AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-11-23, 03:47   Link #321
stevenjai1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
From what I know, just that with the Queens army scattered it’s like every man for themselves so I’m sure the church group is in full retreat as well.
Can you please give us more detail about how exactly the queen army was scattered or defeated?

So exactly what happen for example did Ryouma use some sort of man made flood like last time during first civil war in Rozeria Kingdom and try to do the same thing again in order to defeat Lupis army or did he do something else?

How many soldier died or killed when the queen army scattered was it more 100,000 being killed from the open battle confrontation?

So what happen next like for example did he finally get lupis to negotiated to surrendered after her army was scattered?

Last edited by stevenjai1; 2021-11-23 at 04:09.
stevenjai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-24, 16:51   Link #322
Ratedhook522
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjai1 View Post
Can you please give us more detail about how exactly the queen army was scattered or defeated?

So exactly what happen for example did Ryouma use some sort of man made flood like last time during first civil war in Rozeria Kingdom and try to do the same thing again in order to defeat Lupis army or did he do something else?

How many soldier died or killed when the queen army scattered was it more 100,000 being killed from the open battle confrontation?

So what happen next like for example did he finally get lupis to negotiated to surrendered after her army was scattered?
So Ryoma strategy went like this, he let the queens army take the fortress city without a fight and trapped them inside and set the city on fire reducing her army to 150,000 from 200,000. With their morale all low they still went on to battle Ryoma at his fortress that leads into Wortenia, while this battle was happening Ryoma dispatched a force to deal with the Queens supply lines situated at a harbor town, effectively eliminating the queens supply line for her army and putting more of a strain on her already low moraled army who was already showing signs of splintering and what was worse was that the nobles back in the capital are preparing to rebel once again under the duke that Ryoma seems to have forged an alliance with. With their supply lines in ruin and unable to take the fortress thanks to Ryomas skilled archers from both elves and the other country that’s aiding him, they devise a strategy to lure Ryoma out of his fortress with a false retreat and take him out on a open field battle, but Ryoma has already foreseen this. He meets the queens army in the open 50,000 vs 100,000 but Ryomas strategy proves to be successful as he uses the ninjas to spread false narratives (not sure what messages they spread but proves to be successful). The queens army falls apart with archers raining hell on her army and Ryoma takes to the field from there meeting the queen face to face. The look on her face is priceless as she sees Ryoma coming directly for her, unfortunately Ryoma is stopped by Elena’s second in command the pretty boy knight who stays back to buy time for the Queen to retreat. It’s unfortunate but looks like pretty boy knight is killed by Ryoma.
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-24, 22:14   Link #323
stevenjai1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
So Ryoma strategy went like this, he let the queens army take the fortress city without a fight and trapped them inside and set the city on fire reducing her army to 150,000 from 200,000. With their morale all low they still went on to battle Ryoma at his fortress that leads into Wortenia, while this battle was happening Ryoma dispatched a force to deal with the Queens supply lines situated at a harbor town, effectively eliminating the queens supply line for her army and putting more of a strain on her already low moraled army who was already showing signs of splintering and what was worse was that the nobles back in the capital are preparing to rebel once again under the duke that Ryoma seems to have forged an alliance with. With their supply lines in ruin and unable to take the fortress thanks to Ryomas skilled archers from both elves and the other country that’s aiding him, they devise a strategy to lure Ryoma out of his fortress with a false retreat and take him out on a open field battle, but Ryoma has already foreseen this. He meets the queens army in the open 50,000 vs 100,000 but Ryomas strategy proves to be successful as he uses the ninjas to spread false narratives (not sure what messages they spread but proves to be successful). The queens army falls apart with archers raining hell on her army and Ryoma takes to the field from there meeting the queen face to face. The look on her face is priceless as she sees Ryoma coming directly for her, unfortunately Ryoma is stopped by Elena’s second in command the pretty boy knight who stays back to buy time for the Queen to retreat. It’s unfortunate but looks like pretty boy knight is killed by Ryoma.
Thank you for the detail and spoiler but just want to make sure did Ryoma received reinforcement from the general of the mist kingdom and other nobles like Earl Bergston who decide to help him is that the reason he was able to gather 50,000 soldier to fight against queens army because I thought he only has about 1,000 or 2,000 troop?
stevenjai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-24, 23:28   Link #324
Snowbold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: I've fallen and I can't get up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjai1 View Post
Thank you for the detail and spoiler but just want to make sure did Ryoma received reinforcement from the general of the mist kingdom and other nobles like Earl Bergston who decide to help him is that the reason he was able to gather 50,000 soldier to fight against queens army because I thought he only has about 1,000 or 2,000 troop?
I agree that he doesn't have 50,000 troops, but I think he had more than 1 or 2K, that is just what he took to war and he has always hidden his full potential before. So maybe he had 5K, and at the most unlikely 10K.

The rest is sound tactics and strategy. The funny thing is thinking a 2-1 number advantage is enough, even in the open field. That is why quality of forces is so critical. We already know that Ryoma has superior soldiers and so should Lupis since Elena betrayed him and was there to witness the skill of his troops in battle against the Empire.

Thanks for summarizing it.
Snowbold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-25, 14:39   Link #325
Ratedhook522
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjai1 View Post
Thank you for the detail and spoiler but just want to make sure did Ryoma received reinforcement from the general of the mist kingdom and other nobles like Earl Bergston who decide to help him is that the reason he was able to gather 50,000 soldier to fight against queens army because I thought he only has about 1,000 or 2,000 troop?
The 50,000 is from reinforcements from the general of the mist kingdom, as well as soldiers of the ten houses of the north Ryoma took over and installed his 2 new commanders to oversee as well as mercenaries and Demi humans and earl bergston and his brother in law. From the mist kingdom Ryoma acquired their specialized archer division with their general known as undefeated in every battle. True when he went to war against the 10 great houses of the north he had at most 2k but a lot has changed since then.
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-25, 22:33   Link #326
stevenjai1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
The 50,000 is from reinforcements from the general of the mist kingdom, as well as soldiers of the ten houses of the north Ryoma took over and installed his 2 new commanders to oversee as well as mercenaries and Demi humans and earl bergston and his brother in law. From the mist kingdom Ryoma acquired their specialized archer division with their general known as undefeated in every battle. True when he went to war against the 10 great houses of the north he had at most 2k but a lot has changed since then.
Thank you for clarifying the detail I really appreciate it

Last edited by stevenjai1; 2021-11-30 at 23:37.
stevenjai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-26, 01:42   Link #327
mickbis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: ARKS Ship
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
The 50,000 is from reinforcements from the general of the mist kingdom, as well as soldiers of the ten houses of the north Ryoma took over and installed his 2 new commanders to oversee as well as mercenaries and Demi humans and earl bergston and his brother in law. From the mist kingdom Ryoma acquired their specialized archer division with their general known as undefeated in every battle. True when he went to war against the 10 great houses of the north he had at most 2k but a lot has changed since then.
So not only the bow cavalry but their famous general is also here as well!
That a powerful alliance he got there
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-26, 03:16   Link #328
Snowbold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: I've fallen and I can't get up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
So not only the bow cavalry but their famous general is also here as well!
That a powerful alliance he got there
Its not surprising. Myest sees the unrest in Rhoadseria that not only destabilizes them but risks their safety. In the last civil war, Myest couldn't send reinforcement to an ally against the empire because Rhoadseria was in turmoil and in the way. By Wortenia is now a trade hub and its leader is war savant and leagues more intelligent than Lupis.
Snowbold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-26, 23:56   Link #329
mickbis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: ARKS Ship
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
Its not surprising. Myest sees the unrest in Rhoadseria that not only destabilizes them but risks their safety. In the last civil war, Myest couldn't send reinforcement to an ally against the empire because Rhoadseria was in turmoil and in the way. By Wortenia is now a trade hub and its leader is war savant and leagues more intelligent than Lupis.
Regime change from neighbor huh? that made sense
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-27, 00:10   Link #330
Snowbold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: I've fallen and I can't get up.
One of the oldest tricks in the book.
Snowbold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 23:37   Link #331
stevenjai1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
The 50,000 is from reinforcements from the general of the mist kingdom, as well as soldiers of the ten houses of the north Ryoma took over and installed his 2 new commanders to oversee as well as mercenaries and Demi humans and earl bergston and his brother in law. From the mist kingdom Ryoma acquired their specialized archer division with their general known as undefeated in every battle. True when he went to war against the 10 great houses of the north he had at most 2k but a lot has changed since then.
Just one more question does the reinforcement also include in the nobles that participate in the party invited by Ryoma at the capital and the reason I ask this question is because Earl Bergston and his brother in law is part of the reinforcement so I was wondering if the noble from the party are also participating to fight against queen army as well?
stevenjai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-01, 00:06   Link #332
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
So Ryoma strategy went like this, he let the queens army take the fortress city without a fight and trapped them inside and set the city on fire reducing her army to 150,000 from 200,000. With their morale all low they still went on to battle Ryoma at his fortress that leads into Wortenia, while this battle was happening Ryoma dispatched a force to deal with the Queens supply lines situated at a harbor town, effectively eliminating the queens supply line for her army and putting more of a strain on her already low moraled army who was already showing signs of splintering and what was worse was that the nobles back in the capital are preparing to rebel once again under the duke that Ryoma seems to have forged an alliance with. With their supply lines in ruin and unable to take the fortress thanks to Ryomas skilled archers from both elves and the other country thatís aiding him, they devise a strategy to lure Ryoma out of his fortress with a false retreat and take him out on a open field battle, but Ryoma has already foreseen this. He meets the queens army in the open 50,000 vs 100,000 but Ryomas strategy proves to be successful as he uses the ninjas to spread false narratives (not sure what messages they spread but proves to be successful). The queens army falls apart with archers raining hell on her army and Ryoma takes to the field from there meeting the queen face to face. The look on her face is priceless as she sees Ryoma coming directly for her, unfortunately Ryoma is stopped by Elenaís second in command the pretty boy knight who stays back to buy time for the Queen to retreat. Itís unfortunate but looks like pretty boy knight is killed by Ryoma.
Having read RoTK, the "Empty Fortress" ambush and supply line destruction are like the 2 most basic tactics there. I'm surprise Elena didn't see that, or was she not with the queen?

And seriously, 100K but low morales and low supply means they're effectively only equals to a 50K forces at best.
__________________
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-01, 01:38   Link #333
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: In my House
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Having read RoTK, the "Empty Fortress" ambush and supply line destruction are like the 2 most basic tactics there. I'm surprise Elena didn't see that, or was she not with the queen?

And seriously, 100K but low morales and low supply means they're effectively only equals to a 50K forces at best.
We already know this Author likes to dumb down everyone else for Ryoma to appear "intelligent" so it's not really a surprise.
__________________
FGO JP: 149,376,696 IGN: James Starks

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-01, 02:46   Link #334
Snowbold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: I've fallen and I can't get up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
We already know this Author likes to dumb down everyone else for Ryoma to appear "intelligent" so it's not really a surprise.
The biggest thing is not that they are all stupid, but they are all proud across the board. Look at Mikhail, he knew it was important for he and his knights to hold the river with Ryoma but he went anyway to attack Kael. His knights followed after him even after he ordered them to hold the river with Ryoma, which led to them all being slaughtered even the smart one who went back to warn Ryoma.

Likewise, the enemy is so cocky in any scenario that they assume a numerical superiority is set in stone. There is also the assumption that any otherworlder is enslaved means that they discount this threat in conflict without one specifically known to be fighting, which the merchant and those with intelligence apparatus don't.

Pride is the greatest ally of Ryoma in this world because it is often pride that is the downfall of his enemies.
Snowbold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-03, 08:39   Link #335
Ratedhook522
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjai1 View Post
Just one more question does the reinforcement also include in the nobles that participate in the party invited by Ryoma at the capital and the reason I ask this question is because Earl Bergston and his brother in law is part of the reinforcement so I was wondering if the noble from the party are also participating to fight against queen army as well?
Nope this is a fight between Ryoma and those on the Queens side, the nobles in the capital with the duke are coordinating with Ryoma to launch their rebellion again. Stupid Queen and her knights are flabbergasted and not to mention how it’s gonna look when she lost a battle despite her superior numbers. All the nobles on her side want revenge against Ryoma for his killing the head nobles of the 10 houses of the north along with all the nobles in the House of Lords massacre. Also they want to greedily profit off of Wortenia after defeating Ryoma since they all know the mass amount of resources it has. Their just using this excuse of a war to take profits in and out of stupid pride that they can’t stand a commoner becoming a baron and ruling a land successfully. Lol it’s funny how everything is going downhill for the Queen now, it makes me wonder how she’s gonna die though I do feel bad for the pretty boy knight, if only he didn’t cross swords with Ryoma to cover the Queens retreat. Ryomas strategy was priceless though he let the queens army take care of all the refugees leaving the fortress city, then gave them the city without a fight only to trap them inside and burn it to the ground, then he attacked the queens supply lines which further strained her army and with zero motivation their soldiers basically were massacred when trying to take Ryomas mountain fortress that leads into Wortenia. Then the duke and all the nobles who held a grudge with the Queen have begun to spring into rebellion again forcing her army to hurry up with the battle which they tried to lure Ryoma out of his fortress with a false retreat only for it to backfire as Ryoma saw through their ploy and used his ninja to spread false rumors of the Queen leaving her soldiers behind to die hence which gave away to her army collapsing.

Last edited by Ratedhook522; 2021-12-03 at 08:57.
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-03, 09:09   Link #336
stevenjai1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
Nope this is a fight between Ryoma and those on the Queens side, the nobles in the capital with the duke are coordinating with Ryoma to launch their rebellion again. Stupid Queen and her knights are flabbergasted and not to mention how it’s gonna look when she lost a battle despite her superior numbers. All the nobles on her side want revenge against Ryoma for his killing the head nobles of the 10 houses of the north along with all the nobles in the House of Lords massacre. Also they want to greedily profit off of Wortenia after defeating Ryoma since they all know the mass amount of resources it has. Their just using this excuse of a war to take profits in and out of stupid pride that they can’t stand a commoner becoming a baron and ruling a land successfully. Lol it’s funny how everything is going downhill for the Queen now, it makes me wonder how she’s gonna die though I do feel bad for the pretty boy knight, if only he didn’t cross swords with Ryoma to cover the Queens retreat. Ryomas strategy was priceless though he let the queens army take care of all the refugees leaving the fortress city, then gave them the city without a fight only to trap them inside and burn it to the ground, then he attacked the queens supply lines which further strained her army and with zero motivation their soldiers basically were massacred when trying to take Ryomas mountain fortress that leads into Wortenia. Then the duke and all the nobles who held a grudge with the Queen have begun to spring into rebellion again forcing her army to hurry up with the battle which they tried to lure Ryoma out of his fortress with a false retreat only for it to backfire as Ryoma saw through their ploy and used his ninja to spread false rumors of the Queen leaving her soldiers behind to die hence which gave away to her army collapsing.
Ok thanks again I really appreciate it for answering my question
stevenjai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-03, 19:31   Link #337
Snowbold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: I've fallen and I can't get up.
What you gather from this series as that the use of prana and thaumaturgy let the humans of this world think they could shortcut around strategy and tactics. They think strength of knights and number of peasant conscripts can bypass the basics of warfare. We see that practitioners of true war are either regarded as upstarts or geniuses. Helena is one example, the other was the son of the general in Xarooda that everyone considered a drunkard and failure and then fought a bloody guerilla war successfully after his father helped cripple the enemy offense in a suicide charge. However, it seems like each collection of nobles (empire, kingdom, faction, etc), only tolerate one genius per society and even then keep them under their grips rather than acknowledging their potential.

Ryoma is a skank in the mud pie to the nobles' self perceived value.
Snowbold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-05, 01:01   Link #338
Ratedhook522
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
What you gather from this series as that the use of prana and thaumaturgy let the humans of this world think they could shortcut around strategy and tactics. They think strength of knights and number of peasant conscripts can bypass the basics of warfare. We see that practitioners of true war are either regarded as upstarts or geniuses. Helena is one example, the other was the son of the general in Xarooda that everyone considered a drunkard and failure and then fought a bloody guerilla war successfully after his father helped cripple the enemy offense in a suicide charge. However, it seems like each collection of nobles (empire, kingdom, faction, etc), only tolerate one genius per society and even then keep them under their grips rather than acknowledging their potential.

Ryoma is a skank in the mud pie to the nobles' self perceived value.
Honestly the nobles and royalty are all scum in this series except for a small minority. Look at the Queen, she feared Ryoma so much that instead of trusting him she tried to lock him away behind a forsaken land but when that backfired her stupid knights conspired to have him killed hence which led to the current state of affairs. Doesn't this remind you of a real life king who feared the same women that gave him the throne to which he betrayed her to his enemies.

Last edited by Ratedhook522; 2021-12-06 at 15:49.
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-10, 23:17   Link #339
DBAV
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
Honestly the nobles and royalty are all scum in this series except for a small minority. Look at the Queen, she feared Ryoma so much that instead of trusting him she tried to lock him away behind a forsaken land but when that backfired her stupid knights conspired to have him killed hence which led to the current state of affairs. Doesn't this remind you of a real life king who feared the same women that gave him the throne to which he betrayed her to his enemies.
I only have quarrel with the Queen, when I was reading it at that time I though the Queen would let Ryoma go since she was stupid enough to sacrifice her future for her childhood friend but now I can't even think of a reason why she should be alive any longer, her hypocrisy tormented her subjects and destroyed her future but she had to play the prim and proper princess while giving an indirect death sentence to her savior and a promotion to the one who condemned her future.
DBAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-11, 07:41   Link #340
Snowbold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: I've fallen and I can't get up.
That is because for all her talk about caring for the common people, she is still an elitist herself. She thinks she is better and that her followers are more important. As such, she doesn't see the fault in sacrificing total victory for the life of a subordinate who indirectly betrayed her by not doing his best out of pride. Lupis still represents a corrupt system and naturally fears what Ryoma illustrates, a world where the strongest and most talented earn their prize through merit, not by name.

Her blindness to this hypocrisy on elitism is the slow knife that she never parried.
Snowbold is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cliche villains, gary stu mc, isekai summoning, politics, strategy, war

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.