AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-28, 23:15   Link #181
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess considering Gotou actually confessed it's kind of weird that we never got any real resolution between her and Yoshida, but considering she seemed the pensive type who didn't aggressively act on her feelings beyond subtlety, it could be seen as an indication as to why nothing serious had happened between them yet.

Mishima wasn't really a wingwoman so much as someone with her own view of love that she expressed through her pursuit of Yoshida and her comments regarding his relationship with Sayu.
Too bad that the story does not put much attention on Gotou and Mishima. Gotou is Yoshida's senpai, who somehow reminds Yoshida about his high school senpai(?). When Gotou is in Sayu's age, she ran away from home due to her frustrated love life. She alsmost got into trouble when three street gangs surrounded her with lewd eyes. In the end, she finds her rebellion youth pointless. She decides to settle for the passive life. If Yoshida does not ends up with her, it is what it is. She sympathizes Sayu.

Mishima is Yoshidas kouhai. She sees Yoshida as her dream mate. So, she is not afraid to confess her feeling, but she gets cold shoulder from Yoshida. She feels hurt, but she has to get over it. Her lunch talk with Gotou shows they are opposite characters.

Yoshida is not a likeable character due to his interaction with these two ladies. Nevertheless, he has a strong sense of justice. Maybe he is more likeable if he has super power as that cameraman ojisan who helps a runaway JK in an old anime called Speed Grapher.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-29, 04:55   Link #182
Alchemist007
*Author

Besides the basic theme of "helping a younger girl," I can't say this actually reminded me of Speed Grapher in any way...it's a very different anime
Old 2021-06-29, 06:19   Link #183
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 06:34.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-29, 09:50   Link #184
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Sayu's smiles are everything .
Old 2021-07-03, 10:01   Link #185
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I have finally wrapped this up after holding off Episode 8 onwards because of a fear of listening to the gravity of Sayu's misfortunes. But like Sayu, I gotta move on.

Anyway, Higehiro was a rarity among LN adaptations for being a complete adaptation. For that alone I commend the production team for making it possible. It is also quite a rarity for an LN story to not involve a romantic conclusion, especially as it involved a high school girl and a salaryman. Moving on, it does have some pacing issues and some worthwhile sacrifices, but overall it was able to deliver a bittersweet story of an encounter between a high school girl and a salaryman, both longing for connection.

Gotta admit, there were several heartbreaking moments in the story, especially Episode 9 for being the episode where Sayu's past was revealed, as well as Episode 12's demonstration of her mother's lack of affection towards her. It was terrible that Sayu had to experience all that, and it was no wonder that she broke down to the point of living a life without self-regard all this time. She was really fortunate that she got Yoshida, Asami and all that support coming to end her long streak of suffering. Anyway, I won't comment on whether Sayu deserves pursuing Yoshida now that she has graduated... I think this time they not have a right to decide that for themselves.

ENTRY #412 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-30, 00:17   Link #186
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess considering Gotou actually confessed it's kind of weird that we never got any real resolution between her and Yoshida, but considering she seemed the pensive type who didn't aggressively act on her feelings beyond subtlety, it could be seen as an indication as to why nothing serious had happened between them yet.

Mishima wasn't really a wingwoman so much as someone with her own view of love that she expressed through her pursuit of Yoshida and her comments regarding his relationship with Sayu.
There's side stories from Gotou and the Kouhai's POV
Spoiler for Gotou:
Old 2023-08-31, 09:28   Link #187
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
There's side stories from Gotou and the Kouhai's POV
Spoiler for Gotou:
Spoiler:
Old 2023-09-03, 05:28   Link #188
scififan

Quote: