Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2022-08-14, 05:19   Link #1
saya_leviathan

PSYCHO-PASS PROVIDENCE (New Movie)

In celebration of the show's 10th anniversary, a new movie is announced

No details yet on the release date.

Also, I think this movie might answer why Akane got imprisoned and whatever happened to Kei's brother and Arata's dad who are possibly those two guys on the background of the poster.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 06:02   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Unfortunately Psycho-Pass has pretty much been dross since Urobutcher lost interest (which seems to have been about 6 eps before the end of the first season).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 07:20   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
Also, I think this movie might answer why Akane got imprisoned and whatever happened to Kei's brother and Arata's dad who are possibly those two guys on the background of the poster.
Definitely. Not much point in making a movie covering that time period otherwise, especially after they made it such a big mystery they never answered.
Old 2022-08-14, 08:52   Link #4
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Definitely. Not much point in making a movie covering that time period otherwise, especially after they made it such a big mystery they never answered.
It would also explain why Akane and Mika recommended Arata and Kei as Inspector, how Akane found out Arata was criminally asyptomatic and whatever deal she had playing out with Sibyl.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 09:33   Link #5
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I know some people hate everything that came after S1, but I'm not one of these guys. Even S2 was not that bad (I still hate them for abruptly killing Risa, but the whole season cannot be blamed on scriptwriter as it was a PC decigion to hasly squiz another storyline between S1 and already planned movie). I just hope this new movie will clear the remaining plotlines that are still hanging fom S3. As I doubt we'll get more PP in future.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2023-01-13 at 02:38.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 09:43   Link #6
GDB

I only hate season 2, because it's absolutely atrocious from a storytelling perspective.

The movie was meh, in large part because it felt like it made Makishima a bad character. He went to all this trouble to try and break Sybil, but instead just empowered it. Which, if they had hinted at that in season 1 it'd have been fine, but the season ended with them doing everything in their power to keep Japan closed shut. Then the movie starts a few months later and they're like "btw we're open and expanding now, lulz".

Season 3 felt like it should have just been its own thing rather than trying to forcefully tie it into the old Psycho Pass. Like, we knew from season 1 that there's more than just the one team, so why did they have to write Akane out? Just let them be another team.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 11:22   Link #7
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Season 3 felt like it should have just been its own thing rather than trying to forcefully tie it into the old Psycho Pass. Like, we knew from season 1 that there's more than just the one team, so why did they have to write Akane out? Just let them be another team.
It kinda feels like they were going to get more into this either before or after, but it didn't end up happening for some reason.

Old 2022-08-14, 15:08   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

At this point, I'd be surprised if anime fans in general still have any interest in a PP movie. The IP kinda feels like Eureka 7 right now. Both don't really have many installments but their recent entries (movies) can only attract mostly diehard fans only. The more they go, the more they lose relevance.
Old 2022-08-14, 17:15   Link #9
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It is indeed got less popular after so muh time, but stop exaggerating the situation just bacause you do not like the latter installments.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 17:15   Link #10
Kazu-kun

Well, personally what soured me on this franchise was season 3. It felt like it was targeting a younger audience with more of a shounen vibe than previous installments. I didn't really like that.

That been said, if they bring back Akane for this movie, I may give it a chance.
Old 2022-08-17, 08:10   Link #11
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I'm just impressed it's already been 10 years....
Old 2022-08-17, 08:49   Link #12
Kazu-kun

So, here's the PV for this:

The PV makes it seem like this is going to be a sequel, picking up from when Akane was set free at the end of season 3. I could be wrong though.
Old 2022-08-17, 10:55   Link #13
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So, here's the PV for this:

The PV makes it seem like this is going to be a sequel, picking up from when Akane was set free at the end of season 3. I could be wrong though.
Don't know that you could tell from that.

Still seems more likely to me that it'll be a prequel to S3, detailing what happened to Akane to get her arrested as well how Arata's dad and Kei's brother got killed.

Old 2022-08-17, 11:41   Link #14
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Don't know that you could tell from that.
It's not like I'm 100% sure or anything. I got that impression because the last scene in the PV is Kogami telling Akane "I came to pick you up" when she's getting out of jail. That's why it looks like the movie is starting up from there. Again, I could be wrong, this is just the impression I got for now.
Old 2022-08-17, 22:19   Link #15
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's not like I'm 100% sure or anything. I got that impression because the last scene in the PV is Kogami telling Akane "I came to pick you up" when she's getting out of jail. That's why it looks like the movie is starting up from there. Again, I could be wrong, this is just the impression I got for now.
Considering the post credit scene of First Inspector was about Akane telling Arata and Kei she'd explain what happened two years ago, we're probably both right.

Old 2022-08-22, 13:22   Link #16
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The biggest problem with Psycho-Pass, IMO, isn't that S2 was terrible (which it was), but that there's two movies out there that took a loooooooong time to get subbed (I'm assuming they're finally subbed), and both movies were important to watch before going into S3. Or rather, these two movies are related to S3 somehow, and I'm not talking about the first movie that's set just after Season 1. These other movies not being released for a long time is part of what killed this series for Westerners. So ultimately, I'm surprised that another movie is even being made.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-09, 10:34   Link #17
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Still no news Shiotani keeps posting random stuff on his twitter account but nothing about Providence. Still, I'm surprised how the franchise seems to have more movies than tv series. A preference or they make more money?
Old 2023-01-09, 11:32   Link #18
Dextro
He Without a Title

Movies are generally more profitable for anime productions afaik, yes. It's a bit annoying what that means for us overseas fans but, thankfully, these last few years a lot more stuff has been shown in locations outside Japan.
Old 2023-01-10, 07:24   Link #19
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Judging by the poster, is it me or Kogami's mentor is the only guy who grew up. I know the characters were in their 20s in season 1 but the only big changes I see are Ginoza's hairstyle and Kogami's clothing. Aren't they supposed to be in their 30s now? Even Naruto was given a distinct design as an adult to contrast his young adult persona from the movie and novels.
Old 2023-01-12, 22:21   Link #20
saya_leviathan

Release date announced! It's on May 12.
https://twitter.com/psychopass_tv/st...33077259517952
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote