link #32
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I don't really understand why there's so much hating on this show. (Not just here, but elsewhere, too.) Sure, it's not the greatest, but I've sat through much worse. I mean, it's not like it's Gibiate or anything. Even the out-of-order airing makes a kind of sense, or at least it does so far.
As a fan of the manga, I like this anime as well, but being aired out of order isn't doing it any favours.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-23, 11:32   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Gibiate is on the "it's so bad, it's actually funny" area though. So just being bad and not bad enough isn't really a good thing.
That, and even Gibiate knew to broadcast the episodes in order.

Old 2021-07-23, 11:58   Link #34
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
I'm relatively sure that it has something to do with the vast majority of today's anime watchers didn't see shows like Haruhi (as mentioned previously) or Rental Magica.

This show sounds like it would be relatively run-of-the-mill... but again, it's the broadcast order that is driving everybody crazy. At least haruhi had KyoAni behind it... and Rental magica basically came and went without much fanfare back in the day.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-23, 13:33   Link #35
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
it's the broadcast order that is driving everybody crazy. At least haruhi had KyoAni behind it... and Rental magica basically came and went without much fanfare back in the day.
I'm old enough to remember when TV series were deliberately set up not to have a specific running order.

But seriously, what I've seen so far is a start to the series that's somewhere in the middle, followed by a look back to the "origin story." That's really not so unusual. Kino no Tabi did the same thing in recent years. So did Boogiepop. Unless they start going completely random, I don't see how it's a problem.
Old 2021-07-23, 16:11   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Unless they start going completely random, I don't see how it's a problem.
So you see the problem then!

Old 2021-07-23, 23:23   Link #37
scififan

Quote:
So you see the problem then!
Not really random.

It somehow like Hirgurashi. it first started out some mystery, or out of no where plot.
In the several episodes later, the new plot answered the out of no where plot. The thing is you do not have to like it. You may not like the plot, but it does not mean the plot is necessarily bad.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-23, 23:48   Link #38
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Not really random.

It somehow like Hirgurashi. it first started out some mystery, or out of no where plot.
In the several episodes later, the new plot answered the out of no where plot. The thing is you do not have to like it. You may not like the plot, but it does not mean the plot is necessarily bad.
By that logic, even if it was "really random", you would just say that any episode with a story later that is broadcasted earlier was done on purpose to lay out mysteries and any episode with a story earlier that is broadcasted later was done to explain them.
For a basic fantasy story too, nonetheless.
And if you pay money for some streaming service who most certainly, certainly has nothing to do with this anime's random broadcast order, you can watch it in the original order.

Old 2021-07-24, 01:15   Link #39
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I think some of us are unclear on the definition of "random."

There's a difference between the broadcast order simply being different from the chronology of the episodes and the broadcast order being "random." A "random" broadcast order would be if they put all the episode numbers in a hat and then picked the schedule according to whatever order they pulled the numbers out. Statistically speaking, it's not impossible that such a method would produce the order we've seen, but it's much more likely that they thought about it and chose to run them this way.
Old 2021-07-24, 11:55   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Statistically speaking, it's not impossible that such a method would produce the order we've seen, but it's much more likely that they thought about it and chose to run them this way.
It's a shame that when they "thought", they didn't have a "second thought" about discarding most of the audience for whatever deal they made with danime or whatever that streaming site is.