AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-02-25, 21:41   Link #21
marvelB

Yeah, it was never directly mentioned due to the target demographic (despite her intro specifying she was a prostitute), but there's a good chance that Hiyori did the nasty with several unsavory types throughout her "career" as Komurasaki, let alone Orochi. Still, it's kinda nuts to think that she would get intimate with her father's murderer in a floating castle that's on the verge of ruination. How would they have been able to even.... concentrate with all the chaos going on around them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Eh, I never saw that as much of an obstacle. Even if the relevant pages were still there, Luffy would just do what he did with Rayleigh and refuse to hear.
Yeah, itachi-san summed it up the best, pretty much. Even if Yamato did promise to keep her trap shut about Laugh Tale, that doesn't guarantee that she wouldn't let something slip at some point. It would just be too darn risky to keep a huge bomb like that so close without accidentally setting it off (especially since, unlike Rayleigh, Yamato would be a constant presence around the crew). At least this way they're all guaranteed to view the final island's wonders through a fresh lens, which is how it should be, anyway. Remember, Rayleigh even told the crew that their perception of Laugh Tale may differ from the Roger Pirates' once they finally reach the place.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
So is cp0 that weak or is izo that strong?. I'm going izo being strong and that whitebeard crew was insane, even hurt and tired he took one of them.
I think it's a little of both, personally. Of course CP0 aren't weak, but also remember that they had a brief scuffle with Drake and Apoo (two Worst Generation pirates) before running into Izou, so neither party were in 100% condition. And of course, Izou is no slouch either, being a Scabbard and former WB commander, so I'd say he's very much capable of taking on CP0. It's just that the level of opponents running around Onigashima are THAT high, lol.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 18:57   Link #22
itachi-san314

It's pretty crazy remembering that WB's Commanders were fighting on par with Admirals. Not saying that they could beat an Admiral, but they're pretty high level fighters. And it also goes to show how much of a beast Kaido, and now Luffy are, since all the Scabbards together were practically useless.

I was surprised that Izo could take a CP0 member out in his current state. If he was 100% I wouldn't have been surprised at all. It's a good point that they probably took some damage already too against Apoo and Drake. Izo looked really beat up beforehand tho
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 19:26   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
It's pretty crazy remembering that WB's Commanders were fighting on par with Admirals. Not saying that they could beat an Admiral, but they're pretty high level fighters. And it also goes to show how much of a beast Kaido, and now Luffy are, since all the Scabbards together were practically useless.
IIRC, only Marco faced off against an Admiral. Regardless, they all proved to be very strong during that war. And made it all the more puzzling that Ace was one of them. I get that Whitebeard had a soft spot for him, but come on. Of course, this mostly has to do with the fact Oda only came up with the concept of Haki very late (contrary to what people love to claim), in retrospect it makes no sense for characters like Crocodile or Ace (against Smoker) to have never used it.
Old 2022-02-26, 22:40   Link #24
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
IIRC, only Marco faced off against an Admiral. Regardless, they all proved to be very strong during that war.
Jozu fought Aokiji as well

Quote:
And made it all the more puzzling that Ace was one of them. I get that Whitebeard had a soft spot for him, but come on. Of course, this mostly has to do with the fact Oda only came up with the concept of Haki very late (contrary to what people love to claim), in retrospect it makes no sense for characters like Crocodile or Ace (against Smoker) to have never used it.
There's definitely some retconning there, but Ace was pretty strong considering. I'm not big on him being #2 though. Just a commander would have been fine. I feel the same about Sabo being #2 of the RA. I get that he's strong, but I feel like there should be older, stronger members above him.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-27, 08:07   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Jozu fought Aokiji as well

There's definitely some retconning there, but Ace was pretty strong considering. I'm not big on him being #2 though. Just a commander would have been fine. I feel the same about Sabo being #2 of the RA. I get that he's strong, but I feel like there should be older, stronger members above him.
Ah, forgot about that. I did remember Jozu being impressive, blocking Mihawk's slash and all. The other one that was impressive was Vista.

To be fair, I don't think numbers really matter. Commanders should all be equal in status, with only Marco being above the rest.
Old 2022-02-28, 00:46   Link #26
rladls2121

I thought only 1st to 5th Whitebeard Commanders are that strong.
Thatch was a 4th Commander, I assumed Blackbeard killed him while letting his guard down actually meant something.

I would love to see this CP0 guy actually try to assassinate Luffy at this timing, and make Kaido his enemy while at it.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-28, 07:54   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I would love to see this CP0 guy actually try to assassinate Luffy at this timing, and make Kaido his enemy while at it.
He's either going to get taken out by Drake OR him attacking/wounding Luffy by surprise is going to be exactly what triggers his awakening. The official translation doesn't leave much room for doubt regarding why Luffy needs to be killed immediately, by the way.
Old 2022-02-28, 16:41   Link #28
Hoodspirit

There is one more CP0 member on onigashima iirc.
Drake could put down the agent at Izou and we'ld still have a wildcard for roof, Robin or whatever else he intended to do when he split from the other two.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote