AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-07-03, 18:34   Link #221
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ligia's in as well if she can start being interested in romance. Right now she's in denial and acting like she isn't interested.

And I'm not sure what to say about the High Priestess of the Hasas. Was she just teasing him, or is she serious? What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
That's not guaranteed. Even Villetta and Kaname from Code Geass had their hostile moments when that happened.
Yes, I know it's not guaranteed. But it can still happen.
Old 2021-07-04, 14:27   Link #222
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Ligia's in as well if she can start being interested in romance. Right now she's in denial and acting like she isn't interested.
Having her accept the truth about her feelings for Kai would be some good character development. But I have a feeling she'll be tragically killed off because unless she turns out to be an Ambrosia carrier, she's the most expendable of Kai's harem.

Quote:
And I'm not sure what to say about the High Priestess of the Hasas. Was she just teasing him, or is she serious? What do you guys think?
What chapters did she appear in again? I'd have to look them up again.

Quote:
Yes, I know it's not guaranteed. But it can still happen.
Let's hope it doesn't take Code Geass' amnesiac route, which more than a decade later has become somewhat cliched.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-04, 17:08   Link #223
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't remember what chapters the High Priestess appeared in, but it was when Kai and the others went to that country where the beast men are, near the Hasas' village, because they were called to watch over the army's training (but a lot of bad stuff was going on in reality).

I think you're right about Ligia. We'll see.
Old 2021-07-04, 20:39   Link #224
Mazryonh

Quote:
I think you're right about Ligia. We'll see.
You know, I hope I'm wrong. Ligia still has untapped potential as a character.

It'd be nice if by some twist of fate Ligia and Kai got sent back to Kai's own world for a while, making for some nice RomCom antics as he has to explain why he's "living with a foreigner" or something like that. It would allow them some nice one-on-one opportunities to become closer as a romantic couple.
Old 2021-07-04, 21:01   Link #225
XFire
150% done

Did we ever find out what Ligia's thing with the one officer was? Was he like her ex-fiancee or something?
Old 2021-07-05, 14:31   Link #226
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't remember. Did we ever find out about that?

@Mazryonh: Yeah, I too would prefer if she stuck around and got added to the harem. But she definitely needs to become honest about her feelings.
Old 2021-07-28, 06:46   Link #227
Morilinde

Oh dear oh dear. Gil got captured (quite an interesting tool Capatin Victorious carries around) and is now offered as a slave to the Shah. So either Victorious is still playing both sides (perhaps hoping Gil frees himself and kills the Shah) or Kai will need to sink the palace
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Morilinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-28, 12:21   Link #228
tsunade666

bionic arm that shoots electricity? that's one pretty advance if you ask me. It looks advance but maybe its an oversize taser but still advance.
Old 2021-07-28, 13:27   Link #229
Morilinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
bionic arm that shoots electricity? that's one pretty advance if you ask me. It looks advance but maybe its an oversize taser but still advance.
The one General of Dhala had a laser pistol or something similar. I get the feeling that the summoning ritual summons humans from different time periods. I mean we already had one from WW2 and Kai is from our own timeline. And it seems as if that Brain eater has had several odf those for dinner. I magine if Kai would fall in their hands his knowledge seems to be the broadest so far
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Old 2021-07-29, 04:08   Link #230
tsunade666

Different timeliness or different realities. I wonder if that guy is android with that mechanical arm or gloves.
Old 2021-07-30, 16:03   Link #231
Mazryonh

I hope next month isn't a .5 chapter with a side story. This series has been good with its cliffhangers at the end of nearly every chapter, and I'd like to see how Gil gets out of this one. Then again, those .5 chapters usually focus on Ligia, who could use more time in the spotlight.
Old 2021-07-31, 08:01   Link #232
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
The one General of Dhala had a laser pistol or something similar. I get the feeling that the summoning ritual summons humans from different time periods. I mean we already had one from WW2 and Kai is from our own timeline. And it seems as if that Brain eater has had several odf those for dinner. I magine if Kai would fall in their hands his knowledge seems to be the broadest so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Different timeliness or different realities. I wonder if that guy is android with that mechanical arm or gloves.
Yeah, we were told that humans from Earth can be summoned from different times and/or places. Not also different realities, just different eras IIRC. The guy with the Hasas is from the US from the WWII time period and Kai is from Japan from our era.

@Mazryonh: I agree. Though I do wonder if her getting focus in a side story chapter counts as being in the spotlight.

Anyway. Poor Shiera and Kai couldn't sleep at all because all the sex noises.

Seria gave Kai a pretty good tip, but then he just had to walk in on Shierra helping Aldia bathe. Poor Kai.
Old 2021-07-31, 18:05   Link #233
Mazryonh

Quote:
Yeah, we were told that humans from Earth can be summoned from different times and/or places. Not also different realities, just different eras IIRC. The guy with the Hasas is from the US from the WWII time period and Kai is from Japan from our era.
That leaves me wondering if the Marebito summoning ritual can be tweaked to pluck humans from specific and not random eras. Summoning someone with knowledge of how to make hyper-tech superweapons (or even something as "old" as WWII-level nuclear weaponry) from the future would tip the balance of power entirely. But can all Marebito transform into "God-cursed" with Ambrosia? Or is Kai the only one? My memory's a little fuzzy there. It would be great to see two "God-cursed" facing off against one another though.

Quote:
@Mazryonh: I agree. Though I do wonder if her getting focus in a side story chapter counts as being in the spotlight.
As a fan of Ligia, I'll take what I can get. She really needs a few chapters to herself though.

Quote:
Anyway. Poor Shiera and Kai couldn't sleep at all because all the sex noises.
I have a feeling that if this manga ever gets an anime adaptation, they'll censor this scene and probably skip right to the "morning after." Not only would it be hard (and probably very embarassing for anyone who's not used to it) to record that scene without sufficiently-experienced eroge voice actors, the onomatopeia (words intended to replicate sounds) in that scene implies that some of the 18+ noises are similar to those of animals in heat because the brothel workers are "beastfolk."

Quote:
Seria gave Kai a pretty good tip, but then he just had to walk in on Shierra helping Aldia bathe. Poor Kai.
It's part and parcel of harem rom-com antics, didn't you know? It's so overused it's practically old hat by now. But I'm more interested in what the "senior official" will ask for in exchange for an audience with the Shah. A no-holds-barred night with Shiera? Or even Aldia? Given where Kai, Shiera, and Aldia are, I wouldn't be surprised if it were that kind of "Indecent Proposal."
Old 2021-08-01, 07:36   Link #234
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Don't worry, I know about all those harem shenanigans. I still had to say that.

And yes, we were told in the beginning that only a pure (as in, in blood) human can be given the power of the God Curse but that their world doesn't have any left which is why they need to summon a human from Earth (it was stated before and after Sakura did the ritual to summon Kai). So I assume that any male marebito can be given the power.
Old 2021-08-03, 19:21   Link #235
Mazryonh

Quote:
Don't worry, I know about all those harem shenanigans. I still had to say that.

And yes, we were told in the beginning that only a pure (as in, in blood) human can be given the power of the God Curse but that their world doesn't have any left which is why they need to summon a human from Earth (it was stated before and after Sakura did the ritual to summon Kai). So I assume that any male marebito can be given the power.
I wonder if the author will go into why were are no pureblooded humans left in Sakura's world, to the point that they had to resort to "isekaiing" them.

I would like to see Kai and another God-Cursed face off against one another.
Old 2021-08-05, 19:04   Link #236
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I agree about the author going into why there are no pureblood humans left in that world.

Do you remember that one scene from the past we saw in Shakuntiira's point of view (I could remembering her name wrong, but I'm talking about the goddess or whatever that acts as the embodiment of Sakura's Ambrosia) where she's talking to another God-Cursed? It sounded like the power is risky and may really be cursing the user. I want to know more about that too.
Old 2021-08-06, 15:08   Link #237
Mazryonh

Quote:
I agree about the author going into why there are no pureblood humans left in that world.
Could it be that it's like Utawarerumono, in that pureblooded humans who try to interbreed with the locals have their genes overridden by locals' instead?

Quote:
Do you remember that one scene from the past we saw in Shakuntiira's point of view (I could remembering her name wrong, but I'm talking about the goddess or whatever that acts as the embodiment of Sakura's Ambrosia) where she's talking to another God-Cursed? It sounded like the power is risky and may really be cursing the user. I want to know more about that too.
TVTropes calls her "Shakuntala." Do you remember the exact chapter the scene you're talking about happens in?
Old 2021-08-06, 17:57   Link #238
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's very early on. I don't remember the chapter number, though.

And yeah, right. They lost pureblood humans there because of them breeding with the nonhuman races and then dying out. They basically went extinct. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 2021-08-07, 12:56   Link #239
Morilinde

Quote:
It's very early on. I don't remember the chapter number, though.

And yeah, right. They lost pureblood humans there because of them breeding with the nonhuman races and then dying out. They basically went extinct. Thanks for reminding me.
I found something in chapter 4 where Kai has a dream of Shakuntiira and a man who seems to be a human king. It doesn't sound like as if the God curse is cursing it's user for life though I get the feeling it might lead to a form of additcion or rather binding the God-cursed to the holder of the Ambrosia. Heck Kai will be bound to his harem then
Old 2021-08-07, 18:58   Link #240
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think there could be a huge risk involved. It's a curse after all, isn't it?

Him being bound to his harem might not be so bad. As long as it's not as a slave or anything--and also not life-threatening.

Tags
disguise, harem, industrial revolution, milk-powered, oppai