AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2021-09-26, 06:03   Link #1381
kuudererules

Seiyuu Shimono Hiro revealed to have been married for 10+ Years; 2nd child born last summer

According to the report, Shimono never shared this part of his life to the public since it isn't related to his life as a seiyuu.

Additionally, he also mentioned about his wife being a huge help to his career by listening to her advice as to how to deliver his lines for his audition, crediting her to have helped him get more roles after listening to her.

Source @theseiyuucafe and Yahoo News

Spoiler for from Shimono blog:

Last edited by kuudererules; 2021-10-01 at 06:45.
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 12:55   Link #1382
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuudererules View Post
Seiyuu Shimono Hiro revealed to have been married for 10+ Years; 2nd child born last summer

According to the report, Shimono never shared this part of his life to the public since it isn't related to his life as a seiyuu.

Additionally, he also mentioned about his wife being a huge help to his career by listening to her advice as to how to deliver his lines for his audition, crediting her to have helped him get more roles after listening to her.

Sounds like Shimono Hiro is happily married from what you describe. I was wondering if he would ever get married, but I'm glad he can finally be open about his marriage now.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 13:03   Link #1383
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuudererules View Post

Congratulations to Shimono! He sounds really lucky to have his wife .
Old 2021-09-26, 17:44   Link #1384
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Congrats to him and good move I’m keeping his private life private. Though if his wife was advising him on his portrayal of Zenitsu, it’s a good reminder that free advice is worth what you pay for it...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 10:14   Link #1385
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Though if his wife was advising him on his portrayal of Zenitsu, it’s a good reminder that free advice is worth what you pay for it...
What do you mean that his wife's free advice is worth nothing concerning Shimono's portrayal of Zenitsu? I don't get it.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 10:33   Link #1386
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

From reading Enzo's blog, it appears both he and I found Zenitsu incredibly annoying. I dropped the show after that arc, and I think he dropped it around the same time as well. So as not to put words in his mouth:

Quote:
I dropped the first season after 16 or 17 episodes, partly because I found Inosuke and especially Zenitsu (Shimono Hiro delivers one of the most annoying performances in anime history) insufferable, and partly because I found the writing to be pretty sloppy at times.
https://lostinanime.com/2021/09/fall...deo-companion/
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 13:12   Link #1387
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

A lot of western fans found him annoying but it is the character in gerneral, not explicitely the seiyuu perfrmance. Most JP fans apparently love him judging by character ratings.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2021-09-27 at 19:17.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 16:50   Link #1388
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
From reading Enzo's blog, it appears both he and I found Zenitsu incredibly annoying. I dropped the show after that arc, and I think he dropped it around the same time as well. So as not to put words in his mouth:

https://lostinanime.com/2021/09/fall...deo-companion/
Go ahead and put, those words were totally accurate!
Old 2021-09-27, 18:22   Link #1389
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Zenitsu is meant to sound annoying. So he actually did a great job.
Old 2021-09-27, 20:21   Link #1390
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Literally the only time a seiyuu performance alone was responsible for me dropping a series. I had other issues but nothing deal-breaking.

I'm sure the fault lies partly with the writing - Zenitsu is a terrible character generally - but Shimono founds depths of grating which have rarely been plumbed.
Old 2021-10-01, 01:08   Link #1391
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Is Zenitsu the blonde guy? I just came to the conclusion the author has a fetish for guys screaming at the top of his lungs while distorting his faces like a abomination.
But I guess I am kinda proud for surviving watching the entire first season.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 02:13   Link #1392
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yup, that was him.
Old 2021-10-01, 06:48   Link #1393
kuudererules

Tsudaken make a joke about his character from Jujutsu Kaisen
Spoiler for from twitter:
Old 2021-10-07, 10:50   Link #1394
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Read something today that Maya Sakamoto is taking a considerable amount of time off, cancelling stage roles and recitals. Indications are it's for health reasons. Given she's my favourite voice actor, hope she recovers soon.
Old 2021-10-07, 11:19   Link #1395
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Read something today that Maya Sakamoto is taking a considerable amount of time off, cancelling stage roles and recitals. Indications are it's for health reasons. Given she's my favourite voice actor, hope she recovers soon.
I hope she's okay and is properly recovering...
Old 2021-10-20, 00:05   Link #1396
saya_leviathan

I'm not sure if news about English voice actors are allowed here but:

Chris Ayres passed away. He's known for voicing Freiza from DBZ.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-03, 12:47   Link #1397
kuudererules

Pro-Fit,will be closing down

It has just been reported that the voice actor management Pro-Fit Inc. will be ceasing operations with regards to seiyuu support and management.

In a lengthy letter by CEO Makoto Tanimura, he mentioned that the company will be terminating its seiyuu operations because it would become difficult to continue and fulfill the responsibility of managing voice actors.

Additionally, from January 2022, voice actor Nobuhiko Okamoto will be establishing a new company and will take in the responsibility of handling and managing the current seiyuus under the company.

Lastly, they would like to apologize for not being able to fulfill the responsibilities as the company president, and asked to continue to support the current seiyuus and artists that would transfer to the new company that Okamoto would be creating.

Pro-Fit Inc. is a seiyuu talent agency created in 2003, which housed many popular seiyuus such as Nobuhiko Okamoto, Kaito Ishikawa, Yuuki Aoi, Ai Fairouz, Akari Kito, Shun Horie, Manaka Iwami, Ikumi Hasegawa, Haruki Ishiya, and many more.

Source @theseiyuucafe

I wonder what kind impact for our favorite seiyuu after the company is shutdown
I hope for nothing but the best to everyone at Pro-Fit
Old 2021-11-03, 13:20   Link #1398
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Whoa. I wonder, what happened as they had a whole bunch of popular seiyuus under their belt, so they should have been profitable.
Old 2021-11-03, 16:18   Link #1399
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Whoa. I wonder, what happened as they had a whole bunch of popular seiyuus under their belt, so they should have been profitable.
Being a seiyuu generally isn't known to be a profitable job, unless you are really popular.
So I can imagine them not being able to manage as a company, even with some popular seiyuus

Still surprised though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-03, 16:37   Link #1400
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

You know, this company had a bunch of really popular seiyuus. So they should have make enough money for themselves.