AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2021-04-04, 17:07   Link #6981
huss15

SPOILER ALERT———

Can anyone by any chance give me a summery of volume 12 in the light novel I know a lot of important things happen in regards to the truth behind the orimura family but I really want to know what exactly is going on and what happens in that volume.
huss15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-04, 17:59   Link #6982
Silvertail

Quote:
Originally Posted by huss15 View Post
SPOILER ALERT———

Can anyone by any chance give me a summery of volume 12 in the light novel I know a lot of important things happen in regards to the truth behind the orimura family but I really want to know what exactly is going on and what happens in that volume.
Part 1 of Chapter 1: Ichika spends his News Year break with Chifuyu and the main girls. First night with Laura and Chifuyu, second day with Houki, Charlotte and Laura at the Shinonono shrine (during which, Houki's eyes gleam red when she saw Ichika holding Charlotte's hand and her fortune read big trouble), third day with Cecilia and Lingyin at home with Chifuyu in the background, and the final day with the Sarashiki sister at hime (while playing a game, drunk Chifuyu grabs Kanzashi's breast).

The time crystals are the raw material for IS cores and can only be found under Luxemburg, something only Chifuyu and Tabane know.

Part 2 of Chapter 1: The seventh princess Airis Twilight Ruxemzemburg transfer into the Academy as a first year student. She makes Ichika her attendent as soon as she meets him and spends a week ordering him around. She starts falling for him and asks him if he would want to come to her country while their at a soba restaurant. During which, they're drugged and Airis almost gets kidnapped but is saved by Ichika.

Chapter 2: Airis has completely fallen for Ichika and personally invites him to come live with her in Luzemburg. Lingyin challenage her to a two-on-two match (Lingyin and Houki vs Airis and Djbril). After a hard fight against the two forth generation IS, Lingyin and Houki manage to make a comeback and win. Ichika no longer has to work as Airis's attendent, but she still wants to win him over as she fully transfer into the Academy.

Djbril is a old rival and friend of Maya from when they were students at the Academy. Maya tricks/makes Djbril wear her old academy uniform for losing the match.

Chapter 3: Byakushiki's new upgrades and Rein Carnation abilities are explained. Airis takes her first step in trying to get closer to Ichika by baking some cookies and studying together. Airis sleeps together with Ichika (nothing sexual just sleeping in the same bed) and next morning believes they're a couple now, which almost gets Ichika killed by Djbril and later the harem. However, the latters are stop by the arrival of a bunch of mass produced red IS (called Akebachi which were developed by Hikaruno Kagaribi and stolen by Tabane) that kdnapped Houki.

The Akatsubaki Incident starts. Houki gets taken over by her previous IS Akatsuki, which wants to help her fulfill her wish of making Ichika hers. The mass-produced Akebachis and Akatsuki's Code Red abilities give all the personal pilots a hard time, but Ichika manages to reach Houki and free her. Houki is overwhelmed by the guilt of what she's done because of her weakness (having been the one who forced Chifuyu to retire because she fatally damaged the Kurezakura IS when she first received Akatsuki). Ichika comfort her. The Akatsubaki Incident ends.

ISs are meant to fulfill their pilot's wishs.

Chapter 4: Ichika is heavly damaged and is bandaged all over. Tatenashi gives him three nanomachine injection and tells him to not do anything reckless again before leaving. Houki no longer has a personal IS but decides to stop running away from her problems and resolves to focus on fixing them. Ichika has completely healed after two days and is forced to accept that he's not a normal human nor Byakushiki is a normal IS and decides to ask Chifuyu for answers. When he finds her, he hestate to ask her but Tabane comes in and reveals the truth to Ichika. She tells him Chifuyu was a test experiment for Project Mosaica, which was trying to create the ultimate human but was cancel after Tabane was discovered. Ichika was also created but was deemed a problem because he wasn't human. Ichika is filled with despair by the truth and is stabbed by Madoka right in front of Chifuyu. Chifuyu vows to kill them. Tabane accepts this and tells Chifuyu she will be waiting at the end of the world.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-05, 07:54   Link #6983
SirCopert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
Part 1 of Chapter 1: Ichika spends his News Year break with Chifuyu and the main girls. First night with Laura and Chifuyu, second day with Houki, Charlotte and Laura at the Shinonono shrine (during which, Houki's eyes gleam red when she saw Ichika holding Charlotte's hand and her fortune read big trouble), third day with Cecilia and Lingyin at home with Chifuyu in the background, and the final day with the Sarashiki sister at hime (while playing a game, drunk Chifuyu grabs Kanzashi's breast).

The time crystals are the raw material for IS cores and can only be found under Luxemburg, something only Chifuyu and Tabane know.

Part 2 of Chapter 1: The seventh princess Airis Twilight Ruxemzemburg transfer into the Academy as a first year student. She makes Ichika her attendent as soon as she meets him and spends a week ordering him around. She starts falling for him and asks him if he would want to come to her country while their at a soba restaurant. During which, they're drugged and Airis almost gets kidnapped but is saved by Ichika.

Chapter 2: Airis has completely fallen for Ichika and personally invites him to come live with her in Luzemburg. Lingyin challenage her to a two-on-two match (Lingyin and Houki vs Airis and Djbril). After a hard fight against the two forth generation IS, Lingyin and Houki manage to make a comeback and win. Ichika no longer has to work as Airis's attendent, but she still wants to win him over as she fully transfer into the Academy.

Djbril is a old rival and friend of Maya from when they were students at the Academy. Maya tricks/makes Djbril wear her old academy uniform for losing the match.

Chapter 3: Byakushiki's new upgrades and Rein Carnation abilities are explained. Airis takes her first step in trying to get closer to Ichika by baking some cookies and studying together. Airis sleeps together with Ichika (nothing sexual just sleeping in the same bed) and next morning believes they're a couple now, which almost gets Ichika killed by Djbril and later the harem. However, the latters are stop by the arrival of a bunch of mass produced red IS (called Akebachi which were developed by Hikaruno Kagaribi and stolen by Tabane) that kdnapped Houki.

The Akatsubaki Incident starts. Houki gets taken over by her previous IS Akatsuki, which wants to help her fulfill her wish of making Ichika hers. The mass-produced Akebachis and Akatsuki's Code Red abilities give all the personal pilots a hard time, but Ichika manages to reach Houki and free her. Houki is overwhelmed by the guilt of what she's done because of her weakness (having been the one who forced Chifuyu to retire because she fatally damaged the Kurezakura IS when she first received Akatsuki). Ichika comfort her. The Akatsubaki Incident ends.

Chapter 4: Ichika is heavly damaged and is bandaged all over. Tatenashi gives him three nanomachine injection and tells him to not do anything reckless again before leaving. Houki no longer has a personal IS but decides to stop running away from her problems and resolves to focus on fixing them. Ichika has completely healed after two days and is forced to accept that he's not a normal human nor Byakushiki is a normal IS and decides to ask Chifuyu for answers. When he finds her, he hestate to ask her but Tabane comes in and reveals the truth to Ichika. She tells him Chifuyu was a test experiment for Project Mosaica, which was trying to create the ultimate human but was cancel after Tabane was discovered. Ichika was also created but was deemed a problem because he wasn't human. Ichika is filled with despair by the truth and is stabbed by Madoka right in front of Chifuyu. Chifuyu vows to kill them. Tabane accepts this and tells Chifuyu she will be waiting at the end of the world.
So is it an open ending?
SirCopert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-05, 08:03   Link #6984
Silvertail

Volume 13 is suppose to be the last volume when it finally comes out. It just hasn't come out yet, and it's been almost 3 years now. J-Novel had completely caught up last year.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-06, 07:10   Link #6985
AndrewR5D4

Interesting synopsis, but could someone please explain why is Madoka's deal?
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-06, 08:00   Link #6986
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Interesting synopsis, but could someone please explain why is Madoka's deal?
She’s a failed product of Project Mosaica, bitter at being labelled a failure and somehow having fallen into Phantom Task’s hands.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-06, 08:12   Link #6987
huss15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post

Wow thank you so much, I honesty can’t wait for chapter 13, I really want to understand what’s going on with Tabane. It’s clear that’s she’s the source of many problems but it would be interesting to truly understand what’s going on with her.
huss15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-06, 10:07   Link #6988
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by huss15 View Post
Wow thank you so much, I honesty can’t wait for chapter 13, I really want to understand what’s going on with Tabane. It’s clear that’s she’s the source of many problems but it would be interesting to truly understand what’s going on with her.
I thought Tabanes deal was "fuck Ichika for taking Chifuyu and Houki away from me"? And she's basically throwing a tantrum to try and force them to focus on her no matter the collateral damage.
Old 2021-04-06, 11:48   Link #6989
Lnlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
Personally i always thought Houki was just a replacement for Chifuya (as a love interest) because he already made his sister the perfect women so hes trying to replicate her to some degree without delving into incest territory.

TLDR: i think he royally messed up making Chifuya his sister, shes by far the best girl in this entire series.
The worst plot of the story, making Chifyuu his sister.
Lnlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-06, 12:26   Link #6990
AP24

Wait, is Chifuyu really Ichika’s sister or not?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-06, 13:19   Link #6991
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnlover View Post
The worst plot of the story, making Chifyuu his sister.
Strangely, she seems to be one of the few people able to get a reaction out of him by wearing revealing clothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Wait, is Chifuyu really Ichika’s sister or not?
In a literal sense, no. However, speaking from a familial (and possibly genetic) perspective, she certainly is.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-28, 16:51   Link #6992
Gespenst1

Currently re-reading volume 5 of the novels. I'm confused with the alias Autumn used when she infiltrated IS Academy. The novels had it as "Ayako Makigami" whereas the animated version altered it to "Reiko Makigami"; the latter being used in the J-Novel Club translation.

Original translation:

Quote:

"May I bother you for a while?"

"What?"

Someone suddenly called me on the platform of the stairs.

"Sorry, but I'm from this industry."

The lady in suit quickly passed me the namecard.

"Erm...IS armament development company 'Mitsurugi' representative, Makigami Ayako...san?"

She's really a beauty, and the flowing long black hair really suits her.

She's been smiling ever since she called me. Well, she does have the 'Professional' look.

"Yes, we'd like to have Orimura-kun use our company's equipment."

(Ahh...that again...)

To be honest, there're a lot of companies who were willing to supply [Byakushiki] with equipment, and I spent more than half the time of my summer vacation facing these people.

Basically, as the only guy in the world who can pilot an IS, if my [Byakushiki] is willing to accept some company's equipment, the commercial effect would be more than what I can imagine.

Up till now, the [Kuratokugi-ken] that developed [Byakushiki] hadn't developed any more equipment after that, so invitations were flying in from all companies all over the world like snowflakes.\

(Even so, it can't be helped that [Byakushiki] wasn't willing.)

The expansion range of the secondary armaments is decided on the equalizers in each suit, but it seems that the IS core also has its own favorites and would decide on whether it's willing to accept the equipment.

[Byakushiki] hates any ranged weapons and shields, and it even refuses fighting weapons other than [Yukihira Niigata].

But I used a ranged weapon when I fought against Laura, so as a result, the second phase created the [Setsura] that can shoot, fight and defend...
J-Novel Club translation:

Quote:

"Do you have a moment?" came a voice from the stairway landing."

"Yeah?"

"Sorry to bother you. Here, this is me." A woman in a suit handed me her business card.

"Hmm... Makigami Reiko? Public relations manager for the IS equipment developer Mitsurugi?"

She was a beautiful woman with luxuriant hair. A smile had been plastered across her face since she called out to me. She was definitely a businesswoman.

"Yes. And we'd love to see you using some of our equipment."

Ugh... This again...

There was no end to the list of companies who wanted to see their gear in action on Byakushiki. I'd actually wasted more than half my summer vacation just dealing with them. Really, what they were after was having their gear used by the only man in the world who could pilot an IS. It'd probably be incredibly effective marketing. Especially because Kuramochi Engineering, the developers of Byakushiki, hadn't produced any equipment, I was buried in proposals from around the world.

But you know, the thing was. Byakushiki wasn't interested, and I couldn't change that. Equipment needed expansion slots open to install it. But even beyond that, the core had its own 'tastes' and that was what determined whether it would accept gear. And Byakushiki didn't do ranged weapons. It didn't like shields either. In fact, it wasn't interested in anything but the Yukihara Niigata. On the other hand, picking up a gun and controlling it manually during my fight with Lauira was enough to get it to evolve into Setsura, which can do ranged attacks, melee, and defense... So it was all up in the air, naturally.
Which is the actual translation of Autumn's alias? "Ayako Makigami" or "Reiko Makigami"?
Gespenst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-28, 16:59   Link #6993
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespenst1 View Post
Currently re-reading volume 5 of the novels. I'm confused with the alias Autumn used when she infiltrated IS Academy. The novels had it as "Ayako Makigami" whereas the animated version altered it to "Reiko Makigami"; the latter being used in the J-Novel Club translation.

Original translation:

J-Novel Club translation:

Which is the actual translation of Autumn's alias? "Ayako Makigami" or "Reiko Makigami"?
Reiko. Ayako was a mistranslation as far as I'm aware.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 06:25   Link #6994
Gespenst1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
Reiko. Ayako was a mistranslation as far as I'm aware.
Speaking of mistranslations, I found something odd in Vol. 6 as to when Ichika's birthday took place after Cannonball Fast.

Here's the original translation of the excerpt:

Quote:

With Charl's voice as the signal, the sound of party crackers reverberated.

"Ye-Yes. Thank you."

The time is 5 o'clock in the afternoon, the place: Orimura family residence..... it's fine up to this point.
And now here's the J-Novel Club translation:

Quote:

At Charl's signal, a volley of party poppers fired.

"Yeah, thanks."

The time was 7:30 at night, the place was at the Orimura residence... So far, so good. But...
The problem is that in the original Japanese version, the line was "時間は夕方五時". It's romanized as "Jikan wa yūgata go-ji", which means "The time is 5 in the evening" or "The time is 5PM". Any reason why J-Novel Club translated it to "The time was 7:30 at night"?
Gespenst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 08:36   Link #6995
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Seriously, these IS girls have issues. Thinking they have the right to control the life of the person they love due to their IS. Well, that's not good. Seems like most of the IS girls haven't changed a bit. If Houki and the other IS girls haven't made any progress with Ichika at all, well then, volume 13 will be their last chance before its all over. If they're not willing to share Ichika, then they better settle it once and for all before the whole IS story ends.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 09:48   Link #6996
XFire
150% done

I'm waiting on the revelation that Ichika has secretly been in love with Houki's sister this entire time
Old 2021-09-30, 14:43   Link #6997
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I'm waiting on the revelation that Ichika has secretly been in love with Houki's sister this entire time
Doubt it with Mary Sue Houki.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 10:37   Link #6998
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Seriously, these IS girls have issues. Thinking they have the right to control the life of the person they love due to their IS. Well, that's not good. Seems like most of the IS girls haven't changed a bit. If Houki and the other IS girls haven't made any progress with Ichika at all, well then, volume 13 will be their last chance before its all over. If they're not willing to share Ichika, then they better settle it once and for all before the whole IS story ends.
Isn't that due to the fact that the author is only capable of making most of his heroines one-note violent tsunderes? It was funny for a while but really got annoying and monotonous as the story went on. Characters like Charlotte had the opportunity to be a really sweethearted fan favourite waifu, but then the author had to give Charlotte a violent streak like virtually every other heroine in IS.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 17:23   Link #6999
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Isn't that due to the fact that the author is only capable of making most of his heroines one-note violent tsunderes? It was funny for a while but really got annoying and monotonous as the story went on. Characters like Charlotte had the opportunity to be a really sweethearted fan favourite waifu, but then the author had to give Charlotte a violent streak like virtually every other heroine in IS.
if the girl isn't named houki then everything would be negative

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 17:16   Link #7000
dmaxzero

IS is still going?!
lol
Is Ichika still denser than Iridium?
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen